Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2023, 18:23   #571
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN07 View Post
Had this warning light pop up for the rear-parking sensors. Physically the sensors seem to be alright. Any idea on what might be the root cause?

Attachment 2523841
Is the Camera feed appearing all right? This might be a sensor issue or a blockage and might need a Service station visit if it persists!
Old 1st November 2023, 02:09   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
Is the Camera feed appearing all right? This might be a sensor issue or a blockage and might need a Service station visit if it persists!
The Camera Feed is good. I don't know if rats can interfere with the wiring!? but yes the car might be due for an early service owing to this.
TN07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 20:50   #573
BHPian

Booked a Titan Grey 1.5 Turbo DCT SX (O) yesterday. They are trying to deliver it to me on 5th.

Haven’t taken the extended warranty or SOT package. Have a few days to decide. Besides these there are a few things I’ll definitely do:

1. Planning to do PPF for 14 parts that the dealer is offering for 11k - I may do this outside because even at 1000 psf the math for 11k doesn’t add up.

2. Anti rust coating on the underbody

3. Sun film to reduce the inside heat. Black interiors will just get too hot otherwise.

4. Ceramic coating - in 2 minds if this is really needed now or if it’s better to do this after 1 year.

5. Carpets and mud flap I’ll buy locally - hated the original Hyundai plasticy thing which was in light grey color only. It’ll be such an eyesore.

Anything that I may have missed ?
amitmk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 21:39   #574
Team-BHP Support

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-verna1.jpg

Yesterday, I picked up my new car.
The SX(0) DCT variant from Kun (Gachibowli, Hyderabad).

Its the Titan Grey color. Car was delivered in less than a week.

It had 41 km on the odo. Since then I have driven another 80 kms.
Slowly getting the hang of the many features in it.

Intially thought of getting a 7 seater like a Carens. Then also thought of the cars like XL6 and even the Ertiga.
But decided against any of them because they look more utilitarian than something to enjoy as a personal vehicle.

The SUV styling of the Seltos / Creta etc does not appeal to anyone in my family. My son kind of liked the Seltos but he likes everything with wheels on it.

I did dilly dally a bit on the Nexon EV but it was not practical and the cost savings were not worth it.

The Verna side profile and the way the engine responds when you put it in the Sports mode are the main reasons for chosing this car.

The only offer was the 25k exchange bonus.
No compulsion from the dealer to buy insurance from them.

The sales team from Kun which handled my car purchase were extremely sweet and made the entire experiance top class.
bblost is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 22:13   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitmk View Post
Booked a Titan Grey 1.5 Turbo DCT SX (O) yesterday.

Anything that I may have missed?
Try Hyundai 7D mats. Good fit and quality are also good. I bought their magnetic sun shades too
Old 2nd November 2023, 06:50   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Attachment 2524662

Hey bblost, many congratulations on the new Verna and welcome to the club!! True to your points, my Fortuner and Thar arent being taken out much after Verna's garage entry. Totally addictive!! Last I ever enjoyed a sedan was mobike008's hot red Accent, if you remember
getsurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 09:14   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Anything that I may have missed ?
1. Tires
2. Perfume
3. Seat upholstery
4. God idol
5. Scuff plates
6. "I Love India or TBHP" stickers
7. Dechroming
8. Debadging
9. Remapping/Add-on chip
10. New speakers
11. Dashcam
12. Car care kit

That's all I could think of

Last edited by kpkeerthi : 2nd November 2023 at 09:19.
Old 2nd November 2023, 10:16   #578
Team-BHP Support

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20231102_094819.jpg

I can live with this mileage. Have a feeling this car will be more economical in its running compared to my older Sail.

Route was Hyderabad ORR between speed of 120-90 and some traffic in road close to office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hey bblost, many congratulations on the new Verna and welcome to the club!! True to your points, my Fortuner and Thar arent being taken out much after Verna's garage entry. Totally addictive!! Last I ever enjoyed a sedan was mobike008's hot red Accent, if you remember
That was one of the most beautiful cars of it time.

The car sure is addictive. I am waiting for the initial 1000 kms to get completed before switching to the "Sports" drive mode.

Last edited by bblost : 2nd November 2023 at 13:42.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 10:46   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
I didn't change the wheels but the TPMS issue is coming for the same front right tyre. Looks like a bug in their software. Thanks for the suggestion i will try this.
I am getting it as 32 for the left front tyre after parking it for 2 days! I will check in tyre centre also if any puncture, otherwise is it suggested to put higher pressure like 35 and leave it?
Old 2nd November 2023, 12:27   #580
Senior - BHPian

@bblost Welcome to the Verna tribe!.

I am using my car on the Hinjawadi office route and its giving me about 12-13 kmpl during peak hours. Not too bad. But the car is really meant for the open stretches and expressways. Planning a weekend trip to let her horses gallop freely.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 12:51   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Attachment 2524662

Its the Titan Grey color. Car was delivered in less than a week.

It had 41 km on the odo. Since then I have driven another 80 kms.
Slowly getting the hang of the many features in it.
Congratulations, even I am planning to get one soon non turbo version from same dealership. Already have a Venue N line so do not want another DCT car.

Your car simply looks awesome in this shade with black alloys. Even my family somehow liked Verna better than Seltos/Creta.
TJ02 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 13:14   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
I am getting it as 32 for the left front tyre after parking it for 2 days! I will check in tyre centre also if any puncture, otherwise is it suggested to put higher pressure like 35 and leave it?
If you are going to fill the air after driving for sometime, I would recommend you to go for 35 as the tyres will be hot and the mentioned 32 tyre pressure is cold tyre pressure.
V_Nyx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 17:41   #583
BHPian

Do I have to go for PPF/ceramic coat immediately after delivery or can I wait a few days? Was reading of ppl taking delivery and immediately leaving their cars at the PPF workshop for 3 days so I’m confused.

I should get delivery on 5/6 and then I am on leave from work during Diwali week so thought I would do it then so the lack of a car for a few days doesn’t inconvenience me.
amitmk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 19:11   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Nyx View Post
If you are going to fill the air after driving for sometime, I would recommend you to go for 35 as the tyres will be hot and the mentioned 32 tyre pressure is cold tyre pressure.
I showed the car at the Hyundai ASS and looks like they increased the tyre pressure to 36 and voila the warning symbol on dashboard is gone! I was more worried about puncture as I have a 1000 Km trip coming up around the Diwali weekend!

Thanks for your suggestion.
PeteKing75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 22:43   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Do I have to go for PPF/ceramic coat immediately after delivery or can I wait a few days? Was reading of ppl taking delivery and immediately leaving their cars at the PPF workshop for 3 days so I’m confused.
Best to do it immediately as they can show you any swivel marks or Paint bubbles if any in the beginning; Otherwise you will not know the source! You also get paint protection from day 3 literally and get more value for your money.
PeteKing75 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks