Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2023, 13:19   #361

Re: Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review

Got a call from dealer last week that my vehicle is allocated. I went to yard today and did PDI. My initial promised date was July however getting it early. My vehicle is invoiced with price protection so will be paying the launch price.

There were around 4 RWD Thars in the yard along with 10+ 4x4s. Seems Mahindra has added an RWD badge on the right side from 18th May manufacturing date. Unlike the chrome finish 4x4 emblem, this one is of a brushed aluminum finish made of a plastic material which looks slightly ugly.

Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-thar_rwd.jpg

Hoping to get my delivery shorty 😊
Ragu_Durai is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 14:34   #362

Congratulations on getting it earlier than expected, still waiting for mine, booked it on 14 Jan. Please post more pics of the badge, to be honest it does look kind of shabby.
Old 3rd June 2023, 18:44   #363

Hi Folks - I am in a bit of fix and have a couple of queries.

I paid the booking amount to my dealer (Harbir Automobiles, Chandigarh) on 10th Jan. They provided me with a payment receipt for the same. However, the SA or dealer did not punch in my booking in the system and my vehicle was booked on 11th Jan.

The tentative date for the vehicle delivery is June. However, the vehicle is not invoiced yet.

I have been following up with the SA and also wrote multiple emails to the M&M customer care, GM Sales and the dealership. I only received one generic response from them.

1. Have people who booked on the 10th Jan or after that started receiving their vehicles? Are there any fellow BHPians from Chandigarh, who have received their vehicles?

2. Is there any further recourse I can take to make the dealership accountable for their fault or to get my vehicle delivered?
Old 3rd June 2023, 19:54   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragu_Durai View Post
Got a call from dealer last week that my vehicle is allocated. I went to yard today and did PDI. My initial promised date was July however getting it early. My vehicle is invoiced with price protection so will be paying the launch price.

Hoping to get my delivery shorty 😊
Congratulations. The badge does look tacky. CAI automobiles is your dealer, I think. Glad you got price protection. The difference is huge otherwise.
Cheers
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 22:51   #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by mornian View Post
Hi Folks - I am in a bit of fix and have a couple of queries.

I paid the booking amount to my dealer (Harbir Automobiles, Chandigarh) on 10th

2. Is there any further recourse I can take to make the dealership accountable for their fault or to get my vehicle delivered?
Dear brother from Morni Hills, I am from Chandigarh and had booked online on 9th Jan and I got White RWD in April.
Below are my suggestions:
1. First mail to Mahindra Customer Care the booking amount reciept from Harbir Auto and confirm the price protection on mail (also from Dealer).
2. You can't do anything about the delay in punching of your order by the dealer. So no point fighting with them.Don't cancel the booking in a fit of rage. Your booking might have price protection. If you raise it with Mahindra Customer care they may consider if it is currently not under it.
3. Kindly ask for Mr. Ranjit at Harbir. He is very helpful and will give you the tentative month of delivery. He is generally accurate as he has the schedule of the dispatches for the next 2-3 months.
4. I drive the XUV700 in Chandigarh and have sent the Thar to Mumbai. I miss it so much as driving a Thar in Chandigarh has such 'Tora'. Punjabis know what I mean. XUV is just a car. Can never be a Thar.
Not just guys, but I see a lot of women driving the Thar in Chandigarh as their daily ride. Both men and women generally drive them in Salwar Kameez, Black Goggles, with the steering laden with dhai kilo ka haath.

Bhai waiting period mein body shodi banaa ke rakh lo.

Cheers!
jumper_ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 02:46   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by mornian View Post
1. Have people who booked on the 10th Jan or after that started receiving their vehicles? Are there any fellow BHPians from Chandigarh, who have received their vehicles?

Yes, many people who booked after 10th received their vehicle but allocations depend on color choice and location. Black generally has a longer queue and allocations are happening at a dealer level and not a central queue. Big dealers get more vehicles than smaller ones. As far as I know, price protection is applicable for all bookings done until 12th of Jan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
Congratulations. The badge does look tacky. CAI automobiles is your dealer, I think. Glad you got price protection. The difference is huge otherwise.
Cheers
Yes, CAI it is. They confirmed me of price protection during last week of Jan itself so was little bit relaxed about delivery dates. I've asked them to remove this badge before delivery
Ragu_Durai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 15:38   #367

After multiple escalations over mail with customer care and holding dealer responsible for 4 month commitment, Mahindra finally allotted me a car which was delivered to me last Friday (26th May).

First Impressions: Sitting in Thar gives you a majestic feel, as if you are the king on the roads.Taking a day off from work, finished PDI in the morning, approved accessories that were to be added by the Dealer and took the delivery the same evening. Immediately named it Kazuma

Some Pics below from Delivery:Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-whatsapp-image-20230526-22.00.03.jpeg

Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-whatsapp-image-20230527-10.00.21.jpeg

The very next day, I got my additional accessories installed from Minister Road, Hyderabad from Car Sonics which included Armrests, UFO lights, and ambience lights made for Thar. Now one may wonder why the ambiance lights? Simple reason that the interiors are pitch black and the body is white, my wife was struggling to look for buttons to lower the windows, footwell, too needed some light in.

Took Kazuma for a 100 KM drive to Yadagirigutta on Sunday and on my way back, the instrument cluster showed E21 error, with just 500 KM on the ODO. Dropped the vehicle at SC the very next morning, the technician said that the DPF tank is leaking and the DPF pump has stopped working.

Again, had to escalate at all possible touchpoints and the Mahindra team immediately shipped the DPF Tank by Air. Kazuma sat at the SC for 4 days and it was heartbreaking.
On Saturday, just when I was about to go to the SC and sit on the teams head, they called that they have replaced the tank and I can pick it up from the SC. Now look at Kazuma, back home in all its glory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 20230526 at 22.00.03.jpeg
Views:	123
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	2459481
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-whatsapp-image-20230603-19.33.30.jpeg  

shank_revzilla is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 15:49   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank_revzilla View Post
After multiple escalations over mail with customer care and holding dealer responsible for 4 month commitment, Mahindra finally allotted me a car which was delivered to me last Friday (26th May).
]
Congratulations! It really looks fantastic in white!
Happy Motoring with Many Safe Miles ahead!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 18:33   #369
BHPian

Congratulations! The white color looks awesome! I was initially little confused with this color. Looks fantastic!!
Old 5th June 2023, 18:43   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
Congratulations! The white color looks awesome! I was initially little confused with this color. Looks fantastic!!
I too initially thought that this is going to be a plain white color but its metallic which makes it more appealing and look larger on the roads
shank_revzilla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 18:53   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank_revzilla View Post
I too initially thought that this is going to be a plain white color but its metallic which makes it more appealing and look larger on the roads
I took some pics of the white thar in broad daylight. It really looks superb.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-img_0463.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-img_0464.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-img_0462.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-img_0461.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-img_0459.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-img_0460.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 19:29   #372
BHPian

Congratulations on your white Thar, looks like a police Jeep with those roof mounted lights.

Enjoy your ride.
Old 5th June 2023, 20:45   #373
BHPian

I've done 7,000 km in the last 4 months.

Drove from Agra to Delhi and back.

For the first time, I floored the Thar as I now have confidence in it and once you are comfortable with the handling, you can push it. Without disclosing numbers, I was as quick as I was in my Duster.

On the way back, I engaged Cruise Control at 80 km/h and drove around 200 km with an on-board mileage of 22.4 km/l at the end of Delhi - Agra trip including about 30 minutes of city driving.

These are the best figures I have achieved. While driving at 80 km/h in a Duster is boring and you have to speed up, in the Thar with the wobbly ride, it feels like 100 km/h!

I overtook everything and I mean everything including Germans and our notorious Fortuners on the Agra - Delhi leg, while everyone overtook me on the return leg including sarkari buses , Tempo Travellers and Maruti Eecos as I was hell-bent on testing the efficiency.

On the Agra - Delhi leg, I used a full tank of fuel. On the Delhi - Agra leg, probably 10 litres as only a quarter tank was consumed (that included Noida - Dwarka - Noida on a full tank and 30 minutes of idling with A/C on as we had to wait).

These are not figures by the tankful-to-tankful method. These figures are only to get an idea.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th June 2023 at 05:57. Reason: Grammar, pun ctuation, etc
Urorobo is online now   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 14th June 2023, 01:27   #374
BHPian

Hello Everyone, After 5 months of waiting time, Thar has been allotted to my booking. I've finished PDI last weekend(It was manufactured in May 2023) and expecting delivery next week. Mahindra Portal is also updated with the current status as 'Vehicle Invoiced'.

Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-thartrackerlatest.png

I've requested the Dealer to add Rear view camera and Second Key remote fob as accessories during the delivery time. I'm also planning to install following accessories post delivery.

1. Proman Door hinges
2. Proman grab handles
3. Pharoah 3d floor mats
4. Sony xs aw8 under seat sub woofer.
5. A good Dashcam with rear camera
6. Bimbra Model M bumper (I will proceed, based on the advise from fellow members)
7. Hardtop to Convertible, if the solution is available and well tested. However, I've seen few Bhpians converted their Thars other way but not from Hardtop to Convertible.

As my usage is mostly in City, I would like to hold on Lighting and Suspension upgrade before taking decision.

However, I need advise from fellow Forum members on how safe is to install an after market bumper(especially Model M) on a City driven vehicle? I'm little concerned on the 2 steel plates poking out of bumper. Also, I do not like to be stopped by Police frequently just because of these mods. Please advise.

Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review-bumpermodelm5.jpg
snallagatla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 04:42   #375
BHPian

Congratulations on the Thar. The black looks phenomenal. I am not sure whether the city Police are going to be very happy with your modified bumper. If it is city use only, I think you can avoid it.
Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks