Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2023, 23:00   #541
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Just in case anyone wants a closer look at the GX variant walk around. Here is a video by a YouTuber Gagan Choudhary.
Here is a link of the same :
TURBO28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 11:32   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokJain View Post
Visited the Auto Expo and experienced the Hycross first hand.

With a heavy heart called up SA to cancel my booking. Family not willing to spend near 35L for this level of interiors.
Which variant did you see at the Auto Expo? I am also in the same boat, as interiors don't look premium enough for the price tag. Not sure, if this a step down from existing Crysta as well.

Family now first wants to see the car before it can be finalized, but this is not yet on display in any showroom in NCR?

If not Hycross, do you have an alternate choice? I am still struggling for a suitable substitute. Thanks!
Old 18th January 2023, 19:38   #543
BHPian

I had booked Hycross in both Lanson and Harsha dealers in Chennai but after seeing the car in person I cancelled both the bookings. I couldn't fathom the interiors and felt it will not solve the issue of comfortable long-drives with these kind of 2nd row seats offered by Toyota in the Hycross. I went with Carnival even though it cost me 8 lakhs more but I got great 2nd row seats, comfortable 3rd row seats and fantastic boot space for all 6 members to carry their luggage to the fullest.

On a site note, it was an ordeal to get my refund back from Lanson, while it was a breeze with Harsha.
gopalnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 20:16   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
I had booked Hycross in both Lanson and Harsha dealers in Chennai but after seeing the car in person I cancelled both the bookings. I couldn't fathom the interiors and felt it will not solve the issue of comfortable long-drives with these kind of 2nd row seats offered by Toyota in the Hycross. I went with Carnival even though it cost me 8 lakhs more but I got great 2nd row seats, comfortable 3rd row seats and fantastic boot space for all 6 members to carry their luggage to the fullest.

On a site note, it was an ordeal to get my refund back from Lanson, while it was a breeze with Harsha.
Is the car on display in Chennai currently. I checked with Lanson (Pallikarnai) and they were saying display vehicle will be available only by month-end.
Old 18th January 2023, 22:51   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
Is the car on display in Chennai currently.
Jithin,

Refer this post. Gopal saw Hycross on 13th December when it was on preview tour. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5456586 (Toyota Innova Hycross Review)

You can glance through Gopals posts to get an idea of where he comes from and understand the carnival angle. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/gopalnt.html

I read the posts by Gopal and i think we are in the same boat. Honda city user with a bit of Crysta background trying to find something in 40 lakhs and grossly disappointed with all options :-) I feel the 40 lakh crowd is the most disappointed right now. At this rate we have to start a counselling thread for people not finding peace with right car at right price :-)

THE IF ONLYS IN MY SHORT LIST
---------------------------------
If Harrier had electric steering
If Carnival KA4 is available at Hycross prices
If Hycross has bench in ZX or 6 airbags in VX
If Hycross had the diesel engine
If Tiguan was priced sensibly
If GLA was priced sensibly
If Honda CRV was still available
If preowned market goes back to pre-corona days
If Electric cars offer chennai to nagercoil range
If BMW and Benz continued their pre corona discounts
If BMW 330i is not stopped and also available in that blue color

Regards
Dev

Last edited by Aditya : 19th January 2023 at 19:02. Reason: As requested
irdevanand is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 09:38   #546

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Jithin,

Refer this post. Gopal saw Hycross on 13th December when it was on preview tour. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5456586 (Toyota Innova Hycross Review)

One can hope the market research guys for all these brands are reading this.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th January 2023 at 10:08.
PragRunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 16:45   #547
BHPian

Now I am being told by Nandi Toyota Bangalore that display cars would be available from Jan 25th onwards. While the earlier communications were also not official per we, but that would mean it is 2 months from launch to display. Which is not very inspiring. Would Toyota be carrying out any modifications in some specifications possibly?
Old 19th January 2023, 21:12   #548
BHPian

Previously Nandi Toyota had told 20th Jan as the date car will reach the showroom. I know the VP of Nandi Toyota hence the SA speaks more openly. So today I called him up to ask whether the car will reach tomorrow to which he told me that there are some delays due to quality from Toyota's end hence there is an expected delay of nearly 20 days so hence Feb 10th is what they are expecting to get the car. Plus one of my cousins had seen the car in Kochi Kerala on Dec 24 when it was on display. currently, he is on a trip to Indonesia
and he visited the Toyota showroom there. he is saying that the quality between India and Indonesia is at different levels. He quoted that the quality that they are giving there is what is to be given in India for a 37 lakh car. They have a top model which has some extra trims which make the car interior look more like a luxurious car, the black interior that they are providing there actually feels like leather and the leather here looks like something that can be retrofitted from some car accessory shop. And my cousin is now forcing me to wait for a Jeep Meridian second-hand that might come in the coming months for around the same price as Jeep is the quality that we should expect paying that price. or he is telling me to buy a Fortuner used for 30 lakhs and modify it into a legender for 2-3 lakhs.
jerin.v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 01:56   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerin.v View Post
Previously Nandi Toyota had told 20th Jan as the date car will reach the showroom. I know the VP of Nandi Toyota hence the SA speaks more openly. So today I called him up to ask whether the car will reach tomorrow to which he told me that there are some delays due to quality from Toyota's end hence there is an expected delay of nearly 20 days so hence Feb 10th is what they are expecting to get the car. Plus one of my cousins had seen the car in Kochi Kerala on Dec 24 when it was on display. currently, he is on a trip to Indonesia
and he visited the Toyota showroom there. he is saying that the quality between India and Indonesia is at different levels. He quoted that the quality that they are giving there is what is to be given in India for a 37 lakh car. They have a top model which has some extra trims which make the car interior look more like a luxurious car, the black interior that they are providing there actually feels like leather and the leather here looks like something that can be retrofitted from some car accessory shop. And my cousin is now forcing me to wait for a Jeep Meridian second-hand that might come in the coming months for around the same price as Jeep is the quality that we should expect paying that price. or he is telling me to buy a Fortuner used for 30 lakhs and modify it into a legender for 2-3 lakhs.

Similar situation here. Irinjalakuda showroom was supposed to get a display car today but it has now been postponed indefinitely. Wish I had just gone all the way to kochi and seen the car in person back in December.

Considering the addition of features in the Indian version over Indonesian version: ventilated front seats, JBL sound system with subwoofer, 8 way powered driver's seat with memory, I guess they had to make some compromises with some locally made parts to keep the costs from rising too much. I do wish they gave the black leather interior for top models too, it looks very premium.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 18:03   #550
BHPian

Had booked a hycross on the launch day at Ravindu and have been waiting anxiously to TD the car. Hope it gives the SUVish feel and look rather than MPVish.

I just asked chatgpt on a poem about it, and the one line that none will disagree to is:

"This car is built to last, that's for sure."

Fingers crossed, waiting to see the car in flesh and bones.

write a poem on toyota hycross:
The Toyota Hycross, sleek and strong,
A car that moves with grace and poise.
With lines that flow and wheels that roll,
It glides along the open roads.

The engine purrs with power and might,
A force to be reckoned with in sight.
With safety features to keep you secure,
This car is built to last, that's for sure.

The spacious interior, designed with care,
Comfort and luxury beyond compare.
With technology to make your drive a breeze,
The Hycross is all you'll ever need.

So if you're looking for a car that's grand,
The Toyota Hycross is your one command.
With style, performance, and peace of mind,
It's the perfect vehicle of any kind.
warp_10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 18:15   #551
BHPian

I had predicted during launch the people will ultimately find the interiors not to match up to the price ! The lower variants somehow can seem value for money if used as people mover.

OT: Seeing too much of chatGPT everywhere
PreludeSH is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 16:14   #552
BHPian

It’s surprising that even 2 months after the launch the cars are still not in the showrooms. Additionally, I haven’t seen any pictures or reviews of the VX. Haven’t come across any videos on YouTube as well. Anyone seen the VX?
Old 21st January 2023, 16:28   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
It’s surprising that even 2 months after the launch the cars are still not in the showrooms. Additionally, I haven’t seen any pictures or reviews of the VX. Haven’t come across any videos on YouTube as well. Anyone seen the VX?
Quite strange. There seems to be something that has gone wrong. Not sure what the problem is. Maybe they are facing some production related issues.
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 11:52   #554
BHPian

My SA from Nandi Toyota told me today that the display vehicle will be available from 25th Jan, but test drives only in early Feb.
Bhodrolok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 14:07   #555

Spoke to the Sales people at Galaxy Toyota Delhi today. Briefly this is what they said

- vehicle dispatches are starting
- they will receive cars on Jan 25th
- they do not know how many cars they'll get. he is guessing 4-5 cars.
- they do not know whether these are customer, display or test drive vehicles

He said that this launch process for them is even more chaotic than what happened with the hyryder.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks