Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2023, 17:25   #2116
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
They mentioned since it is prone to hits, especially in tight situations, they provide it to only to those who specifically ask for it.

Just to be clear it is not my car in the picture but i am planning to get it fixed when i visit for the 1 month service.
Thirty Six Toyota in Faridabad just confirmed that there is no such official accessory available as of now.

The photo which you have posted is showing a really good side step. Hope that is available soon in Delhi NCR.

If anyone is aware about its availability in NCR, do let me know...
Old 8th August 2023, 20:19   #2117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post

Few upgrades for my Hycross VX:

I have recently added - Roof Rails, Wheel Cladding, Window Beltline Chrome, Fender Chrome and Front Fog lamp Garnish. Installation is D.I.Y. All these items were ordered online and installation was done by me only at my home.
Looking superb! Now SHE (the car) has put on all its jewellery.

I also had the fog lamp garnish installed to break the monotonous look on the front.

Had a scrub with a bike and the front wheel arch attachment (bumper) got loose. I took it off to fix it later. Got minor paint scratch on bumper. Any solution to fix or leave it like that?

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_20230806_160123.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_20230806_160100.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_20230806_162225.jpg

Checked with Dealer about the black front bumper part alone and they have to order it. I am thinking is it worth fixing or leave it like that?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 8th August 2023 at 20:34. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 8th August 2023, 22:12   #2118
BHPian

https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...-2023/3198055/

With Toyota registering its best-ever monthly sales in July, the Innova Hycross outsells hybrid versions of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara and Hyryder.

Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) closed the Q2 on a high by selling 21,911 units in July 2023, marking the company’s best-ever sales in India. The domestic sales accounted to 20,759 units, which is a Y-o-Y growth of 10 per cent as compared to July 2022, while the exports stood at 1,152 units. By managing to clock such phenomenal numbers, a major chunk of it is the Innova Hycross, which is comfortably sitting in pole position as the best-selling hybrid vehicle in India beating the strong hybrid versions of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara and Hyryder.

Based on a report, the strong hybrid segment’s numbers have dropped in Q2 2023 to 14,399 units as compared to 22,389 units in Q1, 2023. The reason is not due to lack of demand rather Toyota, the leader in the hybrid segment, was forced to cut down on production and deliveries of the Innova Hycross. As a matter of fact, the MPV has an average waiting period of eight months and in some cities, it’s even over a year.

Based on the Q2 numbers, the Innova Hycross clocked 7,073 units while the Grand Vitara and the Hyryder managed 3,763 and 2,251 units respectively. By accounting for such numbers, the Innova Hycross has a lion’s share of the hybrid market, 49 per cent to be precise. On the other hand, the Grand Vitara and the Hyryder have a share of 26 per cent and 16 per cent, which combined is still less than the Innova Hycross.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 8th August 2023 at 22:15.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 22:19   #2119
BHPian

Just got mine delivered couple of hours ago, did pooja, took a short round with family, came home and now penning this. It's a zxo, blackish ageha with no accessory. Overall a pleasant addition to family, middle row especially oozes luxurious comfort and ride is not too hard, not too soft, somewhere in the middle, which is good.

I had forgotten to check the E20 sticker during PDI and the sales guy said that there is no such sticker on fuel lid. Was much relieved to see it in its expected place. It was also good to see that mom was able to climb into the second row with minimal assistance but I guess in an ongoing basis I will need to keep a "pattara". She usually doesnt like the side step as it required some minimum threshold strength in arms to be able to use that comfortably, but will need to explore that as well.

Next I need to buy a child seat for my almost-4 year old. A seat which can be fixed in any of the three rows will be preferred. Any suggestions would be welcome.
BlueJay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 22:39   #2120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Just got mine delivered couple of hours ago, did pooja, took a short round with family, came home and now penning this. It's a zxo, blackish ageha with no accessory. Overall a pleasant addition to family, middle row especially oozes luxurious comfort and ride is not too hard, not too soft, somewhere in the middle, which is good.
Many Congratulations! Enjoy the Ride!
Old 9th August 2023, 01:06   #2121

Quote:

I had forgotten to check the E20 sticker during PDI and the sales guy said that there is no such sticker on fuel lid. Was much relieved to see it in its expected place. It was also good to see that mom was able to climb into the second row with minimal assistance but I guess in an ongoing basis I will need to keep a "pattara". She usually doesnt like the side step as it required some minimum threshold strength in arms to be able to use that comfortably, but will need to explore that as well.

Next I need to buy a child seat for my almost-4 year old. A seat which can be fixed in any of the three rows will be preferred. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Congratulations on the getting delivery of the vehicle.
If you don't mind sharing, which dealership in noida did you purchase from and when was your booking made?
Old 9th August 2023, 10:11   #2122
BHPian

Quote:

I had forgotten to check the E20 sticker during PDI and the sales guy said that there is no such sticker on fuel lid. Was much relieved to see it in its expected place.

Hi,

Can you post a picture of the sticker alone? Just want to know how that looks like. Just like your case, the sales at the dealership are completely unaware of such a sticker.

The demo vehicles do not carry this since they are all older vehicles.

Last edited by subbarp : 9th August 2023 at 10:13.
Old 9th August 2023, 12:32   #2123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppc_rgs View Post
Congratulations Inwester in your new ride.

Incidentally, I did PDI of Hycross ZX(O) in Sparkling Black yesterday. Didn't knew it has a long name.

My original booking was for Blackish Aegha, but SA asked me in early July if I'm ok with this colour. After PDI, i'm happy to go ahead with this July manufactured car, that arrived at the dealership day before yesterday. Will post the delivery experience soon.
I got delivery of the car last Sunday. ODO was at 8kms at the time of delivery. Did PDI using the Team-BHP checklist (super helpful, thank you team) couple of days before delivery, and everything seemed to be in order. Apart from the drive from dealership to temple and to home, haven't taken the car out for a spin yet. Everyone at home is thrilled with Hycross and are looking forward to a road trip. Added the following accessories to the car:

- Side step
- Mud Guard
- Door housing

Will post my review after some driving. Cheers.
ppc_rgs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 18:14   #2124
BHPian

I recently come across this video in this you can see the floor carpeting also covered the Cooling vent of Hybrid battery.
I don't understand why people and owners without proper knowledge do such things dangerous modifications.
Even the shop owner is unaware of the Cooling vent which needs to remain open, I have seen other modification video also of hycross modifications where the hybrid fan was covered.

I wonder what will be the reaction of Service centre guys when they see the hybrid fan covered.
manofinfinity is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 18:21   #2125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
I recently come across this video https://Youtu.be/j083WkaIPzU in this you can see the floor carpeting also covered the Cooling vent of Hybrid battery.
I don't understand why people and owners without proper knowledge do such things dangerous modifications.
Even the shop owner is unaware of the Cooling vent which needs to remain open, I have seen other modification video also of hycross modifications where the hybrid fan was covered.

I wonder what will be the reaction of Service centre guys when they see the hybrid fan covered.
I also saw this video yesterday and I was shocked to see all this!
This is a Hybrid car and such kind of modification may lead to high amount of heat which can actually malfunction the battery which inturn can turn can impact both the electrical & mechanical operations of this Hybrid vehicle.

Everyone should stay away from Karol Bagh and their modifications. They are just warranty killers! Also floor 2nd covering / faux leather matting is absolutely the most unnecessary thing in any car. No educated person would do that! There is a definite reason why car manufacturers provide carpet matting as standard for the complete floor. Covering it end to end with faux leather is absolutely not advised. I wonder how people can leave their expensive cars with such untrained and illiterate shopkeepers in Karol Bagh!

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 9th August 2023 at 18:31.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 20:07   #2126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
in this you can see the floor carpeting also covered the Cooling vent of Hybrid battery.
Yeah clowns like these are how you end up with fires and blanket bans on 3rd party accessories along with denied warranties on even small modifications. If you are going for 3rd party, always take the utmost care to ensure that the shop actually knows what they are doing and isn't just looking to make a quick buck.
Old 10th August 2023, 13:02   #2127
BHPian

Innova seems to be rising above the competition!
Hope Toyota has bumped up the production and the waiting periods should come down soon!
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-captur.jpg
Old 10th August 2023, 15:11   #2128
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Innova seems to be rising above the competition!
Hope Toyota has bumped up the production and the waiting periods should come down soon!
Attachment 2488102
I really wish that Toyota provides us with the breakup in sales between the Hycross and the Crysta. That would give us a true idea of the sales figure in the D1 segment. I wouldn't be surprised though, if the Hycross still ends up at the top. Only if Mahindra sorts out its production issue, can the XUV7OO come out on top in the D1 segment though it does have an additional price advantage over the Hycross.

There is no doubt though, that the Hycross is a success and shall rule the D1 segment in the times to come.
Old 10th August 2023, 21:22   #2129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachen.puri View Post
Congratulations on the getting delivery of the vehicle.
If you don't mind sharing, which dealership in noida did you purchase from and when was your booking made?
Thanks Sachen. Mine is from Espirit Toyota in sector 8. Booked it on the first day booking opened.
Old 10th August 2023, 21:24   #2130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
Hi,

Can you post a picture of the sticker alone? Just want to know how that looks like. Just like your case, the sales at the dealership are completely unaware of such a sticker.

The demo vehicles do not carry this since they are all older vehicles.
Will do that tomorrow, however it's just a plain white sticker with E20 written on it.
BlueJay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks