BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
VX
Save money
6 airbags are standard
Easy to maintain - No sun roof, no ADAS and unwanted points of failure
Q - How useful is the OEM fog lamp on hycross(I see it is LED) ? Is it better to stick to after market fog lamps instead ?
Q - Does the VX music system come with wireless apple car play ? It seem to have everything else (except smaller size)

VX(O)
I get Sunroof, fog lamps and bigger music system
Q - But does it justify 2.5 lakhs ? We no longer have 6 airbag exclusivity here
VX comes with 8” audio system and NO wireless apple car play.
The major difference is Sun Roof. if you need a different interior ambiance especially in the morning and evening rides or even in long rides.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 26th January 2024 at 01:26. Reason: spacing
payyans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 19:36   #2657

Hi,

Key buttons can be configured for some custom settings. Search for 'customization' in the user manual. Attached is a snapshot for the settings that can be done via mid and which need to be done at service centre.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_2024012419300092_5a9fb28a14ef6c923fc3463d362f3602.jpg  

Old 24th January 2024, 20:58   #2658
BHPian

Had booked the Hycross for PPF application at Retro Rraps in New Delhi. They do a very professional and transparent job.

Material used was Paintguard Professional PPF with 5 year warranty.

Process followed:

-They first applied a light Compound wax on the car and gave it a light pass.

-Washing with foam wash.

-They then applied Finishing wax.

-Washed the car again with foam wash.

-Next step was completely rinsing the car and drying using microfiber cloth.

-Inspection to check for any dust or polish residue.

-Then it was moved to the enclosed PPF booth.

-Door handles, wing mirrors, emblems were removed.

-The sealed PPF box was bought and opened in front of me.

-Application of PPF started.

-Application of PPF ended.

-Full body, front and rear bumpers, front area of the roof, headlights and wing mirrors were covered in 180 micron glossy PPF.

-All items that were removed like Wing Mirrors Door handles etc were then reinstalled and special care was taken to put the emblems back exactly where they were originally.

-Final inspection was carried out and it was then handed over to me

In all the entire process took 2 days. Results are very good and i am quite delighted with how the final finish is.

Cost: INR 90,000/-
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20240123_181713.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20240123_1817380.jpg  

Last edited by vb-saan : 14th February 2024 at 20:36. Reason: As requested
Manuuj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 21:10   #2659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
As mentioned in the above post, I am giving a detailed account of damage caused due to Rat bite and the steel mesh installation done at Ravindu Toyota near the dash area to avoid RAT coming inside.

So getting mesh installed seems to be good idea. I suggest others to try this.
Thanks for sharing the detailed picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernweh View Post
Thanks for the detailed review and pictures.
I faced rat bite on my air filter after 2 months of purchase, Got it changed and also got the metal mesh fixed.
I want to proactively do the same. How much time does it take?
Why car manufacturers are not doing this at factory itself?

Last edited by jthomas : 24th January 2024 at 21:13. Reason: updates
Old 24th January 2024, 21:35   #2660

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
Thanks for sharing the detailed picture.
I want to proactively do the same. How much time does it take?
Why car manufacturers are not doing this at factory itself?
It doesn't take much time, around 45 mins or so for the mesh installation.

I have the same question, why do car manufacturers leave such a big open invitation to rats

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 26th January 2024 at 01:26. Reason: spacing
fernweh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 14:26   #2661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Had booked the Hycross for PPF application at Retro Rraps in New Delhi. They do a very professional and transparent job.

Material used was Paintguard Professional PPF with 5 year warranty.
Congrats on Shiny looking new car. 70k is very reasonable for full body wrap. What kind of material is this PPF made of ? Is this TPU or some other material?

Last edited by vb-saan : 14th February 2024 at 20:36. Reason: Quoted post edited
gladiatort1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 15:21   #2662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatort1000 View Post
Congrats on Shiny looking new car. 70k is very reasonable for full body wrap. What kind of material is this PPF made of ? Is this TPU or some other material?
Thank you brother. This is 180-185 micron TPU material with self healing and comes with 5 year warranty as well.
Brand is Paintguard Professional PPF.

Last edited by Manuuj : 25th January 2024 at 15:24.
Manuuj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 19:15   #2663
Senior - BHPian

Today I visited Sonak Toyota located beside Pune - Bangalore highway to checkout the Hycross Vx (O). As per the sales guy, waiting period is 2 years. Is this the same in other states?
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 20:48   #2664
BHPian

Has anyone noticed any rattles or squeaks coming from the cabin?
In my Hycross I am noticing some rattling and squeaking not from the dashboard but like from the door panels at the rear and it’s coming from the windows in the second and third row like they are loose from the inside or something that is there from the beginning but I just ignored and considered it as normal but yesterday, when I was travelling in Crysta, noticed there were no rattles or squeaks anywhere in the crysta, one thing is sure crysta cabin feels more rugged and abuse friendly compared to hycross, even on rough roads where the hycross would produce much rattles or squeaks crysta felt rock solid, need to get this checked and rectified at the next service.

Last edited by manofinfinity : 25th January 2024 at 20:50.
manofinfinity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 21:03   #2665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
In my Hycross I am noticing some rattling and squeaking not from the dashboard but like from the door panels at the rear and it’s coming from the windows in the second and third row like they are loose from the inside
No rattles or squeaking, I usually do not have any music playing, windows are rolled up at all times, so would have noticed if the sound was present.

The one sound that is irritating is water bottles jumping up and down and creating noise in the door storage. They should have provided soft padding out there. I have purchased similar colored microfiber cleaning cloth and placed in each of the four door pads, so the sound does not exist.

Were the door panels opened for any reason earlier (like fixing or repairing anything) and something is left loose? If possible if you can record the sound, that would be useful, and we can correlate and provide view if we have heard that sound.
Old 25th January 2024, 22:34   #2666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
No rattles or squeaking, I usually do not have any music playing, windows are rolled up at all times, so would have noticed if the sound was present.

Were the door panels opened for any reason earlier (like fixing or repairing anything) and something is left loose? If possible if you can record the sound, that would be useful, and we can correlate and provide view if we have heard that sound.
No the door panels were never opened only the seats were removed to fit seat covers.
manofinfinity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2024, 10:33   #2667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
In my Hycross I am noticing some rattling and squeaking not from the dashboard but like from the door panels at the rear and it’s coming from the windows in the second and third row like they are loose from the inside or something that is there from the beginning but I just ignored and considered it as normal but yesterday, when I was travelling in Crysta, noticed there were no rattles or squeaks anywhere in the crysta, one thing is sure crysta cabin feels more rugged and abuse friendly compared to hycross, even on rough roads where the hycross would produce much rattles or squeaks crysta felt rock solid, need to get this checked and rectified at the next service.
I can report having some squeaks coming from left rear area. somewhere near rear AC. Planning to get it checked.
Old 26th January 2024, 16:48   #2668

My Wagon R started getting rat bites all of a sudden a couple of years ago. Rats always attacked the wiring and I was tired of going to the service center again and again. When nothing else worked, people suggested me two options.
1. 3m spray - won't permanently solve the problem. The spray must be applied regularly and is useless if not thoroughly applied.
2. Get underbody mesh cover

I enquired at Maruti service about getting the mesh. The service manager who attended to my rat bite complaints earlier took a couple of days to enquire around and said it can't be done as the chassis has to be drilled through to fix the mesh, something with a Maruti Authorized Service Center would never do (this would even void warranty). When rats bit through wiring again and I couldn't even drive the car to the service center, he did tell me to get the mesh done somewhere near JC Road after he restored the wiring.

Maruti sales guys who heard this tried to sell me their more expensive cars which came with some underbody protection, but a thorough enquiry revealed that the protection was only under the engine and will not fully stop rat entry.

Instead of going to a totally unknown guy at JC Road, I went to someone elsewhere based on the reference of my bike mechanic I know from decades. He did a thorough job and haven't seen rat bites for more than a year now, though I regularly see rat droppings around my car.

I am now considering a bigger car and went to a couple of Maruti showrooms. I asked the sales guys if mesh installation can be done on Day 1 before delivery without voiding warranty. Both sales guys I met promised me a callback but haven't reverted. I'm going to try a Hyundai showroom next, in a few days. Let's see.

Anyone else sailing in the same boat?
Old 26th January 2024, 19:23   #2669
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatte View Post
I am now considering a bigger car and went to a couple of Maruti showrooms. I asked the sales guys if mesh installation can be done on Day 1 before delivery without voiding warranty. Both sales guys I met promised me a callback but haven't reverted. I'm going to try a Hyundai showroom next, in a few days. Let's see.
I wonder why any manufacturer has not come forward with the mesh fitment as a standard or optional accessory, if it is indeed so effective against rat bites. This is a common problem and I had to get my previous BMW repaired at least 4 times in the period between 2020 and 2022 before I finally sold it. It cost 20-25 each time to repair the wires.

If manufacturers can indigenize global cars to add areas on the dash to keep idols, why not add a rat-proofing mesh?
Old 26th January 2024, 21:44   #2670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Today I visited Sonak Toyota located beside Pune - Bangalore highway to checkout the Hycross Vx (O). As per the sales guy, waiting period is 2 years. Is this the same in other states?
VX(O) seems to be a parking queue as Toyota is reluctant to even manufacture this variant. I am being offered either VX or even top end ZX(O) with a shorter waiting period in Bangalore instead of my current VX(O) (unknown waiting)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks