Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2024, 11:58   #2911
BANNED

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpthy View Post
I’m getting my one year service done of my ZX(o) today and the service advisor has recommended the following additional services:
1. Engine Flush
2. Engine Additive
3. Injector Cleaner Petrol

This is at Millennium Toyota, Andheri. Are these really required?
Personally, I do not feel these are required so early on. I'd consult the owner's manual and proceed accordingly. Most of these treatments are money-making gimmicks.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 15:20   #2912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
I think they are additional jobs carried out by the dealer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
Personally, I do not feel these are required so early on.
These jobs got done on my car as I could not communicate to the SA on time. I should have been more vigilant when I gave an initial ok to them. Anyway, lesson learnt.
mpthy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 22:58   #2913
BHPian

Today must have been a lucky day for me.

Got BHP membership approval today. It's great to be here.

Able to book Hycross VX 8 seater today after months of research and reading each and every post of this thread. All the information in this thread greatly helped to narrow down our choice of variant. At least for now, negotiated with dealer to got quote without accessories, Insurance and VAS package.

Now the Great Wait starts.
krrisdrive is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 23:13   #2914
BHPian

I have faced my first mechanical failure in my Hycross which has done 18,000 Kms in 5 months , the fuel flap refused to close after refilling.
Upon inspection I figured out the locking pin (a small white pin) wasn’t locking properly which was causing the fuel cap to open. I called up the service advisor and he told me to take a pliar and push the bracket where the pin locks inwards towards the tank and voila it worked.
Has anyone else faced this issue? Since the service advisor knew what the problem was is this an reported issue?
Rajjaiswal92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 17:01   #2915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krrisdrive View Post
Now the Great Wait starts.
Congratulations, great choice!
2 Questions - In which city did you make the booking and how long did the dealer say it would take for delivery?
Old 24th April 2024, 20:25   #2916
BHPian

What is the full tank range you guys are getting?
In my 1 year of usage which included a mix of city and highway usage, My VX Hybrid gives around 650-700 before showing a low fuel warning and around 30 km of range left.
Also, the service centre guys told me that the reserve tank is approx 10l -12l and it is true as it only takes around 40l to refuel so even with low fuel I am expecting approx 100kms more can be covered.

Last edited by manofinfinity : 24th April 2024 at 20:27. Reason: Typo
Old 24th April 2024, 20:40   #2917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
What is the full tank range you guys are getting?
Around about 720 Kms, i have seen my mileage dropping drastically during the summer months, probably the air conditioner is taking its toll.
During the winter season it used to show 760 Km+.
Old 25th April 2024, 08:17   #2918
Senior - BHPian

Team, I am getting my hycross allotted soon and would like to know if there are specific PDI checks that I need to perform for Innova hycross and hybrid in general

Thanks in advance
Old 25th April 2024, 09:35   #2919
BHPian

Does anyone know what variants are being sold for commercial use (taxis)?
Old 25th April 2024, 17:09   #2920
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Team, I am getting my hycross allotted soon and would like to know if there are specific PDI checks that I need to perform for Innova hycross and hybrid in general
Just go through the T-BHP PDI Checklist and you’re good to go.

OT: Which variant had you booked and how many months did you have to wait for it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
Does anyone know what variants are being sold for commercial use (taxis)?
For commercial use, the HyCross is available in G SLF trims (where SLF stands for Speed Limiting Function), although there are enough VX Hybrid commercial plate vehicles plying on the roads as well.

In fact in Mumbai, I saw a number of Invictos as well wearing the yellow plate. And just because the Invicto gets diamond cut alloys in all trims, the vehicle looks much more premium vis-a-vis the HyCross GX / VX.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2024, 18:43   #2921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
although there are enough VX Hybrid commercial plate vehicles plying on the roads as well.
Thanks for the reply! Is the hybrid also directly available for commercial use or is it the result of some workaround?
Old 26th April 2024, 09:38   #2922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetzap View Post
Congratulations, great choice!
2 Questions - In which city did you make the booking and how long did the dealer say it would take for delivery?
Thanks.

Navi Mumbai and 8-12 months.

In fact, they tried to offer GX or ZX on immediate basis, but I refused.
Old 26th April 2024, 10:05   #2923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post

Thanks in advance
Congratulations on the allotment of the Innova HyCross.

I ran through the attached PDI checklist for the VX allotted to be me two weeks ago (sources mentioned in the sheet). Everything checked out.

Some items to note:

1. Budget at least two hours for the exercise. Take a friend with you, for you might be too excited or stressed to run through all of items in the list patiently.

2. Tell the dealership that you might be back for another pass of the PDI should you have additional items to check out.

3. Try to arrange for the PDI in the yard of the dealership, since you might get to drive the vehicle around for a bit. Once there, park the car in shade while inspecting it (the vehicles at most yards are open to the elements; it might get too hot inside for you to check everything out, and paint defects might not be visible under glare).

4. If you aren't allowed to drive it, ensure the hybrid system is functional (depress the ignition switch while applying the brakes; a "READY" message should appear on the MID after the vehicle initializes itself, indicating that the hybrid system is ready to be used).

5. Check if all the self-check routines pass upon initialization (depress the ignition switch while not applying the brakes; all check lights on the MID should eventually disappear but for the power-steering and check-engine ones).

6. Check if the engine oil marker on the dipstick is at the right level (the oil would be clear and the level might be difficult to discern visually).

7. Check the manufacturing dates of all tires. I could not figure out the same for one for the tires on my vehicle (no date marker following the "DOT" on the tire; another vehicle did not have these markers for any of the tires; I'm not sure why).

8. If you have a portable tire pressure monitor with you, use the same to tally the TPMS display.

9. Check for the E20 sticker on the fuel cap.

10. All the new vehicles I inspected had the plastic sheet only for the driver's seat and the screen protector for the ICE and not for the MID.

11. If the vehicle jerks when shifted away from "Park"(P), follow the below while shifting it back to P and check again for jerks (which should now disappear):

1. Apply brakes
2. Shift to N
3. Apply EPB
4. Release brakes
5. Reapply brakes
6. Shift to P

Good luck.

Toyota Innova Hycross PDI.xlsx
dearchichi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 12:38   #2924
Senior - BHPian

In addition to the above, pay special attention to the following things:

1. Loose steering wheel buttons that have too much play in them.

2. Creaking sounds from the front center armrest when you rest your arm on it

3. Poor finish on the AC vent adjuster where sharp plastic juts out where it is joined together.

4. Creaking noise from the steering wheel trim

5. Whether the mudguards are fitted properly.

6. Whether there is a gap between the front of the sunroof shade when it is closed.
Cresterk is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2024, 23:33   #2925
BHPian

Some interesting trivia regarding the Innova Hycross engine:
-2.0 NA engine codenamed M20-FKS is also used in post-2018 models in Corolla, Camry, Rav4, Lexus ES 200(non-hybrid), Corolla Cross and minivans like Noah and Voxy.
-2.0 Hybrid Version codenamed M20-FXS is used in the latest generation 2022-23 Prius replacing the 1.8L engine used earlier.
manofinfinity is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks