Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2023, 00:12   #2356
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Attachment 2442197

Car arrived at this dealership today morning and I immediately went and did PDI. Looks decent and all features work. Manufactured this week itself and has only 4km on the odo. I was also happy to see the car being kept in a shady, covered area rather collecting dust and tree sap like we have often observed here (cough cough bird bmw)
It has recently come to my attention that some used car dealer/broker has stolen my picture from here and is using it to advertise a Hycross with ready delivery at a premium. Do note that I am NOT selling my car nor am I affiliated with these people.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_2675.png  

Cresterk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 12:21   #2357
BHPian

Hi - Would like some advice from Chennai hycross hybrid owners.
I am looking to consider VX 8S variant, yet to test drive.
Between Lanson and Harsha which one is recommended from pricing, delivery experience and waiting period? So far I visited Lanson Koyambedu last weekend as it was nearer and got the price list from Lanson. Anywhere we can negotiate - e.g insurance is mentioned as 1.2 lakhs and accessories- 65k?
Old 7th October 2023, 17:16   #2358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subrasri View Post
Hi - Would like some advice from Chennai hycross hybrid owners.
I am looking to consider VX 8S variant, yet to test drive.
Anywhere we can negotiate - e.g insurance is mentioned as 1.2 lakhs and accessories- 65k?
I would recommend that you try the insurance rates from outside like Royal Sundaram/ Acko/ Digit. It will substantially drop the majestic rates quoted by the dealer. Many have done that. And pick and choose the accessories that you want- no need of a hefty package of 65k, unless you absolutely need it.
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 18:28   #2359
Senior - BHPian

My current pet peeve is that the auto dimming electrochromic mirror doesn't cover the entire area. You will see that there is a small boundary around the mirror that doesn't dim. Many times in traffic there is that one two wheeler whose headlight shines directly on the non-dimming part and reflects right into your eyes at full brightness.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_2804.jpg
Cresterk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 19:01   #2360
Senior - BHPian

Any idea why the rear wheel arches have a kind of fabric padding and not the standard plastic material?
It is going to get ruined after a couple of washes and drives during the rains.
Old 9th October 2023, 01:15   #2361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Any idea why the rear wheel arches have a kind of fabric padding and not the standard plastic material?
It's to reduce noise, especially from stones/gravel/tar being kicked up by the tyres which would make a "ping" noise as it bounces off the inside wheel arch. Most higher end cars have it.

I have been pressure washing my car every week, especially the wheel arches because it rains here a lot and the wheels pick up a lot of mud. No issues so far.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 05:05   #2362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
The diesel Brezza when launched in 2016 had similar rear wheel cladding. It's kind of the carpet found inside the car. It does get wet and accumulates a lot of mud but can easily be cleaned with little pressure wash even at home. There hasn't been any rusting issue as yet (touch wood) in last 7 & ½ years. So it shouldn't happen in HyCross too. It helps in better control of NVH.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 10:59   #2363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
https://Youtu.be/kEVXA5t4foM?si=euwcerKGI55hZejc

“The worst part about the hycross is that you can’t have it!!”
The video ended on a hilarious note. And it's quite shocking too. I think they paused the bookings for the top variants way back in April. It's been like 6 months now!

For someone looking for all bells and whistles in a 7 seater today, the Hycross simply is not an option.
Old 10th October 2023, 19:58   #2364
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone else noticed this cool feature? When navigating with carplay with music playing, when google maps speaks out directions, only the music in the front speakers lower the volume while the music in the rear speakers continue at the same sound. The directions are only spoken through the front speakers. This lets the driver hear the directions clearly without any break in the music and rear passengers too are not disturbed by an abrupt pause or lowering of volume like in my old car.
Cresterk is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 22:08   #2365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Has anyone else noticed this cool feature? When navigating with carplay with music playing, when google maps speaks out directions, only the music in the front speakers lower the volume while the music in the rear speakers continue at the same sound. The directions are only spoken through the front speakers. This lets the driver hear the directions clearly without any break in the music and rear passengers too are not disturbed by an abrupt pause or lowering of volume like in my old car.
Wow, that was a wishlist feature. Awesome thought!
KuttappanAbhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 01:37   #2366
BHPian

Hi all, the audio display freezes for me frequently and will get functional again only when I restart the car. None of the buttons including POWER OFF work while it is hung. Has anyone faced this?
Old 11th October 2023, 09:55   #2367
BHPian

Today morning, my Hycross gave me an error and the Check Engine light is on now!

I drove the car a few KMs in the morning, without problems. But when I tried to start the car again, I got a message in the lines of "EPC couldn't start correctly" (I am not sure as this was displayed only once, and this is from my memory).

The car did start and can be driven. But it started displaying these errors:

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-1.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-2.jpg

The Toyota app has these errors:

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-94a9502ddbc445199f19330ce865a536.png

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-7137f64363624212882dbb3ef0a43785.png

Anyone else had to deal with this? Any insight?

I am afraid of an escalation of the issue and need for major replacements! I hope a hard reset solves the issue! The service centre in my town doesn't have the diagnostic tools (ODB computer) and is just an outpost. Hope they can correct the issue.

I visited the service centre and lo and behold, the error decides to vanish. It was there up-till the time I parked at the service centre, but when they started the car, it was cleared. I was assured that I can drive the car as usual and shouldn't be worried.

The alerts on the App were also cleared and a new Health report was generated that says everything is fine!

Last edited by Aditya : 19th October 2023 at 22:21. Reason: Back to back posts merged
ashwinikalantri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 18:51   #2368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
I visited the service centre and lo and behold, the error decides to vanish. It was there up-till the time I parked at the service centre, but when they started the car, it was cleared. I was assured that I can drive the car as usual and shouldn't be worried.

The alerts on the App were also cleared and a new Health report was generated that says everything is fine!
I wonder what has caused this malfunction, What did the service center guys had to say about this issue?
What is the manufacturing month, year of your car?
Old 11th October 2023, 19:01   #2369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
I wonder what has caused this malfunction, What did the service center guys had to say about this issue?
What is the manufacturing month, year of your car?
They brushed it aside and asked me to drive as usual. I will visit their main service Center to get it diagnosed with the ODB tool when I can.

Manufactured in May 2023.
Old 15th October 2023, 10:49   #2370
BHPian

Query on spare wheel:

I just dislike having a different sized spare with no alloys and the fact that in case of any puncture, we need 2 replacements (First the differently sized spare and then back to the normal size).

Has anyone enquired if
a). we can purchase a similar sized alloy for the spare. If so, any idea on cost?
b). whether there are any size constraints in fitting this in the spare wheel slot.

Any challenges in pursuing this?

All this while, used to Toyotas offering an identical spare. So not used to a differently sized spare on the Hycross and wish to correct this.

Query on using Auto-hold:

Is it safe from vehicle life/ maintenance perspective to regularly put the vehicle on auto-hold and then drive through the city? I know if engages after 3 seconds of break pedal press and then disengages on driving through putting pressure on accelerator.
Does this feature negatively impact the life of the drive train and is it better to use this feature sparingly?

Query on parking brake:
What is the role of the electronic parking brake in case we move the gear lever to the 'P' slot? Is the electronic parking brake serving any role here?

Is the 'P' mode equivalent to the handbrake in the manual cars or is this different in any way?

Last edited by Aditya : 19th October 2023 at 22:22. Reason: Back to back posts merged
subbarp is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks