Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2024, 01:55   #2956
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalanallahudug View Post

I have an iPhone and an Android. The wireless Carplay connectivity is not a problem though I have experienced drops in connect. It does connect back on restart. My wired Android connectivity has never worked.

Any help will be useful
I couldn't get android auto to work when I bought the car. Buying a new cable solved the issue.

This is the one I am using:
PowerArc by Spigen [2 pack] USB-A to C Cable 60W, 5Gbps Fast Charging Cable for iPhone 15 Series/Samsung Galaxy S23 / OnePlus/MacBook/iPad Pro Air/Pix https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07YXFZ4GZ/..._m72XSzZe62dTp

On a side note, I sorely miss wireless android auto on this car. It's laughable that my Honda City has it, but the Hycross doesn't.

Last edited by sleepyk : 9th May 2024 at 01:57.
Old 10th May 2024, 12:15   #2957

Regarding DTE estimation, my hycross vx (15k on odo) has delivered more or less satisfactory result. One or two times in my whole ownership period (9 months) it over measured DTE. There is a small tip for those who are in problem due to erroneous DTE estimation.

1. Do tank full at autostop.
2. Reset total average after making the tank full. (This reading is fairly accurate)
3. Reset any of trip A or B metre.
4. The car usually takes in 40-42 litre of fuel if you tankfill it after low fuel warning.
From total average, and trip distance you can easily estimate how far it can travel more.
Old 10th May 2024, 21:57   #2958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Here is a neat little feature .

Created a video guide too:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=pNdsJpWeN8Y
This has to be done every time? Or does this feature remain on till the time you keep it activated or something?
sanketdesai82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 23:45   #2959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
This has to be done every time? Or does this feature remain on till the time you keep it activated or something?
Every time as a ‘use when you need it’ feature.

If you want the lights to stay on every time by default, then you either need a Toyota OBD scan tool to set it as the default, or you need to take it to a Toyota dealership and have them do it.

Same as the windows and sunroof open and close with keyfob feature I enabled.
Old 11th May 2024, 12:17   #2960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Here is a neat little feature I discovered while cleaning the car. You can pull the headlight lever back after turning off the car to activate follow me home headlamps.
I don’t own a Hycross but in my car, I can set the follow me home time - like 15 - 60 seconds. Doesn’t Hycross have the settings to change the same?
Jangra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 13:08   #2961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
I don’t own a Hycross but in my car, I can set the follow me home time - like 15 - 60 seconds. Doesn’t Hycross have the settings to change the same?
Nope, no such setting in the MID.

My i20 also has that setting in the MID. But for the hycross you need to do it this way.

Last edited by Cresterk : 11th May 2024 at 13:11.
Old 11th May 2024, 15:02   #2962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Toyota cars (atleast in India) don’t have an option to set the duration for which the follow-me-home headlights remain on for.

The Innova Crysta since 2016 and Fortuner since 2017, also get follow-me-home headlights where the duration for which the follow-me-home headlights remain on is 30 seconds by default and is something which can’t be altered.

In Toyota cars, the headlight stalk should be in the ‘Auto’ position and then the stalk needs to be pulled once towards us after switching off the car, for the follow-me-home lights to activate. The ‘off’ position on the headlight stalk as we know is being removed from all Toyota cars slowly (the HyCross, facelifted Fortuner and Hilux don’t get it), meaning the default position of the stalk is always ‘auto’.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 11th May 2024 at 15:07.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 20:40   #2963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
Hi BHPians,

Sharing a bit of scary incident I suffered yesterday morning due to low battery in the car. My learning from this incident is that having portable jump starter kit is essential. Planning to purchase one. There are lots of options on Amazon. There is one from MGA (Maruthi Genuine Accessories) as well. Any recommendations are welcome. The desciption of the incident and my experinece with emergency RSA is given below.

[/url]
Unfortunately, the same problem occurred with my HyCross and that too when it was barely 4 months old and driven under 3000 km.

My purchase was through Nandi Toyota Kudlu Gate.

This problem occurred multiple times over a period of 2 months. All Toyota would do is deny that there is a problem.

I found the SA at Nandi Kudlu a combination of being extremely respectful (to the point where it sounds forced) and condescending.
They asked me questions / commented wherever I put the car in D or R, do I close the doors before locking the car etc. They simply would not agree to there being a problem.

The scary part was that the occurrences were intermittent and I didn’t know where I would be when it would fail me.

Nandi also kept the car for 2 days and said no problems except that they had to top up the acid in the battery.

Finally once I couldn’t take it more and stopped being the nice guy.
They agreed for a temp battery swap, sent my battery to Amaron who took 2 weeks to admit that it was a faulty piece and gave a new battery under warranty.

And all the while making it feel like I don’t know to drive “Sir, maybe because it’s your first automatic no” (which it is not), “

Never visited Nandi Kudlu since then.

Sadly Bangalore doesn’t have much choices except Nandis and a Ravindu (which also doesn’t have great service apparently) - hit and miss from dealership to dealership and SA to SA.

It’s been close to 4000 km post that incident and battery change, and absolutely no problems since then.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 21:27   #2964
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I have been looking for roof box to carry luggage for long trips when full family is going. I searched Thule, Away (Indian brand), Pentair (China) and Farad (Italy). Finally zeroed in on Farad due to competitive pricing compared to Thule and easy fit and remove options using quick fix (https://www.faradworld.com/en/1693-f...aradblock.html)

I purchased Farad Koral 630L black roof box (https://www.faradshop.in/p/koral-630...or=lucid-black) and Aluminium 130mm aerodynamic roof bars with fitting kit. The kit sold for Innova Crysta works for HyCross also i.e ALU 2 130 + BI 022 - https://www.faradshop.in/p/alu-2-130...pa_color=black . Overall price was Rs. 80k. Got a bundle discount of Rs.4.5K and additional Dec 2023 new year discount of 10%. Ended up paying around Rs.68K.

Mr. Kalpesh (WhatsApp: +91 93260 89919 ) who runs Farad India was very helpful. I had contacted him around Apr/May 2023 and was waiting for his confirmation till the Farad kit was tried on HyCross. Finally bought it in Dec 2023. But I had not used it. Fitted it only this weekend since I am planning for a trip. I was able to fit it myself with Farad instruction videos on Youtube and clear instructions given for each kit.

I will share further updates after completing the trip. I need to watch out for noise coming from air moving under box and roof bars. Will see how it goes.

Below are photos of box fitted on my HyCross.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-roofbox1.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-roofbox2.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-roofbox3.jpg  

gladiatort1000 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 10:34   #2965
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,

I have been looking for roof box to carry luggage for long trips when full family is going. I searched Thule, Away (Indian brand), Pentair (China) and Farad (Italy). Finally zeroed in on Farad due to competitive pricing compared to Thule and easy fit and remove options using quick fix (https://www.faradworld.com/en/1693-f...aradblock.html)

Below are photos of box fitted on my HyCross.
Hi gladiatort1000 for this info.

How easy is it to install and uninstall? Does it require any drilling (like in side steps) or is it bolt on and off.

Context of the question being that in some places specially basement parking in some buildings, may not have the height clearance for a HyCross with a rooftop box.

Though I must admit, the HyCross looks with the box !
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 12:01   #2966
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Hi gladiatort1000 for this info.

How easy is it to install and uninstall? Does it require any drilling (like in side steps) or is it bolt on and off.
Roof bars and roof box are different products. Roof box is one of the accessories that can be installed on roof bar. Another one is bike carrier - https://www.faradshop.in/pc/bike-carriers/

The roof bar itself is installed via clamps and no drilling is needed. It just requires a supplied allen key. See this video for installation instruction of kit BS (kit used for Innova) -

This is another video of Farad roof bar installation done on Crysta -

The roof bar can be left installed on the car. The roof box has options of traditional clamps and screws (which is a hassle) and another type called Quickfix to install it on roof bar - see below video -

The Koral 630 model I have comes with Quickfix. Hence it is easy to install and uninstall without any tools in few minutes. I plan to keep on roof bars and only install the roof box when there is need.

Once you get a hang of fixing the roof bars, if you choose even that can be uninstalled and installed in 15-20 mins using the supplied allen key.
gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 14:04   #2967

Anyone has got GX(O) delivered? I booked one on Feb 29 and so far no news on delivery.
Old 12th May 2024, 19:17   #2968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Hycross ZX Tyre Upgrade
I feel this is the tyre size that Toyota should have provided as stock as it makes the car look far more proportional than the stock 225/50/18 tyres that look undersized (in my opinion).

How is the feedback been so far? And do you mind sharing the details of the place you got it changed at?

We are taking delivery of the same and considering changing the tyres to better rubber. I am still not sure if I want to upsize them to 225/55/18 because of the considerable (>2%) overall change.

Experts can share their opinions

Thank you!
Old 12th May 2024, 23:34   #2969
Distinguished - BHPian

Any clue what tire size this is ?

Looks so much better than the low profile 225/50/R18s that come stock with the ZX trim of the HyCross. Although by the looks of it, this tire will definitely be touching the bumper while turning the steering lock to lock.

I believe it’s 235/60/R18 which is the OEM tire found in the current Hyundai Tucson. Can’t make out the tire size from the picture…

Picture is from a used car dealer in PB, where the ZX and ZX(O) trims are available in abundance (some with 0kms on them) and with upgraded tires like this example.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_7718.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 12th May 2024 at 23:40.
Old 13th May 2024, 00:37   #2970

Would like to ask the GX owners here, what is mileage you are getting on the highways ? Attaching a picture of my first highway run from dehradun to delhi and back. This was with mild ac running.
Tank to tank method mileage is close to 17.5.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20240512_182125.jpg  

MotouringSundar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed