Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2023, 11:44   #2071
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Was it just to declutter or there is more reasoning behind it?
This was an aesthetic choice. I like the clean look.

It also adds the `What car was that?` mystique!
Old 5th August 2023, 00:36   #2072

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
[*]Do you think there were rats and these dogs were trying to catch/hunt them resulting in the damage?[*]I can clearly see dog bites on the tin sheet which clearly shows it’s a dog
This has happened 5 times this year to my mother in law's car. I've read about 2 other cases where this has happened.
In the case of my mum in law's car, the dogs bent and chewed through the HSRP number plate, ripped off the front bumper, tore off the plastic wheel arch cladding, cut off the front headlight wiring harness and the radiator wires by going into the engine compartment from under the car.
They also chewed up the thin sheet metal of the wheel arch panel and scratched up the paint.
All of this was captured on CCTV.
We checked and found that the first time a cat had run from the dogs and hid near the engine and the dogs had destroyed the car while trying to get the cat to come out.
But in the subsequent cases, we didn't see the cat or a rat. It looks to me that these dogs get some kind of satisfaction from tearing up the car now and they have become habituated to it.
In my case, the society doesn't have a gate and building a covered garage is not possible so we've stopped fixing the car for now.

In your case, the rats and the cats are not the immediate problem. Those dogs could come back and destroy the car again even if there is no rat or cat.
Always ensure that the car is not accessible to the dogs, if possible. Such behaviour is mostly observed at night when humans are not around.

For rats, leave rat poison cakes once a month near your car. Nothing else will work.
aniketnvkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 00:47   #2073

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Next week Monday I visited the workshop and the engineer showed me the remains of the cables and the insulation tin which is on top of the exhaust pipes. While I was talking to the engineer, he said that these look like dog bites and not something a rat would do. Long story short, been 3 weeks since the car has been at the workshop and being fixed under insurance and has taken time as the spares were not available in stock. I am yet to get the car so have to wait and watch.
I had same issue with 2023 Innova CRYSTA. Same dog bite and same wire as well. Twice! I had it fixed by dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-9ca3840073b9443b8077e86725afa50f.jpeg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th August 2023 at 05:52. Reason: Trimming quoted post and removing “….”
Old 5th August 2023, 03:37   #2074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
... if the hungry dogs found out some prey, they will do this and dogs are known to rip off even bumpers.

Happened in my case. If the rats hide behind wheel arches and in the engine bay, the dogs will easily chew into the metal fenders in a desperate attempt to reach them and will rip off the bumpers like they are made of paper.
for_cars1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 10:22   #2075
BHPian

Hi,

I am yet to get a confirmation from dealer that HyCROSS is e20 compliant. The confirmation is only verbal and not otherwise. Are all new vehicles arriving with the e20 sticker? How do we determine this compliance?
Old 5th August 2023, 10:43   #2076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Yesterday, I got an overall average of 18.9 kmpl on my drive from Delhi to Punjab.
On my recent 2500 km Wardha - Kolkata trip, I was able to get 16.5 - 17 kmph. I agree that the car demands sedate driving style.

The ADAS has been super helpful with gentle nudges when the road curves or when I was moving out of a lane. I had the Emergency breaks get activate a couple of times. They can be unnecessary sometimes, but I like that it is there and am ok with erring to the side of safety. The breaks triggered when I was overtaking a bike, and the car thought I would crash into it.

With that said, there is no dearth of power. Even in ECO/ Normal mode, the car accelerates with a problem (the engine can roar a bit).
Old 5th August 2023, 10:53   #2077
BHPian

Before buying the Hycross, my only compromise with it was that it will not be as powerful as its cousins specially those running on diesel. My experience and these tests have pleasantly surprised me.

1-100 acceleration

Hycross Petrol:
Normal: 11:08
Eco: 11:12

Hycross Hybrid:
Power: 9:52
Normal: 9:58
Eco: 10:03

Safari
Eco: 14:24
City: 14:01
Sports: 13:40

XUV700 Petrol 10:53

XUV700
Zoom: 10:07
Zap: 10:27
Zip: 11:07

ashwinikalantri is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 10:57   #2078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
How do we determine this compliance?
The user manual clearly states that if the car has a E20 sticker, its compliant.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_9dafe6cd43b81.jpeg

The footer is worrisome. I personally will refrain from using E20 fuel.
Old 5th August 2023, 10:59   #2079
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
Before buying the Hycross, my only compromise with it was that it will not be as powerful as its cousins specially those running on diesel. My experience and these tests have pleasantly surprised me.

1-100 acceleration

Hycross Petrol:
Normal: 11:08
Eco: 11:12

Hycross Hybrid:
Power: 9:52
Normal: 9:58
Eco: 10:03

XUV700 Petrol 10:53

XUV700
Zoom: 10:07
Zap: 10:27
Zip: 11:07
Hard to believe that it outclassed XUV700. Non-hybrid Hycross's numbers are much harder to believe. By the way I liked the car a lot in white color.

Last edited by wheelguy : 5th August 2023 at 11:19. Reason: Added a sentence
Old 5th August 2023, 11:15   #2080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Hard to believe that it outclassed XUV700. Non-hybrid Hycross's numbers are much harder to believe.
I don't think these numbers really matter. I doubt you will buy a Hycross to race. More often than not, it's going to be a practical and safe family car. But at the same time, colour me impressed.
ashwinikalantri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 11:17   #2081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
The user manual clearly states that if the car has a E20 sticker, its compliant.
The footer is worrisome. I personally will refrain from using E20 fuel.
Understood that once we look at fuel lid sticker, we can assume the vehicle to be e20 complaint.
But are all HyCross being sold now e20 complaint? From which effective date/ month of manufacture are all HyCross e20 compliant? Do we know that?
Old 5th August 2023, 11:19   #2082
BHPian

Quote:
Understood that once we look at fuel lid sticker, we can assume the vehicle to be e20 complaint.
But are all HyCross being sold now e20 complaint? From which effective date/ month of manufacture are all HyCross e20 compliant? Do we know that?
These sticker started appearing somewhere during April/May.
Old 5th August 2023, 11:30   #2083
BHPian

After a bit of driving in a ghat section, the car started displaying this message asking me to take a break. What triggers this? Could it be the winding roads, making the car think that it's swaying too much?

Also this notification refuses to go away, unless I take that break! The back button will dismiss it, but it will be back within a second.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_9301.jpg

Last edited by ashwinikalantri : 5th August 2023 at 11:44.
ashwinikalantri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 11:36   #2084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have verified this sticker during my PDI, it is present inside the fuel lid. It is manufactured in the month of Juy. I have read somewhere that all new cars sold in India have to be E20 compliant starting Apr. Given that we have compromised on quite a few points for the price tag of this car, especially higher ZX variants, glad to know that this is not one of them as it can potentially have an impact on basic and critical stuff like fuel supply and engine itself.
santosh.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 11:56   #2085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Hard to believe that it outclassed XUV700. Non-hybrid Hycross's numbers are much harder to believe. By the way I liked the car a lot in white color.
May be you are comparing absolute power/torque figures rather than power/torque to weight ratios? XUV700 is around 2000 kg whereas Hycross is much lighter around 1750 kg as per quick google search, which can make significant difference.
santosh.s is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks