Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2023, 23:20   #2221
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
Hi Fellow members,

Need your assistance in choosing the showroom for booking VX model in Delhi NCR. I want to book at the showroom which wouldnot push me into taking accessories, insurance(from them) and is transparent regarding delivery expectations. I dont want the car this year and would want 2024 manufactured model, thus planning to book now.
Any leads from hycross owners in NCR region would be appreciated.

Thanks
Purchase 2 hycross from 2 different dealers. I believe espirit Toyota people are much more approachable compared to my experience with the other dealer.

Through they will try to push for insurance and accessories, you can refuse.

They will not make it mandatory.

Would avoid going to the bigger Toyota dealers as higher people are not as easy approachable.

But keep on asking your waiting sequence and start pushing them 2 months in advance from your expected delivery
Old 31st August 2023, 00:45   #2222
Senior - BHPian

DIY horn upgrade

Bought some shiny Hella Chrome Trumpets from amazon for 1600rs. It often goes on sale for less but my dad's bday was coming up and i wanted to gift these to him.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1959.jpg

Open the hood and take off the plastic cover right in front of the engine bay. Just carefully pop off the plastic rivets and it will come right off.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1975.jpg

The twin stock horns by Roots are located right underneath.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1976.jpg

Unscrew the holder and the whole thing comes off pretty easy

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1980.jpg

The connections for both the horns are the same. So this was just plug and play instead of having to splice wires and install additional relays etc.

These Hella horns are 12V but I can't find a mention of the Amperes anywhere on the packaging. Their website claims it's 5A but I'm guessing it's more. The Hycross manual mentions the stock horn fuses to be of 12v 15A so that's enough leeway hopefully.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1979.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_19821.jpg

Both the stock horns removed.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1983.jpg

The new Hellas in place.

We almost never blow the horn and only use it in case of emergencies to avoid accidents. However, the meek stock horns of the Hycross do not convey the size of the vehicle approaching and when you add the silent nature of the hybrid engine, people often assume it's a 2 wheeler. This leads to them cutting in front of intersections, joining main roads etc without looking, even pedestrians walking along leaving only enough space for a scooter or small car to go by and me having to brake hard and lay on the stock horns until they look back and realise their error.

Glad to report that these new horns do the job well and a quick tap is enough to let people know that it's a larger vehicle and they are appropriately cautious. The horns also sound deeper and way more premium than the stock horns.
Cresterk is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 05:42   #2223

That was nicely explained. Chennai two wheeler drivers are afraid of nothing!
DOODLEBUG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 19:18   #2224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post

DIY horn upgrade

Bought some shiny Hella Chrome Trumpets from amazon for 1600rs. It often goes on sale for less but my dad's bday was coming up and i wanted to gift these to him.
A little disclaimer on this. Just noticed that my shiny new horns are actually visible through the front grill. I personally don't mind but you might want to go for a darker shade if you want to keep the stock look.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1987.jpg
Cresterk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 22:37   #2225
BHPian

My car is finally arriving this month. But the dealer has 2 showrooms, 1 in my city indore and the other 400 kms away. The car is coming to the other one and they say they will drive it here.
I am insisting on bringing it on a flatbed. The GM at the indore dealership says it is absolutely normal and routine to drive it to indore from their other dealership and that they cant bring it on a flatbed truck.

What should i do? allow it to be driven 400 kms before delivery?

My experience with the dealership has been so terrible that i have zero faith left in what they say.
abhinavsureka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 22:49   #2226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
My car is finally arriving this month. But the dealer has 2 showrooms, 1 in my city indore and the other 400 kms away. The car is coming to the other one and they say they will drive it here.
I am insisting on bringing it on a flatbed. The GM at the indore dealership says it is absolutely normal and routine to drive it to indore from their other dealership and that they cant bring it on a flatbed truck.

What should i do? allow it to be driven 400 kms before delivery?

My experience with the dealership has been so terrible that i have zero faith left in what they say.
From which dealer and showroom you booked?
Near or far one? If you have booked and your dealer is the one which is near you then you can surely demand them to transport directly to thier dealership which is near you.
Or ask them to make arrangements for transport at thier cost.

If i were you i would never allow anyone even any dealer to drive my new car for 400kms just like that,i would also advice you to not let them drive.

If possible you should yourself take delivery there and drive 400kms back from there just for peace of mind.

Last edited by manofinfinity : 3rd September 2023 at 22:51.
manofinfinity is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 10:07   #2227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
From which dealer and showroom you booked?
Near or far one? If you have booked and your dealer is the one which is near you then you can surely demand them to transport directly to thier dealership which is near you.
Or ask them to make arrangements for transport at thier cost.

If i were you i would never allow anyone even any dealer to drive my new car for 400kms just like that,i would also advice you to not let them drive.

If possible you should yourself take delivery there and drive 400kms back from there just for peace of mind.
Booked at Indore. And need the delivery also at Indore where I live.
Old 4th September 2023, 11:23   #2228

VX(O) model comes with 6 Units of speakers. This is good enough for 1st and 2nd row.
Is it possible to add additional speakers on the 3rd row? (Without impacting the warranty)
Old 4th September 2023, 11:45   #2229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by payyans View Post
VX(O) model comes with 6 Units of speakers. This is good enough for 1st and 2nd row.
Is it possible to add additional speakers on the 3rd row? (Without impacting the warranty)
1. 6 speakers? I thought it came with 4. 2 in the front doors and 2 in the rear doors. The 2 in the front door might be components; hence, they might advertise it as "6" speakers, but technically, they work as 4.

2. The HU in most cars is designed to drive only two pairs (4 speakers). If you want to add more speakers, you need to add an extra amplifier capable of driving the additional speakers. Some HUs have RCA (line level) out, which makes it convenient, but even if this is not the case, you can use a speaker level to line level converter and drive the add-on amplifier from the speaker level outputs of the HU.

3. Adding more speakers (in parallel) to the existing speakers would create technical issues with the HU (a lot of mumbo-jumbo about impedance, volts and amperes I won't go into at this stage).
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 12:11   #2230

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
1. 6 speakers? I thought it came with 4. 2 in the front doors and 2 in the rear doors. The 2 in the front door might be components; hence, they might advertise it as "6" speakers, but technically, they work as 4.
I am not an expert, but I think we have 4 speakers at the front and 2 at the 2nd row.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...rs#post5582744

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5581871 (Toyota Innova Hycross Review)

Since VX(O) and ZX models has the infotainment unit, I assumed it might have the required power to support additional speakers.
Old 4th September 2023, 12:16   #2231
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by payyans View Post
I am not an expert, but I think we have 4 speakers at the front and 2 in the 2nd row.
I understood. The 4 speakers in the dash act as "full range" speakers, and their response is augmented by the 2 "woofers" in the door. So the dash and front door speakers function as ONE pair. My Camry has a similar speaker layout.

What I said in my earlier post still stands. You will need additional amplifiers to drive any additional speakers you wish to add. Technically this MIGHT void a warranty but usually, manufacturers don't seem to mind audio modifications as long as they are neatly done and do not impact the other functionality.

Last edited by navin : 4th September 2023 at 12:17.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 11:14   #2232

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppc_rgs View Post
Mine is a July manufactured car. Have not faced any issue with wireless carplay connectivity so far. In fact, i connected my phone during PDI and that is it. The connection is seamless so far.
I faced huge problems in my VX (VX does not have wireless Apple carplay/ Android).
Thanks to a member here who recommended Carlinkit. My apple Carplay works well... no longer wired to my phone. Only the Carlinkit is connected

Thanks
Libran10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 11:20   #2233

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilsequeira View Post
Hi Team, I booked my Hycross (Silver) - VX on 21-02-2023 at Nandi Toyota (hosur road, bangalore). I was told that the vehicle delivery will be within 4-5 months. It seems the expected date of delivery extends by a month everytime I ask the sales person. I saw some email id to voice our concern with Toyota upper management. Could some one please reply to this post? Also, in my case since the sales executive was not available in Nandi Toyota, the sales person (Mani) from Nandi Toyota, Bannerghatta road, assisted. Not sure how different it would be in terms of the waiting time. Nevertheless, the wait feels unending to get this vehicle (almost 7 months over). Any feedback with Nandi Toyota Hosur or Bannerghatta Road would help as well. (This would be my first vehicle from Toyota)
I got my VX delivered in one week from booking in April 2023(wait period was 12-14 months). I guess it is because of long standing relationship with Nandi - Innova, Crysta and now Hycross. I got it from Banaswadi Branch. DM me for contact of Sales person who was able to push it thru'. hopefully, he should be be able to work something out for you.. *hope* is the operative word here
Libran10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 12:55   #2234
BHPian

Visited MGF Toyota, Gurugram to enquire about the Hycross ZX. No display car, no test drives and bookings also closed!

Does anyone have any information on when are bookings likely to resume and how soon can one get a ZX variant delivered? They said they could deliver a Fortuner Petrol A/T within a month, but I would then be paying 5 lakhs more than the Innova for an older model with fewer features and a bumpy ride.
At present, there does not seem to a viable 3rd option comparable to these two. The Mahindra twins seem to be great cars, but the niggles and breakdowns seem to be rather concerning.
Old 5th September 2023, 13:27   #2235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libran10 View Post
I got my VX delivered in one week from booking in April 2023(wait period was 12-14 months). I guess it is because of long standing relationship with Nandi - Innova, Crysta and now Hycross. I got it from Banaswadi Branch. DM me for contact of Sales person who was able to push it thru'. hopefully, he should be be able to work something out for you.. *hope* is the operative word here
Looks like i dont have sufficient privileges to send a private message. Can you help to send a PM to me. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks