Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2024, 16:45   #3241
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krrisdrive View Post

He didn't have any convincing answers. Kept on parroting that Toyota will allot car for me when it is due. However, promised me that he will escalate internally.

A day later, he called and announced that vehicle is allotted. Meanwhile, I got a message in WA group that the car is allotted and I should secure it within 4 days.
Have you tried the QRisTix site to track your sequence number? I got an email from them just yesterday with the waiting number. This is the website: https://bta.qristix.com/
Thead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2024, 17:22   #3242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Though I have never really used it, I thought the sport (S mode) that lets you put it into D1, D2… etc. is a kind of thing you are referring to by fake great shifts. And I believe those modes can be controlled using paddle shifters too. Personally, I would want them to use paddle shifters to provide brake regen levels like Tata EVs, and leave S mode alone for the other function (or the other way around). I have used the sport drive mode which takes “rubber band “ feeling out of this wonderful e-cvt and makes it feel more like an EV or a preppy petrol automatic. But once you realise and get used to the fact that you can achieve somewhat similar response just by pressing the accelerator hard, the need to use that mode diminishes as well.
It’s not the same thing. The non-hybrid petrol will do “fake” upshifts with revs reducing and then increasing when you floor the accelerator.

It’s worse for both efficiency and power but it sounds significantly better than the redline droning sound. Just wish it was added as an option to the drive mode selector button.

Speaking of bookings, I made 2 ZXO bookings in 2022 during hycross launch. The booking I made via Toyota website was delivered to me first despite making a booking via showroom one day earlier. Didn’t pay a single penny other than booking amount before PDI.

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th August 2024 at 18:39. Reason: Please use EDIT function instead of back to back posts. Thank you.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2024, 18:26   #3243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thead View Post
Have you tried the QRisTix site to track your sequence number? I got an email from them just yesterday with the waiting number. This is the website: https://bta.qristix.com/
Which credentials did you use to login? I am getting error to check the username when requesting OTP. Tried both mobile number and email id on which the booking confirmation was received.
Old 8th August 2024, 18:43   #3244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
Which credentials did you use to login? I am getting error to check the username when requesting OTP. Tried both mobile number and email id on which the booking confirmation was received.
I used my mobile number. I have learnt that the dealers periodically update the site, normally once in 7 -10 days. This site is not real-time. Most crucial as I mentioned in one of my prior posts is to get the booking order form on email directly from Toyota. If that has not come despite you giving them the OTP, it may indicate the booking did not go through. The dealer can get you a screenshot from the booking system to confirm your booking.
Thead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2024, 19:13   #3245
BHPian

Quote:
I used my mobile number. I have learnt that the dealers periodically update the site, normally once in 7 -10 days. This site is not real-time. Most crucial as I mentioned in one of my prior posts is to get the booking order form on email directly from Toyota. If that has not come despite you giving them the OTP, it may indicate the booking did not go through. The dealer can get you a screenshot from the booking system to confirm your booking.
Booking was confirmed and I did receive the confirmation ID over email from TKM_Demandnsupplyteam@toyota-kirloskar.co.in along with the attached Order Booking Form in pdf format. I shall wait after couple of days, may be it is not yet updated online.
Old 8th August 2024, 20:23   #3246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
It’s not the same thing. The non-hybrid petrol will do “fake” upshifts with revs reducing and then increasing when you floor the accelerator.

It’s worse for both efficiency and power but it sounds significantly better than the redline droning sound. Just wish it was added as an option to the drive mode selector button.
Yes got it, you were talking about a different point.
Old 9th August 2024, 02:10   #3247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Yes got it, you were talking about a different point.
Yep, leaving 2 vids here that make it clearer for anyone else reading :

Non hybrid :

Hybrid :

Turn the sound on. Wish Comfort or Sport mode would have changed the rev pattern.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 11:39   #3248
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I tried both my mobile and email. But system throws check user name error. I get survey emails and sms from Toyota, so definitely it is not a typo error.
krrisdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 19:27   #3249

Got my hycross a week back. And i am really enjoying driving around in it.

Wanted to understand the screen options shown on the right side of the display. What do the two circled options do?

And by the way, where does one find info on such options? I looked in the user manual in the toyota-connect app but couldn’t find anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_2253.jpeg  

bakisab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 19:53   #3250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakisab View Post
Wanted to understand the screen options shown on the right side of the display. What do the two circled options do?
In what you’ve circled, the top one is for different format of reverse camera guidelines and the bottom one with the A sign on the camera is when you come to a crawling speed example slow down for a speed-breaker, the front camera turns on automatically. You can click on it to switch it off as well.

For a city like Mumbai where we’re always crawling the camera keeps turning on and switching off constantly, I have just turned it off.

Quote:
And by the way, where does one find info on such options? I looked in the user manual in the toyota-connect app but couldn’t find anything.
Click and try it out, these new online user manuals are quite useless
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2024, 10:32   #3251

Got my HyCross ZX a few weeks back. I’m facing an issue where the CarPlay just randomly gets disconnected when I enter or exit the vehicle with the ignition on. The Bluetooth remains connected though. Has anybody else faced this issue? If yes, how did you resolve it? Please guide. Thank you.
Old 10th August 2024, 12:19   #3252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipuljain View Post
I bought Hycross zx in September 2023. Had no issues of any rattling sound until December and gradually the noise increased to an irritating level on rough roads. I believe it originated from sunroof. Got it checked at Galaxy Toyota but after 5 hours they couldn’t resolve it. Took the car to MFG Peeragarhi and after 2-3 test drives they finally used a spray on all the gasket areas on all doors, sunroof and boot door. Finally, the car was completely silent on rough patches. It worked fine for one month and again the noise started in January. To me it seems cold weather of Delhi is the reason for this noise due to contraction of gasket. Will come to know more in the summer months ahead. BTW, it seems to be emanating from sunroof.
Bro same issue is happening with my Hycross VX.
Did you manage to find a solution?
Old 11th August 2024, 16:29   #3253
BHPian

GFX mat at the rear needs to be supported from caving in when something is kept on it. Has anyone done anything to address this?
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-hycross-mat-support.jpeg  

Old 11th August 2024, 21:01   #3254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post
GFX mat at the rear needs to be supported from caving in when something is kept on it. Has anyone done anything to address this?
Looks like the GX variant. The ZX variant has a utility tray underneath that provides additional support. I am surprised that this is so flimsy that it would not even take the weight of a mat, let alone heavy luggage.
Old 11th August 2024, 21:26   #3255
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the GX variant. The ZX variant has a utility tray underneath that provides additional support. I am surprised that this is so flimsy that it would not even take the weight of a mat, let alone heavy luggage.
It is a GX(O) variant.

The utility tray is not available as an accessory either at Toyota nor at automotive shops outside.

Could you share the picture of the utility tray when possible?

I will need to think of something to support the tray.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks