Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2023, 23:57   #556
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
For initial 2-3 instances I was very apprehensive about it. However, once you get used to it, you'll be thanking this feature as it captures things that escapes our line of sight.
It's asinine of Hyundai to not give us the option to turn of the real cross traffic alert permanently like the others, especially for a country like India. I now almost religiously ensure that the setting is turned off before reversing the car out which isn't ideal. I wonder if it's also thing on the Seltos.
Old 28th October 2023, 11:04   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetFailure View Post
Fellow manual transmission owners, do you observe any engine lugging when driving at 3/4/5 gear and leave the accelerator suddenly around 1k rpm? In my car it happens a lot, and it feels like the car has lost power suddenly and I always need to downshift immediately. Do note that this doesn't happen always, and at times the car just pulls off easily in the same gear.

What is going wrong? Am I not driving correctly ?
I am no expert, but 1k rpm is almost idling rpm no?

Your Verna's torque kicks in at 1500rpm. I am guessing that's when the turbo spools in as well.

Give the engine some power to work with
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 23:54   #558

1.5 TSI has problems, check the international forums. And no need to mention about DSG everyone knows that they can't sleep during nights.

When we buy a car, in my opinion at least Hyundai is an all rounder when it comes to turbo petrol engine, and their service support and spares availability. And their 1.5 Turbo is manufactured in India, where as VW Group 1.5TSI engine is not manufactured here becareful here folks.

If you want peaceful ownership - Honda
Old 29th October 2023, 02:55   #559
BHPian

Saw this video on Youtube today and I think it summarizes the Verna perfectly. Firecracker of an engine, Ample features, scores high on practicality, good handling, decent steering and adequate braking.

TN07 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 05:22   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun7774 View Post
1.5 TSI has problems, check the international forums. And no need to mention about DSG everyone knows that they can't sleep during nights.

When we buy a car, in my opinion at least Hyundai is an all rounder when it comes to turbo petrol engine, and their service support and spares availability. And their 1.5 Turbo is manufactured in India, where as VW Group 1.5TSI engine is not manufactured here becareful here folks.

If you want peaceful ownership - Honda
If you take adequate precautions with the DSG gearbox (like switching to N during traffic stops) I dont think it is a huge issue anymore. Besides I get the sense that both VW and Hyundai have tuned their gearboxes such that the power delivery is "calibrated" in the lower gears in city conditions. There could be an impact on mileage, but then you cant have everything at once. I felt it while TDing the Virtus/Slavia and do feel so wrt the Verna which I have. And this in comparison to my earlier experience with the DQ200 on the Polo, which felt explosive from get go.
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 08:33   #561
BHPian

I am using both ISG and Auto Hold together hoping that this will disengage the clutch during traffic light stops and stop-and-go thereby increasing the life of this dry dual-clutch
greyhound82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 10:26   #562
BHPian

A friend of mine owns Kia Carens DCT. Been driving it in Hyderabad IT park traffic for about 1.5 years . He lets auto hold engage and does not shift from D to N. No issues with transmission heating up so far.

Hence, I would believe that if brakes are fully pressed or auto hold is activated, it disengages the clutch.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 16:02   #563
BHPian

Anyone who recently bought the Verna:
What were the discounts you could negotiate?
I am only being told of a 25000 exchange bonus + 3000 corporate discount as offers on 1.5 Turbo DCT SX (O) in Mumbai.

Where else do I have scope to ask for discounts? I’ve asked them to keep out all optional accessories, carpeting, etc out of the costing anyway.
Old 29th October 2023, 17:03   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitmk View Post
I am only being told of a 25000 exchange bonus + 3000 corporate discount as offers on 1.5 Turbo DCT SX (O) in Mumbai.

Where else do I have scope to ask for discounts? I’ve asked them to keep out all optional accessories, carpeting, etc out of the costing anyway.
I got a flat 50K discount on the overall price in Pune. Try to push for more. And get outside insurance quotes so that they can match and get the overall discount to 50K or more levels. Also look at the colour, if there is a colour that you like and is there in their stock, they may agree on further discounts to push the sale thru.
Old 29th October 2023, 20:10   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
I will be getting the number plates installed today at detailer and then take it out on a highway ride over weekend! Some pics of my new and yet unnamed car
I drove down to Mysore on the Expressway from Bengaluru yesterday. It was a very good experience:
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4268.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4269.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4266.jpeg

We started at about 10 AM and reached the outskirts of Mysore for a quick lunch by 12.15. The Sports mode makes it a real beast and it really pulls in an addictive manner. I can resonate with the TDI++ feeling here as it reminded me of the pull of the Rapid 1.6 TDI that I owned. The pull is very linear though and does not cause any jerks. Another surprise was the way it sticks to the corners and the confidence it gives you while changing lanes. I tried the ADAS features like Smart Cruise and the Lane control and they worked very well! The blinking red light in the side mirrors to warn of blind spot collision, is one of my favourites!

Post the lunch, it was time to meet my aunty who stay in Mysore and has undergone a knee replacement. My cousin has the new Tuscon in the same colour and he said the Verna looks very beautiful and futuristic. We had to meet another friend and encountered some bad roads in the city near Bogadi. This is when I had to remember I am driving a longish low slung sedan and slowed down appropriately over the monster speed breakers and potholes! It was able to clear them satisfactorily! As long as we know where to slow down, the Verna will be a comfortable cruiser car without any doubt! The DCT really helps here and takes away the manual clutch and gear work!

It was 6.15 PM and time to get back to Bangalore. Well, the car performed even better at night, maybe since I had got the hang of it, and I reached Indiranagar by 9 PM. For those who know Bengaluru traffic on Saturday evenings, this was no mean feat!

I covered some 320 Kms in all with a mileage of 15.4 KMPL with about 100 Kms in city conditions and 220 kms on the expressway! Sport mode takes this car to a different level altogether and it can easily play catch up with bigger Indian SUVs like XUV 700 or the Harriers and even the German sedans! Normal mode is par for the course for 90% of the time! I did not try the Eco mode as the goal was to enjoy the expressway!

Sharing some pics of antique cars and bikes from Poojary's Fish Land where we stopped over for the break: I plan to go on a longer and more casual drive 2 weeks from now and will capture some pics of my car then!

One question on the placement of the Idol/statue on the dashboard. My Sales rep had kept the Ganesha idol on the front woofer right in the centre and there is an idol of Raghavendra too now on it! I am wondering if this is the right place, but I do not see any other flat recess or spot to keep our Gods? Is there any issue that fellow members can think of if the statues are on the front woofer section? Appreciate any thoughts on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitmk View Post
I would suggest trying with different dealers in the same city. You might get a better discount from one of them! If you are already a Hyundai owner, that will also help to an extent in bargaining with them. I did not take a single accessory apart from the basic kit - floor mats, perfume, Ganesha idol and car cover!

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 08:56. Reason: Rearranged attachments. Please use the insert picture tab below the test you intend to have the picture.
PeteKing75 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 08:43   #566
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I got a flat 50K discount on the overall price in Pune. Try to push for more. And get outside insurance quotes so that they can match and get the overall discount to 50K or more levels.
Is the break up of the 50k mentioned by you:
1. 25k Exchange Bonus.
2. Savings from getting insurance on your own.

When I was enquiring on the Verna, the only offer available from the dealer was the 25k exchange and no push towards getting their own insurance.

In fact they themselves were recommending to not waste money getting the more than 80k worth insurance that is on their quotation.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 12:12   #567
Senior - BHPian

No, it was a flat discount as I said. My experience is that the dealer was willing to give the discount on the available stock and the dealer also stated that they do not take many cars into their inventory in one go, unlike other hot selling CSUV models like Venue/ Creta.
Old 31st October 2023, 01:21   #568
BHPian

Had this warning light pop up for the rear-parking sensors. Physically the sensors seem to be alright. Any idea on what might be the root cause?

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_1734.jpg
Old 31st October 2023, 01:50   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
I would suggest trying with different dealers in the same city. You might get a better discount from one of them! If you are already a Hyundai owner, that will also help to an extent in bargaining with them. I did not take a single accessory apart from the basic kit - floor mats, perfume, Ganesha idol and car cover!
I have managed to get insurance down to 37k & dealer discount up to 50k. Getting just 50k + 25k exchange bonus for my 2006 single owner Honda City ZX GXi. Going to the dealer tomorrow physically to push for another 15-20k and will then close the deal.

Anyone done BH registration in Maharashtra on the Verna 1.5 SX (O) Turbo? What was the amount that you paid for the first two years?

Last edited by Axe77 : 31st October 2023 at 06:16. Reason: No SMS lingo please.
Old 31st October 2023, 15:08   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN07 View Post
Had this warning light pop up for the rear-parking sensors. Physically the sensors seem to be alright. Any idea on what might be the root cause?
Looks like this might be due to the sensor malfunction according to the manual:
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-warning.jpg

If there is nothing evidently blocking the sensor, like dust or slush, better to get it checked with Hyundai Service Center

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 08:57. Reason: Rearranged attachment. Please use the insert picture tab below the test you intend to have the picture.
vignesh207 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks