Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2023, 13:11   #511
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack1970 View Post
I have seen large chunks of hard plastic getting ripped off ! Wonder if the plastic quality has deteriorated or the rats have more
Off-topic: Because their teeth are so hard, rats are able to chew through most of the materials such as:
  • Plastic
  • Wood
  • Brick
  • Cement
  • Lead
  • Asbestos
  • Aluminum
  • Cinder blocks
Source: https://www.earthkind.com/blog/what-...-chew-through/

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 09:02. Reason: Formatted post.
greyhound82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 16:32   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
But mostly it will be the Hyundai this time!
I think you are taking the right decision. I myself have a Taigun GT Plus DSG, driven about 33K kms in 2years. I have been a long time VAG customer but these 2.0 cars are not built to last. Many niggles & issues are there. Better to stick to Verna. I did TD and Verna is quite close to VAG in terms of driving. Also you get peace of mind with Hyundai.

With Verna scoring 5 star in GNCAP, VAG twins will struggle to sell in good numbers.

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 09:02. Reason: Deleted blank row in quoted text.
TJ02 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 21:19   #513
BHPian

Does anybody know if it will be feasible to retrofit the electric height adjust on the SX(O) trim of the Verna from lets say the Seltos or the Creta? The 4-way electric seats are good but 6-way adjust would be better.

I do understand that a lot of these are possible but would the money spent and end-product be worth it?
TN07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 07:14   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN07 View Post
Does anybody know if it will be feasible to retrofit the electric height adjust on the SX(O) trim of the Verna from lets say the Seltos or the Creta? The 4-way electric seats are good but 6-way adjust would be better.

I do understand that a lot of these are possible but would the money spent and end-product be worth it?
Would it not affect the seat design itself? There is an airbag in the seat. Not sure how it would be feasible without compromising safety.
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 10:00   #515
BHPian

Quote:
The warranty might get void as you need to play with the original electricals. Did multiple people drive your car that frequently to change the manual adjustment? In my Harrier, it was there but as I was the sole user, I hardly used the same.
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 23:21   #516
BHPian

Any idea when the wireless Android Auto & Apple car play will be available in SX(O) DCT?
Old 15th October 2023, 03:53   #517
BHPian

Is there any way to get rid of the annoying beeps at 80/120? This is such a killjoy on vehicles!

Last edited by Aditya : 15th October 2023 at 05:03. Reason: Typos
Sandy Damodaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 19:26   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Nyx View Post
Any idea when the wireless Android Auto & Apple car play will be available in SX(O) DCT?
The next generation of Hyundai cars are getting it. See:
&

https://update-hyundai-com.translate..._x_tr_pto=wapp.

Whether or not this is backward compatible is still not known.

The reason the 10.25 inch screens on the Hyundai models don't have Carplay or android auto is due to a dispute between Apple and Hyundai on which maps will get priority when the "Nav" button is pressed.
TN07 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 14:23   #519
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshS View Post
I don't drive (don't have a license, but been on this forum for 18 years!).
If you want a chauffeur driven sedan and don't have too much money, the Verna is a good choice.
Congrats on the new car. Just curious, why didn't you try to learn driving? I didn't know cycling as my dad had prohibited me (his brother got killed in a motorcycle on his son's first birthday). But I learnt cycling at the age of 41. I never thought I would be able to! But have resisted the temptation to learn to ride a bike due to the way bikers are mauled on our roads. If it's due to shyness, please don't hold back, because it was embarrassing for me to practice in front of 5 year olds, who were perplexed what this uncle is doing and to top that I had one nasty fall and wife said "have you gone mad" (she used to make fun of me for not knowing cycling, as she knew!). My daughter was growing up, so I didn't want her also to make fun of me!
The Rationalist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 21:52   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the booking! I was in the same boat as you about 5 months ago.

I booked the car and got delivery of it in about 2 weeks.
I am expecting the car next week and super excited. The car is an August make which is quite good. I actually drove the demo car from my home in Indiranagar where I got it to park and check, to the dealers location on Mysore road and it was very comfortable and easy to drive. Family is OK with the decision as well.

Would you recommend a ceramic coating or PPF? This along with a dashcam seem to be the only accessories worth considering! The advantages of going with the top end.
PeteKing75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 22:47   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
Would you recommend a ceramic coating or PPF? This along with a dashcam seem to be the only accessories worth considering! The advantages of going with the top end.
If you are going to wash the car yourself, ceramic coating works else go with PPF. PPF tend to look yellowish over time.
Go for a dual-channel DashCam. The Hyundai mats are good and fit well. Also try their magnetic sunshades
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 12:15   #522
BHPian

Had a peculiar issue with my Verna which I thought of posting. Just some useful info. So the tyre pressure in my car dropped over time due to my own laziness and finally I started getting a low tyre pressure warning for the front left tyre on display. It forced me to get the tyre pressure checked and topped up which I did, but the low TP sign and warning light continued to pop up. I read a few online suggestions including driving the car at 50kmh for few minutes etc but nothing seemed to work. Sent the car to service center today for checking and resolving. They tried to resolve by connecting their Tab and resetting the TPMS but it didnt work. Wasted about an hour but no resolution. Finally, they increased the air pressure in the tyre to beyond 40 (recommended 34 in manual), and the sign went off. Then they reduced the pressure back to recommended. Did a test drive and everything seems to be okay.
Irritating how with so much computerization, things seem to only get more complicated in these new age vehicles and funny how the age old "JUGAD" still solves problems.
Jainudit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 17:24   #523
BHPian

Just crossed 10,000km a few days back on my Verna. Quick question, Do you feel the stock LED lights are sufficient? Have any of you looked for an upgrade/or have already upgraded? I feel that the lights are placed too low thus affecting the throw.
amg5610 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 19:51   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg5610 View Post
Just crossed 10,000km a few days back on my Verna. Quick question, Do you feel the stock LED lights are sufficient? Have any of you looked for an upgrade/or have already upgraded? I feel that the lights are placed too low thus affecting the throw.
Spot on. It's an issue especially on dark country roads and neither low or high beam is effective. I am myself looking for options that don't void warranty
Old 21st October 2023, 18:38   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
If you are going to wash the car yourself, ceramic coating works else go with PPF. PPF tend to look yellowish over time.
Go for a dual-channel DashCam. The Hyundai mats are good and fit well. Also try their magnetic sunshades
I am getting a PPF quote of around 85k along with ceramic for alloys, glass area with a 5 year warranty. I am just wondering if I go for the PPF and if any scratch occurs, then there will be a tear on the film and it tends to look a bit ugly. On the other hand it can prevent damage to paint and relatively easy to maintain with a Jopasu duster and once a week washing for city usage! I have got PPF installed on my Kushaq and it has withstood 1.5 years quite well except for a few scratches where it came off and those spots do look a bit odd, but it could have saved painting costs! Ceramic alone for the whole car comes to around 30K with 5 year warranty, so this plus PPF for 55K does seem a good deal! Any Verna owners with PPF installed, please do advise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks