Hyundai Venue N Line Review-img_1847.jpg  

Hyundai Venue N Line Review-img_1852.jpg  

Hyundai Venue N Line Review-img_1859.jpg  

Hyundai Venue N Line Review-img_1998.jpg  

Old 12th April 2024, 20:42   #92
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue N Line Review

This is a good list, Thanks!

How is Turbo Manual compared to the Turbo DCT of Hyundai?
Old 14th April 2024, 19:13   #93
BHPian

Thanks for the review. Would you recommend Venue N Line over the mid spec of Creta non-turbo petrol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
1 month with Venue N line

It's been almost a month since I took delivery of my Polar White dual tone Venue N line. Sharing initial ownership review

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th April 2024 at 19:05. Reason: Trimming quoted post for readability
Old 27th April 2024, 10:06   #94

On a recent downhill drive in the Perambadi ghat region with the Venue N-line. I drove it completely in manual mode with considerable engine braking and it surprises with a great figure! This is slightly higher than our Ertiga diesel where the MID had displayed 27.5 kmpl on a similar stretch

Hyundai Venue N Line Review-20240406_080817441_ios1714191720702.png

P.S. This was a quick snap on a relatively empty and straight stretch without taking eyes off the wheel!
Old 2nd July 2024, 14:49   #95
BHPian

Hi All,

I am searching for a compact SUV and I test drove Venue N-Line yesterday. My requirements pertain to a pure automatic car which should have a nice ground clearance as well. I need to use it as my secondary vehicle for city use only. I am not interested in buying any AMTs.

I rejected the Honda Elevate since its drive, exterior and interior seat comfort did not appeal to me. The test drive vehicle was rattling and its driving experience was not good.

After driving Elevate, I test drive the Venue N-Line and I found that car is ticking all the boxes. Venue N-Line is missing out on Ventilated seats and 360 degree camera. I found the drive to be perfect to my liking. However the ride quality was a bit on the stiffer side. I asked the SA to reduce the tire-pressure but he disagreed. The recommended tire pressure for Venue is 33 psi while the test drive vehicle had 37-38 psi in all wheels.

Hyundai Venue N Line Review-img_4335edit.jpg

Hyundai Venue N Line Review-img_4333.jpg

Hyundai Venue N Line Review-img_4332edit.jpg

I have not taken test drive of Sonet 1.0 HTX DCT since the Kia showroom does not have 1.0 DCT test drive vehicle availability. Sonet has the ventilated seats option available. However interior space in Sonet is too less for a family of 5.

I want to invite feedbacks from N6 and N8 Owners to share their experience on the ride quality of Venue N-line.

Will it be a good decision to buy Venue N-Line over Sonet 1.0 DCT? Which car out of these 2 has a better ride quality and driving dynamics?

Do we have any N6 owners in this forum? Should I finalize the buying decision of Venue N-Line N6 DCT or should I buy a Creta IVT or Sonet 1.0 DCT?
Please suggest.

I already own a TOYOTA INNOVA HYCROSS HYBRID car as my primary vehicle. I just need secondary car for city use which will be replacing my existing elite i20 2017 manual. Your suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 2nd July 2024 at 14:57.
Old 2nd July 2024, 15:12   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post

Will it be a good decision to buy Venue N-Line over Sonet 1.0 DCT? Which car out of these 2 has a better ride quality and driving dynamics?
You would have to choose one or the other - ride quality or dynamics. The N-line variants have a stiffer suspension. While great for spirited driving, not so great for pottering around town. Even regular rumblers will rattle your bones.

The regular Venue DCT and it's Kia twin will have a much more comfort oriented ride.

Last edited by promit : 2nd July 2024 at 15:13.
promit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2024, 15:56   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I am searching for a compact SUV and I test drove Venue N-Line yesterday. My requirements pertain to a pure automatic car which should have a nice ground clearance as well. I need to use it as my secondary vehicle for city use only. I am not interested in buying any AMTs.

Do we have any N6 owners in this forum? Should I finalize the buying decision of Venue N-Line N6 DCT or should I buy a Creta IVT or Sonet 1.0 DCT?
Please suggest.

I already own a TOYOTA INNOVA HYCROSS HYBRID car as my primary vehicle. I just need secondary car for city use which will be replacing my existing elite i20 2017 manual. Your suggestions are welcome.
I too am in the same conundrum as I want to replace my 2014 Honda City iDTEC with any of these like Sonet or Venue next year since it'll be used within the city limits most of the time as we ow too own a Hycross Hybrid, which is used for other purposes and serves as primary vehicle.

I can suggest TD'ing the regular Venue DCT once before taking plunge though I prefer N-Line variant for driving pleasure and why not try TD'ing the Sonet at other dealership?

If DCT, I'd suggest going for Venue, while coming to Sonet, I'd suggest going for Diesel AT due to the performance it offers and that too, if you are ok with getting one considering that you are living in Delhi-NCR.

Also, Kia has now updated the features in Sonet HTX like rear wash and wipe, crystal cut alloys, and wireless charger unless you are ok with these features and launched a new variant "GTX", which misses out on ADAS but gets essential features.
car_guy1998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 12:11   #98
BHPian

I test drove the XUV 3XO and Kia Sonet. Both these cars have narrow width for the driver’s seat. Hence rejected both straightaway. Seats are too narrow as compared to my elite i20. I have found Venue N-Line to be perfect car as per my liking. Although I am still concerned about the stiff ride quality. Since I need to use this as a secondary car for city use. Should I buy Venue N Line N6 or stretch my budget to buy a Creta IVT S(O) ?
Old 5th July 2024, 12:59   #99
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Venue next year
For those looking to pick up a SC-SUV next year, the next-gen Venue is scheduled to arrive in 2025. IIRC, it is targeted sometime in Q2 of 2025. But you never know; given how this segment is heating up, Hyundai might just launch it earlier.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 17:14   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcombubbled View Post
AMA—Got my new Venue NLine N8

Got it a couple of weeks back from Advaith Bangalore, that too in a pretty unique and interesting color, Shadow Grey.

Was split bw Sonet and Venue N8, went the N8 way.
10/10 with experience so far—ask me anything
Please share your experience about the ride quality of Venue N Line? How is that in the City? Any other concerns?
Old 7th July 2024, 08:07   #101
BHPian

Quote:

Please suggest.

I already own a TOYOTA INNOVA HYCROSS HYBRID car as my primary vehicle. I just need secondary car for city use which will be replacing my existing elite i20 2017 manual.
I have been using the Venue N6 as my second car for a year now. It has been a great city companion and it ticks all the right boxes. it gets the wireless android auto over the N8 and that alone makes it a more rational choice over the N8. And it feels very nimble to drive around and you won't really miss a 360 degree camera.

If you ve driven it and like the drive it will make the perfect second car and you ll find yourself using it a lot more than your first car.
clementj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2024, 10:49   #102
BHPian

Quote:

Please suggest.
N6 is a good city secondary car. The ride is not as stiff as the germans and quite comfortable. The DCT lags a bit below 1.8k rpm otherwise a good car to city duties. Be careful of the mileage as its a turbo engine depends a lot on the driving style.

The other plus with N6 is that it gets all the features except Bluelink and dash cam.
Old 20th July 2024, 18:51   #103
BHPian

My N Line completed 30,000 kms in 375 days. Boy o Boy – what a journey it was in the last 1 year.

Coming from strong 1.5 decades of driving National Diesel Engine of India in Swift and Brezza – Obsessed with Turbo kick, unbelievable oil burner mileage – This transition to Petrol wasn’t easy at all.

Why Petrol after 15 years of Diesel with daily 100km + running in NCR ?

1. In the recent past 2 years my driving has increased multiple folds – to be precise around 120 km daily in this maddening NCR traffic. And my left knee started to show signs of ageing (by the way I am also an strict morning walker – do 10 km daily walk)
2. With the BS6 kicking in and the kind of travelling I do – I get sleepless nights just with the fear of DPF issues and getting either stuck in the middle of road or making multiple round trips to ASS.
3. Hence the choice was clear for Petrol fully Automatic car. But not the Maruti 1990’s AMT’s.
4. Why Venue N Line DCT ? – It wasn’t my choice actually – I went to inquire about 1.0 Turbo DCT only – as Creta’s 1.4 turbo was discontinued and 1.5 turbo was in the pipeline – however in all dealerships across NCR – there wasn’t even a single stock available and I needed the car like now – there were couple of N Lines available with multiple Gurgaon and Delhi dealerships.
5. Did some more research and some what convinced that those extra couple of lacs for this N Line may be worth it. Booking done – delivery taken the very next day.
6. To be very honest – coming from 20 years of manual and Diesel engines – I wasn’t able to cope up or rather didn’t knew how to drive a petrol turbo automatic. It took me couple of months to get used to this – with my knee saying “Thank You” with every ride.
7. In last 1 year completed trips to Mount Abu, Udaipur, Kasauli, Aurangabad, Pune, Indore, Badrinath and unlimited trips to Haridwar + Jaipur.
8. 1 thing that pinches me is the mileage – since I was badly used to seeing that 20 kmpl figures in my DDiS motors – but this one on an average is around 10 only – however no regrets – you win some – you loose some. Moreover this last 1 year of driving a Petrol car has changed my view point of “Kitna Deti Hai” – I am in my early 40’s and probably it’s the time to spend on sheer driving pleasure rather than looking at the fuel gauge. So I am now a Peadle to Metal types driver.

By the way – also got Stage 1 tuned from GT Tunerz (now making around 130 BHP) plus installed Valvotronics exhaust system – it really enhanced my driving experience. Loving it !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue N Line Review-maana-village.jpg  

Ashdel is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 22:10   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
N6 is a good city secondary car. The ride is not as stiff as the germans and quite comfortable. The DCT lags a bit below 1.8k rpm otherwise a good car to city duties. Be careful of the mileage as its a turbo engine depends a lot on the driving style.

The other plus with N6 is that it gets all the features except Bluelink and dash cam.
Dashcam is there in N6 but missing in N8 now.(since N8 comes with ADAS)
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed