Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2024, 09:01   #2686
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Thanks for the ownership summary thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyk View Post
Toyota also sells a dashcam with both front and rear recording facility. Have asked the dealer to order one of those, and will get it fitted as and when it is delivered.
I'm hearing this for the first time. Do you have a pointer to the specifications of this dashcam? How much would this cost? Would the installation of this by hardwiring (assuming it supports parking mode) not void the warranty?

Thanks.
dearchichi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 11:06   #2687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearchichi View Post

I'm hearing this for the first time. Do you have a pointer to the specifications of this dashcam? How much would this cost? Would the installation of this by hardwiring (assuming it supports parking mode) not void the warranty?

Thanks.
It's a Toyota branded dash cam, so guess it doesn't void warranty, since it's also fixed by showroom. I paid 15K for this. There is no parking mode continous recording, but they said there is an impact based recording while parked. Not sure how to check this though.
samm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 11:42   #2688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilsequeira View Post
Hi BHPians, I am getting a mileage of 15.2 Km/L on the MID which is also the same that i get in the full tank method. Usually drive within the city. Driven around 3k+ within the city mostly. Got my car in September'23. I believe the ARAI rating is around 23 KM/L. I am generally very soft on the accelerator pedal and drive in normal/auto mode all the time. I have been to a couple of trips outside the city- BLR to Goa and Yelagiri. Not sure if the driving style is not correct or something else. I also see the fuel guage suddenly going down when I start driving compared to the start of the last drive. It keeps varying sometime at the start of the drive. Any inputs on this will help. Thanks.
FE will increase gradually as you clock more km, try to use the cruise control as much as possible, I have seen the best FE using cruise control even in the city and for short distances and I would suggest changing the summary when you turn off the car from the eco score to trip average summary data where trip FE will be shown and you will see real-time FE of the distance covered.
manofinfinity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 12:30   #2689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearchichi View Post

I'm hearing this for the first time. Do you have a pointer to the specifications of this dashcam? How much would this cost?
Thanks.
Kindly take a look at the attached screenshot

I have also uploaded an internal Toyota dealer accessory guide I found online and a price list I downloaded a while back.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20240131_122700_drive.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2023_ Innova HyCross Accessories Information Guide .pdf (2.02 MB, 303 views)
File Type: pdf 2023_ Innova HyCross Accessories Pricing-Dealer .pdf (20.9 KB, 783 views)
sleepyk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 19:10   #2690
BHPian

Recently saw this video of a Malaysian rally champion testing the Hycross handling and performance to its limits, he seems impressed.

manofinfinity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 00:07   #2691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I seem to have missed this post, could you please post some pictures of your HyCross ZX with 16 inch Crysta alloys.

TIA
Sorry for the delay, here are a few not so good quality pictures (taken in haste and in low light).

Quote:
So according to you an authorised Toyota dealership will not allow me to switch to Crysta’s 17 inch alloys that I want on the HyCross, even if I buy it from them.

TIA
Not exactly. They seemed to be not so keen and knowledgeable. Their claim that alloys meant for other cars won't fit it is true at least for hyrider, because the hub size, PCD specs and even lug nut hole size/shape are indeed different. This is probably because that is a Maruti product. But it was not so for Crysta. From what I can see, Crysta wheels are an exact match for Hycorss. The offset is a bit different as compared to original alloys, but that that is actually meant to keep the wheel face at the exact same level (I mean it ensures that the wheel doesn't get either pushed in or popped out)

Quote:
Also please let us know which shop did you get the alloys from and where is it located.

TIA
Will PM you.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-95b1138cdb964787998a6f0c7a885161.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-a04398e18d714e7a92e30a2049bd5479.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-c2502e87d65a489883e6fbf8877b3516.jpg  

santosh.s is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 08:31   #2692
Senior - BHPian

Never thought this will happen with Toyota but here we are!

A rattling Hycross Taxi!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C23ih...QwcDBlejJoOA==

Hope this is a one of case and not the new norm from Toyota. Else the whole auto industry is going to a use and throw culture which is not at all environmentally friendly or cost effective.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 09:39   #2693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post

A rattling Hycross Taxi!

Hope this is a one of case and not the new norm from Toyota. Else the whole auto industry is going to a use and throw culture which is not at all environmentally friendly or cost effective.
What really stood out for me in that reel is how bad the sound insulation is. You can’t hear our own thoughts over that loud pitter patter. Sounded like sitting in a WagonR in rains.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 19:01   #2694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

A rattling Hycross Taxi!

Video/audio does not indicate any rattling or squeaks, so better to hear it from real owners from our forum instead.
Old 3rd February 2024, 20:11   #2695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

A rattling Hycross Taxi!

Another interesting thing if one sees the video with an eagle-eye is the hybrid charge-power meter instead of the tachometer one sees in what is the base Petrol GX model.

So from where did Toyota get this GX Hybrid variant in India ?!

That’s definitely not the VX Hybrid variant.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 20:24   #2696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Video/audio does not indicate any rattling or squeaks, so better to hear it from real owners from our forum instead.
If it was all praises, yes, I would've come to the same conclusion too but it's very unusual for mainstream automotive media, supported by the car makers themselves, to criticise or highlight an issue with the vehicle.
Old 3rd February 2024, 21:29   #2697
BHPian

Quote:
Another interesting thing if one sees the video with an eagle-eye is the hybrid charge-power meter instead of the tachometer one sees in what is the base Petrol GX model.

So from where did Toyota get this GX Hybrid variant in India ?!

That’s definitely not the VX Hybrid variant.
Yeah, it’s weird, how this variant exists I don’t know, Gx with Hybrid, and also in the description location mentioned in Delhi NCR.
What is this variant?
Old 7th February 2024, 19:25   #2698
BHPian

Anyone who had installed a welcome door lamp from Toyota in Hycross what was the cost of parts and fitting?
My ASC is quoting 4500 for 2 doors.
Old 7th February 2024, 22:14   #2699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
Anyone who had installed a welcome door lamp from Toyota in Hycross what was the cost of parts and fitting?
My ASC is quoting 4500 for 2 doors.
I paid 5200.00 for it
Old 8th February 2024, 10:53   #2700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post
I paid 5200.00 for it
What is a welcome door lamp? Please, can you share some pics?

I believe all hybrid models come with the courtesy lamp placed under the ORVM (next to the cameras), is that not helpful?

Last edited by chaotic : 8th February 2024 at 10:56. Reason: add quote

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks