Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2024, 23:45   #2866
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Could you share the details of the dash cam you installed and whether you got it installed from the showroom itself?

Thanks
I have purchased a Qubo dashcam Pro 3K one. I am yet to install it. I haven't checked if the dealer can install it for me. I was planning to take it to a car accessories guy.
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 23:15   #2867
Distinguished - BHPian

Rumour: The HyCross ZX and ZX(O) bookings are officially re-opening from tomorrow (01/04/24).

Will it be the end of black marketing by dealerships, is something only time will tell, I think it will but at the expense of the lower variants (hybrid variants) since their production has been curtailed to boost ZX and ZX(O) production…

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 31st March 2024 at 23:27.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 23:49   #2868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Man this looks so sexy, can’t believe I’m calling an Innova sexy, but it is what it is

Source: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C34pX...R6NTU5YXRnMw==
I can feel the anticipation building up for your HyCross.

A person in our society has changed his HyCross' tail lights, similar to the ones shown in this reel. Another Platinum White Pearl HyCross ZX(O) has been converted into dual tone with a matte black roof.
ex-innova-guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 13:30   #2869
BHPian

Hycross ZX Tyre Upgrade

The day after i took delivery in January 2024 i changed the tyres to Yokohama RV02 225/55/R18 from the stock size of 225/50/R18.

This tyre size fills the wheel well better and is also very silent. Fuel economy hasn't been affected as my Hycross regularly returns 19 to 21 kmpl and the highest I've seen is 25.7 kmpl in City traffic with AC on.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20240401_130027.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20240329_163529.jpg

I feel this is the tyre size that Toyota should have provided as stock as it makes the car look far more proportional than the stock 225/50/18 tyres that look undersized (in my opinion).
Manuuj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 14:50   #2870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Hycross ZX Tyre Upgrade

The day after i took delivery in January 2024 i changed the tyres to Yokohama RV02 225/55/R18 from the stock size of 225/50/R18.

This tyre size fills the wheel well better and is also very silent. Fuel economy hasn't been affected as my Hycross regularly returns 19 to 21 kmpl and the highest I've seen is 25.7 kmpl in City traffic with AC on.

Attachment 2588757

Attachment 2588758

I feel this is the tyre size that Toyota should have provided as stock as it makes the car look far more proportional than the stock 225/50/18 tyres that look undersized (in my opinion).
Looks great! How did it cost you?

Try to get the speedometer recalibrated at Toyota if possible. Currently, it will be displaying a bit less than the cars actual speed due to different tyre diameter.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 14:57   #2871

Hello fellow BHPians,
I took delivery of my Hycross ZX(O) in the second week of march.
Have been loving it ever since.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-whatsapp-image-20240401-2.36.57-pm.jpeg
Got a couple of Mods done to the car right after the delivery.
The diamond cut wheels were beautiful but it had to go.
Got the stance wheels with the continental uc5 suv tyres 235/50/18's.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-whatsapp-image-20240401-2.33.20-pm.jpeg
Got a gloss PPF done to the car. The downside of owning a black car is that it gets dusty soon, and we cannot stand seeing the car that way. So to avoid all the swirl marks that happens during the car wash, a PPF was a must.
Along with the PPF, got 3m 50% visibility Tints installed. And got all the chrome parts done in black chrome.
Also got Azoom fog projectors installed. Although it does not make a significant difference, it does help. Does anybody have a solution to solve the poor visibility of the stock headlights? Please recommend.
Next thing to do is install a dashcam!
Attaching all the pictures.
[ATTACH=WhatsApp Image 20240401 at 2.33.20 PM 1.jpeg][ATTACH=WhatsApp Image 20240401 at 2.33.20 PM 2.jpeg][ATTACH=WhatsApp Image 20240401 at 2.33.20 PM 4.jpeg]Toyota Innova Hycross Review-whatsapp-image-20240401-2.33.20-pm-5.jpeg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-whatsapp-image-20240401-2.33.20-pm-4.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-whatsapp-image-20240401-2.33.20-pm-2.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-whatsapp-image-20240401-2.33.20-pm-1.jpeg  

Enthusiast 1212 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 17:38   #2872

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Rumour: The HyCross ZX and ZX(O) bookings are officially re-opening from tomorrow (01/04/24).

Will it be the end of black marketing by dealerships, is something only time will tell, I think it will but at the expense of the lower variants (hybrid variants) since their production has been curtailed to boost ZX and ZX(O) production…
Official site has removed the booking halted disclaimer from the site so seems like this might be true. I wonder if this is attributed to lesser sale of Invicto than expected and the quota going back to manufacturing Innovas.
Old 1st April 2024, 17:40   #2873
Distinguished - BHPian

The ZX and ZX(O) bookings have officially re-opened.

Prices for the VX and VX(O) 7str and 8str have been increased by ₹25,000.

And the ZX and ZX(O) prices have been increased by ₹30,000.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-68dc6629cd31477f926a3b01af98718e.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 1st April 2024 at 17:43.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 18:46   #2874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Looks great! How did it cost you?.
Rs. 15,000 in total with the exchange of the 4 tyres OE Goodyear Assurance tyres.
Manuuj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 20:11   #2875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearchichi View Post
Below are the prices drops at reduced the GST rate at cesses of 15%, 22% and 0% considering today's ex-showroom price.

I don't see where the Rs. 7L difference is coming from, unless it's based on the fact that today's cess is at 22%, which would be reduced to 0%.
Yes, Motoroctane has made a one math mistake per 10 words here!. Below is the section of their article reproduced in italics.

Currently, GST (28%) + Cess (15%) on hybrids is 43%. Nitin Gadkari has urged to slash the GST to 12%, leading to GST (12%) + Cess (15%) =27%. So hybrids could get cheaper by 16%. For example, if the current ex-showroom price of a car like Innova Hyrcross is Rs 25 lakh (including 15% cess + 28% GST), then under the new taxation the ex-showroom price of the car would reduce to Rs 18 lakh (15% cess + 12% GST). This gives us a massive saving of 6 lakh making hybrids even cheaper than their petrol counterparts in some cases.

If the journalist possessed even 6th standard level math skills, he/she would have arrived at the correct revised price, once GST goes from 28%+15% (i.e., 43%) to 12+15% (i.e., 27%) rate structure:

25 lakhs ÷ 1.43 * 1.27 = 22.2 lakhs.

That results in a reduction of ex-showroom price by 2.8 lakhs, not 7 lakhs!

Secondly, the journalist speaks of a 16% price reduction - Even the extremely math challenged will know that a 16% GST reduction (from 43% to 27%) does not translate into a 16% price reduction as the price is basic cost plus GST

Thirdly, after all the bumbling calculation, the journalist claims that a reduction from 25 lakhs to 18 lakhs is a reduction of 6 lakhs! Now we have regressed to flunking 2nd standard maths from 6th standard.

God know where he/she got 18 lakhs from, since even a 16% price reduction he claims previously will only get one to 21 lakhs!

If one thinks they can avoid math 100% for all of one's life by becoming an auto journalist, one has another think coming.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 1st April 2024 at 20:25.
84.monsoon is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 10:04   #2876

Amazing, Love the spirit of adventure & spontaneity! Curious if you encountered snow anywhere, how was it driving Hycross in snow without AWD? Any blog/vlogs of the trip?

I would love to do a similar trip once I get my Hycross, presently I have a Crysta which is good but its not a pleasure to drive in the city or hills.
Old 5th April 2024, 13:58   #2877
Senior - BHPian

Anyone renewed their insurance for the 2nd year from Toyota?

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot-20240405-1.24.45-pm.png

I'm being offered return to invoice, tyre protect, rat damage protection, key cover, engine protect, 0 dep, unlimited claims etc for 60k.
This is including 20% no claim bonus. This is not including the 3rd party insurance which has been purchased at time of buying the car which is valid for 3 years.
Variant is Hycross ZX(O).

My current insurance is Toyota protect that was also purchased from the dealership. 60k is a bit steep but I would rather just take insurance from Toyota itself while the car is new for peace of mind in case of any mishaps. I don't want to run around from office to office.

However IDV is only 24L which is a bit worrying. I'm guessing it won't matter due to return to invoice addon being present? Also current insurance provider is ICICI and this new proposal is from Reliance. Both are Toyota protect but I'm wondering if sticking to one insurer would be more worthwhile in the long run. Any insight would be appreciated.

Last edited by Cresterk : 5th April 2024 at 14:01.
Old 5th April 2024, 19:37   #2878
BHPian

Get a insurance quote from outside and share it with Toyota. They will match the price for sure.

After sharing the price with Toyota agent, she dropped around 9k from their quote (43-34) this was for my Hyryder.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th April 2024 at 09:03. Reason: Please capitalise names. Thanks.
Old 6th April 2024, 12:27   #2879
BHPian

I was told by SA, that the GX O variant On-Road price around 27.5 lakhs. This sounds like a good option.
Just wondering what would be the resale value of a Hycross Petrol car.
Or would you guys say, I am better off with a full loaded Carens.
Here is my primary ask.

Why upgrading - Our trusty S-Cross has been serving us well for the past 7 years. We have done around 40K kms. Want to upgrade primarily because it's been 7 years and the itch of a new car has been for about 2 years now. I held back the purchase because we were building our new home and the home loan held me back. Our 2nd one, a baby boy, joined us in early 2022, so had other priorities to tend to.
Now I feel it's a better time to buy a new car.

* Primary use - Will primarily be used for road trips. About 6K kms in a year. Will occasionally be used in city about 2k to 3k kms in the city.

* Lots of space. - We are a family of four. My kids loves to pack everything for the trip. We run out of space quickly. I currently use an overhead bag to provide the additional space and has been serving well.

* Good highway stability - This is a must have. S-Cross is absolutely fantastic and aces in this area. This is one of the reasons I am unable to decide on a car. Yes, my home-loan is also telling me not to spend a lot on a car.

* Fuel economy - Is an added bonus. I use an EV (MG Comet) for my city rides. So I am OK as long as I can get atleast 12 KMPL on highways.
* NVH - This is one area S-Cross is below average. A good NVH is a must have.
* Years of ownership - I want this car to serve at-least 10 years.

* Peace of mind - This is non-negotiable. Reason I am staying away from Germans is for this reason. Want to stay with Maruti/Toyota/Korean. I love what Mahindra is doing. Will stay away from TATA for now.

* Gadgets - I am not a fan of too many features. I want the basics to be right. Just like the S-Cross. A no non-sense car. If Carens provides all the goodies, I don't mind having it. Practicality takes precedence though.

Resale Value - I value good resale value. Will buying the Hybrid Hycross V/S the Petrol help me get better returns. Considering a 10 year cost of ownership.

My choice - My heart is on the Hycross. Better half says it is too big for us, Carens is enough. My brain also says Hycross is a better option. Carens is a VFM though

Looking forward to hear expert opinions to help with the decision.
RROD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 13:03   #2880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
I was told by SA, that the GX O variant On-Road price around 27.5 lakhs. This sounds like a good option.
Just wondering what would be the resale value of a Hycross Petrol car.
Or would you guys say, I am better off with a full loaded Carens.

Looking forward to hear expert opinions to help with the decision.
Just go with the Hycross eyes closed, just a week ago I went to check out Careens with a friend who was considering it, and everything is good actually it is better in terms of space and also a third row is usable for 2 adults but when it comes to performance and driving feel I just felt disappointed, we test drive the diesel AT and it felt underpowered, we were just 3 people, I can imagine it’s performance under full load and it will be not very great.
As a Hycross owner myself, I felt the driving position to be very hatchback compared to the commanding position you get in Hycross, also the driver seats feel small and cramped in the Carens and the overall NVH is also much better in the Hycross.
Also if the budget permits go for the Hybrid variant in the long term it will be better in terms of mileage and resale value you will get.
manofinfinity is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks