Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2023, 20:13   #1726
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Well, the dealership you supposedly called happens to own nearly all Toyota dealerships in major cities accross the state and AFAIK have the highest number of fortuner / legender sales for a single dealer network across the country. Being a state capital, there is no dearth of people wanting to be seen in the brut SUV to announce their arrival. No where else in our country you will find such a big market left to one dealer.

So perhaps, they can afford the high handedness, thought I don't support this for once even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
I called up Lucknow dealer on behalf of a friend looking to buy one of the Hybrid cars. Found dealership attitude and tone over call to be quite arrogant and they were quick to shoot down any of my further queries by saying - They are not accepting any Hybrid Hycross bookings and Hyryder Hybrid has 18 months waiting period! I truly felt I called up some Bentley or Ferrari dealer (had to pinch myself to bring myself to reality)
Anyway, dejected me calls up Nexa for any bookings they may take for their Hybrid cousin. They were more than happy to take the booking and even promised me delivery within 3 months for any colour. By evening, 3 more Nexa dealers called me up to take my bookings!

I feel- Is Toyota really serious in selling their hybrid cars or they are just happy to contract manufacture hybrid cars for Suzuki !
Old 31st May 2023, 20:15   #1727
Senior - BHPian

Went on my first long trip since getting the hycross. Drove to Trivandrum and back over the weekend.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1699.jpg

Even with all 3 rows up, the hycross still has usable boot space unlike the competition.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_1982.jpg

Managed decent mileage on the way to Trivandrum and in the few days I spent roaming around town with 7 passengers. It had dropped to as low as 16kmpl but entire tank averaged out to 17.8kmpl. Picture taken just before refilling at Pathanamthitta.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_2007.jpg
There was massive rains on the way back along with heavy traffic which lead to me driving pretty slow. Climate control was set to 26C and temps had dropped so the AC compresor might have gotten auto switched off more frequently. All this lead to a stupendous 21.8kmpl on the drive back home despite the heavy traffic and bad roads.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_2010.jpg

Eco score wasn't all that good due to traffic. I think it was just the slow speed and low acceleration that helped. Couldn't even cross 80kmph that often except on the last stretch. Mostly drove at 45-60kmph. I think on a good, level highway you could probably eke out even more from this brilliant powertrain, if you can resist the urge to blow past all the other cars that is

Last edited by Cresterk : 31st May 2023 at 20:18.
Cresterk is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 23:13   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
All this lead to a stupendous 21.8kmpl on the drive back home despite the heavy traffic and bad roads.

Eco score wasn't all that good due to traffic. I think it was just the slow speed and low acceleration that helped. Couldn't even cross 80kmph that often except on the last stretch. Mostly drove at 45-60kmph. I think on a good, level highway you could probably eke out even more from this brilliant powertrain, if you can resist the urge to blow past all the other cars that is
I generally see eco score of 90-95. Wondering how its computed.
I guess switching on indicators before lane changes, and fewer hard braking help get decent score.
I was mostly in the lower end spectrum of triple digit speeds on TN roads, so looks like speed doesn't impact the eco score. Anyways we cant go beyond 120 where it beeps the hell out of the passengers!

21.8 is amazing!!

And yes, need to resist the "urge" to see anything close to this!!
Old 31st May 2023, 23:20   #1729
BHPian

I got an offer to pick up the Hycross zx variant in March, but they had added a lot of accessories, coating etc without asking me and were charging a much higher insurance rate than the market.

Finally, they let out, that the car had come from somebody else, but the person's loan did not get approved so they offered it to me, I refused.

I realised I had made a mistake as not only did the price go up but so did the wait.

3 days ago I got another offer of a different colour.(I had booked the pearl white but they offered a pure white) again the same story as the last time, to which I said yes this time and I receive my car yesterday.

I sent my 2019 Diesel Crysta to a car dealer to sell. The difference between the two cars is in your face. The high cross outshines the Crysta on every front.

A question about the tyres -

It comes with Goodyear low profile tyres 225/50R18.

I have been reading how larger tyres with bigger walls will be beneficial.

A big tyre dealer in Chandigarh informed me that many are buying the VX and the lower variant but upgrading the 17" to 18".

I read somewhere on a Thai forum that the best ride would be a 17" with larger-sized tyres.

Any thoughts, looks are secondary for me. I know someone who is getting a VX and had told me once he gets it, he plans to get the 18".

I have the opportunity to do an exchange with him, by taking his 17" and giving him my 18", will they fit?
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20230530_14424801.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20230530_143137.jpg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-screenshot_20230531_231915_quickpic01.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20230530_143144.jpg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 1st June 2023 at 05:58. Reason: Back to Back posts, grammar. Please proofread before posting.
daebis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 01:18   #1730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daebis View Post
A question about the Hycross zx :-
It comes with Goodyear low profile tyres 225/50r18.
17" will give better ride quality than 18" as in short sidewalls bumps and other undulations pass easily to the cabin as compared to high sidewalls.

But merely swapping tyres won't help as they won't fit, you will need to swap the alloys as well and lose out on your super glossy alloys for normal ones.

Changing 17 ones is also going to be easy on the pocket as compared to 18 ones as for 18" choices are limited and expensive.

Last edited by Turbanator : 1st June 2023 at 06:20. Reason: Spell.
sids1811 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 06:26   #1731
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by daebis View Post
I sent my 2019 Diesel Crysta to a car dealer to sell. The difference between the two cars is in your face.
I read somewhere on a Thai forum that the best ride would be a 17" with larger-sized tyres.

Any thoughts, looks are secondary for me.

If your travel involves a lot of travel on dirt roads, am afraid you are going to miss your Crysta. If it's mostly highway travel, I won't bother changing the tyres/ rims at this stage. There will be only marginal differences. At highway speeds, you won't feel anything noticeable.

But if you have to move a lot on unpaved/ broken roads then shifting down to 17 inches (complete set with alloy and tyres) will be better as you won't have to worry about potential sidewall cuts. Someone will pay you a bit extra for the swap. On the difference, probably ask any tyre dealer the opposite, how much will they charge to upgrade 17 to 18 inches and you will get a ballpark.

Last edited by Turbanator : 1st June 2023 at 08:07. Reason: minor edit.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 07:54   #1732
BHPian

I recently completed 1800 km trip covering noida expressway-yamuna expressway-purvanchal expressway.
Maintained speed between 100-120 mostly.
My mileage figures stands at 14.7 for overall trip full tank method. Drove eco& normal mode while going and power mode while returning.
I was hoping for better figures. Can't figure out where i went wrong.
In city drive in NCR, I usually get between 20-22 so i was hoping this mileage on trip too but did not get close to it.
Old 2nd June 2023, 13:35   #1733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm View Post
I generally see eco score of 90-95. Wondering how its computed.
I guess switching on indicators before lane changes, and fewer hard braking help get decent score.
I was mostly in the lower end spectrum of triple digit speeds on TN roads, so looks like speed doesn't impact the eco score. Anyways we cant go beyond 120 where it beeps the hell out of the passengers!

21.8 is amazing!!

And yes, need to resist the "urge" to see anything close to this!!
Indicators doesn't matter but hard braking does. You can see my stop score is very low due to me having to brake too often. Wasn't able to maintain steady speed or slow braking because the roads were bad, visibility was poor and thus I had to brake harder than I would have liked whenever coming across a broken patch of road or from slower cars merging in front of me due to the roads going from 4 lane to 2 lane to single lane every so often.

On roads around my neighbourhood with no traffic, I have been able to get 90+ eco score easily but mileage was never as good as this. Not sure what it means
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 15:46   #1734
BHPian

I am looking at the insurance options for the hycross. My options thus far are:

Toyota (ICICI) : 1.5L
ICICI : 1.4L
HDFC ergo : 95K

Why this difference in price? Am I missing something? The dealer is ok with me buying my own insurance. HDFC has cash less tie up with Toyota.
Old 2nd June 2023, 16:41   #1735
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijeetsinha View Post
I recently completed 1800 km trip covering noida expressway-yamuna expressway-purvanchal expressway.
Maintained speed between 100-120 mostly.
My mileage figures stands at 14.7 for overall trip full tank method. Drove eco& normal mode while going and power mode while returning.
I was hoping for better figures. Can't figure out where i went wrong.
In city drive in NCR, I usually get between 20-22 so i was hoping this mileage on trip too but did not get close to it.
~14 kmpl for such a large petrol vehicle is brilliant, of course a Hybrid`s primary purpose is to help save fuel in the urban driving cycle, which as you have observed it is doing a stellar job.

Diesel still makes sense for the long haul, given unibody and light weight construction of Hycross (without hybrid of course), a diesel would have delivered even better FE on the highway cycle.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 16:45   #1736
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
I am looking at the insurance options for the hycross. My options thus far are:

Toyota (ICICI) : 1.5L
ICICI : 1.4L
HDFC ergo : 95K

Why this difference in price? Am I missing something? The dealer is ok with me buying my own insurance. HDFC has cash less tie up with Toyota.
Check the additions (Zero Dep, Zero Dep multiple claims, RSA, Key & Tyre, etc.) as these add up on the premium pretty quick. Also check on the Insured Value of the car & whether NCB has been factored in, etc.

If everything is the same, then can just chalk it up to how each company values the car and it's track record because such incidents are common depending on car to car.
Old 2nd June 2023, 20:45   #1737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Check the additions (Zero Dep, Zero Dep multiple claims, RSA, Key & Tyre, etc.) as these add up on the premium pretty quick. Also check on the Insured Value of the car & whether NCB has been factored in, etc.
The add-ons are the same. The base premium itself is substantially different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
If everything is the same, then can just chalk it up to how each company values the car and it's track record because such incidents are common depending on car to car.
What difference does that make to the end user?
Old 3rd June 2023, 08:50   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
~14 kmpl for such a large petrol vehicle is brilliant, of course a Hybrid`s primary purpose is to help save fuel in the urban driving cycle, which as you have observed it is doing a stellar job.

Diesel still makes sense for the long haul, given unibody and light weight construction of Hycross (without hybrid of course), a diesel would have delivered even better FE on the highway cycle.
You are right. Perhaps with hybrid we need to adjust our driving style too. In the past 2 days, i drove 150 km to Bulandshahar and back at an average speed between 60-65, ample braking and it returned me figures of 20+. In Delhi and Noida, i continuously get between 20-22 in daily commute
Abhijeetsinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 11:57   #1739
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
The add-ons are the same. The base premium itself is substantially different.

What difference does that make to the end user?
Probably how each company calculates their risk and their association with the dealership.

Doesn't make a difference to end user if it's a cashless tie up.

Today company A will be cheapest for innova, but company B could be cheapest for carnival, etc.

Hence the need to shop around each time when getting insurance.
Old 3rd June 2023, 22:30   #1740
Senior - BHPian

Weird thing happened today. Parked the car on a slight incline for about 30 mins and the fuel gauge went back to full and distance to empty increased from 500ish to 680km. Is this normal? I haven't noticed the fuel gauge in my older car (hyundai i20) move even if I park it on steeper inclines.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks