Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2024, 15:46   #3151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajjaiswal92 View Post
Noticed a trend on my Hycross Vx which has done some 24,000 Kms in 9 months of ownership, the fuel economy which use to hang around 17.XX dropped to 15.00 KMPL in the peak months of summer, with the temperature now falling due to the monsoon season it has gone back up to 17.XX the AC usage is still the same being set at 22 on auto mode.
How much of this change can be attributed to the change in temperature both in the AC now finding it easy to cool the cabin more easily and is the battery also being helped with the lower temperature as I’m seeing the EV mode kicking in more frequently.
I'm surprised you can tolerate 22C in auto mode. I am someone who likes the cold but even I have it set to 25C min to prevent myself from freezing. The AC of the hycross is very effective and can actually cool the cabin down to 22C unlike my i20 where I set it to 22C and the cabin seems to stay around 24-26C depending on how hot of a day it is.

I have noticed the same thing in summer. Mileage dropped down to around 15.xx kmpl while now during monsoons it's back to 17-19kmpl.

AC is a heavy duty unit and can consume quite a lot of power depending on situation. When stopped at railway gates with the AC on, I notice that the car only stays in ev mode for about 5 mins max before it turns the engine on to recharge the HV battery.
When stopped with the AC compressor switched off and just the fan blowing, it can stay in EV mode almost indefinitely. Even with the headlights on, fans, ventilated seats, ICE blasting music, it takes a lot of time for the battery to drop even a single bar.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 17:14   #3152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajjaiswal92 View Post
Noticed a trend on my Hycross Vx which has done some 24,000 Kms in 9 months of ownership, the fuel economy which use to hang around 17.XX dropped to 15.00 KMPL in the peak months of summer, with the temperature now falling due to the monsoon season it has gone back up to 17.XX the AC usage is still the same being set at 22 on auto mode.
How much of this change can be attributed to the change in temperature both in the AC now finding it easy to cool the cabin more easily and is the battery also being helped with the lower temperature as I’m seeing the EV mode kicking in more frequently.
I have same observation in my Tata Safari (Diesel) that's done 33K kms in 2 years. This time the summers were quite harsh & despite same AC usage in summers (100%) the mileage was around 10.5 kmpl in past 2 months. As soon as it rained a bit & the temperatures came down the mileage has increased to 12 kmpl (100% AC & same route). I believe the hot air in summers did put a strain on engine, apart from AC usage, & thus the mileage suffered.

Hope this explanation/ experience helps!
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 18:23   #3153

Quote:
Originally Posted by krrisdrive View Post
My two cents via an Excel spreadsheet.

Attachment 2624264

Attachment 2624265

Attachment 2624266
Looks like there is a good discount on the Hybrid cars in UP ....
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20240708181817.png
outlandish77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 20:02   #3154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlandish77 View Post
Attachment 2625280
Oh the pain! If only i could have purchased mine today.
Great time to buy it people who had the means available for a VX should definitely upgrade to ZX now.
Old 8th July 2024, 20:32   #3155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlandish77 View Post
Attachment 2625280
Toyota is quite smart! They knew it was coming so that had increased the Hycross prices by more than 3.5 lakhs from the launch price in merely 18 months (if we compare the previous on road price and current on road price, the difference comes out to be 3.5 lakhs)
Old 9th July 2024, 07:12   #3156

Hi Folks,

I had booked a Hycross VX(O) 8 seater ( bangalore). SA informed that it should be available by month end. Very excited about it because it's our first big car and we always wanted something where larger family could travel all together.

Posting here since i am looking for some guidance.

Based on the reviews, it seems the audio setup on VX(o) isn't that great. Now we are no audiophiles, but my family does want enjoy good music while on long trips. I have a 2024 i20 top end (bose speakers and a basic sub-woofer as well) which sounds pretty good to us. So would like to have something as decent on the hycross.

Would it be possible to upgrade the speakes of VX(o) to achieve this? I spoke to dealer accessories and they dont seem to be upgrading for hybrid variants (for petrol gx variant they are installing amp+underseat sub etc). Saw a lot of audio upgrades video on youtube (amp in the boot and high end speakers) but not sure if the warranty would get void.

Was thinking maybe at least the stock speakers could simply be swapped out for better ones (maybe audison/focal) but not sure of what power requirements have to be met when selecting new speakers.

So looking for some guidance from the experts here. I did see a few posts on this thread about focal Toy series (drop-in for toyota) speakers but not sure if anyone actually got it done.
Old 9th July 2024, 09:58   #3157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krrisdrive View Post
My two cents via an Excel spreadsheet.
Very good analysis . Nice touch to clearly demarcate highway run and city run with corresponding fuel efficiencies. When I had done similar analysis while buying strong hybrid Hyryder, I had taken the blended fuel efficiency.

One suggestion, instead of static fuel cost as of today, you may want to take average fuel cost for next X years - where is X is number of ownership years.

Some arbitrary value can be assigned to missing features in standalone petrol variant, when compared to Hybrid variant - to bring parity while comparing the two.
Old 10th July 2024, 08:15   #3158

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Has anyone renewed their Hycross insurance? I had taken the icici insurance from the showroom itself and while I was pretty much forced to take it, now that it is renewal time I want to consider all options and pick the best. Any suggestions or if anyone has done renewal, which one they picked and what that insurer offered along with addons etc
Have you checked with policy bazar? I personally prefer psu insurance companies.
Old 10th July 2024, 10:11   #3159
BHPian

My first year insurance was from CholaM through dealer (saying it's a cashless facility with all Toyota service centres). Now I got a quote from Bajaj for IDV of 26L and most of the other add ons as pearl 31279/sapphire 43108. Dealer is supposed to give me CholaM quote today.
Old 10th July 2024, 12:23   #3160
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations and I am sure you have made a great choice

I have been owning hycross VX(O) 7 seater for couple of months and to be honest the audio setup is not that bad provided you do some audio settings change as per your choice. I am not audiophile either and can live without the requirement for high res audio clarity or specific frequencies. So lets say it's just ok, but not bad.

Hycross audio wont disappoint you with respect to mids, decent bass and loud ness levels and should be ok for most of our needs. I might add a pair of tweeters to improve the vocals and that should be enough !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakisab View Post
Hi Folks,

I had booked a Hycross VX(O) 8 seater ( bangalore). SA informed that it should be available by month end. Very excited about it because it's our first big car and we always wanted something where larger family could travel all together.

Posting here since i am looking for some guidance.

Based on the reviews, it seems the audio setup on VX(o) isn't that great. Now we are no audiophiles, but my family does want enjoy good music while on long trips. I have a 2024 i20 top end (bose speakers and a basic sub-woofer as well) which sounds pretty good to us. So would like to have something as decent on the hycross.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 14:43   #3161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
I saw a Hycross with side step installed at a dealer. It was not a genuine accessory.
Any idea how the side step is installed?
Do we have slots in the body to fix this or do we have to drill (which is a no no for me).
Old 11th July 2024, 17:41   #3162
BHPian

Would anyone suggest to getting it done from the showroom? Will be taking delivery of GXO but confused about 2 points

1. Side Step costing 23,000 at the dealer vis a vis 13K locally
2. PPF done by detailing street in NCR costing 95K with lifetime warranty vs Ceramic coating offered by Showroom @ 36K.

Any advice will be really helpful. Taking delivery of GXO Petrol this Sunday. Not yet finalised on any accessories from the showroom.

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Any idea how the side step is installed?
Do we have slots in the body to fix this or do we have to drill (which is a no no for me).
Old 11th July 2024, 18:07   #3163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
AC is a heavy duty unit and can consume quite a lot of power depending on situation..
I too agree to your comment that AC on INNOVA HYCROSS is too good. I have never seen any car in India till date which can match the AC performance of Hycross. I am driving Hycross since past 1.5 yrs now and AC has been specially outstanding!
Old 11th July 2024, 18:35   #3164
Senior - BHPian

Checked the GXO 7 Seater, here are some doubts -
1. I didn't see a badging (GXO), dealer says badging is available only for VX and ZX? Only 'Innova Hycross' written at the back.
2. The protective plastic sheet covering is available only for the driver seat? Other sheets were not covered.
3. Headlight bulbs are led, but lamp is not projector type? Even ZX model on display, didn't have projector headlamps.
4.There are no front/back skid plates by default? GX special edition had rear skid plates I think.
5. There is no wheel-well-plastic cladding/strip by default?
6. There is no curtain for rear window? I remember the GX special edition had this.

Can someone please clarify?

Last edited by jinojohnt : 11th July 2024 at 18:36.
Old 12th July 2024, 20:25   #3165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Checked the GXO 7 Seater, here are some doubts -
1. I didn't see a badging (GXO), dealer says badging is available only for VX and ZX? Only 'Innova Hycross' written at the back.
2. The protective plastic sheet covering is available only for the driver seat? Other sheets were not covered.
3. Headlight bulbs are led, but lamp is not projector type? Even ZX model on display, didn't have projector headlamps.
4.There are no front/back skid plates by default? GX special edition had rear skid plates I think.
5. There is no wheel-well-plastic cladding/strip by default?
6. There is no curtain for rear window? I remember the GX special edition had this.

Can someone please clarify?
1. Correct. GX(O) does not get any variant badging

2. Correct. This could be a part of cost saving or a result of brain stormed session. Possible causes could be
a. Car window always remains closed, so no possibility of dust settling on the seat
b. since only a driver is involved during transportation only the driver seat needs to be protected
Lets see this as an effort by Toyota in reducing the plastic pollution

3. Not sure on this, but the light throw is very poor. Driving in moderate rains at night is very strenuous

4. No skid plates in GX(O) as default. Special editions are always "special". The cost will be included in the special edition offer

5. No

6. Retractable window curtain is available as default in GX(O) for second row
bhandary is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks