Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2023, 07:26   #1951
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
I took delivery of my Innova Hycross ZX in Silver colour. I am very happy with the car until now. I will provide more inputs / observations once I cover some distance. I have a few queries for the fellow Hycross owners.

1. Wireless Apple Carplay does not connect automatically. Do we have to connect it manually every time?
2. How to mute the Audio, I did not find the mute button.
3. The Fuel consumption shows in Litres consumed per 100 kms, is there a way to change it to KMPL

Tyre Pressure: The recommended tyre pressure is 24-26 ; I am not sure if I am reading this correctly. All my others car the recommended is between 32 and 34 Psi. Please let me know what is the correct tyre pressure.
Congratulations on your car. The fuel consumption settings can be changed in the console.
Recommended tyre pressure is 32-34 Psi. Where did you read it as 24-26. I miss rain sensing wipers too. My 2015 XUV had this.
I guess nothing is perfect.

Last edited by Axe77 : 17th July 2023 at 07:41. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Abhijeetsinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 10:00   #1952
BHPian

Quote:
1. Wireless Apple Carplay does not connect automatically. Do we have to connect it manually every time?
2. How to mute the Audio, I did not find the mute button.
3. The Fuel consumption shows in Litres consumed per 100 kms, is there a way to change it to KMPL
1. My car connects automatically to wireless CarPlay. But if I have connected via wired CarPlay, then I have to manually connect. Now I have developed a habit to let the wireless CarPlay connect before connecting the cable.

2. The power button (PWR) on the infotainment system acts as a mute button.

3. KMPL can be set within the settings on the car.
ashwinikalantri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 12:54   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I took delivery of my Innova Hycross ZX in Silver colour.
Hello pach & other esteemed members

Did you pay Depot & Auxiliary charges? I am getting insurance quote of 171000/- for ZX(O) charges!! What did you do?

Please suggest.

Last edited by dineshnan : 17th July 2023 at 12:56. Reason: Addressed to other members
Old 17th July 2023, 21:47   #1954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observant_0509 View Post
Dear Members, I am attaching the proforma invoice that I received from the dealer. Request you all to please take a look and share your views on the “Auxillary Charges” being levied as well.
For BH registration, I believe we are supposed to pay road tax in 5 or 6 installments over the life time of vehicle. Is the amount shown in the invoice (~4L) total sum of all installments? Do we get better road tax rates for BH as compared to normal registration, apart from paying it in parts?

I stay in Bangalore and I am about to get delivery of my hycross zx(o). In Karnataka, private employees are not yet allowed to choose BH registration but I am considering an option to do it from Maharashtra (which is my home state) in case I don't opt for company's car lease.
santosh.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 21:50   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshnan View Post
Hello pach & other esteemed members

Did you pay Depot & Auxiliary charges? I am getting insurance quote of 171000/- for ZX(O) charges!! What did you do?

Please suggest.
No, I haven't been charged Depot and Auxiliary charge.
Mine is ZX they quoted 146K, I removed few unnecessary topups abd it got reduced to 125K. They pushed me to take insurance from them but it was not mandatory.
pach is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 22:29   #1956
Senior - BHPian

I have been watching this thread and team-bhp in general for some time recently before finalizing on hycross zx(o) as my new car purchase. As could be expected, all the information available out there has clarified most doubts, pros/cons about the car, and I do agree with almost everything based on a couple of test-drives I took.

Here are a few other specific queries with which I need help:

1. A couple of cars have an adaptive cruise control feature as part of ADAS suite specifically tailored to city traffic which Toyota seems to miss out. Like MG calling it "traffic jam assist" and similarly Honda has their similar version. Can someone throw some light on that, is it really practically useful in city jams?

2. I plan to replace stock tyres with something that is an allrounder VFM in general but specifically excels in noise level and all weather grip departments. Any specific suggestions? I believe all tyres feel silent when new, but slowly get noisy as they age. I am looking for something that would remain silent in long run, if it exists. So far, I have used Falken Sincera's quite extensively as I thought they come close to my criteria and are pretty good and VFM. But they also get quite noisy after say 4-5 years. Better suggestions are welcome.

3. I liked 18" alloys that come with zxo, but I do agree that 50 profile tyre size is not the optimum choice both from looks and ride/handling balance point of view. 17" that comes with VXx models and now with Invicto would be better options I guess. I wish someone owning hycross or invicto with 17" alloys is open to exchange the alloys with me Though I didn't like the look of VXx wheel design and finish, Invicto design looks better to my eyes. Is this really worth considering or should I just stick to stock wheels and size? (I am not going to introduce tyre size error beyond 1-2% because I believe doing so will will mess with speedometer, ADAS and a few other aspects.)

4. I read somewhere that Invicto has same accessories as Hycross, but are priced at 50% of the cost that Toyota charges. I am seriously considering buying such optional add-ons (for example body claddings) from them! Are there any known issues/concerns with this?

Last edited by santosh.s : 17th July 2023 at 22:51.
Old 18th July 2023, 17:55   #1957
BHPian

Did anyone get delivery of Hycross ZX(O) from MGF Toyota Gurugram?
Old 18th July 2023, 19:17   #1958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Even got to meet their technical head to answer some queries I had. Got the KeyFob controlled windows + sunroof open and close features mentioned in the manual activated. They had never done that before but they were willing to listen and find out how to do it instead of just brushing it off which meant quite a lot to me. Funny how a feature that was introduced by Skoda/VW and was basically considered their trademark by the media / owners is no longer available in their new 2.0 products but is now available in a Toyota which generally had a reputation of having no features.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharad_kmc View Post
Hi! just wanted to know how did they go about it? Wasn’t aware about this function on the Hycross yet. Will try and get this done during my next service.

I had some free time this weekend so I made a video about this feature. You need to get it activated via Toyota's scan tool. Was done for free at the dealership.
Cresterk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 22:20   #1959
BHPian

Came across this extreme mileage test of Maruti invicto. Guess this is applicable to our Hycross too. Seems with fuel tank we should not worry for at least 850 kms.
Old 19th July 2023, 06:24   #1960
BHPian

Few weeks back, on Tuesday I had taken my VX(o) Hycross to office and then parked the car in my garage. That night the garage door wasn’t latched/locked correctly by our helper and the next day morning while I was headed out to the gym, I noticed the garage door was left open and closed it only to notice that the car cover was fully torn on both the sides near the front tyres (I suspected street dogs).

On that Saturday, I had planned to take my dad to the farm and the car. When I started the car I got 4-5 different alerts ranging from Brake fluid low/ABS issue etc and when I tried to reverse the car, got greeted by a loud noise snd literally the brakes were not working. As the car moved, I found a lot of cables lying on the floor broken/chewed/hanging. I had to request an RSA from Toyota and got the car towed to Mody Toyota workshop. That evening the service manager called and informed that it looks like rat ate the cables etc.During the weekend, I sat to examine the security cam footage of garage and saw two dogs had entered and near my car early morning that day.

Next week Monday I visited the workshop and the engineer showed me the remains of the cables and the insulation tin which is on top of the exhaust pipes. While I was talking to the engineer, he said that these look like dog bites and not something a rat would do. Long story short, been 3 weeks since the car has been at the workshop and being fixed under insurance and has taken time as the spares were not available in stock. I am yet to get the car so have to wait and watch.

Few questions which I wanted to ask here:
  • 2 of my other cars parked outside my house plus most of the society cars including my neighbours cars are always out but never have I seen such a thing done by the dogs, just does not make sense
  • Do you think there were rats and these dogs were trying to catch/hunt them resulting in the damage?
  • I can clearly see dog bites on the tin sheet which clearly shows it’s a dog
  • Should I consider rat prevention hardware like this or the sprays etc - CARCAT Ultrasound Rat Repellent for Automobiles - 2nd Gen - CARCAT-DUO- Ultrasound+Strobe LED -Made in India -Waterproof rat protection for rat problem in car-protect car from rats - best 94% efficacy https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07XPHKFV1/...WJ5QWRZR9GDWQS
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-e9def7cabf834c52a034435f43bbbb91.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-7935dd9f4861434c8c3fc9624ac5076d.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-cec4be7834fa4371b2cd99e24529e66d.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-93ca590e0f33431d878dc6b2d5e1d92d.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-7daf104c9d5b440dab4c1e016a2c808b.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-f3600be97d9a417dae0206cc80663bee.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-c4b99fff33584f108988ca7fba403f3e.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-33bc6112932b4bff9134e17989016596.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-b434eb428e4047a7a139939d716f5ff3.jpeg  

Last edited by sanketdesai82 : 19th July 2023 at 06:24. Reason: Correction
sanketdesai82 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 12:11   #1961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Few weeks back, on Tuesday I had taken my VX(o) Hycross to office and then parked the car in my garage. That night the garage door wasn’t latched/locked correctly by our helper and the next day morning while I was headed out to the gym, I noticed the garage door was left open and closed it only to notice that the car cover was fully torn on both the sides near the front tyres (I suspected street dogs).
Sad to see such thing happening on a new car, Hope you get it back soon.
Did they tell you which parts needs replacement?
Is the last picture if the parking sensors removed or what?

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th August 2023 at 12:38.
Old 19th July 2023, 12:59   #1962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[list]
just does not make sense
Once a kitten got into engine compartment of my 2012 Innova diesel. That kitten was sitting on top of left wheel arch, feeling safe. Two dogs were madly barking and scratching both sides of my car and one dog was underneath the car. Dogs made quite a scene and barking a lot. Dogs left the compound after I came out of home and then I observed scratches on side of car, on the hood. Opened the bonnet to see the main cable going to battery was cut, basically torn by dog.

The kitten meanwhile didnt move an inch for around a minute and then good out of the position it felt safe.

This is entirely possible, if the hungry dogs found out some prey, they will do this and dogs are known to rip off even bumpers.

Damage to pocket was Rs. 10K, had to call in flatbed for the car to reach service center.
Car was repaired by evening taking around 4 hours to get the job completed.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 19th July 2023 at 13:04.
aaggoswami is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 13:57   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
What's concerns me is that dogs were able to reach underneath the hood, to bite the cables. Does Hycross has that much open space for a dog to prop inside? Do we need to have some engine cover to be fitted as accessory to prevent such incidents?
jthomas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 15:04   #1964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijeetsinha View Post
[url]Came across this extreme mileage test of Maruti invicto. Guess this is applicable to our Hycross too. Seems with fuel tank we should not worry for at least 850 kms.
Mileage Test of the Hycross done by the same person.

Please note that the Invicto is 73 kilograms lighter on paper, which is not a huge difference to bothered about.
The video below is also great.

hAwX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 05:52   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAwX View Post
Mileage Test of the Hycross done by the same person.
Thanks but I would have preferred if someone had posted Invicto like Hycross review, the one driving from full tank to empty which gives an idea of mileage and also gives confidence that even when your vehicle shows refuel sign it can go 200 km more.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th August 2023 at 05:59. Reason: Cleaning up and trimming quoted post.
Abhijeetsinha is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks