Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2023, 06:30   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimittal99 View Post
Got our Verna delivery.
Infact the sales representative also told me the color was rare and not many people book this color. This one's due for Ppf and I've gone for Garware ppf, will share the same when it's done.

Here are some photos of my car
Awesome color, for sure. If you are ok, can you please share with us the cost of Garware PPF?

Looking forward to seeing you in Hyderabad. Happy Motoring!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 11:19   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Awesome color, for sure. If you are ok, can you please share with us the cost of Garware PPF?

Looking forward to seeing you in Hyderabad. Happy Motoring!
I was getting the price of Rs. 1.2 lacs + GST from all the studios. So decided to go with one which had good Google reviews. The one I went with is Let's Motors in Madhapur. I'm going to get delivery today. PPF is now coming with e-warranties, which I did not get last year when I got it for my other car. So hoping this is more reliable and authentic way of getting it done
ravimittal99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 16:34   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Got our Verna delivery last week. Been following this thread for quite sometime and seeing many black, starry night and tellurium brown Verna here 😊. I decided to go ahead with a color which would look different and while I checked for this color in different showrooms, I couldn't find any. Altough very few videos online, but me and my wife went with our decision to book a Typhoon Silver Verna in 1.5 Dct Turbo SX (O) model. Car looks quite sporty in this color.

Infact the sales representative also told me the color was rare and not many people book this color. This one's due for Ppf and I've gone for Garware ppf, will share the same when it's done.

Here are some photos of my car
Looks really stunning. If possible get the ORVMs and roof wrapped in gloss black, and it will look crazy sporty!
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 02:36   #379
BHPian

Quote:
I decided to go ahead with a color which would look different and while I checked for this color in different showrooms, I couldn't find any. Altough very few videos online, but me and my wife went with our decision to book a Typhoon Silver Verna in 1.5 Dct Turbo SX (O) model. Car looks quite sporty in this color.
I had booked Hyundai Verna in Typhoon Silver April only to cancel a month later due to personal reasons. I must say your Typhoon silver Verna looks fabulous in this paint shade. BTW How is DCT with coping heavy traffic?
FrozeninTime is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 15:58   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
I had booked Hyundai Verna in Typhoon Silver April only to cancel a month later due to personal reasons. I must say your Typhoon silver Verna looks fabulous in this paint shade. BTW How is DCT with coping heavy traffic?
Thank you

As compared to all my other cars which are CVTs which give about 10 kmpl no matter what, the Verna DCT mileage goes for a toss and gives about 3.5 to 4 kmpl in very heavy bumper to bumper traffic. But as soon as the traffic clears, it normalizes to even 8 kmpl. However, on smooth less traffic, it does even give 14 kmpl. The only issue I have found as of now is that when the car is idling and I hit the accelarator, it takes a few seconds to start moving and when it goes it goes quick, so I have be cautions and hit the break as soon as I accelarate.
ravimittal99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 15:23   #381
BHPian

Got the ceramic coating done about 3 weeks ago from 5C Car Care Gurgaon, owned by our own TBHPian AJ56 aka Anish Jain. He is really passionate about what he does and has immense knowledge on everything related to car detailing and its maintenance. He even personally inspects each and every car before that it leaves his shop to ensure that customer gets more than what he/she pays for.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-side-1.jpg
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-front_1.jpg
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-grill.jpg
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-wheel.jpg

Backstory

As everyone keeps talking about 3M, it was the first brand in my mind when I thought of ceramic coating. A quick Google search showed a 3M Car Care near my home and I called up the guy. He quoted amount X1 (dont remember exact amount) with a maintenance application every 4-6 months for 2 years.

Called up another 3M Car Care (at NFC) and he quoted amount X2 (which was significantly higher than X1) with 2 maintenance application every 6 months. Confused at how two 3M stores differ so much in the price and maintenance schedule, I looked up for information on the 3M website and came to know that NFC is the only authorized 3M branch in New Delhi!

Anyway, still not convinced with both, I came to the Google of the car world (of course, TBHP) and started looking at the threads on ceramic coating. That's when I came across 5C Car Care (Professional Car Detailing - 5C Car Care, Gurgaon) and though of giving it a try.

Setting up an appointment

Called up Anish to fix an appointment. He briefed me about the process and said that I need to leave the car for 3 days with him. One distinguishing point here was that there won't be a need for a maintenance pack every few months, as was the case with 3M. They use the SystemX Ceramic Coating.

Since I had to take a business travel for a week, I planned to leave my car 4 days before I travel so that I could collect it on time. Also, Anish mentioned that there is a 6-day curing period for the coating where it should not be exposed to heavy rain/water. It also worked well for me as the car would be sitting in the parking for the week that I was away.

Attaching few before and after pics. You can easily see the swirl marks left by the cleaning guy at the dealer. I think my car had to be cleaned 2-3 times before delivery as it was raining for a few days in Delhi back then, and they had to wipe the car once before PDI and once before the delivery.

Bonnet
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-before_after_bonnet.jpg

Door Handle
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-before_after_handle.jpg

Tail Lamps
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-before_after_tail.jpg

Overall, it was a fantastic work done by Anish. He is very knowledgeable and has an eye for detail. Even a speck of dust can't escape from him. He ensures that his team is taking proper measures for handling the car. There are couple of water tanks to store RO water and numerous washing/cleaning mitts for wiping the car. I opted for glass coating as well as an add-on.

The evening I went to collect the car, there was heavy traffic as usual. Though I tried to leave as early as possible, I was late due to some office meetings. Anish had to wait beyond his closing time just for me to collect the car.

Exposure to hard water

10 days after getting the ceramic coating done, I was at my in-laws place where they had a garden hose and I decided to wash the car there on my own. After happily seeing the car enjoying a full wash, I got to know that the tap that I connected the garden hose to gets the hard water.
By the time I realized this, it was already too late and hard water left its mark on the car.

Below is a sample image from Google. Could not get a picture of my car:
Name:  Hard Water Spots.png
Views: 1194
Size:  431.9 KB

With a heavy heart, took it to a detailing shop near my home to get a thorough foam wash. They owner of that shop started asking me about the ceramic coating - from where I got it done? What is the duration for applying maintenance pack etc.

Without going into much details, I replied that I got it done from Gurgaon, and there is no need to reapplication if maintained properly. Hearing this, the guy started doubting the quality of the ceramic coating and told me that I might have been fooled as all ceramic coatings need a reapplication/top-up after 5-6 months. He was being sarcastic when telling me this (or at least I felt so). Hence, I told him that I got this done from 5C Car Care and they use SystemX ceramic coat.

The guy meekly said okay and did not probe any further adding that SystemX is good.

He, however, suggested me to take the car back to 5C and get it checked there for removing hard water spots as he did not want to risk applying some solution that might harm the ceramic coat. I appreciated his honesty, thanked him, and left the place.

Setting up second appointment

Messaged Anish immediately and told him about the issue. Since he was committed to some other customers, he asked to bring in the car after 2 days.
In those two days, there was a light drizzle in Delhi. Delhi is yet to get proper monsoon - there is a streak of hot sunny days, followed by some winds and shower randomly. Although I have a covered parking, there is lot of dust in the area as there are construction work going nearby (metro and buildings). Somehow, the rainwater, mixed with dust, found way in the parking (due to the winds), all settled and eventually dried on my car. Not a good scene to watch.

Anyway, after 2 days, on a Thursday morning, took the car to 5C. Anish's staff immediately took the car in and gave it a nice foam wash to start with. The car was back to its glory..........., or at least that's what it thought after seeing it from a distance. On a close inspection, found that the hard water marks are still there, sticking firmly to the surface.

Thus, begins the experiment from Anish and he tried applying some solution (don't remember the name) to the bonnet - first with X% dilution, then with Y% dilution and so on. At some point, it worked! The marks were almost gone, but to treat the whole car, it would take time. So, Anish asked me to leave the car and collect it the next day (Friday).

Collecting the car post treatment

Started from my home on Friday evening after wrapping up my calls by 5.30 pm. Figured that it would take me an hour to reach 5C. However, the Murphy Uncle paid a visit and it started drizzling. Traffic jam, followed by water logging and evening peak hour rush, resulted in a delay and I reached 5C after 7.45 pm.
Around 7.15pm, I dropped a message to Anish informing that I'm on the way and stuck in traffic. He told me that it's raining heavily and water logged roads in Gurgaon, and asked me to collect the car next day. However, I was just 4-5Km away now, and going back would mean wasting all the efforts for coming so far, and repeating same thing the next day (forecast said it would continue to rain next day).
I requested Anish if he could wait for few minutes. Although it was his closing time and his staff all left, he patiently waited for me, yet again.

On top of that, he did not charge my anything on goodwill (just for this once). Really appreciated his gesture!
The car is back to its original form, and now I have learnt a lesson to always check the source of water that is being used to wash the car. The black color is really a tough one to maintain and needs lot of pampering. However, the shine of a clean surface and then the smile on your face is totally worth the effort.

Watching the Glass Coating in Action

As I opted for an add-on glass coating from 5C, I got to see it in action on my way back to home after collecting the car. It was still raining but the water on the windscreen was no issue. During my journey from 5C to home, which was almost 35 km, I had to use wiper only 2-3 times. Even it being night, it was fairly easy to drive without the wipers in the city lights. I was, of course, extra cautious and did not exceed beyond 50kmph, but wanted to highlight the ease of drive with the coating on the glass.
The pics below do not do complete justice.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-glass_coat_3.jpg
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-glass_coat_2.jpg
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-glass_coat_1.jpg

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with 5C Car Care. This post is purely based on my interaction and experience with Anish and 5C Car Care.

P.S: I need to click pics more frequently to capture all the memories with the car
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-front_2.jpg
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-front_light.jpg

Last edited by MyLife_MyCar : 4th August 2023 at 15:26. Reason: Typo
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 12:47   #382
BHPian

Got to test drive 2 cars today, one of them was the Verna 1.5T MT which I will compare with another similar car, the Tjet which I own.

Bottom end is weak compared to the Jet (remapped) if accelerating hard which gives the impression that the Verna is quicker through the midrange, but its the Linea which has a flatter torque curve and a better throttle response down low.

This really surprised me. The low speed ride has similar sideways wiggle to the High GC Linea which is why I 'upgraded' to the low GC setup.

Brakes disc/drum aren't as strong and don't have initial feel/bite that the Tjet has.

Surprisingly it doesn't have anti stall so you can hear the engine clatter and potest at low speeds if in the wrong gear. It also felt like the car wanted to shut off in 1st a couple of times with foot off the accelerator (auto stop start?)

Ride is stiff in the city compared to my Jet that runs on Michelins. The Verna didn't round off expansion joints as well.

Steering is good, but hydraulic is still the King.

Really couldn't try the 3 driving modes in Bangalore traffic, but Sport did seem to have more pep.

Space management is a no contest. The Verna has a lot more room at the back than the Jet with my driving position.

If I ever have to sell the Tjet (lack of parts) the Verna would be my first option.
keroo1099 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 14:08   #383
BHPian

Aerofin looks kewl

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-verna-front1.jpg

I wanted to make it look much more sportier and so went with a sticker in the middle. But the sticker job is not perfect and I am modifying it soon.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-verna-front-new.jpg
V_Nyx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 21:41   #384
BANNED

Test drove the Turbo Verna and came back mighty impressed, we have also purchased the N.A variant recently for my sister.

Anyways since I couldn't find any post comparing these 2 engines, here is my brief comparison of 1.6 CRDi in Creta vs 1.5 Turbo Petrol in Verna.

- The 1.6 CRDi is faster in 9/10 real life scenarios.
Examples:

1- The absolute low end during slow traffic or in higher gear when you can just slightly tap on the accelerator in any gear and comfortably overtake slower traffic fuss free, the 1.5 Turbo is a level down in this range.

2- The mid range till about 3,500 rpm, the punch or kick you get once the turbo is singing, this takes care of your medium traffic scenarios or whenever you are in mood for some fun, in 99% of my driving the Creta, no matter what, I have never gone or found the reason to go beyond this, there is proper surge and just effortless performance in this range, the 1.5 Turbo is once again a level down in this range.

Where the 1.5 Turbo takes over is:

1- The moment you cross 3,500-4,000 rpm over which 1.6 CRDi doesn't has much too offer, here is where the extra 30 or so horsepower shows, it gets properly fast from here and is a special and really fast experience, feels as quick as cars costing many times the price and I would surely buy one (especially considering the short life of Diesels in Delhi) in a heartbeat and the 1.6 CRDi while amazingly refined for a Diesel is still nowhere near as refined as this petrol engine which is in a different league of refinement.

This power however is not daily accessible and unless you are in absolute mood for and find a totally empty highway is when you can totally make use of it, for everything else, the 1.6 CRDi is superior, plus it is atleast 50% more fuel efficient while doing that! Its a shame they don't make this anymore and have downgraded the Diesel.

People used to make these non-sensical comments about buying diesel only when you have a high running, the Verna is around 2 lakhs more expensive than the NA petrol purely for more performance (And I will happily pay the premium), Diesels back in the day used to be 1-1.5 lakhs more expensive, and most of them used to be leagues faster and enjoyable thanks to Turbos in real world, one could and I did buy it for performance alone, that extra 50% mileage was an added bonus (and a major one at that), what fantastic value they were!

Last edited by Rocketscience : 8th August 2023 at 22:00.
Rocketscience is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2023, 10:29   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Nyx View Post
Hi fellow Verna owners,

Do you find any screws like these
Attachment 2475459
in between the DRLs and the front bumper or between positioning lamp and front bumper?
Hi V_Nyx, were you able to figure this out? My car doesn't have these. This seems like a shoddy job to cover up for some damage!
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 20:40   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Hi V_Nyx, were you able to figure this out? My car doesn't have these. This seems like a shoddy job to cover up for some damage!
Yes, When they changed the bonnet and the front grill after a minor accident, they did a very bad job (KUN Hyundai -Anna Salai, Thousand Lights). Worst experience ever. If anyone is from Chennai, never ever go to this service center. They fixed 75% of the issue but not completely. It is not that evident now as they have changed the screws to rivets and it is better now but not completely fixed and the service manager has promised to fix it completely at the earliest.
V_Nyx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 22:25   #387
BHPian

Took delivery of my wife's Verna 1.5Turbo SX(O) MT last week. Abyss Black color. Came home, removed all ribbons/covers, and completed 1100+ kms drive Bangalore-Kochi-Bangalore, posting my observations.

#Engine is a highlight. Linear power delivery. Smooth.
#1st to 2nd gear transition- this was not smooth. Tried every position with the clutch literally to no avail.
#AC cooling was so so. Had set lowest temp, still felt cooling to be average. Outside temp was 34-35`C with high humidity.
#Display, Screens- Fluid, Responsive. OTA update works fine. Sound quality- just above average.
#Bluelink- Works fine, so does voice commands.
#Ground Clearance- Did not scrape anywhere (3 PAX + Luggage).
#Mileage- Extremely sensitive to throttle input/speed. Per MID- Got as high as 22.5km/L over 90.6kms in 1.32 hours enroute to BLR. Overall mileage for this 1100kms trip was 15km/L. MID numbers may be inflated, so 14km/L seems acceptable. Happy? Yes!
#NVH- good, but could do with better wheel well cladding. Boot lid insides- needs proper covering/coating.
#Ride quality- Coming from my daily driver, a 2021 Seltos diesel automatic, this felt better and supple.
#Head Lights- Strictly Average. This car needs better projectors. Cornering lights work great.
#Seat Comfort- Getting the right position took time, but once set was comfortable for the drive both ways.
#ADAS- Works fine, Was on throughout the journey except inside BLR and Kochi.
*Deactivated the forward collision warning as it can cause accidents rather than prevent them, especially with sudden braking leading to rear ending.
*Blind spot detection was helpful, worked well.
*Lane Keeping Assist works perfect.
*Driver Attention Warning was quite intrusive, and did not go away even after taking 30+ minute breaks.
*Missed adaptive cruise control (as its a MT). Overall thumbs up for ADAS.
#Build Quality- Will not go with thickness, weight, perceptions etc, but will wait for NCAP ratings.
#Turbo- All black interiors coupled with black exterior- nice heat soak recipe!
#Did not allow the wife to get within a feet from the steering wheel during entire 1100kms, so all observations are mine as a driver.

Last edited by xotiq : 16th August 2023 at 22:29.
xotiq is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 10:51   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Took delivery of my wife's Verna 1.5Turbo SX(O) MT last week. Abyss Black color. Came home, removed all ribbons/covers, and completed 1100+ kms drive Bangalore-Kochi-Bangalore, posting my observations.

#Engine is a highlight. Linear power delivery. Smooth.
#1st to 2nd gear transition- this was not smooth. Tried every position with the clutch literally to no avail.
#AC cooling was so so. Had set lowest temp, still felt cooling to be average. Outside temp was 34-35`C with high humidity.
#Display, Screens- Fluid, Responsive. OTA update works fine. Sound quality- just above average.
#Bluelink- Works fine, so does voice commands.
#Ground Clearance- Did not scrape anywhere (3 PAX + Luggage).
#Mileage- Extremely sensitive to throttle input/speed. Per MID- Got as high as 22.5km/L over 90.6kms in 1.32 hours enroute to BLR. Overall mileage for this 1100kms trip was 15km/L. MID numbers may be inflated, so 14km/L seems acceptable. Happy? Yes!
#NVH- good, but could do with better wheel well cladding. Boot lid insides- needs proper covering/coating.
#Ride quality- Coming from my daily driver, a 2021 Seltos diesel automatic, this felt better and supple.
#Head Lights- Strictly Average. This car needs better projectors. Cornering lights work great.
#Seat Comfort- Getting the right position took time, but once set was comfortable for the drive both ways.
#ADAS- Works fine, Was on throughout the journey except inside BLR and Kochi.
*Deactivated the forward collision warning as it can cause accidents rather than prevent them, especially with sudden braking leading to rear ending.
*Blind spot detection was helpful, worked well.
*Lane Keeping Assist works perfect.
*Driver Attention Warning was quite intrusive, and did not go away even after taking 30+ minute breaks.
*Missed adaptive cruise control (as its a MT). Overall thumbs up for ADAS.
#Build Quality- Will not go with thickness, weight, perceptions etc, but will wait for NCAP ratings.
#Turbo- All black interiors coupled with black exterior- nice heat soak recipe!
#Did not allow the wife to get within a feet from the steering wheel during entire 1100kms, so all observations are mine as a driver.
AC was never an issue for me even in 39 - 41 degree Celsius at Chennai. I always set the temperature to 24 with fan speed 1-2 and the cooling is great for me.

Black exterior with black interior is really annoying when you park the car under the sun for a while but pre-cooling does solve this for me. I set lowest temperature and run it for 5 minutes before I enter the car. It cools the cabin and then I set the temperature to 24 when I drive with fan speed 1-2.
V_Nyx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 12:49   #389
BHPian

One of my friends in our gated community had bought a Verna SX IVT in white colour a week ago and I had got a chance drive it next day after its purchase.

I must say that the engine is smooth and I felt that Hyundai has tuned the IVT transmission well though its early to comment about it since it was new. Also, the rear seat comfort and space felt similar to our City 4th gen.

Did anyone feel the same in terms of IVT transmission?

Also, since we are planning to replace our City Diesel next year, we are considering Verna as the replacement but confused whether I should get the IVT or DCT one. For our daily city usage, I feel IVT would suffice but I'm madly in love with 1.5 Turbo DCT, which I had driven after its launch. The only gripe with DCT is its issues and FE.

Also, what's the realistic mileage Verna IVT and DCT owners are getting?

Other options we are considering apart from Verna are Thar, Virtus, Seltos, Sonet and Venue. All in Automatic guise only.
Old 17th August 2023, 14:09   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Nyx View Post
AC was never an issue for me even in 39 - 41 degree Celsius at Chennai. I always set the temperature to 24 with fan speed 1-2 and the cooling is great for me.
In my experience so far, ac is never a problem for passengers at the front.
However, passengers seated at rear complain of it. I have my rear vents fully open and even tried adjusting the front vents to direct the air to the back of the car.

Have you ever got similar feedback from the passengers seated at the back?
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks