Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2023, 11:21   #2491
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Could you share more details on the seat covers? From where, what type and if you have pics of it?

Ceramic coating from the showroom workshop itself? Is this the first round of coating?
Sorry for the late reply. Since I'm in US, my cousin is getting the seat covers at his known place, and I don't have any more details about it.

Coming to ceramic, I'm getting it done at Indian Car Decors, LB Nagar.

On the other hand, our Hycross has crossed 11,000 Kms in almost 4 months of ownership (bought on Jul 28th) on the odo today (as I said before, I'm tracking the Kms through the Toyota i-Connect app).

Will be posting a review on our Hycross soon whenever I find time.
Old 22nd November 2023, 19:14   #2492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
*Lowlights*
1. The Apple Play JUST DOESNT WORK. WHY WONT TOYOTA FIX THIS? WHY TOYOTA WHY?
2. When you move from Park to Drive, the breaks make a weird sound. Not sure what it is, but it appears to be the electric parking brakes coming off.
Apple play works seamlessly if you regularly use it and dont fiddle around with settings and other devices. When we do that some settings get disabled, both on iPhone and car. I have not been able to figure out the exact flow though.
Old 23rd November 2023, 00:53   #2493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
Like majority, even I'm not satisfied with the headlight through of Hycross.

While i really want to upgrade it, but i dont want to spoil is OEM look of my car and that's when I come across 2 inch Projector Fog lamp which can be fitted in Fog Lamp (mine is VXO & comes with Fog lamps).

Below is just 1 example and if you further search on YouTube, you'll realize 2inch Projector Fog lamps are easily available but then i'm confused about their quality, warranty issue etc.

Let me know what you guys think. Below is the one example, which i felt is good.

Attachment 2533660
I am unsure about these projector foglamps that everyone on social media is promoting these days. I feel they are are too far down to be useful as headlights and trying to angle them for more range will lead to blinding oncoming traffic. They also won't show potholes and such properly since the light isn't shining down towards the road.

I also don't see anyone using projector foglamps internationally while aux lights are very popular.

On the pro side: You won't be fined for changing your foglamps compared to adding aux lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearchichi View Post
Hello.

But, he did not agree to the pre-registration PDI at their yard. He says that the delivery manager isn't willing to give us the required permission to enter their yard, and that I could perform the PDI at the showroom prior to registration
ation

What can I do in this situation? Should I agree to the pre-registration PDI at the showroom, or insist that I do so at their yard?

Please let me know.
You can do the PDI anywhere you want, just make sure that the car isn't registered in your name before the PDI. Showroom is fine by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm View Post
Apple play works seamlessly if you regularly use it and dont fiddle around with settings and other devices. When we do that some settings get disabled, both on iPhone and car. I have not been able to figure out the exact flow though.
Seconding this. Haven't had any issues with apple carplay after I reset my phone.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 11:17   #2494
BHPian

Hello Everyone,
I had booked a VXO variant and now have been upgraded to ZXO variant. Felt that it is a good upgrade. Dealer says that he can deliver by end of this month.
Have a few queries :
1. I asked the dealer to share me the VIN number so that I can know the date of manufacture. However, have not got it yet.
2. Can PDI be done before registration, the dealer is not so in favor of that as I see.
3. Can the wheels be upgraded to high profile tyres? If yes, any disadvantages?
Old 24th November 2023, 12:47   #2495
BHPian

I have completed 10K kms on my Hycross and got my 10K service done. The service experience was eventless. I didn't have any specific issues with the car and it was just the regular service. I also got wheel balancing, alignment and rotation done. Surprisingly the service was only Rs 5300! The fuel efficiency after the service has also improved. I used to get about 17 km/l on highway rides, but on the way back from the service centre (75 kms away) I got 22!!
ashwinikalantri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 12:55   #2496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
I have completed 10K kms on my Hycross and got my 10K service done. The service experience was eventless. I didn't have any specific issues with the car and it was just the regular service. I also got wheel balancing, alignment and rotation done. Surprisingly the service was only Rs 5300! The fuel efficiency after the service has also improved. I used to get about 17 km/l on highway rides, but on the way back from the service centre (75 kms away) I got 22!!

Why did they charge you? Didn’t you get the service package till 20k kms for 7k?
Old 24th November 2023, 13:08   #2497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Why did they charge you? Didn’t you get the service package till 20k kms for 7k?
No, I didn't get the smiles package. I talked to the service manager about it and he argued that it's not worth till 20K.

I checked on their system the estimate of cost for every service. 10K + 20K service will cost about 8K. Alignment, balancing will be extra in any case. The total difference will be only ~1K as labour is already free till 20K.

The smiles package is a bit confusing and my conclusions are that the difference isn't enough to pre-pay the money for multiple services. Am I missing something?
ashwinikalantri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 16:37   #2498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, I didn't get the smiles package. I talked to the service manager about it and he argued that it's not worth till 20K.

I checked on their system the estimate of cost for every service. 10K + 20K service will cost about 8K. Alignment, balancing will be extra in any case. The total difference will be only ~1K as labour is already free till 20K.

The smiles package is a bit confusing and my conclusions are that the difference isn't enough to pre-pay the money for multiple services. Am I missing something?
Are you sure? Just 20k service alone shows up as RS 11k for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_4892.png  

Cresterk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 17:53   #2499
BHPian

Quote:
What were the jobs performed for the hybrid system and cooling vent?
Good to hear about the increase in mileage.
Old 25th November 2023, 00:08   #2500
BHPian

Got the 10k Kms service done on our Hycross Hybrid today at Harsha Toyota and the bill I got for this service is Rs.6709 which includes WA and WB and the oil used was synthetic.

Was supposed to get it done at 10k Kms mark itself but due to my dad's busy schedule, got it done today when the odo was at 11,600 Kms.

Completed 10k Kms on Nov 13th while 11k Kms was done on Nov 22nd IIRC.
car_guy1998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 20:51   #2501
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure? Just 20k service alone shows up as RS 11k for me.
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_0095.png

The estimate generated from the Toyota app is probably on the higher side. I was charged 5300 including taxes for service and alignment, balancing. The quote is about 2K + taxes more expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
What were the jobs performed for the hybrid system and cooling vent?
Good to hear about the increase in mileage.
Nothing was done for the hybrid system or the vents. At least nothing was mentioned on the service invoice. I am not sure if they did something that was part of ‘10000k service inspection’.
Old 26th November 2023, 23:11   #2502
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2536150

Nothing was done for the hybrid system or the vents. At least nothing was mentioned on the service invoice. I am not sure if they did something that was part of ‘10000k service inspection’.
In the user manual, it is mentioned that the hybrid cooling vent is inspected and cleaned at every 10k service.
Old 27th November 2023, 12:50   #2503

Understanding eCVT. Almost the same in Hycross.

Jeep4x4High is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 09:21   #2504

Quote:
Was fully loaded with 7 passengers and the trip was just a breeze.
How did you manage the luggage of 7 passengers? and How many days trip was it ?
Old 29th November 2023, 12:59   #2505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyaa View Post
How did you manage the luggage of 7 passengers? and How many days trip was it ?
Single day trip. Go in the morning and come back at night. Somehow, neither the driver nor the passengers feel fatigued in the Hycross even while driving long distances so we don't even bother staying the night most of the time. There is still enough room behind the 3rd row to fit a suitcase or two if needed even with the recline all the way back. To fit more luggage, can place the 3rd row seats in a more upright position.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks