Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2023, 13:20   #2521
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajjaiswal92 View Post
Oh that i know that 5.8/100l is the mileage that is around 17.2 KMPL .
What i was talking about was the semi circle going from 0-30 , between the EV logo and the mileage. The sales rep was sure that gauge indicates how far your battery is charged .
I know about the flow meter in the MID where you can see how the battery is charging or when it is being used .
Most mass market salesreps barely know anything about the product they are selling and when asked about something they don't know, they will just double down with increasing confidence so they don't look like a dumbass who slept through the product training.

The semi circle is your real time mileage display. It will move around based on your accelerator input. Floor the accelerator and it will immediately go down. Let go of the accelerator at speed and coast and it will go to max because the engine turns off when it is not required.

The only way to see the battery level is by looking at the flow chart on the 3rd tab. It will try to stay between 20-80% to preserve battery health as well as leaving a little in reserve for if you suddenly want to accelerate hard or need to regenerate while going down an extra long hill.

Last edited by Cresterk : 1st December 2023 at 13:21.
Old 1st December 2023, 13:51   #2522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar iswalkar View Post
  1. Wind noise from driver's side glass area above 80kmph. More like from the ORVM side. And this was too prominent. Kind of irritating over a while.
  2. The volume control from the steering is too slow. It's like if you press and hold, and then leave the button, the volume still takes its own sweet time to go up and down for another 8-10 seconds.

That volume control issue is weird. Recommend getting checked out. The steering controls on the Hycross are rather flimsy, might be some loose connection.

Are there any chrome accessories installed on the side of the car? The Hycross is shaped like a brick and is rather prone to wind noise unfortunately especially around 120. The windshield is a special acoustic glass but the side windows are normal so it feels like the sound is coming from the side.

Adding on to this:
https://www.toyotanation.com/threads.../post-14759238

Wind noise is a frequent complaint on International forums and since the Hycross design is quite similar to a Highlander, the culprit is probably the same. Same people have had luck with foam tape. No definitive solution yet but reading it could help shed some light on the issue.

Last edited by Cresterk : 1st December 2023 at 14:02.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 14:38   #2523
BHPian

Thank you for all the above members my query stands solved, the sale rep definitely did not know what he was talking about. It indeed is the gauge for real time mileage.
Old 2nd December 2023, 00:42   #2524
BHPian

Recently did a 500km round road trip with 7 adults and Lugage and I would like to share a few observations:
+There is no shortage of power and pickup, yes the pickup and power delivery is a little slow and linear but you never feel like it’s not enough.

+While driving above 80 I changed the mode from eco to normal and I instantly felt the difference in overall responsiveness while accelerating, normal and eco mode are all I used, I never once felt the need to use power mode.

+The handling and stability are even better with a full load there is no nervousness or anything.

+I used Cruise control extensively and it works like a charm and automatically charges the battery through regen braking it detects slopes and is actually very smart and it works differently along with the hybrid system as opposed to other normal cruise control.

+The more I do these long trips the more I feel in love with what it is capable of, I don’t know if it’s just the perception of Toyota or if I am biased towards but it feels like a beast and has that indestructible feel somehow that we associate with Toyota BOF platform cars.

-Is it just me or does anyone feel vibrations from the accelerator pedal during hard acceleration or when the petrol engine is running at higher RPMs, is it a normal behaviour of CVT or what I am a bit confused.

-The wind noise and aerodynamics are such that you can’t keep the window open above 90 otherwise wind noise becomes irritable, it is even worse with half the window open.

Last edited by Axe77 : 21st December 2023 at 10:32.
manofinfinity is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 01:38   #2525
Senior - BHPian

How is the city vs highway mileage between the hybrid and non hybrid variants of Hycross?

Is it worth the price difference to upgrade to a hybrid variant (move from GX to a VX) for about 20k kms a year, if the rest of the bells and whistles with the upgrade is immaterial?

Last edited by Axe77 : 21st December 2023 at 10:29. Reason: Poorly typed - clean up edits.
Old 2nd December 2023, 12:15   #2526
BHPian

Guys,
Has any body tried using the tire inflator in the hybrid Hycross. In normal iCE we need to keep the engine running so that the battery doesn’t discharge. I guess keeping in Park mode will suffice. Any suggestions.
Old 2nd December 2023, 13:23   #2527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
how is the city vs highway mileage between the hybrid and non hybrid variants of hycross?

Is it worth the price difference to upgrade to a hybrid variant (move from gx to a vx)for about 20k kms a year, if the rest of the bells and whistles with the upgrade is immaterial?
Hycross in Petrol guise doesn't give more than 10 Kmpl when driven in city traffic while I have no idea about highway mileage.

As a Hycross VX Hybrid user, which has run close to 13000 Kms in 4 months of ownership, the car gives about 15-16 Kmpl when driven in the city while on highways, it gives around 17-18 Kmpl and did a highway trip, which I got the mileage of 17.5 Kmpl in T2T method when the car was few weeks old and run close to 3000 Kms at that time.

My suggestion is to get the Hybrid if you are doing 20k Kms a year.

On the other hand, I'm guessing that ours is the highest-run Hycross Hybrid in this forum with the car doing almost 13k Kms in 4 months of ownership.

Did anyone cross 10k Kms with their Hycross Hybrid?

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 2nd December 2023 at 13:25.
car_guy1998 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 11:25   #2528
BHPian

Re: The Tiring Year Long Wait for an Innova Hycross ZX(O): My Ordeal with Globe Toyota Ludhiana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidhish View Post

Conclusion

My year-long ordeal for the Hycross is a stark reminder that businesses must uphold their commitments to their customers. While some delays are understandable, transparent communication and genuine customer service should never be compromised. My trust in Toyota’s ability to deliver on their promises has been irrevocably damaged, and I hope that sharing my experience will serve as a cautionary tale for those considering a purchase from this dealership.
That's not to mention the periodic price increases. Unfortunately that has become the new normal. No point trying to figure out is it the dealer or manufacturer or both. They couldn't care less.

I first booked a Tucson, then seeing the same kind of responses you mentioned, cancelled and switched to Hycross XO. Didn't change anything, sequence number etc. was extracted from dealer, but no useful information except more price increases. Cancelled the Hycross too. Fortunately stumbled upon a Tucson diesel ready for delivery at a discount.

So look after your interest, if it's really the Hycross that you need, hang on to your booking and I suggest book an alternative as well.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd December 2023 at 12:59. Reason: Broken quote tag and fixed some formatting.
Carevidence is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 4th December 2023, 14:01   #2529
BHPian

Quote:
how is the city vs highway mileage between the hybrid and non hybrid variants of hycross?

Is it worth the price difference to upgrade to a hybrid variant (move from gx to a vx)for about 20k kms a year, if the rest of the bells and whistles with the upgrade is immaterial?
Hi. I’ve sent a DM with the trivial details regarding fuel efficiency of My Hycross GX Limited Edition, bought in October’2023. Done 2600kms as on date.
Veelubai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 16:16   #2530
BHPian

Re: The Tiring Year Long Wait for an Innova Hycross ZX(O): My Ordeal with Globe Toyota Ludhiana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidhish View Post
Conclusion

My year-long ordeal for the Hycross is a stark reminder that businesses must uphold their commitments to their customers. While some delays are understandable, transparent communication and genuine customer service should never be compromised. My trust in Toyota’s ability to deliver on their promises has been irrevocably damaged, and I hope that sharing my experience will serve as a cautionary tale for those considering a purchase from this dealership.
SAME STORY WITH PIONEER TOYOTA CHANDIGARH:

Booked ZXO on opening day Nov 2022 @ the Chandigarh dealership with the SA helping us informed us that we were the 3rd ZXO booking they've done so far.

Fast forward to Feb 2023 and now the tone changed to - just wait a few weeks, you'll get it by early April. Still no update in April, and we met the GM who looked at some random file and informed us we were #10 on the list and just a few more weeks.

After emailing Toyota HQ, they rerouted my email to the dealer who now sent me a screenshot of this QRSTRIX website that they are now using which showed my sequence no. to be 25 with a waiting of 50 weeks. As of today, more than 12 months after booking it shows sequence 10.

Meanwhile, I know multiple folks who've gotten the ZXO from these scumbags out of turn in a few weeks by paying premium.

Absolute shit show from Toyota and these scumbag dealers, I would gladly give up Hycross over the Kia Carnival, should they open bookings before I get a call from Toyota whenever it might be. I was never in the Toyota fanboy club, but this experience with them is the last nail and would never book a Toyota again.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 4th December 2023 at 16:20. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly capitalize proper nouns. Thanks!
Cavityavenger is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 16:35   #2531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavityavenger View Post

Meanwhile, I know multiple folks who've gotten the ZXO from these scumbags out of turn in a few weeks by paying premium.
I have a VXo booking with "God only knows how long" waiting period. I was approached by a person who said he can get any model/color i want asap. He has tie-ups with multiple dealers and can supply easily.
The ”Premium" depends on which model and color. Ageha Black being charged around 4.5 lakhs extra

The ONLY reason of going for Hycross for me is the hybrid tech and fuel economy. I'll be a fool to pay premium for such a car with such reasons. Why not just get a Crysta and fuel it for 4 years with the extra premium

So i guess all the booking numbers we are getting are going to remain same and the cars are going to/getting allocated to 'Premium' customers.

Wish Kia hurries up with Carnival and we get hybrid tech in it or someone puts a foot down and stop this absurdity going on with Toyota. *Fingers crossed*
PrasadS is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 17:57   #2532
BHPian

Quote:
VX user here. Completed 8200 kms from my purchase in March 2023.
My mileage in city ranges from 16-20 kmpl. Unsurprisingly, bumper to bumper, slow moving traffic is perfect for EV mode and saves lot of fuel running AC when vehicle is at standstill.

On regular Pune-Mumbai runs, I get 19-22 kmpl while going downhill from Pune to Mumbai. While returning from Mumbai and climbing the mountains, efficiency drops to 14-16 kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Guys,
Has any body tried using the tire inflator in the hybrid Hycross. In normal iCE we need to keep the engine running so that the battery doesn’t discharge. I guess keeping in Park mode will suffice. Any suggestions.
Hi, I use Bergmann tire inflator frequently in Hycross. I start the car properly and the vehicle will decide if it needs to switch on the engine or continue to deplete the battery. Never switch it in Accessory mode as engine will not run and battery will be dead soon.
turbospooler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 20:18   #2533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasadS View Post

The ONLY reason of going for Hycross for me is the hybrid tech and fuel economy. I'll be a fool to pay premium for such a car with such reasons. Why not just get a Crysta and fuel it for 4 years with the extra premium
Agree with you on all counts, hybrid tech doesn't make any sense for this kind of premium. The Hycross is a glorified Crysta and to pay 10-12 lac more for it makes no sense. Better to get a 2nd car with the extra $$.
Cavityavenger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 21:00   #2534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Press the start button twice without pressing the brake. Then hold down required key for 5 seconds and release. The doors will lock and unlock once if it worked.

I will make a video about it if enough people are interested
I could not activate the Auto Unlock feature despite trying all combinations mentioned in this post. If someone can make a video it will be highly appreciated. I have the ZX(o) variant. Thanks
traveller1973 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 20:45   #2535
BHPian

My 20 days old Hycross Vx gives an average of 20/KMPL +/- 1KMPL . While driving on normal mode on highway runs the average will drop to 19 KMPL. The engine is quite loud when it has to power the vehicle and battery together, it has a very rough sound which is absolutely unpleasant to hear.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_3737.jpeg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks