Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2023, 00:15   #586
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Hi,

There is a clicking sound in the steering when the indicator is ON and I turn the vehicle. Is anyone else noticing this? Is this normal?
This sound is not the ticking sound of Indicators though.
V_Nyx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 00:51   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Nyx View Post

There is a clicking sound in the steering when the indicator is ON and I turn the vehicle. Is anyone else noticing this? Is this normal?
I haven't noticed any such sound in mine. All I hear is the ticking sound of the indicator.

Possible to share a video?
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 06:46   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitmk View Post
Do I have to go for PPF/ceramic coat immediately after delivery or can I wait a few days? Was reading of ppl taking delivery and immediately leaving their cars at the PPF workshop for 3 days so I’m confused.

I should get delivery on 5/6 and then I am on leave from work during Diwali week so thought I would do it then so the lack of a car for a few days doesn’t inconvenience me.
Get PPF done as soon as you take the car out of the showroom. That ways, virgin paint surface has less impurities, dust and soot to be removed and preparation of the car is much easier. Also, the gloss is the best at this point of time for the car.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 10:26   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Do I have to go for PPF/ceramic coat immediately after delivery or can I wait a few days? Was reading of ppl taking delivery and immediately leaving their cars at the PPF workshop for 3 days so I’m confused.

I should get delivery on 5/6 and then I am on leave from work during Diwali week so thought I would do it then so the lack of a car for a few days doesn’t inconvenience me.
Contrary to the opinions given above I would rather say don't let the process of getting the car ceramic coated cause inconvenience to you. Get it done when it is convenient for you as it is not a mandatory thing and won't be of much difference if you get it done immediately or if you get it a month down the line. The only reason it is suggested to do immediately is because when the car is relatively new the amount of paint correction done will be comparatively less. But again the car would be relatively unprotected anyways till you get delivery and dealers gift you with enough swirls and paint defects anyways. And considering that paint correction will be done either ways when you hand it over to a detailer by default, a month or two extra is not going to affect much provided you maintain the car right.
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 18:44   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
I haven't noticed any such sound in mine. All I hear is the ticking sound of the indicator.

Possible to share a video?

Here is a video that shows the issue. You will hear a different clicking sound apart from indicators blinking sound. I checked with my SA and he asked me to bring my vehicle tomorrow for an inspection but I said the same issue yesterday when I gave my vehicle for the second service and he failed to check it yesterday
But I am glad that he acknowledged that it is not normal and he will inspect the issue tomorrow

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ang-Oz1BeckrgvZ8...mCqkA?e=Qob40b
V_Nyx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 02:29   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Nyx View Post
Here is a video that shows the issue.
Thanks for sharing.

When you turn-on the indicator, the spring-driven stalk is latched on to the holes in the steering shaft. There are several such holes on the shaft. As you rotate steering more and more in one direction, the stalk spring keeps switching from one hole to the another. This gives out the "clicking" sound.

This is normal in certain cars. I have heard this sound in other cars that I have driven (Tiago, Enjoy). But never faced this in the new Verna. Perhaps it's super silent /well lubricated in the Verna.

Glad that your SA acknowledged it as an issue. Keep us posted on the outcome.

Last edited by MyLife_MyCar : 4th November 2023 at 02:31.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 19:59   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Thanks for sharing.

When you turn-on the indicator, the spring-driven stalk is latched on to the holes in the steering shaft. There are several such holes on the shaft. As you rotate steering more and more in one direction, the stalk spring keeps switching from one hole to the another. This gives out the "clicking" sound.

This is normal in certain cars. I have heard this sound in other cars that I have driven (Tiago, Enjoy). But never faced this in the new Verna. Perhaps it's super silent /well lubricated in the Verna.

Glad that your SA acknowledged it as an issue. Keep us posted on the outcome.

Hi,

Thanks for the info
I went to the service center and the SA assigned another person to check the issue. He checked the issue and said that is normal sound with the steering. But I asked him to check in other Vehicles. There were some new Vernas waiting for PDI and he checked them quickly and there was no such sound in them luckily. Since that happened SA acknowledged that it is an issue and checked the steering by removing it from the vehicle and he did something to reduce the sound and informed that he will change the parts under warranty next week. Sound is reduced now but not eliminated though. I will post further updates once the parts are replaced.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ang-Oz1BeckrgvcAVJnc82rDU2f5iA
V_Nyx is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 14:28   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Get PPF done as soon as you take the car out of the showroom. That ways, virgin paint surface has less impurities, dust and soot to be removed and preparation of the car is much easier. Also, the gloss is the best at this point of time for the car.
Doing the most basic PPF - 4 corners of bumper, 2 side mirrors and and 4 door edges for 7200.

Also doing ceramic coating for which I have been quoted 25k - and after the original coating , subsequent top ups will happen 3 more times every 6 months till the end of 2 years.
If i want to take the 3 yrs plan then price is 10k extra at 35k which I don't want to pay for upfront.

With regards to sunfilm, while the dealer has offered Llumar Air 80 for 22k I found out online that sun films are illegal. I don't want to spend 22k for something that may have to be pulled off if i get unlucky with a cop. Dealer says he's done this for 100s of cars and no one has complained that they were stopped and asked to remove these films. He was mentioning that fuel consumption will reduce due to the very efficient sun films which will require much lesser cooling to be done by the AC. For now i'm not going ahead with the sunfilm.

Can anyone comment on the prices of PPF and ceramic coating? Are they ok? i have got the quote from Shape n Shine in Santacruz W, Mumbai.
Old 6th November 2023, 20:53   #594
Team-BHP Support

I have driven about 250 kms in the car and its odo currently stands at 290 kms.

The mileage since last refuel (odo was 41 kms) is 10 kmpl.

I get around 13-15 kmpl on my home-office commute.

The car gave about 3 kmpl when we got stuck in a horrible traffic jam that took over an hour to cross less than 5 kms.

Its extremely comfortable to drive.
The air filter thing is very useful when stuck in nasty traffic.
It is fast. Have to be careful and not let the inner child act immaturely.
The lane assist is very useful on the Hyderabad ORR.
The sensors help navigating this long car in traffic.
That children crossing notification is now becoming very irritating and I will disable it soon.
Headlights are just about adequate.
The brakes need a little getting used to.
The handling so far feels very good.
My car came with Goodyears.
I have not opted for any car treatment. Instead gave it a shampoo, clay bar and ceramic spray over the weekend with some child labour from my son.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-a1.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-a2.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-a3.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-a4.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-a5.jpg
bblost is offline   (61) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 01:45   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I have not opted for any car treatment. Instead gave it a shampoo, clay bar and ceramic spray over the weekend with some child labour from my son.
Car looks damn HOT in this color. I’m getting the same Titan Grey DCT SX (O) this evening.
I have a feeling I’m going to be disabling most of the ADAS features in the city.

Watched many YouTube videos - I think I’ll just do the basic PPF covering on key areas for 7200 and skip the ceramic coating. Just realised that ceramic coating is only for the gloss and won’t really protect the paint from scratches. Will take the risk of having to spend 4000 per panel for painting if and when something significant happens.
amitmk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 06:12   #596
Senior - BHPian

My extended family members thought it is an EV, because the sleek bonnet and the LED "tubelight" apparently gives that impression !. I am thinking of putting those red extensions on the front bumper skirt to re-emphasize the sporty look. They would go well with the red brake callipers on a white coloured car.
A couple of early days observations from my side.
1) If you warm up the car for 2 min at idle, the engine does run a bit smooth overall, which is in line with the good old Team bhp practice for turbo petrols.
2)When you accelerate from say 30-40 kph to 80 -90 kph in a continuous manner, the engine feels almost EV like silent.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 7th November 2023 at 06:18.
fhdowntheline is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 08:38   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Car looks damn HOT in this color. I’m getting the same Titan Grey DCT SX (O) this evening.
I have a feeling I’m going to be disabling most of the ADAS features in the city.
Congrats on the car and welcome to the owner's club. I will recommend not to switch off the following ADAS features

1. blind spot collision warning
2. rear cross-traffic collision-avoidance assist
3. driver attention warning (good for long highway drives)

If your parking is covered, better not to go for ceramic coating. There is a dedicated thread for car detailing and handle AJ56 is an expert in the domain and I will suggest querying there rather than YouTube videos for an unbiased opinion

Last edited by greyhound82 : 7th November 2023 at 08:56.
greyhound82 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 09:15   #598
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was removing my car from street parking near the Paradise Circle in Secunderabad. Checked multiple times before I started reversing. Suddenly the car slammed the brakes and came to a full stop. My speed was less than 10 kmph.

An auto was speeding like a rocket. If not for the ADAS, the boot would have taken a hit.

I strongly recommend you follow Greyhound82's advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
My extended family members thought it is an EV, because the sleek bonnet and the LED "tubelight" apparently gives that impression !.
We also call it the Tubelight Car.

Quote:
2)When you accelerate from say 30-40 kph to 80 -90 kph in a continuous manner, the engine feels almost EV like silent.
This is damn addictive on the ORR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Congrats on the car and welcome to the owner's club. I will recommend not to switch off the following ADAS features

1. blind spot collision warning
2. rear cross-traffic collision-avoidance assist
3. driver attention warning (good for long highway drives)

Quote:

If your parking is covered, better not to go for ceramic coating. There is a dedicated thread for car detailing and handle AJ56 is an expert in the domain and I will suggest querying there rather than YouTube videos for an unbiased opinion
Covered parking certainly helps but full body PPF is more like insurance against mental stress from idiots who come too close to our cars.
Having said that I am not going thru with it as the sensors are working fine for me and I am extremely lucky that my 99% usage is on very good roads. Once a new flyover becomes operational at Gachibowli, I am expecting it to become even better.
bblost is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 10:43   #599
BHPian

Has anyone managed to turn-off the speed-warning chimes in the current-gen Verna? I don't need it fully turned OFF but would like to delay the frequency, say once every 30 secs.
kpkeerthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 11:30   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I have driven about 250 kms in the car and its odo currently stands at 290 kms.
Hope you plan to remove the blue protective film on the alloy center
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks