Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2024, 22:50   #2731
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Have hycross for almost 12 months now and I would not say it is full of niggles car.

2 issued I faced

1 firstly head light throw and not much break through solution in that
2. Frequent wired car play disconnect in VX which has been resolved with Iphone update

Fuels gauge issue on incline is common for a lot of cars.
I am also a Toyota owner for almost 12 years now and it’s definitely a better brand then any other I have owned including BMW Audis Škoda’s , Hondas
samitjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 23:47   #2732

I bought Hycross zx in September 2023. Had no issues of any rattling sound until December and gradually the noise increased to an irritating level on rough roads. I believe it originated from sunroof. Got it checked at Galaxy Toyota but after 5 hours they couldn’t resolve it. Took the car to MFG Peeragarhi and after 2-3 test drives they finally used a spray on all the gasket areas on all doors, sunroof and boot door. Finally, the car was completely silent on rough patches. It worked fine for one month and again the noise started in January. To me it seems cold weather of Delhi is the reason for this noise due to contraction of gasket. Will come to know more in the summer months ahead. BTW, it seems to be emanating from sunroof.
Old 15th February 2024, 03:56   #2733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Just look at how cold the Innova Crysta niggles thread went cold after a couple of years, unlike the perpetual ones of TATA and Mahindra.
I'd say that the Crysta took a step up in the overall design of the vehicle. It remains mechanically similar to the First Gen Innova though. The addition of DEF being the one critical update and one that had issues.

The Hycross is a massive step up in every way. For those listed niggles, we must arrive at some data for each, on how many reported instances have there been of the said issue. How many reported per issue, per 100 or per 1,000 vehicles sold. Once we have numbers, that will be useful for Toyota. I am sure the dealers must be doing this sort of data logging and reporting back. However, a solution may not come up in two days or a week. We don't want band aid solutions to problems. That will be more frustrating with the vehicle needing to go back to the dealer in short intervals.
sandeepmohan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 12:51   #2734

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalanallahudug View Post
It is getting to be 10 months of stress free ownership now with my ZX(O) with nearly 8k completed and not a single niggle on the mechanical side of the car. But the ICE has some issues.

I have an iPhone and an Android. The wireless Carplay connectivity is not a problem though I have experienced drops in connect. It does connect back on restart. My wired Android connectivity has never worked. Maybe it is because Carplay is connected wirelessly by default and it does not take the wired Android auto connect request once Carplay is connected. Not sure.

Do any of you have this issue with Airplay not playing Spotify lately. The UI of the Unit shows as if tracks are playing but there is no sound output. I have no problems with Maps or phone call connectivity. Will it need a firmware update? or is it me missing some setting change?

Any help will be useful
Just an update - Spotify has started working again on its own. So, if there are others who face the same problem, please wait it out patiently
chalanallahudug is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 15:18   #2735
BHPian

I own a Hycross ZXO variant. The car has been with me for a year and has seen 3250kms of mixed driving. Use this for my outstation trips mainly. The car is pretty spacious and offers a good ownership experience so far.
However, it’s not all roses and I have noticed some instances of unnecessary cost cutting. The powered mirror adjusting knob is made of poor quality plastic and has already broken twice in the past 12 months. They do not have a child part and I had to buy the whole module. The steering developed a slight Tak-Tak noise on extremes of turning radius. The car was sent to the workshop and the issue has been traced to the steering rack. Still awaiting resolution, as the part has been ordered and is yet to reach the dealership.
Old 15th February 2024, 18:15   #2736
BHPian

Dear Hycross owners,

I am confused between Hycross GX (7 seater) and 2023 Mahindra AX5 Diesel AT (5 seater):

Here is the quick comparison of the important features:
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-hycrossvsxuv7oov1.jpeg

Interiors of 2023 Mahindra AX5 (MT):
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-ax5.jpeg

Interiors of Hycross GX:
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-gx.jpeg

Both are similarly priced around Rs.25.5L on road at Bangalore (2023 XUV7OO models may have some discounts)

Missing defogger in such a huge Hycross is not problem?

What do you recommend?
Old 15th February 2024, 18:43   #2737
BHPian

As you seem to be from Karnataka, there is no diesel ban at 10years. Hycross petrol doesn’t make sense compared to similarly priced Diesel. You might want to consider Safari which is fresher than XUV and might be comparable or even better in certain aspects
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 22:19   #2738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
I am confused between Hycross GX (7 seater) and 2023 Mahindra AX5 Diesel AT (5 seater):
There is a GX(O) being launched soon I believe, basically the GX Festive Edition variant minus the limited stock availability.

There is no mention of this variant on the website as of now.

GX(O) should be worth waiting for, if you’re going for the Petrol HyCross.

CEF_Beasts is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 10:20   #2739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post

A mesh was installed in the dash are for around 1 to 1.5k. Below is the photo of the mesh installtion.
Attachment 2563760
Attachment 2563761

After this repair and mesh installation. I have continue dto use the 3M RAT Spray on monthly basis and has not seen any traces of Rats coming inside my car.

So getting mesh installed seems to be good idea. I suggest others to try this.
Hi did Toyota install this mesh for you or was it done outside ? Honda quotes 4K for a similar mesh which is pure robbery . If it was an outside vendor could you please share the details here ?
Old 16th February 2024, 10:37   #2740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
Hi did Toyota install this mesh for you or was it done outside ? Honda quotes 4K for a similar mesh which is pure robbery . If it was an outside vendor could you please share the details here ?
Installation was done at Toyota dealer service center. I did not enquire outside as it may void warranty.

One of my friend got mesh work done on wires in engine bay for his Tiago from a person called Kumar 9019318101. Photos of Tiago engine bay are attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-6defb4b546514f3fa40171c72290b16f.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-cc41f414c4884cf68776e8d50cb2a813.jpeg  

gladiatort1000 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 11:55   #2741

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
There is a GX(O) being launched soon I believe, basically the GX Festive Edition variant minus the limited stock availability.

There is no mention of this variant on the website as of now.

https://Youtu.be/kPkC7R067UI?feature=shared
Petrol Hycross with some good features will sell if rightly priced. This variant has it all and people with low running will prefer it over XUV700 (petrol).
SacManBet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 14:22   #2742
BHPian

Quote:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3Kop...Z2bWFpdjZ6bQ==

The latest issue on the HyCross, the media car’s fuel gauge stopped working and showed the tank as full even though it had reached the E mark and they ran out of fuel.

PPS: The day writing mails to Toyota India started getting re-directed by them to dealerships was the day when this mess started.
Thank you for this post, CEF_Beasts. As a fellow long time Toyota user and new Hycross owner, I can certainly appreciate all that you have written.

Back when the original Innova, Fortuner and Hilux were developed, the market and the philosophy which worked were very different. They were meant to be super durable Toyota vehicles for emerging markets. Corners must have been cut, but they were still REAL Toyotas which had no pretensions of being fancy crossovers. They had to be solid, hard wearing and durable. That is exactly what the customer wanted. Even the Crysta and Fortuner 2nd gen were essentially re-skinned iterations of the first gen cars, maintaining the same solid underpinnings.

Today, the market has moved on. Very few customers care about the mechanical purity or the fit and finish. To appeal to the masses, you need to give all the possible gizmos, a fuel efficient motor, comply with all the emissions and fuel norms and do all this at a competitive price. As a result, almost no car is built like the good old days. Is the screen laden W214 nearly as durable as a W124 from 3 decades ago? No way. Examples of old W124s are still running as taxis in some African countries. Can you imagine a new W214 even living that long?

The epidemic has also hit the Innova. The Hycross may carry the Innova brand name, but it has changed the Innova formula in its entirety. FWD, petrol, hybrid, automatic, monocoque, feature loaded and…Value for Money! These changes have addressed all the ‘shortcomings’ of the old Innova, but have given rise to new ones.

The bottom line is, the Internet is a place where you will find enough negative content about every single car to make you not want to buy it. The occurrences with the Hycross are unfortunate, but are quite rare. Also, none of them seem to be breakdown inducing faults. Back when the Internet hadn’t invaded our lives as much, nobody thought about such decisions with such great depth. Imagine, if every YouTuber had drummed it into the heads of the public that the Qualis is a cheap, noisy, outdated breadbox that Toyota thinks it can dump onto third world markets, nobody would have thought that it was a desirable car. Anybody who faces any issue with a product or service goes straight to his/her keyboard to type it out and let the whole world know. Machines and moving parts will always have things going wrong. Producing cars on such a large scale will certainly lead to issues with a few units. What matters is how effectively does the manufacturer reduce the number of defects per 1000 cars and how effective are the dealers in resolving the concerns. The BHPian who had the brake pad issue has posted how Toyota has been researching about his issue and has tried to do R and D on it. That is so much better than manufacturers who have random, serious and frequent issues with their flagship products and have no clue about resolving them.

I myself just took delivery of a new Hycross ZX (o) in Sparkling black colour. It is a very tech loaded car and feels very modern. Your insights helped me to a great extent to arrive at this decision. I went to take delivery in my dad’s 2021 Crysta GX 2.4. I could certainly feel that the Crysta has better quality plastics, feels better screwed together and somehow, also feels more effortless to drive. The Crysta also trumps the Hycross on certain design aspects. For instance, the rear AC vents are positioned better. The ingress-egress is easier. The dashboard design appears more cohesive. But then, one can’t deny that the Hycross is a major improvement in terms of tech, efficiency, refinement and comfort. If the Hycross satisfies your use case, you should certainly stick to your booking. If possible, try and get it quicker by using some contacts at the dealership/TKM.
As has been said on the forum, no such thing as a perfect car.

PS. Thanks for your detailed comparison of Hycross Vis a vis Kodiaq and Fortuner. Really helped me pick the right car:
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_6412.jpeg  

Sanidhya mukund is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 14:33   #2743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This would be a variant worth waiting for. But the video shared doesn't show the said variant, instead it is the Hybrid variant as seen on the tailgate. I hope this video is not a clickbait kind of thing.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img20240216wa0006.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 15:38   #2744
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
This would be a variant worth waiting for. But the video shared doesn't show the said variant, instead it is the Hybrid variant as seen on the tailgate. I hope this video is not a clickbait kind of thing.

Attachment 2573440
The Hybrid ZX(O) trim has been used for representation purpose.

I had commented about no information being available yet on the official website about this new GX(O) trim to which the creator (who works at a Toyota Dealership) mentioned that the variant prices are yet to be announced but Pan India dealerships have been given information about this variant already.

Toyota’s official website will be updated once the price is announced by them.

The GX(O) trim should reach showrooms by April is what he has mentioning in the comment section in response to another comment.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 01:57   #2745

My VXO 8 seater is getting delivered next week. I want to get the fabric seats replaced with leather and am looking at options from Ovion and Stanley. Has anyone got this done? What is the approximate pricing in Bangalore? Stanley is offering something called "classic drive" and Ovion has different grades of leather called "Scandinavian" and "Highland". If anyone is familiar with these, please let me know which one is comparable to the Stanley offering.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks