Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2023, 10:45   #361
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
or has Hyundai caught up and ready for a seat at the enthusiast table?
DISCLAIMER: I take the reviews & opinions with a pinch of salt. There's too much non-sense all over the social media. I try myself and draw my own conclusion.

I've owned a 2013 1.6 CRDI Verna for 6 happy years. It rode on TEIN full suspension (springs + dampers) kit and had a Stage 1 Code 6 remap. Based on my long TDs, I can conclusively say that the current gen Verna is miles ahead in the handling department and is a far more fun-to-drive car). It corners well, take curves with aplomb, has a fantastic steering, brakes without any kind of drama. The car offers everything practically expected from a commuter-level vehicle.

Last edited by kpkeerthi : 16th July 2023 at 10:58.
kpkeerthi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 11:35   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
DISCLAIMER: I take the reviews & opinions with a pinch of salt. There's too much non-sense all over the social media. I try myself and draw my own conclusion.
I second that. It was a totally different experience with new Verna when you actually drive the car and read most of the online reviews. Verna could corner better than my cars with lowering spings on same section .

Quote:
It corners well, take curves with aplomb, has a fantastic steering, brakes without any kind of drama. The car offers everything practically expected from a commuter-level vehicle.
Better tyres futher enhance the driving experience, I feel my car is fully sorted now when it comes to dynamics. However I am planning to get N line suspension once available.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 19:15   #363
BHPian

There is an update which is available now. Is this only for the map or is this the wireless carplay update for SX(O) variant?

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_3906.jpeg
Old 17th July 2023, 20:25   #364
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Nyx View Post
There is an update which is available now. Is this only for the map or is this the wireless carplay update for SX(O) variant?

Attachment 2477101
No, this is only for Maps. Hyundai Tucson, Ioniq, Verna, and Venue received the update on 10th July
aseem23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 15:04   #365
BHPian

Hey folks, I'm plannig to book my Verna SX(O) DCT in the next few days but I'm still not able to narrow down on the color. I'd love to get the clean Abyss black but the missus does't approve. So I'm confused between the Titan Grey (is it boring?) vs Tellurium Brown (looks weird in some angles) vs Fiery Red (Hot Rod Red is too bold for someone in 30s?).

Any suggestions/inputs from the fellow verna owners would be appreciated.

Also, for those who have done PPF coating right after delivery, which one would you recommend and how is it holding up so far? Is this a must to maintain the paint on the car for longer?
Old 19th July 2023, 15:48   #366
BHPian

Need advise / feedback.

For my wife, we had booked the new Verna SX (O) version in MT, Black. (Per dealer- can be delivered in 2 weeks time based on our booking).

After a few days, she test drove the Honda City ZX MT. From what I understand, she is fine with either car and has no specific preferences except that it has be a sedan! She liked the new Verna and its edgy design, and since its not a crime to fall in love again while already seeing someone, equally likes the Honda City.

Her usage is 90% within BLR city limits, and only wants MT and typically changes vehicle once in 7-8 years. For long trips/family, we have another vehicle.

I don't have any suggestions for her (safe option!) since I would have only gone with the automatic (either brand). Thankfully budget is not an issue, would like to hear what is the best choice..
Old 20th July 2023, 05:20   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh207 View Post
Hey folks, I'm plannig to book my Verna SX(O) DCT

Also, for those who have done PPF coating right after delivery, which one would you recommend and how is it holding up so far? Is this a must to maintain the paint on the car for longer?
Hi Vignesh, colour is an individual choice. I found grey and black to be nice in this Verna. I purchased a Abyss Black Verna.

Coming to PPF, I have Avery Dennison PPF on all my cars at home. I have got the same PPF installed on my new Verna too. Is it a must to maintain - if you can afford it, it offers peace of mind for sure, especially if you are one of those car owners who like it to be pristine for long time.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 06:54   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Vignesh, colour is an individual choice. I found grey and black to be nice in this Verna. I purchased a Abyss Black Verna.

Coming to PPF, I have Avery Dennison PPF on all my cars at home. I have got the same PPF installed on my new Verna too. Is it a must to maintain - if you can afford it, it offers peace of mind for sure, especially if you are one of those car owners who like it to be pristine for long time.
Thanks @getsurya, yeah, the darker shades do look great. I guess I'll mostly end up booking the grey. I saw your post on the Avery Dennison PPF, I'll DM you for more information on that.
vignesh207 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 09:58   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh207 View Post
Hey folks, I'm plannig to book my Verna SX(O) DCT in the next few days but I'm still not able to narrow down on the color. I'd love to get the clean Abyss black but the missus does't approve. So I'm confused between the Titan Grey (is it boring?) vs Tellurium Brown (looks weird in some angles) vs Fiery Red (Hot Rod Red is too bold for someone in 30s?).

I have a titan grey, i and my wife love it.

I already have a black creta in my house so i had to get some other dark shade, and this grey was a no brainer right after the first sight. For your reference sharing a few pics from my recent trips.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4452.jpeg
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-c67fbcacf4ef41f0a7173b4d7ad64833.jpeg
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4451.jpeg
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4449.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4450.jpeg
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_3855.jpeg
Right after the morning mist, looked stunning.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_3368.jpeg
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_3370.jpeg

The car looks stunning in person. But in the end colour is a personal preferance and tastes differ. Let us know which one you finally go with.

On the coating side, i have gotten it ceramic coated by ceramic pro, and i clean the car myself using CarPro products. I am trying to maintain it as much as possible, but i cant really stop the kids playing in my parking from touching it and sliding their hands over the dusty panels, so heres 🤞hoping a long life of the paint.
BudgetFailure is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 10:42   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetFailure View Post
I have a titan grey, i and my wife love it.

The car looks stunning in person. But in the end colour is a personal preferance and tastes differ. Let us know which one you finally go with.
The car does look stunning.

I visited Hyundai Motor Plaza in Chennai, which by far had most colors on display, and ended up booking the Fiery Red one, but from Kun Motors as that's closer to my home. Now the waiting period starts
vignesh207 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 12:28   #371
BHPian

I was able to inspect a SX(O) DCT version earlier yesterday eventually. Saw the black Verna. And I came to see this after seeing an Alcazar in the same showroom. I felt the black Verna interiors looked plain Jane relatively speaking, yet offering soothing optics. Absolutely no pretence. Interestingly, they managed to achieve such an exceptionally clean look while ensuring all modern age features were present in the car. A lot of it probably can be attributed to the single tone black interiors.
bhaskaracs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 20:08   #372
BHPian

Does anybody know how to turn off the Rear-Cross traffic alert (and the associated braking) on the Verna permanently?

I have to manually turn it off everytime when I start the car and it does not hold on to those settings at all. All the other ADAS functions stay on/off depending on what has been setup on that particular profile.
Old 29th July 2023, 12:45   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunds View Post

Now my queries:
1. Although we dont mind spending on turbo dct AT but due to risks of reliability we are preferring the NA. Is that a fair call as reliability is super important for us?
2. i am not sure how much ADAS would be useful in indian conditions.
3. My parents being 61 found the sitting position a lil low and I was wondering if it is worth changing alloys/tires to a slightly bigger ones to help raise the height of the car ?
4. Was wondering what shud Verna replace? We could either sell I10

This is because we have spent money on it recently and could utilise the paid cost. The only overhang is DSG failure whose repair can cost 40k-1L.
Or we could sell the skoda to decrease uncetainities in life and use grand i10 locally

Or something else?
Wait for the Honda Elevate CVT. It should solve 2 of your more important points

Being a Honda CVT it should be reliable solving 1st point

Since it’s a crossover it should solve the 3rd point of higher seating capacity.

ADAS is still a work in progress, especially in chaotic urban traffic. So ADAS or rather lack of it should hopefully not be an issue

Finally coming to point 4, retain the smaller and reliable i10 as your beater car.

Enjoy the skoda till you get the Elevate and cut short your losses

The only thing is that you will have to do without a Fun to Drive car
Old 30th July 2023, 17:39   #374
BHPian

Got our Verna delivery last week. Been following this thread for quite sometime and seeing many black, starry night and tellurium brown Verna here . I decided to go ahead with a color which would look different and while I checked for this color in different showrooms, I couldn't find any. Altough very few videos online, but me and my wife went with our decision to book a Typhoon Silver Verna in 1.5 Dct Turbo SX (O) model. Car looks quite sporty in this color.

Infact the sales representative also told me the color was rare and not many people book this color. This one's due for Ppf and I've gone for Garware ppf, will share the same when it's done.

Here are some photos of my car
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-pxl_20230722_052502758.night.jpg  

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-pxl_20230722_052413369.jpg  

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-pxl_20230722_051816590.jpg  

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-pxl_20230722_051745790.jpg  

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-pxl_20230722_051717227.jpg  

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-pxl_20230722_051838622.jpg  

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-pxl_20230722_051718940.jpg  

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-pxl_20230722_051636311.jpg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th August 2023 at 18:38. Reason: smiley per forum
ravimittal99 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 05:55   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimittal99 View Post
Got our Verna delivery last week. Been following this thread for quite sometime and seeing many black, starry night and tellurium brown Verna here 😊. I decided to go ahead with a color which would look different and while I checked for this color in different showrooms, I couldn't find any. Altough very few videos online, but me and my wife went with our decision to book a Typhoon Silver Verna in 1.5 Dct Turbo SX (O) model. Car looks quite sporty in this color.

Infact the sales representative also told me the color was rare and not many people book this color. This one's due for Ppf and I've gone for Garware ppf, will share the same when it's done.
A great choice indeed, the car looks stunning as well. Hope you have may great miles with it!
bijims is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks