Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2023, 21:25   #1681
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Is there a schedule for service to be done at 5k kms.

They hardly did anything at 1k km.
Abhijeetsinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 22:00   #1682

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
We know that many of us were able to snag a Hycross much earlier than others. A lot of Nov bookings still seem to be waiting.

Those who did get one early, what did you do?

Pay extra
Knew/Am someone important
Dealer was family/friend
Just lucky
Something else
None of this.
Booked in November, on the day of unveil directly at the dealer with One Lakh. They told me in Jan that I will get it by April. Then they told me in last week of April that it would take six more weeks. I had given up expecting the car. But I got it delivered last week.
Old 26th May 2023, 06:37   #1683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayarem View Post
None of this.
Booked in November, on the day of unveil directly at the dealer with One Lakh. They told me in Jan that I will get it by April. Then they told me in last week of April that it would take six more weeks. I had given up expecting the car. But I got it delivered last week.
Seems VX gets delivered in 2-4 months time. My VX booked in Feb got delivered in 2nd week of April. Higher model have higher wait time. Dealership too seems to be pushing for VX.
Old 26th May 2023, 11:01   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Got the KeyFob controlled windows + sunroof open and close features mentioned in the manual activated. They had never done that before but they were willing to listen and find out how to do it instead of just brushing it off which meant quite a lot to me. Funny how a feature that was introduced by Skoda/VW and was basically considered their trademark by the media / owners is no longer available in their new 2.0 products but is now available in a Toyota which generally had a reputation of having no features.
Hi! just wanted to know how did they go about it? Wasn’t aware about this function on the Hycross yet. Will try and get this done during my next service.
Old 26th May 2023, 16:13   #1685
BHPian

I booked the Hycross ZX variant from Lakozy in the first week of January. After many follow-ups I receive a message from the dealership saying:

“This is with regards to your car. Innova HYCROSS ZX E DRIVE Platinum White COLOUR delivery status is tentatively in Jan TO Feb 2024

We will update you further once we will get communication.”

I’m in two minds now if I should hold on to the booking or not.
Old 26th May 2023, 16:46   #1686

Quote:
I turned right at the signal and he went straight with a little toot of the horn. I drove away with a stupidly large smile on my face.
Couldn't help calling a spade a spade here, especially since I see the post weirdly has been 'thanked' by upwards of 60 members. You seem to be pretty proud of your actions, however, precisely what did you gain by these shenanigans? Isn't this precisely the kind of attitude this forum expressly discourages? Unless I'm missing something here, you needlessly put yourself and other road users at risk by engaging with the idiot in the other car. Kinda puts you in the same league as that driver even, if I'm honest.
AnupamRoy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 19:16   #1687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnupamRoy View Post
Couldn't help calling a spade a spade here, especially since I see the post weirdly has been 'thanked' by upwards of 60 members.
This was about the performance of Hycross. The car has enough power even though it shows lower torque numbers with respect to Crysta. The way the author narrated the same was a nice read.

Thanks for your concern. Driving safely and defensively and being considerate to others on road is TBHPians topmost priority.

Have a blessed day!
jthomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 23:06   #1688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnupamRoy View Post
precisely what did you gain by these shenanigans?
To be honest, joy and satisfaction

Quote:
Unless I'm missing something here, you needlessly put yourself and other road users at risk
How so? There was no weaving through traffic, no driving with one hand to record with the other to post it online with some terrible music, and no breaking the speed limit either. Patiently waited for the cars crossing the intersection to finish instead of honking, snaking between them and forcing half of them to stop in the middle of the highway like what 99% of our countrymen do. By the time they were gone and we started moving again, the entire highway ahead was completely void of traffic. And when we did reach traffic, we stayed in our lanes instead of trying to weave through them like it was a race or competition.

Are you saying it is somehow illegal to accelerate hard below the speed limit? Exactly how hard are you allowed to accelerate before it is illegal? Is it illegal to overtake another car on the highway?

If you want to talk about road safety, I would say the bus inching into a highway and forcing oncoming cars to stop is more risky.

Quote:
by engaging with the idiot in the other car. Kinda puts you in the same league as that driver even, if I'm honest.
I never called him an idiot. Never said I was better than him either.
All your words, not mine. I was never disrespectful towards him. If it was his actions before being stopped by the traffic in the intersection that makes him an idiot in your eyes, you would remember that I didn't engage with him at all. As far as I'm concerned, I just overtook a car on the highway when the conditions were safe and was very happy with the hycross' performance despite it generally being derided for its lower torque figure and smaller engine (neglecting that there is a whole extra electric motor in there)

I went into and came out of it calm and with positive emotions. There was no hot tempered "I must overtake this car at any cost to soothe my ego" moment.

Quote:
Isn't this precisely the kind of attitude this forum expressly discourages?
As far as I know, the tagline still reads live to drive, not live to commute.
Nothing crazy or illegal happened and people share their fun anecdotes here all the time. We are all enthusiasts and we all enjoy our special moments with our car

Last edited by Cresterk : 26th May 2023 at 23:09.
Cresterk is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 23:28   #1689
BHPian

Quote:
To be honest, joy and satisfaction
Nothing wrong with that as long as long as it's safe.

I too have not accelerated the Hycross hard but am glad to see that it does well.

It may be a different story if it was the 2.8 Crysta though.
Old 27th May 2023, 00:00   #1690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Nothing wrong with that as long as long as it's safe.

I too have not accelerated the Hycross hard but am glad to see that it does well.

It may be a different story if it was the 2.8 Crysta though.
Possibly. The Hycross does have more horsepower, a more efficient transmission and less weight so I think we might both be surprised. I didn’t floor it and I don’t plan on doing so anytime soon so I guess that question will have to wait.

Last edited by Cresterk : 27th May 2023 at 00:03.
Old 27th May 2023, 00:15   #1691

I am looking for usage of traction control off button in my hycross Vx. My one rear wheel got stuck in small pothole while I was reversing. And it couldn't come out while accelerating. Few folks helped in pushing the car to make it come out. Later after that i realised this button and not sure if traction control off could have helped in scenarios like this. From the articles i read it is useful to turn traction control off on mud or snow. But not sure for potholes.
Old 27th May 2023, 12:03   #1692
BHPian

Quick update on Fuel Efficiency.

After an additional 611 km of driving, I had 35.06 litres of petrol filled (standard Indian Oil 91) which works out to 17.4 kmpl.

I’ve figured out that this is generally the figure I end up getting with generally sedate driving with a topping of sprited acceleration every now and then + with air conditioning all on the time + a healthy mix of highway and city.

For city (intense Bangalore traffic) I believe I get in the range of 15-16 kmpl.

For highway (this time it was a couple of runs to the airport + Channapatna) I get in the range of 17-19 kmpl.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 13:22   #1693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I am looking for usage of traction control off button in my hycross Vx. My one rear wheel got stuck in small pothole while I was reversing. And it couldn't come out while accelerating. Few folks helped in pushing the car to make it come out. Later after that i realised this button and not sure if traction control off could have helped in scenarios like this. From the articles i read it is useful to turn traction control off on mud or snow. But not sure for potholes.
Traction control is of no help in such a situation. You need locking differentials, be it manual or electronic. Unfortunately, no such solution is available for front wheel drive cars in India, and manufacturers don’t care.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 17:40   #1694

I understand from the dealer that all 8-seater registration has been put on hold across India because of registration issues for individual owned vehicles. Has anyone else heard of it? My eight seater is waiting in the stock yard.
Old 28th May 2023, 08:54   #1695
BHPian

So is the Hycross E20 fuel ready? Will it affect the mileage and performance? Owners would know if it supports I guess by looking at the owners manual.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks