Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2024, 05:44   #2971
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Did anyone use Carlinkit Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto in Hycross VX Hybrid and GX variants, which doesn't come with Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto?

Asking because I have bought one in USA for our Hycross VX Hybrid and I intend to use it during my visit to India.
Old 13th May 2024, 10:17   #2972

I have a Hycross Hybrid without the E20 sticker in fuel lid. As most fuel in metros and big cities have e20 compliant fuel being sold and all new Hycross vehicles are E20 compliant, if inadvertently the fuel filler puts E20 in the vehicle, what is its impact both for short term or long term on the vehicle and has Toyota released any guidance on the same?Can the members please guide?
Old 13th May 2024, 14:58   #2973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manveet84 View Post
I have a Hycross Hybrid without the E20 sticker in fuel lid. As most fuel in metros and big cities have e20 compliant fuel being sold and all new Hycross vehicles are E20 compliant, if inadvertently the fuel filler puts E20 in the vehicle, what is its impact both for short term or long term on the vehicle and has Toyota released any guidance on the same?Can the members please guide?
I also have the E10 version of the Hycross. I have been using both for more than a year now. None of the pumps here have any markings of whether it is E10 or E20 petrol and I can't be bothered to ask every time either.

I'm guessing all of these pumps are E20 or atleast greater than 10% ethanol these days because I don't think any company is going to sit around selling E10 petrol without advertising it while another company enjoys the massive monetary benefits of selling petrol with 20% ethanol at the exact same price. They would either need to stoop to their level or be run out of business.

Toyota sold the E10 Hycross for about 3-4 months. There is no way they produced 2 different engines just for 4 months. It would just not make financial sense.
I have observed that Toyota is very methodical about not wasting anything.
So I am assuming they used some old E10 fuel lines or fueling systems that they already had lying around in supply for the initial batches. The E20 sticker cars were introduced after they used them up.

Using E20 isn't going to cause any issues in the short term. The car already has the required sensors for ethanol blended fuel. Since it is not E20 material compliant, letting E20 fuel sit in the tank for a very long time ( 6 months or more) without using the car might lead to corrosion in the fuel lines or fuel tanks. As long as the car is used, I don't think it would cause any problems.

Remember, the engine used in the Hycross has a very high compression ratio.
The M20A-FKS used in the non-hybrid variant has a 13 : 1 compression ratio and the M20A-FXS used in the Hybrid variant has a 14 : 1 compression ratio.
Unless you are planning to use premium higher octane fuel, E20 is the best bet to prevent the ECU reducing power to prevent engine knock.

Last edited by Cresterk : 13th May 2024 at 14:59.
Cresterk is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 13:30   #2974

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityRoadster View Post
Anyone has got GX(O) delivered? I booked one on Feb 29 and so far no news on delivery.
I booked in April and SA says delivery in Aug 2025, though till date no message from Toyota regarding delivery time .

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th May 2024 at 13:32.
outlandish77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 19:24   #2975
BHPian

Hello.

It's been a month since I picked up my Innova HyCross VX and I have driven around 950 KM*in that period. The first service at 1000 KM/1 month is thus imminent. I have a few questions with respect to the same.

1. The app shows that this service is only for inspection purposes. Should I expect any change of parts or fluids? Is the same mentioned in the manual or user guide for the 1000 KM service? I only find it for the 10,000 KM service and beyond.

The documentation with respect to the smiles package indicates that it applies only for the 10,000 KM and 20,000 KM services (no mention of 1000 KM service like in similar packages shared here (Toyota Innova Hycross Review)). Therefore, any labour or parts need to be paid for by me.

2. The app shows that the additional jobs that could be opted for are tire rotation (Rs. 279), wheel balancing (Rs. 651) and wheel alignment (Rs. 1116). Should these be opted for towards better maintenance? I don't sense any pull or vibration in the steering wheel.

Moreover, I am worried about the technicians' handling of the process after noting the scratched alloys (Toyota Innova Hycross Review) of Cresterk.

3. Without the additional jobs mentioned above, the app estimates the charges to be Rs. 420. What is this for, apart from the inspection? Does it include washing as well?

How close are the actual costs against the above estimates? Does GST apply additionally?

4. Must I opt for engine oil change at this time to remove all of the metal shavings it might be contaminated with due to the running in of the new engine?

5. Are we allowed onto the service bay to follow the inspection along? This probably depends on one's rapport with the dealership. I was at the bay during the fitment of accessories and the application of underbody coatings. No objections were raised.

Thank you for your inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post

10k kms service and warranty update

It has been your average stress free toyota ownership experience. Still, I'm very meticulous when it comes to our cars so I had made a little list of things I had noticed and wanted to get looked at.
I am assuming the list was made using another app and not the Toyota one against the service in question. Is that right? Also, do you have a PDF version of the manual that you could share?

Last edited by dearchichi : 14th May 2024 at 19:53.
dearchichi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 20:17   #2976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearchichi View Post
1. The app shows that this service is only for inspection purposes. Should I expect any change of parts or fluids? Is the same mentioned in the manual or user guide for the 1000 KM service? I only find it for the 10,000 KM service and beyond.

The documentation with respect to the smiles package indicates that it applies only for the 10,000 KM and 20,000 KM services (no mention of 1000 KM service like in similar packages shared here). Therefore, any labour or parts need to be paid for by me.
I rechecked my service history in the App.
  • The first service is only inspection and wash and costed nothing as it is covered under free service. Since the Toyota does not recommend any oil change at 1K, I think it should not be needed.
  • The oil change was done in 10k service and it was charged. Only the inspection of 10k service, wash were free. I opted for wheel alignment and balancing and was charged additional as quoted. I think quoted prices are pre-gst.
gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 20:45   #2977
BHPian

Quote:
Hello.

It's been a month since I picked up my Innova HyCross VX and I have driven around 950 KM*in that period. The first service at 1000 KM/1 month is thus imminent. I have a few questions with respect to the same.
1000 km service is just an inspection and checkup nothing major, there is no oil change or any other part changed in this service, so it should be free, generally, it is free so don’t worry too much, The main service will be started from 10000 km onwards.
For me and many others who did 1000km or 1 month, it was completely free maybe there is some glitch in the app so don’t worry it will be completely free.
Oil change is not generally required at the 1000km mark go with what Toyota recommends and avoid unnecessary things and services that dealers might add.
manofinfinity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 21:58   #2978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotouringSundar View Post
Would like to ask the GX owners here, what is mileage you are getting on the highways ? Attaching a picture of my first highway run from dehradun to delhi and back. This was with mild ac running.
Tank to tank method mileage is close to 17.5.
Wow, that's a highly promising economy extracted out of the GX, close to hybrid, what was the speed range? how much are you getting in city?

I am delighted to note this as I am waiting for my GX(O), mostly going to be used for highway drives
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 00:52   #2979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello.

2. The app shows that the additional jobs that could be opted for are tire rotation (Rs. 279), wheel balancing (Rs. 651) and wheel alignment (Rs. 1116). Should these be opted for towards better maintenance? I don't sense any pull or vibration in the steering wheel.

4. Must I opt for engine oil change at this time to remove all of the metal shavings it might be contaminated with due to the running in of the new engine?

I am assuming the list was made using another app and not the Toyota one against the service in question. Is that right? Also, do you have a PDF version of the manual that you could share?
It is only for inspection and washing. They might top up windshield fluid if it's low. They spent about 2 hours gathering readings from the hybrid battery for my car and the "coasting" regenerative braking behaviour had slightly changed when I got it back. Probably changed some values in software.

Do not do any wheel balancing, alignment etc at this time. No car needs that by just 1k kms. Do it at 10k if required.

I would recommend doing an oil change. You don't really need to but you can insist on it and pay for it out of pocket. My car sounded noticeably smoother and quieter at high RPMs after the first oil change and I wish I had pushed for it during 1st service itself. It's not even that expensive, so go for it.

I don't have a PDF of the manual. Toyota has made it pretty much impossible to view it except through their Toyota Connect app.
Cresterk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 08:35   #2980

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Wow, that's a highly promising economy extracted out of the GX, close to hybrid, what was the speed range? how much are you getting in city?

I am delighted to note this as I am waiting for my GX(O), mostly going to be used for highway drives
Speed range was 80-90. The thing to note is that with mild Ac the car can push high mileage numbers. With Ac the mileage was closer to 17-18 at the same speeds. For highway runs this does have enough grunt and power to keep things moving. The mileage is with primarily 3 people on board with loads of luggage. Would not be expecting these numbers with 5-6 ppl onboard with luggage.
In city iam averaging 11 (tank to tank). Have driven only 1500kms or so till now.

Posting a highway figure with ac as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20240511_224432.jpg  

MotouringSundar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 08:35   #2981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotouringSundar View Post
Would like to ask the GX owners here, what is mileage you are getting on the highways ? Attaching a picture of my first highway run from dehradun to delhi and back. This was with mild ac running.
Tank to tank method mileage is close to 17.5.
That's a fantastic FE you've achieved. I have been getting 14-15 kmpl on Highways (Tankful Method). Ride quality is really good due to high side profiles but still due to tires, I have kept it slightly lesser than recommended value. I am sure I'll get even better figures if I up the pressure.

What Fuel Economy one gets depends on how you drive. I have always said that this NA Non Hybrid Petrol is a capable engine, on highways there isn't much difference between Hybrid and Non Hybrid. Inside city, the hybrid is better choice but there too one has to know how to drive one to extract good figures.

Last edited by KarthikK : 15th May 2024 at 11:18. Reason: Minor typo correction
Old 15th May 2024, 08:58   #2982
BANNED

Quote:
Hello.

1. The app shows that this service is only for inspection purposes.
Its true. There is nothing done on the car except few inspection, cleaning etc.

You can refer my post above where i have put my experience with 1st service.

You need not to worry about known factor like scratches etc., They allow you to see the service happening in person.
UD17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 11:25   #2983
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I Toyota has made it pretty much impossible to view it except through their Toyota Connect app.
I have started downloading the manual from online Toyota portal (not app). Here are few attached:

1.pdf

adaptive cruise control.pdf

ADAS features.pdf

before driving.pdf

emergency_errors.pdf

fuel.pdf

Innova customizable features.pdf

Innova PCS.pdf

instrument cluster info.pdf

instrument cluster info2.pdf

instrument cluster.pdf

LDA.pdf

LDW.pdf

Radar .pdf

Setting adaptive cruise control.pdf

Setting normal cruise control.pdf

specifications.pdf

steps in case of emergency.pdf

[ATTACH=TKM - INNOVA Owners Manual.pdf]2606136[/ATTACH]

Toyota DVR Manual.pdf
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TKM - INNOVA Owners Manual.pdf (441.9 KB, 127 views)
UD17 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 11:35   #2984

Hi all. My first post on the forum. I’ve placed an order for an Innova Hycross ZX (O) and expect to get delivery in the next month or so.

The vehicle will be delivered in Bangalore while I live in Kochi. I am planning to drive the vehicle down myself after picking it up from the showroom.

Being a relative newbie to the automotive scene, requesting input on a couple of things from the knowledgeable folks on this forum

1. I want to add some paint protection to the car - either in the form of a ceramic coating or a PPF. Which one would be better? Also, would it be okay to get it done in Kochi post the drive down from Bangalore or do I need to get it done right away in Bangalore? Please do recommend some good places to get this done in both locations.
2. Similarly, I am planning to add a dashcam. My limited web research has me leaning towards 70mai A810. Would this be an appropriate dashcam or are there better options out there?

Please do help with your thoughts.
Old 15th May 2024, 14:21   #2985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketballnet View Post
Hi all. My first post on the forum. I’ve placed an order for an Innova Hycross ZX (O) and expect to get delivery in the next month or so.

The vehicle will be delivered in Bangalore while I live in Kochi. I am planning to drive the vehicle down myself after picking it up from the showroom.

Being a relative newbie to the automotive scene, requesting input on a couple of things from the knowledgeable folks on this forum

1. I want to add some paint protection to the car - either in the form of a ceramic coating or a PPF. Which one would be better? Also, would it be okay to get it done in Kochi post the drive down from Bangalore or do I need to get it done right away in Bangalore? Please do recommend some good places to get this done in both locations.
2. Similarly, I am planning to add a dashcam. My limited web research has me leaning towards 70mai A810. Would this be an appropriate dashcam or are there better options out there?

Please do help with your thoughts.
Wherever you get the coating or PPF from, know that it’s not a one time process. You will have to take it back every now and then to get it professionally cleaned and decontaminated, generally every year.

There are some very good ceramic places in kochi itself. I got it done from Ultimate Detailerz Kochi using Carpro CQUARTZ finest reserve. They have been very helpful in getting rid of stubborn contaminants every now and then that I couldn’t remove myself.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks