Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2024, 21:39   #106
BHPian

Re: 2022 Audi Q3 Review

Took delivery of "Grey wolf" my Audi Q3 Premium Plus in Bengaluru today. More details to follow!
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Audi Q3 Review-20240407_211710.jpg  

2022 Audi Q3 Review-img20240407wa0061.jpg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st June 2024 at 22:48. Reason: typos
sedanlover2021 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 08:12   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanlover2021 View Post
Took delivery of "Grey wolf" my Audi Q3 Premium Plus in Bengaluru today. More details to follow!
Congratulations!! Envy you
This was my preferred colour, but I had to settle for the white (my second preference) since this was not available when I booked my Q3.

Wishing you miles of fun, on your long drives out of Bangalore

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st June 2024 at 22:48. Reason: quoted post edited
biplab3110 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 12:32   #108
BHPian

Hi All - Crossposting this from the Luxury Price Watch thread as I didn’t get a reply there. Hoping for some help and insight here:

I am in the market for a premium Compact SUV and was looking at Audi Q3 - the GLA AWD is a tad too expensive for my liking (unless there are deals that I don't know of) + can't reconcile with a 3-cylinder engine in X1 Petrol.

I spoke to a dealer in Mumbai and he's offering the new Q3 Bold (dechromed, Technology edition is the reference model for this edition) edition in INR 57-58L OTR (with individual registration) - this is after one conversation, I'll try to get the service package added for free + more discounts. The official ex-showroom price is INR 55 lacs and OTR price is INR 67 lacs.

Is this a good price to start negotiatons from? I also wanted to check if you guys know of any discounts or price reference for the Premium/Premium Plus/Bold editions? Will be grateful for your feedback.

The dealer did mention a 2% price increase from June 1, 2024. Ofcourse, he is saying discounts are only till May 2024 but I highly doubt that.
Old 1st June 2024, 16:35   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post
I spoke to a dealer in Mumbai and he's offering the new Q3 Bold (dechromed, Technology edition is the reference model for this edition) edition in INR 57-58L OTR (with individual registration) - this is after one conversation, I'll try to get the service package added for free + more discounts. The official ex-showroom price is INR 55 lacs and OTR price is INR 67 lacs.
If OTR price is INR67 Lacs then expect to close the deal between 53 to 55 Lacs. Meet and take quotes from both dealers in Mumbai. Make sure you include extended warranty and a service package for 5 years.
biplab3110 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 17:38   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
If OTR price is INR67 Lacs then expect to close the deal between 53 to 55 Lacs. Meet and take quotes from both dealers in Mumbai. Make sure you include extended warranty and a service package for 5 years.

Thank you, this gives me an excellent reference point.

Appreciate your reply!
Old 4th June 2024, 08:20   #111

Hello All,
Has anyone noticed a strange clunking noise when pressing and leaving the gas pedal plus a few mechanical sounds in the initial gears until say D4? Looks like some couplers at play. I’ve done about 23k kms, the SC says it’s normal for Q3s. Sat in another Q3 at the SC that had about 4k kms, even that had same sounds but not as loud as mine. It’s not a good sound to have in a premium vehicle.

Last edited by KarthikK : 4th June 2024 at 08:29.
Old 4th July 2024, 13:24   #112
BHPian

Pressure Audi India to add Auto Hold to early adopters of Q3

I purchased my Audi Q3 Premium Plus in July 2023 and there was no Auto Hold in our cars that time. I drove a Q3 some days back , it was from 2023 too (just two months newer model) and it had Auto Hold and it made days and night of difference in city traffic.

I tried emailing Audi to add this to my car but got the same nonsense that it cannot be added. This is ridiculous because the exact same car and exact same model has this feature. It is extremely unfair for us early adopters of the car.

I know there are more than 10 people on this forum who want to get this added so I am making this thread so that we can all come along together and pressure Audi to do it.

Please reply with your intent and suggestions on how we can go about it.
techspark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 15:59   #113
BHPian

Re: Pressure Audi India to add Auto Hold to early adopters of Q3

This is an unreasonable ask & does not deserve a thread on Team-Bhp. You liked a product, you paid the market price, you entered into a contract with the company & in return they gave you the product that you paid the price for. This is not unfair, it would have been unfair if they had promised you auto-hold function & then did not stay true to their promise.

Companies will & should introduce new features all the time & that is how it works.
Engine_Roars is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 16:07   #114
Senior - BHPian

I doubt a manufacturer will add a feature to a car like this to a car which was not there when it was supplied but a tuner could (just a maybe, it should be a software upgrade) since all the hardware needed for such a thing is already present in your car, but then the question is, should you trust a tuner with something like this?
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 16:14   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

While your angst about not having it is understandable, the ask is unreasonable. There will always be a point of time when new features are added and there will be people on both sides of it. Those who missed an upgrade due to purchase just before and those who purchased just after and hence got something new. I am sure your friend would have paid a higher price also. The reverse is also true. Companies drop features also all the time. If you look at the fine print I am sure you will see the '..company reserves the right to add/delete features or functions at any point of time'. So even if they told you that your car will have it and it does not, legally they are probably covered. In this case since no such promise has been made, I don't see what can be done.

The only positive is because it is a VAG group car, there is a chance that all hardware is already in place and only software upgrades are needed which you may be able to do after market at some point of time (Again, no idea if it can be done for something like a auto hold. Just commenting based on all the modifications done easily on VAG group cars)
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 18:00   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The only positive is because it is a VAG group car, there is a chance that all hardware is already in place and only software upgrades are needed which you may be able to do after market at some point of time (Again, no idea if it can be done for something like a auto hold. Just commenting based on all the modifications done easily on VAG group cars)
A cursory search shows a bunch of hits w.r.t. a retrofit kit. https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...3-month-review

Definitely going to void the warranty though - anyway, knowing how slothful VAG is in India, I'd be hugely surprised if they pay any attention to this 'petition'. They are expert at cheesing off their premium customers
Old 4th July 2024, 18:38   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
This is an unreasonable ask & does not deserve a thread on Team-Bhp. You liked a product, you paid the market price, you entered into a contract with the company & in return they gave you the product that you paid the price for. This is not unfair, it would have been unfair if they had promised you auto-hold function & then did not stay true to their promise.

Companies will & should introduce new features all the time & that is how it works.
I never mentioned I want them to add it for free. I am willing to pay the price they will request. I am pretty sure the hardware is there and it is just a small mod that needs to be done to the car as the newer car with this feature is the exact same car with the exact same specifications and is selling for exact same price if not cheaper and it was just couple of months between the upgrade, it was not a facelift or new model that was launched.

As for why it doesn't deserve a thread, the mods can decide that. I know there are a few people from here itself who have raised this concern and I just want us to unite together and take it up to Audi and I am looking for suggestions on the forum on how to request them to do it and if anyone has gotten it done by a manufacturer in the past. This is what they have responded to the email I wrote to them:

"This email is in regards to your email which you have written to Audi India Regarding the Auto hold feature.

I would like to inform you that the model which was delivered to you was Q3 (My2023). As you were aware that this was not available at that time and the feature upgrade happened in the newer Model Q3 (My-2024) in the month of Jan 2024.

Unfortunately, this feature cannot be retrofitted or added to your existing Q3 due to technical constraints.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or query."

Now I am looking for some help or suggestions from the forum members to see if something further can be done. It is a 50 lakh plus car, not a mobile phone that I can sell and buy a new model next month. And it is not a cosmetic feature or an extra bling that I need in the car, it is a very basic usability feature.

Last edited by techspark : 4th July 2024 at 18:42.
Old 4th July 2024, 21:48   #118
BHPian

Definitely disappointing when you miss out on an incredibly useful feature like this but there's nothing much you can do about it other than looking at foreign forums where someone might have retrofitted the brake hold function. I saw similar threads on the F48 X1 that wasn't equipped with brake hold on any model sold worldwide due to the limitation of it's platform. I hope you find a solution for this.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 22:22   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post

I would like to inform you that the model which was delivered to you was Q3 (My2023). As you were aware that this was not available at that time and the feature upgrade happened in the newer Model Q3 (My-2024) in the month of Jan 2024.
Based on your posts,you purchased the car in July 2023 and this feature addition happened in Jan 2024. It's a 6 month window post your purchase. For analogy sake, Companies like Hyundai launched a facelift Creta in Jan 2024. No Creta customer would ask similar features if he were to buy a creta in July 2023.

Even Kia Seltos manufactured in Jan -Feb batches lost out on UV cut glasses(cars manufactured before and after got UV cut glass)

Ofcourse you're right to feel bad for not getting auto hold. You did the right thing by reaching out to Audi and got a response as well.No point worrying about it. Enjoy your Q3 as you would have enjoyed it before hearing about this auto-hold festure
akhil_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 13:12   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
I purchased my Audi Q3 Premium Plus in July 2023 and there was no Auto Hold in our cars that time. I drove a Q3 some days back , it was from 2023 too (just two months newer model) and it had Auto Hold and it made days and night of difference in city traffic.

I tried emailing Audi to add this to my car but got the same nonsense that it cannot be added. This is ridiculous because the exact same car and exact same model has this feature. It is extremely unfair for us early adopters of the car.

I know there are more than 10 people on this forum who want to get this added so I am making this thread so that we can all come along together and pressure Audi to do it.

Please reply with your intent and suggestions on how we can go about it.
While Audi may do nothing about it, there is no harm petitioning them especially when people (me included) are willing to pay for auto hold installation and don’t want to go the aftermarket route. If nothing, Audi should be made to feel bad about robbing early adopters of this feature (twitter route maybe). I was also told that is technically not feasible but when I countered how do you repair say a major problem in a car under warranty or even insurance in your workshop etc, there was no logical response. Anyway, I guess ~10 count is needed to make any impact. Let’s wait and hope there are more frustrated owners here.

Last edited by Lux_Noob : 10th July 2024 at 13:14.
Lux_Noob is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks