Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2023, 14:05   #2086

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
Understood that once we look at fuel lid sticker, we can assume the vehicle to be e20 complaint.
But are all HyCross being sold now e20 complaint? From which effective date/ month of manufacture are all HyCross e20 compliant? Do we know that?
All the vehicle manufactured from May 2023 has got the E20 sticker in the fuel lid. I got my vehicle in May.
Carz1856 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 21:37   #2087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlesh View Post
Please post your feedback for GFX 3D mats and sills.
Received the door sills a few days back and the driver took it to the dealership to install them where they told it will void the insurance/warranty and hence refused to install.
inwester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 23:15   #2088
BHPian

Though a bit late, I happened to take a test drive today. The car I drove was the Hybrid version and here are my observations

* Engine was super silent at idle and great power, however I did hear engine grunt even with light throttle.

* Seats were of great comfort both front and back, I was able to adjust my driving position in no time.

* Car was easy to manoeuvre and it didn’t give me the feel of driving a big car

* Innova is known for its suspension, during my recent trip to Tirupati we went in 2016 Innova model, I am not sure if he had tuned the suspension or it was in stock; trust me it was easily the best ride I experienced in some years, I didn’t feel any jerks in the cabin. It ate small to medium potholes like anything.I was expecting the same in Hycross and I should say it is not the case, was bit disappointed; maybe I over expected. Even the small potholes were felt in the cabin and I didn’t find any difference in suspension between Hycross and my Venue.

* Elephant in the room mileage, during my brief drive I got a mileage of 12.6, I didn’t do any sprinted drive, was very careful in my drive to test the hybrid mileage but it was not great. Need to check again

Is it worth to go for Hybrid?

Price perspective GX is at 25L and VX hybrid is at 32L, I am planning to test drive GX variant as well. According to me spending 7 Lakhs just for Hybrid is not worth it, I did a rough math to check if Hybrid better mileage is worth spending that extra money and you need to drive more than 110K km to reap benefits.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_2745.jpeg

Overall, I am kind off 50:50 with my experience today. Will drive GX variant to check its ride quality.
vvivek85 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 01:40   #2089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlesh View Post
Please post your feedback for GFX 3D mats and sills.
The options that Toyota offers for floor mats were limited. They didn’t offer 3D mats. The GFX have been wonderful. They fit like a glove. They also provide mat for the boot.
ashwinikalantri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 14:08   #2090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
With that said, there is no dearth of power. Even in ECO/ Normal mode, the car accelerates with a problem (the engine can roar a bit).
As I mentioned in my previous posts, nothing is heard inside my Hycross. Even the so-called Engine roar is also minimalistic. Since my Hycross is completely sound-proof. Thanks to the damping inside my hood, doors and boot. The in-cabin experience is at a different level inside my Hycross.

Damping is very important for this specific vehicle!
Old 6th August 2023, 19:17   #2091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post

Attachment 2486053

Overall, I am kind off 50:50 with my experience today. Will drive GX variant to check its ride quality.

I am sure GX being NA, will return single digit economy. So I am sure it is all about how fast you can recover the balance(read high usage), otherwise it is always going to be difficult to justify.

Toyota is smart enough to not offer a VX NA but if I were to compare say hyryder which has V AT and V hybrid, the premium is around 3.5L just for hybrid setup.

Also Hycross VX comes with just 2 air bags (Invicto zeta plus is a better choice here)

I am currently 50:50 between XUV700 AX7 diesel AT vs Hycross VX(o) so I suggest you consider XUV as well which gives you more feature set for less price.

Last edited by rajshenoy : 6th August 2023 at 19:28.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 20:18   #2092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I am sure GX being NA, will return single digit economy. So I am sure it is all about how fast you can recover the balance(read high usage), otherwise it is always going to be difficult to justify.

Toyota is smart enough to not offer a VX NA but if I were to compare say hyryder which has V AT and V hybrid, the premium is around 3.5L just for hybrid setup.

Also Hycross VX comes with just 2 air bags (Invicto zeta plus is a better choice here)

I am currently 50:50 between XUV700 AX7 diesel AT vs Hycross VX(o) so I suggest you consider XUV as well which gives you more feature set for less price.
You will get oodles of space, a much better resale, a better service, reliability with Toyota Hybrid vehicles and they offer peace of mind for 15 yrs while a diesel XUV 700 will offer lesser resale + at max 10 yrs of lifespan.

Invicto Zeta is short of 10+ features as compared with Hycross VX. There is no 360 degree camera in Invicto base model and there is no rear defogger. Even the front and back sensors are also missing.

However still Invicto or Hycross are much better choice than XUV 700.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 6th August 2023 at 20:23.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 21:18   #2093
BHPian

I had my first service done. Got the Muffler cutter installed. SA suggested Silencer protector coat that I politely refused. Had a good overall experience.

Went for a 500km drive over the weekend, part of it was through ghat section with hairpin bends. I did not feel lack of power anywhere even in eco mode. Overall average I got was 16 kmpl.

I have ordered GFX 3D mats online. I am thinking of installing roof rails and side steps.

I feel the cabin lighting provided is not adequate, any other owner feels this and if there is any solution.
Old 7th August 2023, 06:27   #2094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
We both are in the same dilemma. Hycross VXO is missing several features like blind spot monitor through wing mirror mounted cameras, adaptive cruise control, 12 speaker audio system, wireless android auto when compared to XUV700 AX7L.

Mahindra dealers are giving at least 7 to 9 months waiting for AX7L D AT.

Toyota dealer that I am dealing with is pushing me to go for VX instead of VXO. VX can be delivered in 4 to 6 months. No commitment on VXO , you can try your luck.

However, the prospect of owning a Toyota is very tempting.
Old 7th August 2023, 09:39   #2095

I am currently having two bookings of Hycross VX model. Both are now mature as per SA’s. Though I am putting both of them on hold.

Reason – My priority is to get VX model with 6 airbags.

As per the most recent conversations with both SA’s at different dealerships, it is expected that VX model with 6 airbags will debut this month or surely next month.

Anyone else, also heard the same?
Old 7th August 2023, 09:59   #2096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
After a bit of driving in a ghat section, the car started displaying this message asking me to take a break. What triggers this? Could it be the winding roads, making the car think that it's swaying too much?

Also this notification refuses to go away, unless I take that break! The back button will dismiss it, but it will be back within a second.
Interesting!
We did 2 major trips from Pune like the Ashtavinayak trip (740 kms in 2 days) and Ganpatipule trip (330 kms one way) and as you can see, there are ghat sections and long highways too.
I didn't see any notification of any sort.
Our trips were filled with breaks after 2-3 hours of driving.
Did you drive non-stop for 300+ kms?
My model is VX, so maybe the intelligent prompts is not there (not sure).
Old 7th August 2023, 10:26   #2097
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
* Innova is known for its suspension, during my recent trip to Tirupati we went in 2016 Innova model, I am not sure if he had tuned the suspension or it was in stock; trust me it was easily the best ride I experienced in some years, I didn’t feel any jerks in the cabin. It ate small to medium potholes like anything.I was expecting the same in Hycross and I should say it is not the case, was bit disappointed; maybe I over expected. Even the small potholes were felt in the cabin and I didn’t find any difference in suspension between Hycross and my Venue.

* Elephant in the room mileage, during my brief drive I got a mileage of 12.6, I didn’t do any sprinted drive, was very careful in my drive to test the hybrid mileage but it was not great. Need to check again

Price perspective GX is at 25L and VX hybrid is at 32L, I am planning to test drive GX variant as well. According to me spending 7 Lakhs just for Hybrid is not worth it, I did a rough math to check if Hybrid better mileage is worth spending that extra money and you need to drive more than 110K km to reap benefits.

Attachment 2486053

It's possible that 2016 Innova has thicker profile tires. Tire pressure and profile of the tire makes a huge difference to the ride quality. I'm not familiar with the specs - but go for the one with smaller rims (thicker profile).

It takes some learning to extract good FE from a Hybrid. You need to anticipate traffic better so that you can brake and accelerate very gently allowing the Hybrid to do it's magic.

You can't compare the price difference between Hybrid vs regular models purely based on FE related savings. Hybrid offers a very smooth and luxurious experience - once you get used it it, you will find the regular Innova to be one segment lower.

If you have the budget for Hybrid, you should 100% go for it. It's by far the most impressive feature in any Toyota car.
Old 7th August 2023, 10:50   #2098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Interesting!
We did 2 major trips from Pune like the Ashtavinayak trip (740 kms in 2 days) and Ganpatipule trip (330 kms one way) and as you can see, there are ghat sections and long highways too.
I didn't see any notification of any sort.
Our trips were filled with breaks after 2-3 hours of driving.
Did you drive non-stop for 300+ kms?
My model is VX, so maybe the intelligent prompts is not there (not sure).
300+ kms could be a reason. But I have driven 300+ kms on other occasions too, without this prompt. Also, this happened on the same ghat between Sambalpur Orissa and Kolkata, both ways. On the way to Kolkata, this ghat is about ~200kms from Sambalpur, on the way back its ~250 kms from Kharagpur, WB (where I took a stop).

VX doesnt have the ADAS features. This could be dependent on the car tracking movements with the help of ADAS.

I couldn’t find anything about this in the manual.

Last edited by ashwinikalantri : 7th August 2023 at 11:07.
Old 7th August 2023, 12:13   #2099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki_marvel View Post
I am currently having two bookings of Hycross VX model. Both are now mature as per SA’s. Though I am putting both of them on hold.

Reason – My priority is to get VX model with 6 airbags.

As per the most recent conversations with both SA’s at different dealerships, it is expected that VX model with 6 airbags will debut this month or surely next month.

Anyone else, also heard the same?
Thanks @loki_marvel for raising this. I had exactly the same question earlier in this group, especially since the last known govt order has been mandating 6 airbags from Oct 2023.
I too have the booking for VX model, but has been waiting for 6 air bags to be added. Good to know about this. Thanks for sharing the info
KuttappanAbhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 12:53   #2100

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuttappanAbhi View Post
Thanks @loki_marvel for raising this. I had exactly the same question earlier in this group, especially since the last known govt order has been mandating 6 airbags from Oct 2023.
I too have the booking for VX model, but has been waiting for 6 air bags to be added. Good to know about this. Thanks for sharing the info
@KuttappanAbhi, You are most welcome.

It is now confirmed that all VX models from this month onwards will come with six airbags.

MY SA just called and confirmed. Allocation of vehicles from Toyota is expected today for this month.

New VX models expected to hit the showrooms for delivery this week onwards.

Guess what - Six airbags without any price hike, at least for this month.
loki_marvel is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks