Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2023, 11:15   #2371
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_2911.png

Toyota app got updated and now it thinks there are ventilated seats in the back too
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 10:21   #2372
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Attachment 2517458

Toyota app got updated and now it thinks there are ventilated seats in the back too
In a recent error I got on the app, I was asked to visit a Lexus dealership. Toyota India probably has used code meant for another car and has been sloppy while customising it.
ashwinikalantri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 16:50   #2373
Distinguished - BHPian

Can we fit the Crysta’s 17 inch rims on the HyCross VX and VX(O)?

Crysta ZX’ stock tyre size is : 215/55/R17
Hycross VX and VX(O)’s stock tyre size is : 215/60/R17

Will Toyota dealers be happy to change the rims and fit the TPMS sensors?

Have photoshopped the rims of the Crysta on the HyCross, and this itself takes the looks of the HyCross a notch higher in my books! Looks better than the ZX and ZX(O) as well…

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-84cf4512b6a849ee8d4017a19ebcbf36.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 16th October 2023 at 16:53.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 23:50   #2374
BHPian

One weird thing I have noticed is that when closing doors especially the rear door with just normal force, Hycross literally shows body movement and some wobbling, I have never seen anything like this in any car to date, Is this normal or it is due to extremely soft suspension setup?

Has anyone else noticed the same?

Last edited by Aditya : 20th October 2023 at 16:33. Reason: Typo
manofinfinity is online now   Received Infraction
Old 17th October 2023, 13:55   #2375

Guys what sort of solutions have you come up with or planning regarding the poor headlights of the HyCross. Mine is a ZX Hybrid and its a perfect workhorse car but the only matters of concern are the low profile tyres and more importantly the candle lights that Toyota have decided to put on the cars from factory, they are the only con on an otherwise perfect car. Would love to get some info or advice regarding the headlights thank you.
TurboPetrol150 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 17:24   #2376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboPetrol150 View Post
Would love to get some info or advice regarding the headlights thank you.
I have adjusted the headlight position to 5. It has improved a little at the cost of the throw of the light.
pious_devil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 17:30   #2377
BHPian

I have poor mileage issue with my hycross zxo but I don't want to yet attribute it to the car itself. I ride it only 30% of times and rest it's driven by a driver. The car has given average of just 10.5 over last 2k km it has ridden thus far. Wanted to troubleshoot myself before taking the car to service folks. I didn't notice it during the first service so didn't raise it with them then.

The car is not driven much and max one way ride is only 4-5 km. Could it be that this causes battery to not charge fully hence the hybrid advantage doesnt really kick in? I see EV mode coming alive once in a while but it doesn't stay on because battery change is always towards 30% (although I don't continuously track it, have just seen it once or twice). We might take it to long drive next week so will have some more data points to share.

This is just a shout out to other hybrid owners who are in the same boat or were in same boat earlier but managed to come out of it by doing some settings which I am missing right now.
Old 17th October 2023, 19:53   #2378
BHPian

I believe your car is just not getting enough time to charge the batteries and hence use the battery for running/EV mode. One way of trying to charge the batteries even in 4-5 kms stretch is to:
  1. Lift your feet from the accelerator when you see your car is going to need to slow down, thereby the battery charges
  2. Pressing the brakes gradually/slowly so that regenerative breaking kicks in
  3. You would really need to be light footed when trying to extract the best possible mileage. While my driver drives, I have noticed he is not able to get good mileage however when I drive, I am able to get a better return

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
I have poor mileage issue with my hycross zxo but I don't want to yet attribute it to the car itself. I ride it only 30% of times and rest it's driven by a driver. The car has given average of just 10.5 over last 2k km it has ridden thus far. Wanted to troubleshoot myself before taking the car to service folks. I didn't notice it during the first service so didn't raise it with them then.

The car is not driven much and max one way ride is only 4-5 km. Could it be that this causes battery to not charge fully hence the hybrid advantage doesnt really kick in? I see EV mode coming alive once in a while but it doesn't stay on because battery change is always towards 30% (although I don't continuously track it, have just seen it once or twice). We might take it to long drive next week so will have some more data points to share.

This is just a shout out to other hybrid owners who are in the same boat or were in same boat earlier but managed to come out of it by doing some settings which I am missing right now.
sanketdesai82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 20:16   #2379
BHPian

Quote:

Daily driving off 10-12 kms will not be enough to get most out of it, moreover it depends on the way the driver is driving.I would say you should educate and train your driver to change his driving style because you can’t expect good mileage driving it like a normal car.

Don’t worry it will improve over time, also one thing i would suggest is it change the setting to show trip data instead of eco score when you turn off the car in the mid there you will see actual trip mileage that is from the moment you turn on the car till you turn off, the mileage shown in mid normally is total average which is total average from day 1.
manofinfinity is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 12:49   #2380
BHPian

Quote:
I have poor mileage issue with my hycross zxo but I don't want to yet attribute it to the car itself. I ride it only 30% of times and rest it's driven by a driver.
My ZXO's ODO reading is close to 4k, and the mileage shown is 11.5 Kmpl. The car is primarily driven to my office (~35 Km one way) 2-3 times a week. This is in typical Mumbai traffic. The car is driven by my driver and myself (~ 60:40 ratio).

At roughly the ~1k mark, I had spoken to the ASS on this issue and they told me that the mileage will improve, which it has (up from 9.5 to 11.5). I am in a wait and watch mode and will push for a detailed analysis around the 10k mark.
mpthy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 12:17   #2381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashu03 View Post
Need one advice from my fellow bhpians. I currently own Jeep Compass Diesel S AT 4*4. I bought this car in December 2021 and till now it has clocked 18K KMs. Overall it is running fine with just some minor rattles. Not super impressed with the Engine and AT gearbox combo but overall it suffice my daily requirement.

I am really confused what to do and need some advice on this. I can only stretch my budget till 35 Lakhs.
Actually, at the first place, if you are a family of 5 (and you travel with 5 onboard), then Compass was a wrong car. It is a strict 4+1 car. I am not sure what made you buy the Compass because your use is strictly against it and also you come from XUV500.

On the other hand, Hycross and Compass are not apple to apple comparisons, except for the price overlap. Of course Hycross offers humungous real estate compared to Compass. But ONLY is that enough for your replacement and to loose at least 5-6 lakhs. I am not sure about the resale value in your region though.

On the other hand, if you need enough space for 5, why did you not consider XUV700/Safari/Harrier/Hector - now and then?

None of the cars mentioned above including Hycross will be as engaging to drive as the Compass. The premiumness of the Compass is better than all of these. The handling of Compass is the benchmark and Hycross is no where close. Finally, what if you don't like the Hycross after buying it?

I suggest you to take EXTENSIVE test drive of the Hycross, before you come to a conclusion. There are pros and cons in every brand and every car. And to make things worse, every year there will be new updates to the existing models and new models from every brand to keep the market as well as the customers hot and confused.
Old 19th October 2023, 12:29   #2382
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have poor mileage issue with my hycross zxo but I don't want to yet attribute it to the car itself. I ride it only 30% of times and rest it's driven by a drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpthy View Post
My ZXO's ODO reading is close to 4k, and the mileage shown is 11.5 Kmpl.
At roughly the ~1k mark, I had spoken to the ASS on this issue and they told me that the mileage will improve, which it has (up from 9.5 to 11.5).
I remember discussing this way back with a senior mechanic in 2001-2002 relating to Qualis, and the answer that guy still holds valid; it's all about driving style. There should not be any difference between a new car and one which has been driven for a while. Whatever little one may observe is all about one getting used to that particular car.

The easiest way will be to reset the ODO and check the mileage with you in the driver's seat vs while being driven by the driver on the same route and preferably around the same time (traffic conditions).

Having driven many fuel guzzlers ( 6 & 8 cylinders), I can get 3Kmpl - 10Kmpl depending on how I am driving
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 12:30   #2383
BHPian

My ZX(O) just crossed 3k kms. Currently the total mileage is at 17.5 kmpl. The max i have seen in the mid is 21.2 kmpl. After the last tank full in Bangalore, the mileage upto Sangagiri was 20.5 kmpl. After that, i rushed to reach CBE (~130 kms) and the mileage dropped to 17.5. Always drove in ECO mode.

For spirited driving, which mode is efficient? ECO v City v Sport?
Old 19th October 2023, 14:21   #2384
BHPian

I'm planning to upgrade to a Hycross from our old Innova(2015).
Took a small test drive of the VX variant yesterday and loved the way it drove. Both our Innova and Rapid are manual, so despite years of driving, yesterday marked the first occasion when me and my dad drove an AT.

The only car available for us in this segment is Hycross. I tried to push for carnival, but primarily, mileage is what my dad is looking at right now. I could have pushed him a bit, but Carnival is no longer available in the market.

We're offered a VX in 2 to 3 months and VXO in around 9 months.
I am actually a bit adamant on getting ZXO with ADAS but was informed that they are not taking bookings for same. Even if we book VXO and later change to ZXO, it'll be estimated 2 to 3 years of wait.

There is a specific reason for me to opt for ZXO
My dad has crossed his 60’s. He's a very good old school driver and beat a lot of good road manners into me when i was learning.

Now a days he gets a bit tired and there was an incident where he went to sleep on the wheel when the car was waiting at a long signal. He wants AT for driving comfort. Coming from a manual, i feel AT brings a bit of lethargy when driving. So that, combined with dad driving the hycross mainly, i want ADAS for safety.

We're planning to book VXO on Dussehra. It'll be immensely helpful to know if ZXO can be booked in any way or the availablity status for the ZXO in future. Please advise.
Old 19th October 2023, 14:51   #2385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasadS View Post
We're offered a VX in 2 to 3 months and VXO in around 9 months.

We're planning to book VXO on Dussehra
If you can please tell me which dealership did you visit in Mumbai / Navi Mumbai, which gave a 9 month waiting period for the VX(O)?

I was given a 12-18 months waiting period for the VX(O) when I booked in early September 2023.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks