Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2023, 18:25   #1036
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaro View Post
As expected, Toyota India has silently increased the prices by 75k across Hycross Models.

This is such a shit move. They haven't been able to deliver even 10k vehicles and have already hiked the prices through the roof.
While the price escalation was inevitable, this screenshot does comfirm the launch of the new VXO variant! That is good move that Toyota did to offer VXO with 6 airbags. Here are VXO specs from Toyota site

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_2023030118275587_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Last edited by Behemoth : 1st March 2023 at 18:29.
Behemoth is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 18:27   #1037
Distinguished - BHPian

It seems to be common feedback Toyota dealers here in Delhi NCR are all being totally unprofessional. Zero communication, no commitment, no test drive cars, unreasonable demands. At the same time, deliveries are happening every day. But only if you have the right connections or you have agreed to pay the premium. Clearly, Toyota has zero control over how their dealers conduct themselves. These people are behaving worse than Mahindra dealerships, and there is no Anand Mahindra to tweet to either.

This price hike is completely unjustified. There are so many people like me who had booked on Day 1 and are yet to see their cars, and prices have already increased.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 1st March 2023 at 18:29.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 18:35   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
While the price escalation was inevitable, this screenshot does comfirm the launch of the new VXO variant! That is good move that Toyota did to offer VXO with 6 airbags (need to check full though on what else it offers).
Do any others have confirmed info on rhe VXO additional features?
Quick check showed

6 airbags
Panaromic sunroof
LED foglamps &
10.1inch screen
Old 1st March 2023, 19:29   #1039
BHPian

I was expecting price hike from April 1st. Just confirmed with my SA about price hike.

My Hycross VX got billed already with old price and I am taking delivery this week. I can feel for those who are yet to get the delivery and who had booked prior to launch day.

Last year Kia Carens too had similar price hike (₹70k for D1.5AT) after few weeks of sale in Mar'22. Then in Nov'22 they hiked it again and then I cancelled my booking with them and booked Hycross prior to launch day.
jthomas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 20:08   #1040
BHPian

Just got the refund post cancellation & confirmation of the VX(O) variant being launched at the same time a short while back.

Quite ironic, especially given that the few things we weren't willing to compromise on, stand addressed with the VX(O) variant.

Expect a lot of people sitting on the fence to now join the already never ending queues

Although, in hindsight, no regrets
amit_2025 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 20:21   #1041
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
While the price escalation was inevitable, this screenshot does comfirm the launch of the new VXO variant! That is good move that Toyota did to offer VXO with 6 airbags. Here are VXO specs from Toyota site
I am just wondering how have they implemented the panoramic sunroof with the middle passenger seatbelt positioned on the roof with the bench seats for the 8 seater version!

If this is possible, why can’t they just offer the bench on the ZX variant?!

Although, my pick of the range now is this new VX(O) variant, 8 seats with 6 airbags was exactly what I was looking for, Toyota India launched it much earlier than anticipated!!
CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 20:58   #1042
BHPian

For someone that doesnt want ADAS features, the VX (O) certainly looks like a good choice with its bench seat option, 6 airbags, sunroof and the added practicality with the 17 inch 60 profile tyres (ensuring better comfy ride quality)

Only practical feature missing may be the ventilated seats !

The price hike is something many car manufacturers have effected in the last few weeks - so can't criticize Toyota alone. I absolutely deplore the practice of many manufacturers incl Kia that launch at a price, deliver very few initially and then raise prices (sometimes multiple times in a year)

Toyota - if you care to listen, you need to seriously do something about the complete lack of transparency about delivery status. Really have left it to dealers who have their own 'methods' of allocation. This is an age where you have minute by minute real-time tracking of delivery status for an INR 100 food delivery order - but no clue in hell about what's happening to your INR 35 lac car booking. Not done !

Last edited by RoadTiger : 1st March 2023 at 21:02.
RoadTiger is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 22:44   #1043
BHPian

Very bad experience here as well. Booked with Espirit Toyota and my car was suppose to be delivered feb. Feb is gone and now I have to live with price hike.
Old 1st March 2023, 23:14   #1044

Can any of the owners please confirm about the E20(ethanol) fuel compatibility of the Hycross. Details about recommended fuel is available in the Owners Manual on the Toyota i-connect app. Which can only be accessed after entering vehicle’s VIN no. Thanks in advance.
Old 1st March 2023, 23:48   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
Very bad experience here as well. Booked with Espirit Toyota and my car was suppose to be delivered feb. Feb is gone and now I have to live with price hike.
When did you booked yours?
Old 1st March 2023, 23:55   #1046
BHPian

I was lucky to take delivery of my new Hycross VX 7 seater today from Thirty Six Toyota today. I wanted a car without sunroof specially and God, what a timing!! From tomorrow this car is 1 lakh costlier !
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img20230301163823.jpg  

Paritoshkalra is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 00:35   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
I was expecting price hike from April 1st. Just confirmed with my SA about price hike.

My Hycross VX got billed already with old price and I am taking delivery this week. I can feel for those who are yet to get the delivery and who had booked prior to launch day.

Last year Kia Carens too had similar price hike (₹70k for D1.5AT) after few weeks of sale in Mar'22. Then in Nov'22 they hiked it again and then I cancelled my booking with them and booked Hycross prior to launch day.
HYCROSS is PURE GOLD. Its price will keep on increasing throughout the year. I took delivery today and I am super happy to have rejected Safari and XUV 700 to buy this car !
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 00:38   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grepvel View Post
The black market pricing was given to me by another dealership in Gurgaon. They are willing to delivery ZX and VX by the end of this week. Might have paid the premium if ZXO was in question but I don't want to compromise on ADAS for just 70k and the VX variant is not to my liking.
Thanks for not giving into the temptations and pay higher.

As long as there will be demand for black cars, there will be supply. It works both ways.

And thanks for unwittingly awakening the 22 year old rebel me in the bod of a 48 year old, it feels good.
BlueJay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 00:54   #1049
Senior - BHPian

I am completely pissed off. I booked on the first day itself and still haven’t even received an estimated delivery date, much less the car. And now I’m being asked to shell out more money than what was advertised. How is this not false advertising? Why is there no price protection.
Cresterk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 06:25   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaro View Post
When did you booked yours?
Much before launch on 25th Nov 2022
samitjain is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks