Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2024, 08:34   #271

Re: Toyota Hilux Review

Thanks a ton Asterix. Will dig out the info. Although I think one cannot drive with the trifold cover open. should solve the problem to an extent. Also, Can someone suggest any place in Delhi/Gurgaon to get the job done? In the VFM range. Please DM if this is not allowed on the forum.
Old 22nd August 2024, 20:36   #272
BHPian

Hello all,

I'm planning to finalize a deal for the Hilux AT. We regularly do 2.5 hour trips with 4 people aboard.

How do you find the rear seat recline angle - compared to say the non-reclined, default position of Crysta's rear seat?

Any inputs will be super helpful. Thank you!

Last edited by vb-saan : 1st September 2024 at 15:00. Reason: typo
Old 22nd August 2024, 23:58   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
How do you find the rear seat recline angle - compared to say the non-reclined, default position of Crysta's rear seat?
Unless you buy it for the utility or the appeal, the Hilux is more of a compromise. So, carefully consider before going ahead.

The recline angle is definitely a bit more upright than what you're used to. My folks have gotten used to it, but the almost upright angle can be a bit uncomfortable during long distances. Maybe do a longer TD with your friends/family and take their opinions on the same.
HighOnSpeed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 05:11   #274
BHPian

Quote:
It is not great, but it is not a deal breaker either (at least for me). You could easily do long drives without too many complaints from rear-seat passengers.
jfk1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2024, 16:43   #275
BHPian

I recently got a chance to test drive my friend Hilux AT and what an experience it was:
Positives:
1. The Power and torque are just mad you can feel the car is much more capable and can go anywhere.
2. I tried the 4-wheel drive and HTrac on some deep mud slush and Hilux just pushed through everything with ease like a cakewalk, the Traction control system is always working in the background and sends traction to the right wheels.
3. The seating position is very commanding and gives you a lot of confidence on the road.
4. The composed feeling and excellent stability at any speed are just brilliant.
5. Overall build quality is excellent feels like it can last 20-30 years or more with ease with the right maintenance, truly feels built to last.
Negatives:
1. The engine felt very crude and unrefined and did not feel smooth as such.
2. Steering is super heavy it is the heaviest steering I have dealt with this is someone who drives Hycross, and Crysta regularly.

Coming to Hycross after Hilux is a world of difference, Hycross felt serene and very easy to drive compared to Hilux, but it cannot match the ruggedness and capability of Hilux, Hilux truly is a gem of a product and with discounts upwards of 15L it is a very good offer for anyone looking to utilise the Hilux and it’s capability at its fullest.
manofinfinity is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 1st September 2024, 14:30   #276
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I'm planning to finalize a deal for the Hilux AT. We regularly do 2.5 hour trips with 4 people aboard.

First and foremost Hilux is a pickup. It's a utility vehicle and not designed to be used as a passenger vehicle. Whatever the marketing departmentin india says, it is what it is. I have been using hilux pickups since 1997. These are very dependable vehicles with very high reliability and good mileage . Some of our pickups used to do 500 kilometers 5 days a week some days even 900. Comfort was never our consideration. Utility was. We used to change our hiluxes every 2years irrespective of mileage.

Last edited by vb-saan : 1st September 2024 at 15:00. Reason: Quote tags fixed
White bird is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 17:20   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringlawyer View Post
Who would have thought!!

Let me elaborate the title of my post a bit.

I drive the Thar Petrol Soft top AT. Been 1.5 Years and 18000 Kms. Absolutely love it.
Once again, Teambhp, I love you. I would definitely not have bought the machine I always dreamt of, but for the forum.
Well, who would have thought!
Congratulations buddy.
I am considering the same, but still I wonder if it has the qualities that my Pajero does (albeit in a different league).
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 22:24   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
Hilux truly is a gem of a product and with discounts upwards of 15L it is a very good offer for anyone looking to utilise the Hilux and it’s capability at its fullest.
I wish to own a Hilux although I don't really have a use case, except the overland tour which I am dreaming about. May I know which dealer is offering >15L discount?
Wheeloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2024, 07:37   #279
BHPian

Are any dealers in Delhi offering huge discounts on the Hilux?
Old 9th September 2024, 16:45   #280
BHPian

Hi All
Have anyone opted for a dashcam (front & Rear) for hilux? Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 17:00   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i View Post
Are any dealers in Delhi offering huge discounts on the Hilux?
There third party dealers in Delhi area having stocks of 2024 models as I spoke to one thru olx and if you can bargain and they feel you are a genuine. buyer i think you could get more discount

He was mentioning ex showroom 26 lac
ashi4877 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 23:28   #282
Senior - BHPian

Rated payload can be misleading . With 5 people Hilux carried about 1.5T off-road. It started raining and road got slippery, eventually the Hilux got stuck. Unloaded about 200KG and the truck came out of the steep slippery road like business as usual! Had to engage 4Lo and diff lock.

With the load the ride gets pretty good and 2.8L 200HP motor simply pulls like a locomotive. Bedliner provided by Toyota is of good quality, almost a year of rough use not a single damage and has taken the abuse quite well. If driven sedately motor can deliver decent FE too, on a highway at 80-90KM/Hr FE in MID hovers at around 14KMPL! Benefits of MT, wish the clutch was a bit on the lighter side to though.

Toyota Hilux Review-img_8635.jpeg

Toyota Hilux Review-img_8633.jpeg
PrideRed is online now   (30) Thanks
Old 20th September 2024, 23:28   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Rated payload can be misleading . With 5 people Hilux carried about 1.5T off-road. It started raining and road got slippery, eventually the Hilux got stuck. Unloaded about 200KG and the truck came out of the steep slippery road like business as usual! Had to engage 4Lo and diff lock.
So what made the difference? The 200kgs deficit got the traction working or gave the engine the grunt to pull itself out?
megazoid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2024, 05:32   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
So what made the difference? The 200kgs deficit got the traction working or gave the engine the grunt to pull itself out?
The truck was overloaded and the slippery road made it worse. 200KG deficit meant the engine had to pull lesser load , though there was not enough traction, truck made it.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2024, 07:23   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The truck was overloaded and the slippery road made it worse. 200KG deficit meant the engine had to pull lesser load , though there was not enough traction, truck made it.
Worth switching to off-road oriented tyres at the next change?
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks