Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2023, 19:40   #1831
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman30 View Post
I booked the Hycorss ZX Hybrid variant in November and I got a call from Shaw Toyota Pune that I should be getting it in a couple of weeks. However, they are levying Rs 15,900 as Miscellaneous charges. On further enquiry, they said it was for the PDI, petrol and registration expenses. I have written an email to Toyota India condemning this shady practice of Shaw Toyota. I just hope they agree to remove it.

Should I take the insurance from Toyota? They gave a quotation of 1.38L. Acko zero dep with RTI and a few add-ons is around 67k. What do you guys suggest?
6250 is the standard miscellaneous charge being levied. Toyota didn't help me to remove the same.

Don't take insurance from Toyota. Instead, approach the insurance agents nearby. I bought mine with all possible add-ons on ZXO for 71k this month only from TATA AIG (which has a much better satisfactory rate than Acko)
The dealer tried to sell me insurance purely relying on calling hybrid battery cover included with his one. And when I refused to take it from him, he only asked me to provide a signed undertaking of the same. (this was his marketing gimmick to make me afraid of losing out on hybrid cover)
Wizaro is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 21:39   #1832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
No such thing, it's probably someone trying to hit their target for this month. Smiles package clearly mentions service only at 1k , 10k and 20k which is what you have paid for. Don't go there.
Hey man,
Which Insurance party did you go for and how much was it?
Old 20th June 2023, 23:59   #1833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAwX View Post
Hey man,
Which Insurance party did you go for and how much was it?
I went with Toyota itself because they gave it to me for 1.25L and it included tyres, rims and rat protection along with unlimited zero dep claims. Also the added peace of mind that even when I'm out of state, I can give the car to any toyota dealership and they would compulsorily have to give me cashless regardless of whichever insurance company they are tied up with.

You can try royal sundaram, which had given me a decent offer with all add-ons for about 70-80k.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 08:10   #1834
BHPian

Is there a service scheduled for 5000 km for Hycross.
Thnx in advance.
Old 21st June 2023, 08:26   #1835

Quote:
I went with Toyota itself because they gave it to me for 1.25L and it included tyres, rims and rat protection along with unlimited zero dep claims. Also the added peace of mind that even when I'm out of state, I can give the car to any toyota dealership and they would compulsorily have to give me cashless regardless of whichever insurance company they are tied up with.

You can try royal sundaram, which had given me a decent offer with all add-ons for about 70-80k.
What is the insurance provider from the Toyota panel that you took. As i hear from my dealer icici is the best and others are good. The dealer is proposing Bajaj Allianz as the Toyota protect insurance provider. I’m to decide for my zxo insurance and I’m getting confused between TATA AIG and Toyota protect with there being a wide gap in the prices.
Old 21st June 2023, 09:24   #1836
BHPian

Can anyone pitch in to real time fuel economy for a petrol Hycross (Not the hybrid) over a few thousand kilometers. Am still confused to if a hybrid would make sense for me.
Old 21st June 2023, 12:23   #1837
Senior - BHPian

Anyone else feel that the head rests are too uncomfortable? This seems to be the only problem I faced on a long drive. These head "restraints" jut forward too much to protect you from whiplash in the case of a rear ending accident but it also forces your neck too forward in normal everyday use. Wish I could change the headrests but oddly, I can't find anyplace selling headrests. Something like the Safari or Vellfire headrests atleast in the rear would be a game changer.

Last edited by Cresterk : 21st June 2023 at 12:25.
Old 21st June 2023, 12:38   #1838
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone else feel that the head rests are too uncomfortable? This seems to be the only problem I faced on a long drive. These head "restraints" jut forward too much to protect you from whiplash in the case of a rear ending accident but it also forces your neck too forward in normal everyday use. Wish I could change the headrests but oddly, I can't find anyplace selling headrests. Something like the Safari or Vellfire headrests atleast in the rear would be a game changer.
Yes. It hurts for me during long drives. I feel lack of support as if I'm driving the car without headrest.
I have ordered the below cushion for my upcoming long drive. Don't know how much comfort it will provide.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-neck..._tan-57765908/
Old 22nd June 2023, 23:53   #1839
BHPian

Just found this on YouTube. Luckily this place is 2 mins walking distance from my place. Suggestions & questions please before i visit.

Old 23rd June 2023, 00:56   #1840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
Just found this on YouTube. Luckily this place is 2 mins walking distance from my place. Suggestions & questions please before i visit.

https://Youtube.com/watch?v=kTkBxyZFzzg?feature=share
Are these drilled in the body or sticked with glue or tape, in video installation is not shown properly.
What is the price?
Old 23rd June 2023, 06:43   #1841
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
Yes. It hurts for me during long drives. I feel lack of support as if I'm driving the car without headrest.
I have ordered the below cushion for my upcoming long drive. Don't know how much comfort it will provide.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-neck..._tan-57765908/
I had noticed the same during the test drive. This is not just a HyCross specific issue, but something that plagues a lot of cars. We already have an entire thread dedicated to it.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...neck-pain.html (Whiplash protection vs Chronic neck pain)

Pls try removing the headrest and putting it back in a reversed position, like how I have done in my City, as mentioned and shown in the link above.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 09:50   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofinfinity View Post
Are these drilled in the body or sticked with glue or tape, in video installation is not shown properly.
What is the price?
Most of the accessories are glued / sticker taped (even official ones).
That is why the gentleman is cleaning the base.
Old 23rd June 2023, 10:26   #1843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijeetsinha View Post
I recently completed 1800 km trip covering noida expressway-yamuna expressway-purvanchal expressway.
Maintained speed between 100-120 mostly.
My mileage figures stands at 14.7 for overall trip full tank method. Drove eco& normal mode while going and power mode while returning.
I was hoping for better figures. Can't figure out where i went wrong.
In city drive in NCR, I usually get between 20-22 so i was hoping this mileage on trip too but did not get close to it.
Hybrid are at their most efficient at city speeds. Even at higher speeds there is still some motor assist but at 120kmph I reckon there wont be any. Keep your speed to 100 or under and you will get much better mileage.
Old 23rd June 2023, 16:55   #1844
BHPian

Quote:

Kindly update regarding price & location. Since I am from Noida, i too would like to visit them if your experience is good.
Old 24th June 2023, 00:07   #1845
BHPian

Quote:

Can you please let us know the address and phone no. Of this vendor. I have been waiting for so long to get these wheel arches !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks