Old 11th January 2023, 13:33   #512
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Hycross GX variant walkaround

Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 14:12   #513
Senior - BHPian

Crysta cutaway from AutoExpo 2016 and Hycross cutaway Auto Expo 2023 showing interior layout. Crysta second row sits higher than first row seats giving that gallery seating position and excellent outside visibility compared to Hycross' which has all seats at more or less the same height. Third row glass area of Crysta is also larger compared to the smallish Hycross' third row windows. Third row leg area of the Hycross is better than Crysta's due to the former's flat floor.

Crysta
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-7.jpg

Hycross
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-hycross_cross1.jpg
Sankar is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 10:19   #514

Bangalore members, any update related to the availability of HYCross in the showroom.
My SA initially said Jan-10, but now he is not sure about the dates.
Old 12th January 2023, 11:18   #515
BHPian

Im inclined towards a tyre upgrade to 235/60 r18 on ZX(O) as soon as i get the car. But im still deciding on whether to go for michelin primacy or michelin pilot sports. What would you guys recommend?
Old 12th January 2023, 11:41   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payyans View Post
Bangalore members, any update related to the availability of HYCross in the showroom.
My SA initially said Jan-10, but now he is not sure about the dates.
Same here. SA earlier told Jan 10. Now it is Jan 20 (pakka sir)!

Test drives post that.

Deliveries will start Feb (we have confirmed delivery of hundreds of Hycross’)
Old 12th January 2023, 12:05   #517
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I am still pondering, what has Toyota achieved by moving the gear stick to the dashboard. So much storage space is lost by doing this with no tangible benefits.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-hycross_cross111.jpg
For most of us the natural position to keep the smartphone is below the ACC controls as in Crysta.
Name:  Crysta10.jpg
Views: 1502
Size:  64.3 KB
In Hycross we have only two cup holders in the central tunnel and we have to keep the smartphone either in the armrest storage or in the passenger side crevice.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-2022toyotainnovahycross40.jpg
poloman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 12:25   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post

Test drives post that.

Same here in Kochi too. No clear dates when the display vehicles will be available.

On a separate note, with even Maruti launching the Jimny with standard 6 airbags Toyota's decision to limit it to ZX variants looks even more stark
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 12:25   #519
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I am still pondering, what has Toyota achieved by moving the gear stick to the dashboard. So much storage space is lost by doing this with no tangible benefits.
Attachment 2404853
For most of us the natural position to keep the smartphone is below the ACC controls as in Crysta.
Attachment 2404844
In Hycross we have only two cup holders in the central tunnel and we have to keep the smartphone either in the armrest storage or in the passenger side crevice.
Attachment 2404843
1. You dont need to bend forwards to take the phone from the cavity up front.
2. The front seats are wider since there no gear shifter + cup holders + parking brake controls.
3. The gear lever is so ergonomically places you wonder why everyone didn't keep it there.
4. front armrest storage is even bigger.

It's different and it was one thing I liked about it cause the position was so ergonomic when parking not have to look down and change.

Yes you lose some storage but the console is at a perfect height in ergonomics and followed by a lot of international models like the Voxy and Noah.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 19:47   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
On a separate note, with even Maruti launching the Jimny with standard 6 airbags Toyota's decision to limit it to ZX variants looks even more stark
This allows them to have another upgrade in Oct 2023 when govt brings in the 6 airbag rule and simultaneously hike prices of VX model by couple of lacs. I doubt that prices of ZX and ZX(o) will see as much increase because VX upgrade will be major while ZX models should see relatively minor upgrade (what else of significance can they add to it?).

In essence, if you want to have 6 airbags then you can either buy ZX now or buy VX later at an increased cost by couple of lacs. For those who are confused about VX and ZX models, this gives one more reason to pick ZX.
Old 12th January 2023, 20:41   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
1. You dont need to bend forwards to take the phone from the cavity up front.
2. The front seats are wider since there no gear shifter + cup holders + parking brake controls.
3. The gear lever is so ergonomically places you wonder why everyone didn't keep it there.
4. front armrest storage is even bigger.
Apart from ergonomics, I guess, moving of gear stick helped Toyota to save the boot space. Otherwise the battery would've been in the boot like other cars. I have not seen the car in person and hence it is just a wild guess.
Old 12th January 2023, 21:21   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by On4Wheels View Post
Apart from ergonomics, I guess, moving of gear stick helped Toyota to save the boot space. Otherwise the battery would've been in the boot like other cars. I have not seen the car in person and hence it is just a wild guess.
The gear lever in the HyCross is an electronic shifter, like it is in most automatics nowadays. There are no mechanical linkages or moving parts as is the case with manual gearboxes.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 21:22   #523
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I am still pondering, what has Toyota achieved by moving the gear stick to the dashboard. So much storage space is lost by doing this with no tangible benefits.....For most of us the natural position to keep the smartphone is below the ACC controls as in Crysta....In Hycross we have only two cup holders in the central tunnel and we have to keep the smartphone either in the armrest storage or in the passenger side crevice...
Same here. When the first scoop pics of the interiors were out, I thought it would have the Noah/Voxy or Alphard/Vellfire layout. Gearlever, buttons on the right side of it, a storage cavity to the left of the gearlever, pullout cupholders below it, a storage tray on the floor, a closed storage bin and individual armrests. Alas, we just got two cupholders and storage below the armrest box. Decontenting for developing markets I guess. But the lack of space to throw your phone and keys is a real bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Same here in Kochi too. No clear dates when the display vehicles will be available.
The SA at Nippon Eenchakal said it will be on display on the 15th of this month. Didn't Kochi have the display vehicles for a couple of days near new year?
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 22:15   #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post

Test drives post that.

Nandi Toyota, Hosur Road too is sticking to Jan 20th. There will be a display vehicle and another one for test drive.
fluke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 13:46   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post

The SA at Nippon Eenchakal said it will be on display on the 15th of this month. Didn't Kochi have the display vehicles for a couple of days near new year?

Nippon Kochi had it for a couple of days in december. Still waiting on the car being available in Thrissur or Irinjalakuda.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th January 2023 at 13:54. Reason: Capitalising place names.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks