Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2023, 13:18   #2551
NGM
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
Booking post

I had made 2 booking in Sep end. Today I got a sms which states that I could track my booking sequence. Link - https://bta.qristix.com/.

Following are the status, if someone could help me decode what they mean by waiting period in the first screenshot - "next update in Feb".
Does this mean that my vehicle is expected to be delivered in Feb, as I am the first in the queue ?
Is this a dealer link or from Toyota direct?
Old 19th December 2023, 13:32   #2552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
Is this a dealer link or from Toyota direct?
Toyota's link as my bookings are from different dealers and both of them are showing up on this. I suppose honcho's sitting up in Japan were made aware of premium being charged by the showrooms here and they created this for better transparency.
Old 19th December 2023, 13:43   #2553
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting Drag Race between the Innova HyCross Hybrid and Mahindra Scorpio-N Petrol AT :

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-860e63ce18db4b298967c8520a1ee0ce.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 19th December 2023 at 13:46.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 15:00   #2554
Senior - BHPian

For those who have booked hycross, does toyota provide any sort of tracking ? My local dealer in bangalore says no.

I have just a receipt for the booking indicating a booking number. So far I have not even got an SMS from Toyota that I have booked the hycross so I am wondering how transparent this process is ?

I am not in any hurry but more of curious about this whole process, I know a few who have just managed to get the car within a week of booking because they agree to spend a bomb on all blingy accessories so are we at the mercy of dealers on this ?
Old 19th December 2023, 18:58   #2555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
For those who have booked hycross, does toyota provide any sort of tracking ? My local dealer in bangalore says no.

I have just a receipt for the booking indicating a booking number. So far I have not even got an SMS from Toyota that I have booked the hycross so I am wondering how transparent this process is ?

I am not in any hurry but more of curious about this whole process, I know a few who have just managed to get the car within a week of booking because they agree to spend a bomb on all blingy accessories so are we at the mercy of dealers on this ?
Even I haven’t received any documentation pertaining to my booking from Toyota India, just dealer-level documentation.

For all new bookings there is a way to track the booking, as shared above by @CA Dhruv.

Only difference is some dealerships create the account in the name of Customer with the customer’s personal details and the others use their own dealership’s details for the account.

Option 1: Where the customer can see his booking status, the dealership I think can’t do any foul play by diverting the car to someone else who is ready to pay a premium for the car.

Option 2: When only the dealership can access these details, there can always be foul play where the customer who is in line can be told his car is delayed, but in reality his car has been given to the person ready to give the premium.

Option 2 is the reason I haven’t any tracking link from Toyota India till date. But I have been added to a WA Grp made by my dealership, which has some Managers, my SA and a CRM.

The last update I got regarding my booking was in September when the dealership said the “Next update will be in the 2nd or 3rd Week of January 2024” which is kind of similar to what’s being shown to @CA Dhruv “Next Update on February 2024” on the tracking website.

Just FYI, I made the booking on 3rd Sept when the dealership was closing for the day, so the booking was punched the next day ie. on 4th Sept 2023. Also what I’m being told is that the waiting period for Blackish Ageha Glass Flakes colour is maximum, since majority have booked the same colour. Hence the higher waiting for this colour compared to others…

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 19th December 2023 at 19:08.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 19:47   #2556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Since everyone is sharing their fuel efficiency figures, here's mine for the past week with the full tank - full tank method

Attachment 2541505
Fueled up to full tank at 7660 KMs

Attachment 2541506
Fueled up to full tan k again at 8350 KMs. Ignore the trip meter as it only shows the mileage since the car was currently started. It drops rapidly if you keep it idling since you are basically traveling 0 kms which means 0kmpl.

Attachment 2541507
It took 38.53L to fill it up the second time which give s us the amount of fuel used in between. Refueled both times at the same pump.

Distance travelled : 690 kms
Fuel consumed = 690 / 38.53 = 17.9KMPL

This was mostly over hilly roads as I drove from Angamaly to Pattanamthitta and back through Pala. The road was pretty decent and my dad and I had a hoot on the hairpins in sport mode. Very happy with the mileage since it is around the same as what I get on my diesel i20 which is way smaller and lighter.

One thing to note is that the mileage of the Hycross drops rather fast if the car needs to recharge the hybrid battery while it is staying still or crawling in traffic. The engine never idles in the Hycross, it either revs up high in order to charge or it will just turn off. It doesn't seem to be as efficient at charging the car while staying still as when a percentage of engine power also goes to turn the wheels. You can give a slight kick on the accelerator to force the engine to turn on during normal driving to recharge the battery if you know that you will be stopped for a significant time later on. I do this when I know I will be approaching a railway crossing gate or signal to ensure the car doesn't turn on to power the AC while I'm stopped.
On fuel efficiency: My Hycross Vx Hybrid in Delhi NCR has done approx 14k Km since April purchase. These days it is consistently returning figure of 21-22 kmpl. My driving approx is 50-55 km on the days i take it out and includes 30 km of expressway in noida and rest in Delhi. i have realised mileage is above 20 only when it is taken for a drive over above 10 km in one go and not below that. locally the trip mileage comes out to be between 15-16. also the key is to use normal mode in city drive and avoid over speeding. when vehicle is driven in the range of 50-60 mph, it usually shifts to EV mode which helps in returning good figures
Abhijeetsinha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 21:01   #2557

Quote:
Originally Posted by subrasri View Post
Hi - Would like some advice from Chennai hycross hybrid owners.
I am looking to consider VX 8S variant, yet to test drive.
Between Lanson and Harsha which one is recommended from pricing, delivery experience and waiting period? So far I visited Lanson Koyambedu last weekend as it was nearer and got the price list from Lanson. Anywhere we can negotiate - e.g insurance is mentioned as 1.2 lakhs and accessories- 65k?

I would say both are not transparent. It is due to the Toyota not handling the booking order and priority and it has left with dealers. So they are playing with all premium payments, known contacts, etc. before you get your car.
I had a very bad experience with Lanson, Pallikarani and they are not even ready to respond to my calls or messages.

Even I raised a concern to Toyota and their response is default and no support can be expected from them. So i would suggest to go with the dealer where you have known contacts.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-toyotanoreponse.jpg
AnanthOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 01:38   #2558
BHPian

I too would like to know how I could track my booking, made last month. I haven't got any email or SMS from Toyota, only dealer level confirmation of the booking (Ravindu Toyota, Bangalore). They have promised to deliver the vehicle in March.

Name:  image.png
Views: 951
Size:  414.3 KB

Did anyone else succeed in checking the status of their booking using the link posted by Dhruv? It isn't working for me.
Old 21st December 2023, 13:49   #2559

Quote:
Booking post

I had made 2 booking in Sep end. Today I got a sms which states that I could track my booking sequence. Link - https://bta.qristix.com/.

Following are the status, if someone could help me decode what they mean by waiting period in the first screenshot - "next update in Feb".
Does this mean that my vehicle is expected to be delivered in Feb, as I am the first in the queue ?
Please share your dealership details, if possible. Been a couple of months since we made a booking at Galaxy Toyota but have not received any such message for checking the status of the booking made, and even my number is not recognized on the portal mentioned in your post.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st December 2023 at 13:55.
Old 21st December 2023, 14:25   #2560
BHPian

After driving my Hycross for 6000Km in 40 days of ownership i can say the following about it .
Likes.
1 - Amazing space , even with all 3 rows up the boot is massive, fold the 3rd row down and you are left with a massive area . Can easily gobble up your long holiday luggage.
2 - Comfort - All seats of hycross are comfortable to sit in , the middle row seats offer all the leg spaces one can ask for , the 3rd offers good under thigh support along with ample head and shoulder room.
3 - Ride Quality - The suspension is on the softer side for me yet the body roll isn’t that much , you glide over most of the bumps , highway undulations are not even felt in the cabin.
4- Mileage - Constantly getting 18-20 KMPL which is amazing for this segment.
Dislikes.
1 - Headlights- Absolutely pathetic one will find it very difficult living with them , highway runs in night during the peak monsoon season would be a nightmare.
2 - Plastic quality- It is all very hard and scratchy, some materials used are absolutely sub standard and unacceptable for the car in this price.
3 - Sound quality - Won’t be surprised if the speakers from my phone sounds better than that provided by Toyota.
5 - Sound from the engine- The NVH levels in the car is good , but the high rev sound that the engine produces when it is both powering the front wheels as well as changing the battery is rough and very unpleasant to your ears , it penetrates the cabin and it is very audible.
In all i can say i’m very happy with my purchase , would recommend purchasing it 10/10 .
Rajjaiswal92 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 16:20   #2561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Even I haven’t received any documentation pertaining to my booking from Toyota India, just dealer-level documentation.

The last update I got regarding my booking was in September when the dealership said the “Next update will be in the 2nd or 3rd Week of January 2024”
I was also added in the whatsapp groups by both and documentation was at dealer level, while one dealer (Uttam) had shared printed document for order, other (galaxy) had assured it on mail. The link was received from Galaxy and was out of the blue, I was not pursuing anyone as want a 2024 model. I have assumed its toyota's tracking as after logging in through my mobile no. shows both the bookings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijeetsinha View Post
On fuel efficiency: My Hycross Vx Hybrid in Delhi NCR has done approx 14k Km since April purchase. These days it is consistently returning figure of 21-22 kmpl.
Are you filling in regular petrol or premium petrol ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbhardwaj View Post
Please share your dealership details, if possible.
Uttam & Galaxy as mentioned below.

After logging in through mobile no. page appears like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by CA Dhruv : 21st December 2023 at 16:21. Reason: Added info
Old 21st December 2023, 18:48   #2562
BHPian

Quote:
I was also added in the whatsapp groups by both and documentation was at dealer level, while one dealer (Uttam) had shared printed document for order, other (galaxy) had assured it on mail. The link was received from Galaxy and was out of the blue, I was not pursuing anyone as want a 2024 model. I have assumed its toyota's tracking as after logging in through my mobile no. shows both the bookings.

Are you filling in regular petrol or premium petrol ?

Uttam & Galaxy as mentioned below.

After logging in through mobile no. page appears like this.
I use regular petrol. what I have realised is it needs to run 20-25 km in one go for hybrid system in the speed rage up to 70-75 kmph to work perfectly. For instance i a sharing today's mileage image. My hycross had done 14672 till today
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_2862.jpeg  

Old 21st December 2023, 21:13   #2563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijeetsinha View Post
I use regular petrol. what I have realised is it needs to run 20-25 km in one go for hybrid system in the speed rage up to 70-75 kmph to work perfectly. For instance i a sharing today's mileage image. My hycross had done 14672 till today

That’s the highest I have seen I usually get around 20, maximum 22.
Did you feel that mileage improved after the first service?
Old 21st December 2023, 21:58   #2564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
That’s the highest I have seen I usually get around 20, maximum 22.
Did you feel that mileage improved after the first service?
Yes it has certainly improved after 10k service. I mostly follow low fuel to low lamp light method for calculating fuel efficiency. while initially i used to cover around 760 km in around 41 ltr before low fuel warning showed up. These days i cover around 915 km before i get low fuel warning which is around 22.5 kmpl. i use cruise feature very frequently. That i think helps charge battery. however my highway figures outside NCR has been dismal and i have managed only between 14-15 kmpl on yamuna/Agra/Purvanchal Expressway. Same thing happens if my drive is less than 10 km then figure returned is between 17-18
Old 21st December 2023, 22:35   #2565

I got surprised today after seeing a huge price difference between 10 days back and now (1.7 lakhs differnence for Chennai on road price). Anyone have any idea or any news came regarding the price increase? Attached the image which I took 11th Dec and today (21-Dec).

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-price11_dec_23.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-price21_dec_23.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-twodatediff.jpg
AnanthOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks