Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2024, 17:19   #2941
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Comparing 3-Series or C-class with Hycross makes not much sense here as both are catering to different people and needs.

The drive experience of BMW/Audi (or any sports sedan for that matter ) cannot be expected in Hycross which is just an MPV and vice versa is also true w.r.t practicality.
Old 3rd May 2024, 15:02   #2942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
Recently acquired the Hycross ZX(O). A small story of coincidences and acquisition.
Congratulations on your new acquisition! Happy and safe motoring!

Well, at the first place, TDing the german luxuries was completely out of that adrenaline and enthusiast feel that you (and many of us) have when car shopping. As a matter of fact, generally, it is strongly recommended to do window shopping 1 segment above and below our budget for a fair comparison and to understand the market dynamics.
3 Series or C class nor any of the sedan will be an upgrade for your requirements from the City. In fact, none of the sedans (within your budget) will meet your requirements at all. The only thing is that you could have been more satisfied and happy, had you also driven the X1, X3, Q3, Q5, and also negotiated heavily on the cost (especially Audi). Probably you would have bought a Q3/Q5 now.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 15:33   #2943
BANNED

1st service updates: ODO:1300 Kms

Took appointment through the Toyota i-connect app for 9.30am today. The estimated service time mentioned was 1.5hours in the app.

- I reached Sharayu Toyota at 9.30am, till the time the SA was assigned it was already 10am.
- SA registered the details of my vehicle and by 10.10am they took the vehicle from parking. Asked me to remove the memory card from the dashcam. The estimated delivery time mentioned was 12.15pm.
- SA informed that its just inspection, no oil change or any other work
- Water, coffee was offered promptly
- The overall vibe inside the service center looked very dull
- The service center was jam packed by 10.30. Mostly Innova's (both individual and Taxi), Some fortuners, some Hycross'es. Most are with owner representatives.
- After few follow ups finally vehicle arrived at bay @1pm.

They did not charge anything. The service bill although shown 11 INR. Overall a low key affair, although took more time than i expected.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-5.jpg

You can track the progress and the vehicle status (door, windows, trunk, keys etc.) in the app

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-4.jpeg

Carpets were vacuumed properly
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-3.jpeg

Rear seats:
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-2.jpeg

Front seats, the screen was not cleaned properly though.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-1.jpeg
UD17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 17:12   #2944
BHPian

Folks,

Is anyone else facing the issue of DTE fluctuations when starting the car? Whenever my family turns on the car, the DTE decreases by at least 20 kilometers even without driving it. I plan to have it checked at ASC during my visit to India this summer.

Today, as per the Toyota Connect app, the DTE was at 170 Kms and after driving for few Kms, the DTE got suddenly reduced to 22 Kms and I was in shock after seeing this.

This has become a serious issue in the Hycross. Ours is VX Hybrid, bought in Jul 2023 and run 26,500 Kms till date.

Any solution for this issue?

I have posted the same previously but didn't get any reply for this.
car_guy1998 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 20:42   #2945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Folks,

Is anyone else facing the issue of DTE fluctuations when starting the car? Whenever my family turns on the car, the DTE decreases by at least 20 kilometers even without driving it. I plan to have it checked at ASC during my visit to India this summer.

Today, as per the Toyota Connect app, the DTE was at 170 Kms and after driving for few Kms, the DTE got suddenly reduced to 22 Kms and I was in shock after seeing this.

This has become a serious issue in the Hycross. Ours is VX Hybrid, bought in Jul 2023 and run 26,500 Kms till date.

I’m guessing your fuel gauge isn’t reading correctly. Seems to be a known glitch with the hycross. Mine used to go up drastically whenever I parked on hills. Mentioned it at 2nd service and they did some update that fixed it.
Cresterk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 20:47   #2946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I’m guessing your fuel gauge isn’t reading correctly. Seems to be a known glitch with the hycross. Mine used to go up drastically whenever I parked on hills. Mentioned it at 2nd service and they did some update that fixed it.
Thanks for the reply.

What update did the service center guys do and did that update resolve the issue?

As far as I heard, even other Toyotas sold internationally are facing similar issue.
Old 3rd May 2024, 20:49   #2947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Folks,

Today I had the same problem in my Hycross which was manufactured in March 2023 during the first 1,2 months of ownership Dte would suddenly get reduced by about 70 to 80 per cent but it resolved automatically and since then now about 1 year it has never happened again.

I had the same problem in my Hycross which was manufactured in March 2023 during the first 1,2 months of ownership Dte would suddenly get reduced by about 70 to 80 per cent but it resolved automatically and since then now about 1 year it has never happened again.
manofinfinity is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 20:57   #2948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
I had the same problem in my Hycross which was manufactured in March 2023 during the first 1,2 months of ownership Dte would suddenly get reduced by about 70 to 80 per cent but it resolved automatically and since then now about 1 year it has never happened again.
But still facing the problem which is annoying me a lot even after the odo is more than 26k Kms as of today.

Our car got last serviced in end of Feb when the odo was at 20,293 Kms and I guess service center guys didn't find this issue.

I'm seriously disappointed with Toyota in this aspect though the car is doing well apart from this issue. I've been facing this issue since day 1 of purchase.
Old 3rd May 2024, 21:32   #2949
Senior - BHPian

My Hycross doesn't have this issue, DTE is accurate and fuel gauge doesn't move when parked on slope. Mine is GX. I guess this is specific to Hybrid variants.

Only issue or you can say discovery is that DTE in my car hasn't crossed 590 kms mark when needle is full tank, and fuel tank cuts off at 40-42 ltrs.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2024, 00:02   #2950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

Only issue or you can say discovery is that DTE in my car hasn't crossed 590 kms mark when needle is full tank, and fuel tank cuts off at 40-42 ltrs.
Isn't that normal? There will be around 8-10L in reserve to prevent stingy drivers from ruining their fuel pump by running it close to dry. My Hyundai also understates the fuel capacity.

DTE is calculated on the usual mileage and varies according to driving style. I don't think a non-hybrid will be getting the same mileage as the hybrid so 590 is reasonable. I get around 680kms range on a full tank fill on the hybrid variant.

These days, i am noticing significant reduction in mileage that I think is due to the harsh heatwaves. The AC is powerful but it sucks out quite a lot of fuel on full blast.

Last edited by Cresterk : 4th May 2024 at 00:07.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 11:54   #2951
BANNED

Weekend Drive updates after 1st service:

- Pune to Bhimashankar (Via Muncher). Tanked the car with 42 liters of petrol.
- Start time: 5.45Am
- Reached Bhimashankar parking at 8.00AM. Mileage: 16.3 KMPL (used power mode all along with AC/Music)
- Temple was not very busy so we were done by 9.30am.
- Tried some off-road path to find a quite place for breakfast break at 10am.

The temple premise is undergoing with a lot of construction work. The system, right from parking till exit is completely messed up right now.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-1.jpg

Drove 2 kms across rough patch to find a serene and calm place to enjoy home made food.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-2.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-3.jpg
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-4.jpg

Home made coffee:
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-6.jpg

The descent from Taleghar to Dimbhe was mostly done on EV mode. The dimbhe dam water was dries up to a very low level that we can can see full dam wall, all the cuts, curves and cervices at the bottom of the dam. The scene urged me to drive some off-road to the bottom of the dam. Did some quick inspection and discussion with local fishermen and undertook the calculated risk (with no 4X4 capabilities). It was really one fun drive which i could undertake due to higher ground clearance although 4X4 was not required mostly.

The way taken from main road (Dimbhe-Malin road):
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-12.jpg

This is where we landed finally after driving 1kms off-road:
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-7.jpg
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-8.jpg

Water is at quite low level now, we can see the full dam wall:
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-9.jpg
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-10.jpg
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-11.jpg

This is the very first time, i could use the exclusive 'EV mode' in my Hycross. I guess, the early morning drive in power (PWR) mode helped adding juice to the hybrid battery.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-13.jpg

Key learnings from this trip:
- Power mode is really good. It provide enough thrust for the car to gain speed in the ghat section with the loaded car
- Moderate off-road can be done with this car (like i did where GC matters most)
- The overall fuel efficiency with onwards journey (in power mode) delivered 16.3KMPL. I guess not a huge penalty to use PWR mode.
- Engine is quite vocal in ghat section with PWR mode
- This car is not slow, it gains speed quite nicely without any breathing issues all along (Ghats, Highway or country roads)

Overall Kms covered 243 Kms, Mileage: 16.2KMPL. Total odo:1599 Kms (after 37 days of ownership).

Mods please move the post if not relevant here.

Last edited by UD17 : 6th May 2024 at 11:59.
UD17 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th May 2024, 22:44   #2952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I'm being offered return to invoice, tyre protect, rat damage protection, key cover, engine protect, 0 dep, unlimited claims etc for 60k.
I have my insurance renewal due for my ZXO next month. What insurance did you end up taking? How much did it cost? I am getting quotes of ~46K after excluding a few add ons, and ~65K with all add-ons selected.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 8th May 2024 at 00:01. Reason: Removed duplicate post, thanks.
Old 7th May 2024, 22:59   #2953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
I have my insurance renewal due for my ZXO next month. What insurance did you end up taking? How much did it cost?
I took the Toyota insurance itself for 60k. No one else was giving me all 3:
Tyre + rim protect, rat damage protection and return to invoice combined.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 13:55   #2954
BHPian

My speedometer glass/plastic is getting a lot of scratches despite using a clean microfiber cloth. Has anyone else faced this? Has anyone sourced a screen protector for the same?
Tourer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 14:51   #2955
Senior - BHPian

Here is a neat little feature I discovered while cleaning the car. You can pull the headlight lever back after turning off the car to activate follow me home headlamps. Never saw it mentioned anywhere, including the manual. This car seems to have a lot of little hidden features that Toyota didn't bother advertising.

Created a video guide too:

Cresterk is online now   (29) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks