Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2023, 22:51   #1441
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
Refer to this video https://Youtu.be/3q-e9LbgpFI
Hey gladiatort1000, any way to constantly have Auto-Hold engaged, like, even after 2-3 ignition off and on cycles?
I have to press the Hold button every time I switch the car off and on.
I know first world problem, but was curious.
Old 14th April 2023, 23:30   #1442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Hey gladiatort1000, any way to constantly have Auto-Hold engaged, like, even after 2-3 ignition off and on cycles?
I have to press the Hold button every time I switch the car off and on.
I know first world problem, but was curious.
No AFAIK. I press hold button after I turn-on ignition or atleast when I encounter first traffic light. It has become a habit now.
gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 08:39   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post

- Wireless apple CarPlay suddenly stopped working and disconnected. The airplay icon on the music screen appeared greyed out.
- Driver dashboard showed ‘Traction battery needs to be protected’ while the car was in neutral for some time. As I did not have the app, I couldn’t check the manual on what this meant. On google it says we should not keep the hybrid car in neutral as it drains the traction battery (hybrid battery).
I also faced a similar issue as first one. Had a 400 I’m drive, after about 3-4 hours of drive the infortainment system post responding, it stopped playing songs from USB and USB dongle felt reasonably warm. I could navigate between screens though, but not able to play from any source or use navigation etc. it worked for a short while after a short break we took, but demonstrated the same behaviour after sometime. It worked fine when we started the return journey the next day but we did not use it much because of unrelated reasons. Waiting for the next long drive to see if the issue still persists

I also faced issue with one of the 360 degree cameras not working. It took couple of days for Toyota to identify it as a problem and collect logs, was replaced under warranty.

Off late I am seeing the reminder for item kept on back seat getting triggered even though the setting is off, need to report it.
Old 15th April 2023, 13:52   #1444
BHPian

Are the side steps for HyCross now available as an official accessory? If so, does anyone have an idea if in Bangalore they are available with either Ravindu or Nandi?

I want to get them installed and they are available outside at FNG. Was given a quote of 13.5k.

Any inputs would be appreciated. Thank you!
Old 15th April 2023, 14:17   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Are the side steps for HyCross now available as an official accessory? If so, does anyone have an idea if in Bangalore they are available with either Ravindu or Nandi?

I want to get them installed and they are available outside at FNG. Was given a quote of 13.5k.

Any inputs would be appreciated. Thank you!
Still no official side step accessory for Hycross (surprisingly, Hyryder gets one ).
I was given quote of 12.5k for a M-Tek one.
So, maybe you can negotiate.

Last edited by turbospooler : 15th April 2023 at 14:17. Reason: Spelling mistakes
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 17:14   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Hi Folks

A colleague wanted help with choosing GX vs VX and following where the constraints/details. He is currently driving a wagonR and wants to move to a 7 seater version. He has booked both XUV700 as well as Hycross.

1. It is a company lease and hence the upper cap is 25 lakhs on road. VX on road is around 30 Lakhs.
2. If the employee still wants to go for VX then he has to share 50% of registration cost and first year insurance from his pocket.
3. GX on the other hand fits nicely within 25 L.

Finally after checking all aspects he decided to change his booking from VX to GX.

Regards
Dev
I have received an update from my colleague regarding the petrol Innova. We had speculated that its fuel efficiency would be better than other turbo petrols like Tiguan, which typically have a mileage of around 6-7 kilometers per liter. Based on this assumption, my colleague went ahead and purchased the GX variant.

Yesterday he informed me about his fuel efficiency results. In the city, he is getting 10-11 kilometers per liter, while on the highway (Chennai to Ramnad), he is getting 14.1 kilometers per liter. He is very happy and satisfied with his purchase of the GX Hycross variant, which is the most value-for-money option. However, I hope that Toyota will introduce VX and VX(O) variants in petrol-only (non-hybrid) models, as they could potentially sell well.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-whatsapp-image-20230415-9.35.29-am.jpeg

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 03:40   #1447
BHPian

I had recently visit Lanson Toyota in Chennai, This was my first time stepping into a toyota showroom, This branch was particularly well maintained. The sales representative was not too pushy on the accessories and other stuff but insisted that i go with the toyota insurance, I have below below information for any prospective buyers,

1. Waiting period - For Petrol G & GX variants, it is 2 to 6 months based on the colour that we select, For hybrid it is a solid 24 + months. The major reason the SR gave me was that toyota is facing a production crunch due to various reasons. The initial 300 vehicles that were booked are expected to be delivered by earliest January 2024.

2. Colour - I particularly liked the new shade of blueish green as i would like to call it. But I feel its all dull colours in the Innova or maybe that is what the innova customers expect.I might go for the Pearl white, which is 15K pricier than other colours.
Old 17th April 2023, 10:17   #1448
BHPian

A short write-up about my experience on my weekend trip to Solapur from Pune (around 250-260 kms one way). We were 3 people and some light luggage.

Driving Impressions:
i) I feel the suspension tuning of the front is not really VERY comfortable (but comfortable, nonetheless) and potholes, undulations of road percolate inside with some drama (not a big deal, but still, it is noticeable).
ii) I am 5'8" and I feel the lumbar support is missing in the driver seat. I need to carry a pillow for the same now. On the issue of left leg rubbing the center console silver trim, I noticed it initially, but it didn't become a source of discomfort.
iii) The car pulls away with ease, overtakes with ease and is easily steerable. It is effortless to drive. It gets noisy when you want to overtake, but nothing which will make you scream if you want to talk to your passengers.
iv) The AC is really perfect in quickly cooling down the front cabin. I didn't have to change any setting except maintain at 24 degrees with fan speed of 2 or 3.
v) Broken patches of road, off-road are all easily conquered without bottoming out.

Passenger Impressions - I spent some time in the middle row too and these are the impressions:
i) The suspension tuning is much better in the back and you don't feel anything which you would've felt in the front. This is despite only me being in the middle row and the last row folded down with some luggage.
ii) The AC vents are not air tight, hence, you would feel the draft hitting on your head even when you have closed the vents. Not ideal.
iii) I only miss the single touch tumble down seats when my extended family had to hop in and out of the car. Plus, the middle seat doesn't fold flat which could've liberated space for a bed (in future travels, not missed right now).

Overall, the car returned a mileage of 17.8 kmpl in my 1st tankful since delivery. Crossed 1000 kms mark on return. I had filled up HP Power petrol in Pune on delivery date and topped up with some standard petrol and then filled up with HP Power in Solapur.
turbospooler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 13:37   #1449
BHPian

I had made a pre-booking for Innova Hycross in Nov 2022 and canceled it in Mar 2023 due to the long waiting period and the lack of a suitable variant. However, the dealership - Viva Toyota, Bengaluru - refunded only INR 49,026 to me as against INR 50,000 paid. They claim that they received only that much from Toyota and that has been refunded. I have called up Toyota Experience Center, logged a complaint, and waiting for the callback. Meanwhile, I want to check here in the forum if anyone had issues in receiving the full refund after pre-booking cancellation.
Old 17th April 2023, 14:23   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsWagen View Post
Meanwhile, I want to check here in the forum if anyone had issues in receiving the full refund after pre-booking cancellation.
I have received full refund of Rs. 50,000 from Ravindu Toyota recently for my booking cancellation.
yosbert is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 14:45   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsWagen View Post
They claim that they received only that much from Toyota and that has been refunded.
Was this an online booking or directly at dealership? In the online booking terms and conditions I faintly remember a mention of online transaction gateway fees not being refundable.
LobsterB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 20:03   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Was this an online booking or directly at dealership? In the online booking terms and conditions I faintly remember a mention of online transaction gateway fees not being refundable.
It was an online booking. So maybe it's that online transaction gateway fee that is not being refunded. I will wait for confirmation and also check on the T&C. IN the past, I had got a full refund for the pre-booking from Toyota, for the Hyryder.
Old 17th April 2023, 20:30   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Are the side steps for HyCross now available as an official accessory?
Are side steps really needed? Ingress egress comfort is difficult to judge in limited showroom experience. Experience during day to day ownership is the best judge.
BlueJay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 20:58   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Are side steps really needed? Ingress egress comfort is difficult to judge in limited showroom experience. Experience during day to day ownership is the best judge.
On a personal note - yes, side steps would be required. My mother is finding it (very) difficult to ingress (despite the handle being there). Slightly better in egress.

Maybe it is her specific case, but reason enough for me to look for side steps.

On an overall basis, for kids and healthy adults, should not be a problem.

Last edited by MarutiGuy1977 : 17th April 2023 at 21:06.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 00:31   #1455
BHPian

Wanted to check with the experts if a vinyl wrap of the hycross roof for a dual tone finish void the warranty on paint by the manufacturer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks