Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2024, 20:27   #3181

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
Did the ASC guys mention any external force or pressure or any other damage from outside that could have damaged the driveshaft or the driveshaft itself was faulty?
As far as I know, the issue is not due to any external force or damage. The vehicle is primarily used on the Outer Ring Road in Hyderabad, where the roads are excellent. I believe 30 other vehicles have experienced a similar issue, but we have been assured that the vehicle will not stop because of this problem.
reddysaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2024, 17:35   #3182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddysaab View Post
As far as I know, the issue is not due to any external force or damage. The vehicle is primarily used on the Outer Ring Road in Hyderabad, where the roads are excellent. I believe 30 other vehicles have experienced a similar issue, but we have been assured that the vehicle will not stop because of this problem.
Very weird. Force them to change it under warranty, just in case. Try to get pictures of the removed drive shafts.

Quote:
Engine / Motor : the engine struggles or you can say it pleads not to push it .i know it’s a MUV and I can’t expect performance but a little at least
Next time you feel like this, just floor the pedal. You will see how much the engine was holding itself in reserve. Unlike turbo-diesels, we can't just press the pedal 30% and wait for the turbo to kick in. You want more acceleration, you need to press the pedal more.

Also this Atkinson cycle engine is loud at higher RPMs. Train yourself to ignore the sounds because while it sounds similar to a normal engine at its limits, it still has a lot more to go before redline. Once you hit the desired speed, just back off from the accelerator and it will immediately go back to being quiet.

Last edited by Cresterk : 16th July 2024 at 17:41.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 00:09   #3183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
That's a common misconception but that's just not possible according to the laws of physics. When you brake and accelerate, you are wasting energy compared to cruising. Any car, whether it be petrol, diesel or hybrid will be more fuel efficient while cruising at a steady speed on the highway.

Regenerative braking cannot capture 100% of the energy that is wasted while braking. It will be more efficient than a car with no regenerative braking but it can never be more efficient in the city than the highway. The gap between city and highway mileage will be reduced but it never be the same.
Actually high City mileage in the hybrid is due to different reason. In the city, there is usually either speed restriction or speed is less due to traffic. In this low speed scenario a the car runs in motor only for a quite long duration. In highway if the speed is maintained above70-80 kmph, it runs mainly on engine or engine and motor both. Only motor is unable to support this speed constantly.

In my experience I have noticed regenerative braking contributes hardly 5-10% of total battery charging (unless someone is going downhill, it charges the battery very fast), so concept of high city mileage due to repeated braking is wrong. It is rather due to low constant speed and less aggressive acceleration.
Posting some highway and city mileage figure of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20240716235346_whatsapp.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20240716235340_whatsapp.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20240716234853_gallery.jpg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 3rd September 2024 at 10:21. Reason: Fixing broken quote tag and para spacing.
Orinkos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 17:42   #3184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orinkos View Post
[
Actually high City mileage in the hybrid is due to different reason. In the city, there is usually either speed restriction or speed is less due to traffic. In this low speed scenario a the car runs in motor only for a quite long duration. In highway if the speed is maintained above70-80 kmph, it runs mainly on engine or engine and motor both. Only motor is unable to support this speed constantly.
In my experience I have noticed regenerative braking contributes hardly 5-10% of total battery charging (unless someone is going downhill, it charges the battery very fast), so concept of high city mileage due to repeated braking is wrong. It is rather due to low constant speed and less aggressive acceleration.
Posting some highway and city mileage figure of mine.
I think that might have more to do with elevation or AC compressor usage due to night time vs day. The 1.8 kWh battery in the hycross is high voltage but low capacity and can only power the car for 800m to 1km max at lower speeds before having to turn on the engine to recharge.

At higher speeds, try this. Accelerate slightly past the speed you want to maintain, then let go of the pedal and push it down slightly, keeping the power meter between the middle eco line. Engine will turn off and maintain speed using motor.

This works all the way till about 110-120 (don’t remember exactly which since I generally don’t go above 100 in Kerala)

Past 120 or so, the motor-generator 2 hits its redline of around 17,000 rpm and the engine will always turn on regardless of how lightly you push the pedal.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 19:33   #3185
BHPian

Been reading the thread and finally, I have also taken the plunge.

Getting my VX 8 seater Hybrid Hycross delivered tomorrow. Any suggestions for a good accessory shop in Bangalore?

Last edited by Axe77 : 3rd September 2024 at 10:22. Reason: i —> I
Old 20th July 2024, 18:51   #3186
BHPian

Hi friends, my Innova Hycross ZXO is ready for delivery, but I'm really confused for two reasons:
1. The upcoming budget might include a substantial subsidy for hybrids.
2. Haryana might follow UP's lead and waive registration charges for hybrids.
I need advice on whether I should wait and potentially save 4-5 lakhs if these scenarios come true, or go ahead and pick it up now, taking the risk of paying extra. What should I do?
Old 20th July 2024, 19:09   #3187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozoniac View Post
Hi friends, my Innova Hycross ZXO is ready for delivery, but I'm really confused for two reasons:
1. The upcoming budget might include a substantial subsidy for hybrids.
2. Haryana might follow UP's lead and waive registration charges for hybrids.
I need advice on whether I should wait and potentially save 4-5 lakhs if these scenarios come true, or go ahead and pick it up now, taking the risk of paying extra. What should I do?
I am in the same boat, but have decided to wait. I think its a substantial amount and where we have had waiting period earlier spanning a year, another 3-4 months should not be a problem.
Old 20th July 2024, 19:15   #3188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishee View Post
I am in the same boat, but have decided to wait. I think its a substantial amount and where we have had waiting period earlier spanning a year, another 3-4 months should not be a problem.
Thanks and it does make sense, but don’t have the heart to let go of my booking and then wait another year for it or maybe more☹️. Any confirmed information about the benefits coming for hybrids ?
Old 20th July 2024, 20:14   #3189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozoniac View Post
Thanks and it does make sense, but don’t have the heart to let go of my booking and then wait another year for it or maybe more☹️. Any confirmed information about the benefits coming for hybrids ?
I am waiting till budget even though I have a booking for GXO. I don't think budget impacts hybrid vehicles prices, it should be decided in the GST council meeting.
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 09:02   #3190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
I am waiting till budget even though I have a booking for GXO. I don't think budget impacts hybrid vehicles prices, it should be decided in the GST council meeting.
Same boat as you sir.
Am waiting for the budget though, in case there is a significant change in hybrid prices. Will shift to a VX.

Quick question to folks here who booked a GXO:
Any of you planning for a cruise control installation. Is it recommended , would this void warranty ? Also what is the price in Bangalore for a cruise control installation.

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd July 2024 at 05:27. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 22nd July 2024, 01:05   #3191
Senior - BHPian

Thanks so much bhandary for your response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post
2. Correct. This could be a part of cost saving or a result of brain stormed session. Possible causes could be
a. Car window always remains closed, so no possibility of dust settling on the seat
b. since only a driver is involved during transportation only the driver seat needs to be protected
Lets see this as an effort by Toyota in reducing the plastic pollution
Other cars such as Rumion and Glanza displayed in the showroom had all seats covered in plastic. Only Hycross had this 'driver seat only' plastic covering. Some thing's cooking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post
3. Not sure on this, but the light throw is very poor. Driving in moderate rains at night is very strenuous
This is typical of white lights, whether LED or Halogen. Except for blinding the on-coming traffic, there is not much use in visibility. And driving in the rains feels like you have not switched on the headlights. Since headlights, DRL and fog lamps are white, it should be such a pain. Any body has upgraded their headlamps from dealer (without voiding warranty)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
Quick question to folks here who booked a GXO.
Any of you planning for a cruise control installation.
Is it recommended , would this void warranty ?
I am not seeing this in the official list of accessories given by the dealer. Theoretically, anything installed outside will void warranty - or so they will make out.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 22nd July 2024 at 01:09.
jinojohnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 11:31   #3192

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Thanks so much bhandary for your response.

"Other cars such as Rumion and Glanza displayed in the showroom had all seats covered in plastic. Only Hycross had this 'driver seat only' plastic covering. Some thing's cooking?"
I also found my car during PDI in July 23 like that. Likely this is common in Hycross.

Last edited by Axe77 : 3rd September 2024 at 10:24. Reason: Please mind the quote tags and ensure you don’t delete them while editing and replying. Thank you.
Orinkos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 23:25   #3193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Been reading the thread and finally, i have also taken the plunge.

Getting my VX 8 seater Hybrid Hycross delivered tomorrow. Any suggestions for a good accessory shop in Bangalore?
I got the accessories and dashcam (70mai A500s) fitted at Car Plaza at JC road (Bangalore). Good and customer friendly guys (run by father and sons) and the accessories are reasonably priced. They do not push for extra accessories but will suggest if asked. Added few more accessories basis their recommendation.

The guys doing the fitting are experienced. Only thing to watch is the fitment location (left side or the right side of the car) as the accessory design can be a little confusing.

The shop is on the main road itself and is just wide enough for a car to be taken inside for fittings.

During my visit to Nandi Toyota showroom (Bangalore) noticed a "Special Edition" Innova Hycross GX model on display. This had a BMW grill at the front among other accessories fitted. The cost of the grill was around Rs 17,000/-. It looked somewhat weird but also a little nice. Imagine a BMW grill with a big "T".

On closer inspection found that the grill was chrome coated plastic and the chrome finishing on the edge was little poor.

Missed to take a picture.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th July 2024 at 11:53. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 24th July 2024, 09:46   #3194
BHPian

Return of the HU apple car play disconnect.

I had taken delivery of my HyCross VX Hybrid, in Feb'23 and until Oct'23 whenever I would connect my iPhone the Apple Car Play would work for 3-4minutes after which it would disconnect automatically and thereafter until I turned off the car and turned it on again, the HU would malfunction. Every trick in the book was tried from reset to changing cables to trying different phones until everyone at eSpirit Toyota gave up (nice folks who tried their best IMO) much to the lack of response from Toyota.

Finally in October, I got a call from Toyota to keep my car powered on for an OTA update and it fixed the issue, everything was great until yesterday, when another OTA update was pushed to the vehicle to fix the display while toggling (this is a regular update, every other HyCross VX Hybrid user would have also got) and now I am back to the Apple CarPlay disconnect issue.

Is anyone else facing the same thing? Somehow, I feel that Toyota in India is going the Skoda way.

Last edited by Axe77 : 3rd September 2024 at 10:24. Reason: Caps.
Old 24th July 2024, 11:45   #3195
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

No way as far as I am concerned . I always keep my vehicles stock.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks