Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2023, 01:04   #1411
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
Which dealership is this ? Are you getting insurance on your own or through dealership ? Also getting "Essential TGA Kit" too ?
Grand Toyota, Meerut. Will take insurance on my own if dealer do not match the quote. No essential kit.
superbhikari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 01:18   #1412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Grand Toyota, Meerut. Will take insurance on my own if dealer do not match the quote. No essential kit.
I would suggest you to get that in writing too as there was a post on hyryder thread where nexa showroom didnt agree to let these go off on delivery date and customer had to cancel taking delivery.

I had visited this very showroom 3 weeks ago and the sales person was not very keen on allowing both of these. He indirectly said to try at some other dealership.

I asked him for a test drive to which he sheepishly replied - why block money on a test drive vehicle when you have a backlog of bookings.

In contrast he was willing to let go insurance & TGA kit for Crysta being sold.
Old 9th April 2023, 11:28   #1413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaro View Post
Go with tata, even samit's case is resolved with another dealership. Save money when you can
When you are spending 30L+, wouldn’t you rather spend a few thousands more on insurance so you can have complete peace of mind? I definitely wouldn’t want to be given the run around after my beloved car gets into an accident.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 11:57   #1414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
When you are spending 30L+, wouldn’t you rather spend a few thousands more on insurance so you can have complete peace of mind? I definitely wouldn’t want to be given the run around after my beloved car gets into an accident.
This used to be my thought process when I took the Toyota insurance. But the way they made me run around to claim the insurance for alloy wheel damage, i figured out that Toyota is just an additional broker added in between the insurer and you which shares the commission. So, for my next renewal, i saved around 10k by renewing from the same insurer ( so that they have cashless tie up with Toyota dealerships across the country ) but avoided the commission taken by Toyota. And even the IDV was higher than what Toyota directly offered me.

PS: insurer is SBI general and i used their online renewal service since there's no broker in between to share the commission with. My car is the Innova crysta touring sport diesel automatic ( 2018 registration )
amalji is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 12:15   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
This is all just a scam, dealers claiming their respective companies offering peace of mind insurance for hassle free claim experience at the time of buying the policy.

Once you have purchased the same from dealer and a claim arises afterwards they would straight away tell you everything depends on surveyor and they cant do any thing, its not in their hands. Have faced similar issue in past with Honda City and
Since then never bothered to take up dealer's insurance. I Just make sure the insurance im taking is cashless at nearby workshop.

Purchasing Insurance from dealer makes no sense unless until they match cheapest agents quote or even better it.
Wizaro is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 18:43   #1416
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
But the way they made me run around to claim the insurance for alloy wheel damage, i figured out that Toyota is just an additional broker added in between the insurer and you which shares the commission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaro View Post
This is all just a scam, dealers claiming their respective companies offering peace of mind insurance for hassle free claim experience at the time of buying the policy.

Once you have purchased the same from dealer and a claim arises afterwards they would straight away tell you everything depends on surveyor and they cant do any thing, its not in their hands.
I absolutely agree with Amalji & Wizaro. I had faced a similar incident in October last year. Though had taken insurance from the same Hyundai service centre, they were least helpful in getting the claim approved. It took 2 months and 50% payment from my end to get my car back.

Main issue was bumper broke into 2 at night on a remote highway didnt bother to carry the broken part, so surveyor (HDFC Ergo) was not agreeing to pass the claim as the broken part was missing. Even asked me to take him to the accident spot to find the broken piece.

When it comes to claiming insurance the very sales/service person that sells it to you becomes an alien as if they have never seen you.

Conclusion - If you are getting a better deal from a renowned company take it without giving a second thought.
CA Dhruv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 13:47   #1417
BHPian

Took delivery of my white VX yesterday. It was smooth. Did not take much time. I had selected accessories a day before. It was all ready when we reached. Only delay was caused as there was one family with some auspicious time to take delivery who took one hour in that. Mine got done in 15-20 min.
Old 11th April 2023, 13:27   #1418
BANNED

Can anyone give an Idea about cost of replacing the batteries of the hybrid hycross? Also whether it cheaper to run overall in long term (2lakh +kms) including the cost for replacing the batteries of hybrid. Also can it run on Ethanol blended fuel according to bs6 2 update? If I want to keep it for 10+ years will non ethanol blended petrol available?
Old 11th April 2023, 15:31   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby537 View Post
Can anyone give an Idea about cost of replacing the batteries of the hybrid hycross? Also whether it cheaper to run overall in long term (2lakh +kms) including the cost for replacing the batteries of hybrid. Also can it run on Ethanol blended fuel according to bs6 2 update? If I want to keep it for 10+ years will non ethanol blended petrol available?
The battery is covered with a 8 year warranty. Not sure if there is kms limit. E20 fuel compatibility is not confirmed, but there is chatter that cars produced after April will be compatible.
Old 11th April 2023, 16:49   #1420
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
The battery is covered with a 8 year warranty. Not sure if there is kms limit. E20 fuel compatibility is not confirmed, but there is chatter that cars produced after April will be compatible.
I asked the dealer about the price of battery pack and they said ill need to change battery after 160000kms and it will cost upwards of 4lakh rs and there is currently no information about bs6 stage 2 update which means they won't be updated soon. So it seems that it will be a costly affair to keep the car for long term and it will be difficult to find non ethanol petrol in future.
Old 11th April 2023, 19:41   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
So it seems that it will be a costly affair to keep the car for long term and it will be difficult to find non ethanol petrol in future.
I just checked, the battery is covered for 8 years or 160000 kms. This doesn’t mean that you have to change it at 160000. The very fact that they cover it for that much means it will last much longer, and they are covering an unfortunate bad one.

Last edited by ashwinikalantri : 11th April 2023 at 20:04. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 11th April 2023, 20:11   #1422
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone share fine print terms and conditions on this 8y/1.6L km battery warranty? What would be criteria for them to accept it as a failure, and will they replace it with a new one or would it be pro-rated like normal batteries (which may not much cost effective at all, in my opinion)?
Old 11th April 2023, 21:09   #1423
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
I just checked, the battery is covered for 8 years or 160000 kms. This doesn’t mean that you have to change it at 160000. The very fact that they cover it for that much means it will last much longer, and they are covering an unfortunate bad one.
After 160000 the batteries needs replacement and the cost of replacing is 4lakh rupees which will bring the overall cost of ownership to a big high. So in comparison with the diesel crysta it will be more expensive in long term beyond 160000 kms.
Old 11th April 2023, 21:18   #1424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After 160000 the batteries needs replacement and the cost of replacing is 4lakh rupees which will bring the overall cost of ownership to a big high. So in comparison with the diesel crysta it will be more expensive in long term beyond 160000 kms.
There are a few additional points to be considered here.
  • 8 years, 1.6 lakhs kms warranty doesn't necessarily mean that you are forced to replace the battery straight after 8 years. The durability depends on how we maintain the air filters in the battery compartment and how much we force the EV only mode. Best practice is to never use the EV only mode and stick to the hybrid mode always.
  • Even in the worst case if the battery fails on the first day after 8 years, you can still opt to run it as a pure petrol car without any additional investment. The additional investment is for the next 8 years of fuel savings only if you need it.
amalji is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 22:01   #1425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I asked the dealer about the price of battery pack and they said ill need to change battery after 160000kms and it will cost upwards of 4lakh rs
The cost of the replacement battery is 2 Lakhs and not 4 Lakhs, had shared the same in an earlier post https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5469766 (Toyota Innova Hycross Review)
CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks