Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2023, 13:52   #2236
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post

DIY horn upgrade

Bought some shiny Hella Chrome Trumpets from amazon for 1600rs. It often goes on sale for less but my dad's bday was coming up and i wanted to gift these to him.
This is the mod I missed getting it installed on our Hycross. But, cousin insisted me not to get the horns changed as I'll be losing that Toyota wali feel, which these horns give.

Also, I'm intending to get ZX like DRLs, side cladding installed on our Hycross VX but bit apprehensive on DRL thing as someone told that it requires splicing of wire in order to install those DRLs, which voids the warranty of the car as well as hybrid battery.

On the other hand, completed 1 month of ownership with the car a week ago and the odo as per Toyota connect app is 4500 Kms till date.

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 5th September 2023 at 13:55.
car_guy1998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 15:58   #2237
BHPian

The earlier Innova Crysta’s were a politician’s favourite. Seems that the HyCross is also not going to be left languishing behind!

[url=“https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/karnataka-to-purchase-33-high-end-cars-for-ministers-amid-financial-crunch-11297981.html/amp”[/URL]

Last edited by MarutiGuy1977 : 5th September 2023 at 16:01. Reason: URL not appearing correctly
Old 5th September 2023, 22:44   #2238
BHPian

Got the ceramic coating and underbody rust protection coating done today during the first service, costed me about 28k, of which 24k was for former.

Not sure of the ROI but they said that given the proper care it may last for about 4ish years. Car is not to be washed for first 6 days till the coat hardens properly. Avoiding water for first 30 days is even better which sounded like an overkill to me but learned pundits can opine. Besides that usual precations like using the microfibre cloth and not using the general shampoo/soap as the coating may interact with the chemicals etc
Old 6th September 2023, 12:55   #2239
BHPian

I have an Innova HyCross VX(Hybrid) which has the WIRED Apple CarPlay and the CarPlay just doesn't work and has frequent disconnections and the only way is to disconnect and reconnect. This is a huge inconvenience as the Google Maps, Music, everything gets reset.

This has been on since Day-1 (3rd March) and Espirit Toyota, New Delhi maintains that this is not a bug (yea, it is not a bug, it is a feature).

Has anyone been able to find a solution to this problem in the entertainment HU?
duke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 13:13   #2240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
I have an Innova HyCross VX(Hybrid) which has the WIRED Apple CarPlay and the CarPlay just doesn't work and has frequent disconnections and the only way is to disconnect and reconnect. This is a huge inconvenience as the Google Maps, Music, everything gets reset.

This has been on since Day-1 (3rd March) and Espirit Toyota, New Delhi maintains that this is not a bug (yea, it is not a bug, it is a feature).

Has anyone been able to find a solution to this problem in the entertainment HU?
This seems to be a bug in each and every Hycross

Even I too was facing the same problem since day 1 and later come to know that even Toyota is incompetent enough to rectify this issue.

I had reset the HU many times and still the same thing happens.

Hope Toyota will come up with the solution.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 14:01   #2241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
This seems to be a bug in each and every Hycross

Even I too was facing the same problem since day 1 and later come to know that even Toyota is incompetent enough to rectify this issue.

I had reset the HU many times and still the same thing happens.

Hope Toyota will come up with the solution.
I have ZX(O) variant with wireless car play, I am facing frequent car play Connectivity issue ,wired car play works perfectly. Also there is no way to control volume with car play --wonder if is this basic version of car-play without any features. Also i have noticed --even after disconnecting blue-tooth multiple times --i am unable to connect car play , i guess car-play is connected with starting of the car and only connects if phone is in vicinity within first few seconds of starting the car --Bad feature especially if you have chauffeur driving the car.
vishal9999 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 17:40   #2242

I had booked GX 8 seater in Feb 2023 and was promised delivery within 2 months. I was not in a hurry to get the car so didn't follow up. Recently I realised that post Oct 2023, 6 airbags are compulsory for 8 seater cars so started following up with dealer asking what will happen to my GX 8S booking if I don't get delivery by 30th Sep 2023. As expected he was clueless and didn't get response from Toyota.
I called Toyota customer care twice in last week they were clueless. I am sure some element of planning goes into production that they should know by know whether they would discontinue 8S option in GX or provide it with airbags.
So comes the final surprise - I escalated and got call from their supervisor who pointed me to Toyota website which mentions all models in Hycross get 6 airbags - https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroo...res-specs.html

Neither the dealer knew this nor the call center executive
transformlives8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 07:12   #2243
BHPian

I had done a booking for Ageha Glass Flake VX in Dec last year, and the vehicle may be ready for delivery by end of this month. Just wanted to get some thoughts addressed by this learned crowd in this group, thoughts/opinions will be helpful:
1. VX is supposed to have 6 airbags, and this is confirmed with dealer. So I am safe with that. However, the main difference between VXO and VX as per my understanding are: Panoramic Sunroof, 10 inch display, LED fog lamps and Wireless carplay (As a family, we are iphone users).
My question was:
a. Is it worth spending 2.x lakhs additional for above 4 features?
b. Is it possible to do an upgrade at Toyota service center for installing LED fog lamps and/or 10 inch display? (If yes, any idea about costs?)
c. I read in this forum that the 10 inch infotainment kit integrates much better with 360 camera. Is this true?

2. Purely from a maintenance point of view, is Ageha Glass flake or Super White color better? I live in an area where the roads are narrow, and a lot of tall weeds/grass grow from either side of the road. There will surely be cases where I need to scrap through the grasses/leaves when a vehicle comes from other side. Will leaves/grass/twigs scrape the Ageha paint?
Look wise, I like both, with a slight favor towards Ageha Glass Flake.
Also - Does Ageha Glass Flake require PPF coating to protect?

Based on above points, I may have to decide on whether to upgrade into VX(o) and delay the purchase OR go ahead with the VX Ageha Glass Flake allocated now. (and also bear with any price revisions that Toyota would dump on us)

Opinions will be really helpful in taking decision.
Old 7th September 2023, 11:29   #2244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformlives8 View Post
I had booked GX 8 seater in Feb 2023 and was promised delivery within 2 months. I was not in a hurry to get the car so didn't follow up. Recently I realised that post Oct 2023, 6 airbags are compulsory for 8 seater cars so started following up with dealer asking what will happen to my GX 8S booking if I don't get delivery by 30th Sep 2023. As expected he was clueless and didn't get response from Toyota.
I called Toyota customer care twice in last week they were clueless. I am sure some element of planning goes into production that they should know by know whether they would discontinue 8S option in GX or provide it with airbags.
So comes the final surprise - I escalated and got call from their supervisor who pointed me to Toyota website which mentions all models in Hycross get 6 airbags - https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroo...res-specs.html

Neither the dealer knew this nor the call center executive
I'll suggest you push the dealer for the Festive edition which is due by approx September end or October beginning as it has the same soft-touch interior in chestnut brown on doors as well dashboard as VX/VX(O) along with some exterior cosmetic changes. Price hike will be 40k over the ex-showroom. It is really value for money and you won't regret the decision but very few units will be produced for this.

Rest assured GX is now coming with 6 airbags, got this confirmation from my SA too.

PS : Have booked GX in June and waiting for the Festive Edition.
Old 7th September 2023, 11:46   #2245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuttappanAbhi View Post
I had done a booking for Ageha Glass Flake VX in Dec last year, and the vehicle may be ready for delivery by end of this month. Just wanted to get some thoughts addressed by this learned crowd in this group, thoughts/opinions will be helpful:
1. VX is supposed to have 6 airbags, and this is confirmed with dealer. So I am safe with that. However, the main difference between VXO and VX as per my understanding are: Panoramic Sunroof, 10 inch display, LED fog lamps and Wireless carplay (As a family, we are iphone users).
My question was:
b. Is it possible to do an upgrade at Toyota service center for installing LED fog lamps and/or 10 inch display? (If yes, any idea about costs?)
c. I read in this forum that the 10 inch infotainment kit integrates much better with 360 camera. Is this true?
Hi, been closely following this thread along with it I'm also in waiting line for my GX from Uttam toyota Delhi.

My take on this -
1. The differences you've pointed out between VX & VX(O) are correct, the 8 inch system in VX gets wired connectivity and 10 inch has wireless in VX(O). They both have some bugs in connectivity.
a. It's not worth spending close to 2.5 Lacs for these features unless you really want panoramic sunroof which is a deal breaker for many. I stay in Delhi and multiple users of sunroof say dont use it on daily basis as too much heat comes through greenhouse effect.
b. It's possible to install LED OEM fog lamps from Toyota but they are sheer for cosmetic looks and not effective. They'll cost 12k-13k. Toyota doesn't offer 10 inch system as accessory at their end. You'll get much better options aftermarket, just reach out to a professional shop at your place.
c. More or less integration for 360 camera is same in 10 inch and 8 inch.

Quote:
2. Purely from a maintenance point of view, is Ageha Glass flake or Super White color better? I live in an area where the roads are narrow, and a lot of tall weeds/grass grow from either side of the road. There will surely be cases where I need to scrap through the grasses/leaves when a vehicle comes from other side. Will leaves/grass/twigs scrape the Ageha paint?

Based on above points, I may have to decide on whether to upgrade into VX(o) and delay the purchase OR go ahead with the VX Ageha Glass Flake allocated now. (and also bear with any price revisions that Toyota would dump on us)

2. Anyday, Ageha glass fake will be tedious to maintain and will require PPF to keep up it's shine with time. Whites are easiest to maintain and have their glow with due passage of time. Rest if you are inclined towards Ageha flake glass get PPF done. (I buy all my cars in white due to easy maintenance, high resale & less heat absorbing in comparison to dark colors). As per your use case white will be better.
Ajitesh_Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 17:33   #2246
BHPian

Quote:

As an existing Hycross VXO Pearl White Owner, other than 10inch infotainment & 6 Airbags, rest of the features are feel good features only and once novelty is over, you'll be hardly using them.

Hycross Fog lamps are good for nothing, however 10inch infotainment does look much much better, as compared to 8inch infotainment with thick side bezel and infotainment is something that will be in front your eyes, always.

Regarding Color, if you can maintain Ageha, go for it and please have PPF done. Just so you know, Ageha look different in different lighting conditions.

So, take your call accordingly on variant / color.

Furthermore, I'm trying to document my journey / review in below thread.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...-review-2.html (From dreaming to driving | Toyota Innova Hycross 2.0 Hybrid VX (O) 8S AT Review)

Last edited by woodstock3001 : 7th September 2023 at 17:36. Reason: Link updated.
woodstock3001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 18:55   #2247
BHPian

I find the headlamps of Hycross absolutely useless. I am really keen to understand what can be done without voiding the warranty
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 20:02   #2248

I am finally getting my VX Hybrid Hycross delivered next week after a wait of 6 months. They have asked me to complete the formalities tomorrow (payment, choosing of accessories etc.) Could someone please help with the checklist and what accessories should be done. Thanks.
Old 7th September 2023, 22:28   #2249
BHPian

Quote:
My question was:

I am a big believer in stretching initially to buy a higher model instead of going for a lower one and spend on accessories. Turns out better from resale value and fit and finish perspective.... and also from flaunt value perspective as well if you care about it. So see how much you really plan to spend on accessories and count that figure as delta between the two models, and not 2 lacs.

Black ageha has a novelty factor attached to it for now as you don't see many car around in that shade in any brand.

Sun roof is a really big one and does make a difference to rear passengers when it's not too sunny. At the end of the day it's a feel good feature but a really good one at that. See how much premium you want to give to that while making your calculations.
BlueJay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 22:31   #2250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post

Had same issue and I also went to Espirit Toyota.

MINDA is the OEM and they are still not able to find a solution. Wired android auto works fine but not apple car play.

Visited several times workshop and deadline given is December.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks