Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2024, 22:45   #3061
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearchichi View Post
I have a 6-week old HyCross VX that's not been driven much (1300 KM to date). I'm the only driver thus far, and I drive a low speeds (largely below 80 KMPH). Most of the time, the hybrid battery is charged up to 3 bars, very seldom up to 6 bars and never beyond. My mileage ranges from 19 to 27 KMPL, implying the hybrid battery gets used often. I've never faced a dead-battery situation thus far.

Do you have a dashcam running with parking mode enabled? Perhaps that could leech the charge beyond the low-voltage levels.
No dashcam. I haven't had the chance to get it yet . And I am pretty sure the engine runs plenty. Hopefully, Toyota will be able to figure it out fast.
Old 4th June 2024, 01:35   #3062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi13 View Post
Recently I have been noticing the back passenger seat belt alarms functioning inconsistently. Some times it will correctly display the back passenger has not worn the seat belts and the alarms go off but many a times recently it will never detect anyone seated and will show no signs.

Has anyone noticed any such issues with their car.

There are no weight sensors on the rear seats. If you plug in the rear seat belts and then remove it while the car in on and without opening/closing the door, you get the seatbelt alarm since the car assumes someone took their seatbelt off. Useful for if you have a child that likes to take their seatbelt off. But inconvenient if you decide to change seats while the car is moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
The first time, the car didn't start (I don't know the details since Dad faced the issue). I think it was a 12v battery, since Toyota folk connected another battery to the 12v battery and started the car. My dad drove the car for a few km to charge the battery, and everything was fine.

We used the car on 1st of June evening and parked it. 3rd June (today) morning when I got into the car, It showed the error-"key not not detected". So I got both the keys, but still the same error. Then I kept one key near the gear lever, another next to the steering column thinking proximity sensor will detect it. Till then, the instrument cluster was on, ..... but in a few seconds, the car just died. Everything stopped working.

Again toyota folks came, used the battery and started the car. They have taken it with them to the service centre. What they are saying is

1) There could be some sort of "leakage" from 12V battery which leads to drainage from it
2) Hybrid battery kicks in to charge the 12V battery draining it
3) Because of low overall usage that too at low speeds, hybrid battery doesn't get charged enough...leading to both batteries being dead.

I'm hearing pretty bad things about Bangalore Toyota dealers not knowing how to diagnose or treat simple issues. Is this Nandi Toyota?

Assuming you don't have any additional electrical accessories draining power:

Your 12V battery is defective and needs to be replaced. It's the same normal battery we use in every other car. I'm guessing it was from a bad batch that slipped through Q/C. All electrical accessories in the car are powered by normal 12V battery while the hybrid battery is for driving the car. If the 12V battery dies, it won't be able to run the electrical systems including the car's computers and the hybrid system will not start.

Car can turn on the engine no matter what the speed to recharge the battery. Even if you are parked. All this usage, slow speed blah blah are just the usual bullshit given by poorly trained dealership personal who have no idea what they are doing.

Change the 12V battery and see if it is fixed. No need to touch the hybrid battery unnecessarily.
Cresterk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 20:16   #3063
BHPian

How to negotiate with a dealer for a deal on insurance?

I had booked the ZX(O) on 9th of April. Today, on 4th of June, I was surprised to receive a call from the dealer stating that the car is about to be dispatched from the factory in some days and I will definitely get it within this month. They wanted to know if my finances are ready.

I told them I am ready with everything, but I need them to give me a deal on the insurance premium (Their quote is 1.74 lakhs) I made it clear that I don't want to push them to allow me to take it from outside, but I do expect them to atleast bring the amount down a little if not match a quote from outside.

But they don't seem to budge. "Sir Toyota protect plan is the best - yada yada".

So here's my question - How much do I bargain and how much to let go? We haven't even begun talking about accessories yet, which is going to be another debate.

Also, the dealer doesn't know that I had made another booking on the same day with a different dealer. Do I disclose this and use as leverage?

Or should I just pay up considering I only had to wait 2 months and not 8 and I am probably escaping another price hike?

P.S. The dealer in question is Millennium Toyota. Anybody has any experience with them with such bargaining?
Old 4th June 2024, 21:39   #3064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateMotorhead View Post
But they don't seem to budge. "Sir Toyota protect plan is the best - yada yada".
Typical argument: as if you are an average Joe who will fall for it. I had a similar experience, and SA even stated, sir, this insurance is valid all over India, and you can claim at any Toyota dealership in India.

Dealership insurance quotes are usually too inflated. I would suggest that you get a quote for the same add-ons from PolicyBazaar and ask the dealer to match the quote. If they don’t, tell them you are buying the insurance yourself. Here’s a tip: whichever insurance you finalise, check if your preferred Toyota dealership garage is listed there.
Quote:
We haven't even begun talking about accessories yet, which is going to be another debate.
Please select and purchase accessories according to your preferences, but most dealerships will sell the car only if you purchase their accessories! I realise it is easier said than done.
Quote:
Also, the dealer doesn't know that I had made another booking on the same day with a different dealer. Do I disclose this and use as leverage?
I don’t know if this counts as leverage, but if they don’t oblige to your requests, then you can very well take the business elsewhere. But if you are in a hurry, then you can proceed with the purchase.

All the best
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 00:00   #3065
BHPian

Folks,

I encountered a strange issue with our less-than-a-year-old Hycross Hybrid, which has run 32,700 km and was serviced less than a week ago.

While stuck in traffic for almost 3 hours in Madhapur due to heavy rains, I took an alternate route to reach home. As I accelerated the car on a flyover, it suddenly started vibrating when in engine mode. This continued until I reached home.

Can you help identify why this happened?

I also recorded a couple of videos of the issue. Sorry for recording the videos while driving as I was alone in the car.

Old 6th June 2024, 03:59   #3066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
I am not sure if this is true or even possible. This is what the guy who picked up the car said or at least what I think he said. Will be visiting the service centre tomorrow to understand more.
Its quite possible for the Hybrid battery to loose charge over time. Not in 2 days though. Lets say it did go completely flat, the main battery is supposed to stay at full capacity, even if you don't run the car for a month. If a brand new 12volt battery is discharging at the rate you describe, its either the battery that is defective or there is something robbing it of power while the car is stationary, causing it to go dead prematurely. We need to identify what that is.

A modern day car battery should given you a minimum of 3 years of life. Not die in 2 days.

Whoever you are engaging with at the service center is incompetent. Ask them if their bike, car or scooter battery goes dead every 2 days. The attitude suggests they are unwilling to dedicate time to diagnose the issue properly. Escalate to the service manager or take the car to a more capable garage.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 06:55   #3067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Folks,

While stuck in traffic for almost 3 hours in Madhapur due to heavy rains, I took an alternate route to reach home. As I accelerated the car on a flyover, it suddenly started vibrating when in engine mode. This continued until I reached home.

Can you help identify why this happened?

I also recorded a couple of videos of the issue. Sorry for recording the videos while driving as I was alone in the car.
For How long did you feel vibrations if it was less than 5 minutes then it’s ok but if they continue for more than 5-10 minutes then there might be a problem, refer to this from the manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_2831.jpeg  

manofinfinity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 07:52   #3068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
For How long did you feel vibrations if it was less than 5 minutes then it’s ok but if they continue for more than 5-10 minutes then there might be a problem, refer to this from the manual.
I felt this vibration for more than an hour until I reached home.

Anyway, I’m gonna visit the ASC to get it sorted.
Old 6th June 2024, 08:47   #3069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Its quite possible for the Hybrid battery to loose charge over time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Your 12V battery is defective and needs to be replaced. It's the same normal battery we use in every other car.

Change the 12V battery and see if it is fixed. No need to touch the hybrid battery unnecessarily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
Which battery are you referring to the main hybrid battery or the 12V battery, did you get some errors in the mid regarding the low battery or any other faults?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dearchichi View Post
I have a 6-week old HyCross VX that's not been driven much (1300 KM to date). I'm the only driver thus far, and I drive a low speeds (largely below 80 KMPH). Most of the time, the hybrid battery is charged up to 3 bars, very seldom up to 6 bars and never beyond. .

Thank you all for your input. Service centre folks said that there was a "leakage" from the 12V battery, and it has been fixed now. SA hasn't been able to give me any explanation beyond that. I am not sure if he fully understands what he is saying; I frankly don't.

The car is back with us now, will be using it as the primary car over the next week and then keep it parked for a week to test. I hope it works fine.
sameerg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 13:53   #3070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

I encountered a strange issue with our less-than-a-year-old Hycross Hybrid, which has run 32,700 km and was serviced less than a week ago.

https://Youtube.com/watch?v=EM7TGl5O...gRFKeZGM8s_t_b

https://Youtube.com/watch?v=mL2pqW5b...yxySPN9JacdeZX
Yeah that is definitely not normal. Did they do throttle body cleaning at your last service? Or touch the injectors?
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 16:51   #3071
BHPian

So, took the car to my nearest Toyota ASC and it was confirmed that engine mounting went kaput, which resulted in vibrations.

The reason why it happened is, when I was going to bring some groceries, I by mistakenly hit the car to the divider at the speed of 40-50 Kmph on a deserted road, which is behind our gated community and that road is used by newbie drivers, which resulted in damage on front left side alloy wheel and due to which it has affected the engine mount.

Luckily, no major damage or scratch to the exterior or to the front bumper, which is surprising to me as well as to my dad and chauffeur or else, it'd have costed a bomb.

And, I immediately got an alert from Toyota app stating that collision has happened.

As per the technician at Toyota after doing the wheel alignment, he stated that shock absorber might also shot due to this accident.
car_guy1998 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 16:55   #3072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, took the car to my nearest Toyota ASC and it was confirmed that engine mounting went kaput, which resulted in vibrations.

The reason why it happened is, when I was going to bring some groceries, I by mistakenly hit the car to the divider at the speed of 40-50 Kmph on a deserted road, which is behind our gated community and that road is used by newbie drivers, which resulted in damage on front left side alloy wheel and due to which it has affected the engine mount.
Oof that is going to cost you. Better claim insurance and replace everything involved.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 16:59   #3073
BHPian

Quote:
Oof that is going to cost you. Better claim insurance and replace everything involved.
Yeah, that's what we gonna do now and even my ASC guy suggested me do the same.

I was literally thinking even after I hit the car to the divider, why there are no damages to the exterior.

My dad was literally in shock after getting to know about this.
Old 7th June 2024, 12:25   #3074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi13 View Post
Recently I have been noticing the back passenger seat belt alarms functioning inconsistently.
I feel the seat belt alarm are inconsistent across the seats. Many times if someone sits after the car has been turned on, the car doesn't register it and there is no alarm.

It is one of those mysteries for which I haven't been able to dedicate time to figure out the algorithm

Quote:
There are no weight sensors on the rear seats.
Are you sure? I have to ask the kids to put-on the seat belts every time or the alarm would go off. Will double check.
Old 7th June 2024, 12:59   #3075

My Hycross ZX(O) has just crossed 4,000 KMS. I've noticed a few issues recently and I'm unsure if they are normal:

1. Engine Noise: The petrol engine sounds like a diesel engine, even at idle. The noise doubles when the radiator fan starts.
2. Shaking in 'P' Mode: When the engine is on and the lever is in 'P', the vehicle sometimes shakes as if it's trying to move.
3. Apple CarPlay Connection: When the car is started using the mobile app, Apple CarPlay doesn't connect until the engine is switched off and restarted.
4. Noise When Shifting Gears: There's a noticeable sound from the bonnet when shifting from 'P' to 'R' or 'D', especially in EV mode. It sounds like a motor working to move the gear.

Your advice on whether I should take it to the service center would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks