Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2024, 10:23   #871
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Dear members,

Any idea on the current discounts on offer on the mild Hybrid Vitara variants (particularly Zeta AT ) ?

And the waiting periods (if any) ?
Old 24th May 2024, 10:33   #872
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolkam24 View Post
Some other things I forgot to ask you:
-Do you drive in Power or Normal Mode? Try will Eco mode and see if it makes a difference in the milage?
- Also, keep the AC setting at 23 or 24 C for comfort. If you use this at minimum 16 C, it directly affected the milage. In Mumbai, 23C is quote good inspite of 35 C & 70% RH outside.
I drive in normal mode.
As you said, will try in eco mode. Once when kept in eco mode, I observed slightly less AC performance. Nevertheless, Mileage has increased in decimals.
I will change the AC settings also
Thankyou, will definitely try and update on it
Old 24th May 2024, 12:58   #873
BANNED

Hello Everyone
I want a solution for a small issue.
Generally all nexa products have this Beep sound when locked/Unlocked.
After my 3rd service, the Beep sound is not coming.
I want that beep sound to continue.
I have tried the remote press of lock and unlock for few seconds, but there is only blinking of hazard lights.
Can anyone tell how to turn on the beep sound
Old 24th May 2024, 21:54   #874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnu_Nellutla View Post
Hello Everyone
I want a solution for a small issue.
Generally all nexa products have this Beep sound when locked/Unlocked.
After my 3rd service, the Beep sound is not coming....
Can anyone tell how to turn on the beep sound
You can refer to the video on how to enable/disable the locking sound.

Last edited by tj123 : 24th May 2024 at 21:54. Reason: typo
Old 24th May 2024, 22:19   #875
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
You can refer to the video on how to enable/disable the locking sound.
That is for the mild hybrid. Mine is a Strong hybrid. I want a solution for the strong hybrid.

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th June 2024 at 08:15. Reason: Spacing, punctuation. Added a quote for the relevant reply context
Old 26th May 2024, 12:32   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I own Grand Vitara strong hybrid Alpha+. I get 2 bars max in city and those 2 bars then propels the vehicle. What I observed is in city the battery charges only till 2 and is hesitant to charge the 3rd bar. I have achieved 5 bar charge during highway drive- Hyderabad to Warrangal.
I own an 8month young Vitara Alpha+ done 8900kms. The battery behaviour you describe is what I also see & is how it should be. City traffic is where the battery gets used most (at idling or in slow traffic or to propel), so 2-3 bars is what it will be.
On highways, we tend to drive faster & the engine is on most of the time to not only propel the car, but also charge the battery. Hence the 4-5bar charge on highways. This is expected & normal behaviour.

Quote:
Initially EV mode did not work and used to display 'EV Mode Unavailable'. But recently after ODO 10k Km, to my surprise the EV Mode got activated.
It will be available after 10k km.
This was the case with my car too - I tried multiple times to engage EV mode in slow-moving city traffic, but was irritated to always see the “EV mode unavailable” message.

Then once it did go to EV mode when car was at less than 5000kms, stayed in that mode for a km or so & went back to normal mode. After that I could never get it into EV mode. So nothing to do with odometer crossing 10K kms.

There might be some conditions to be met for EV mode to be engaged, but frankly I am not bothered anymore. I always drive in Normal mode (don’t even use Eco mode), so doesn’t matter to me.

Quote:
I am getting avg FE 14.4kmpl. In this aspect I am quite disappointed as I expected it to be atleast above 20kmpl against the 27.97kmpl claimed number given by company. Any suggestions to increase avg FE???
By average FE, you mean the overall FE indicated on the dashboard/screen ? If so, it does seem quite low for a Strong hybrid. Till 7000kms, my average FE was 22.5 & after that when I reset it, it is currently 21.5.

I would suggest 2 things :
- Reset your average FE & see.
- Use the LFI (Low Fuel Indicator) to calculate average FE to rule out issues with dash FE figure. When the LFI icon lights up in your dashboard (at around 2 bars of fuel), reset a tripMeter to zero. Fuel up for say x litres. Note tripMeter reading y when the LFI icon comes up next. Your average FE = y/x.

I do this regularly & it matches the dashboard average FE.

Quote:
when driven with atmost patience, the FE showed 20kmpl. Coming from a ford TDci engine, Sedate driving is quite difficult as it has challenged to change my driving style
In my short 8months of using Hybrid (preceded by 38years of using ICE cars), I noticed 2 key differences :
1) An ICE car’s FE is very defined (without wide swings) for similar road/traffic/driving conditions. Eg. My Baleno1.6 used to return a constant 12kmpl in Chennai traffic & 16kmpl on highway commutes. Both are with 100% a/c on & enthusiastic driving.

But the Hybrid’s FE has a very wide range. My daily few Kochi city trips are 5-6kms which normally return tripFE of 22-25kmpl, occassionally going to 28-30 or 15-18. Driving style is the same - I am a very slow & sedate driver in the city as the roads are narrow, bad & trafficky. So far I haven’t been able to figure out the reason for this wide variation. Anyway with an overall average of 22kmpl, I am not complaining - my 2007 Swift returns 11-12kmpl in similar driving conditions.

2) Driving style doesn’t seem to matter in hybrids. In ICE cars, your FE can be increased/decreased by modifying your driving behaviour. Eg, for a couple months, I shifted to an oldMan driving style in Chennai (smooth driving, no sudden acceleration etc) & for those couple tankfuls, I got a 14kmpl FE which is a significant 17% increase.

Similarly if instead of driving in the 120-160kmph range on TN highways, if I were to stay within 80-100kmph, I am sure that the Baleno1.6 would return 20kmpl, which is 25% increase over the usual 16kmpl.

But in hybrids, I have not been able to identify a driving style that is FE oriented. On highways, I drive the Hybrid as fast as road/traffic/speedcams permit without caring whether it’s in EV or ICE mode (just like I would drive my Baleno1.6) & FE is around 28-30kmpl. Couple times I tried sedate driving, but got same or shockingly 2-3kmpl lesser than aggressive driving.

Quote:
On highway, I get 22kmpl. But my driving is 90%-City(Mild Traffic) and 10%-Highway
Could you please post a few trip snapshots of your regular driving from the Suzuki Connect app so that we have an idea of the traffic/drive/distance/avgSpeed conditions ? Similar to the below snapshot of my city trips.
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_2507.jpeg
supremeBaleno is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 18:15   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Oh ok
Thankyou
Then in that case I should get more than yours.
Any suggestions strong hybrid owners??
You need to drive with light foot and keep resetting the mileage on the screen.
aks812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 19:20   #878
BANNED

Please find the attached trip details.
I also see that my driving score is between 60-80 and not above 90. How much ever smooth I go, at some point when I brake, that decreases the score.
My only issue is why the FE is not above 20 or atleast 18.
Many report that with mixed driving, they get AVG FE above 20 like in the case of yours
When asked with Service person, he says it will improve.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img20240526wa0012.jpg  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img20240526wa0013.jpg  

Vishnu_Nellutla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 23:05   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also see that my driving score is between 60-80 and not above 90. How much ever smooth I go, at some point when I brake, that decreases the score.
Oh, ignore the DrivingScore - while it surely is an indication of how well/correctly we drive, IMHO it has no correlation with FE.

My score in city driving is usually close to 100, because as I said earlier I drive slow & sedate in City as the road/traffic in Kochi is bad & also because my car is new. 😊

On the highways, I drive AFAP & my driving score is usually between 40-60, but I still get 25+ kmpl. See snapshot. 👇
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_2518.jpeg

Try the 2 things I mentioned earlier - reset dash FE & check actual FE via LFI-to-LFI method. And report back here.
supremeBaleno is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 13:30   #880
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Try the 2 things I mentioned earlier - reset dash FE & check actual FE via LFI-to-LFI method. And report back here.
Yes Sure. Will do that. Hoping for good result

But I see that your snap trip is mostly on the highway and long distances.

Also, I will reset and check and will let you know.

Does anyone have an idea how to turn on the beep sound when locked or unlocked on Grand Vitara Strong HYBRID??

Last edited by graaja : 27th May 2024 at 14:06. Reason: Merging back to back posts, adding quoted text for which response is written
Old 27th May 2024, 14:07   #881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But I see that your snap trip is mostly on the highway and long distances.
In my previous post#876, I had posted trip logs of short city rides.

Quote:
how to turn on the beep sound when locked or unlocked on Grand Vitara Strong HYBRID??
It can be turned On or Off using the left steering controls by going to Settings menu.
supremeBaleno is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 16:20   #882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
It can be turned On or Off using the left steering controls by going to Settings menu.
Under “Setting mode” go to “Door lock”, then select “Siren”.
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_2523.jpeg
supremeBaleno is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 17:32   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Dear members,

Any idea on the current discounts on offer on the mild Hybrid Vitara variants (particularly Zeta AT ) ?

And the waiting periods (if any) ?
In Bangalore, there is consumer offer of Rs.30000 and exchange bonus of Rs.30000. On top of this, there is a Corporate Offer of Rs.4000. This is for both Zeta and Alpha variants
akhil_007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 19:02   #884
Senior - BHPian

The Maruti Grand Vitara website has a "Configurator" section.

https://www.nexaexperience.com/confi...r/grand-vitara

Whats confusing is that the Zeta variant is shown to have a 7 inch infotainment unit in the Configurator as thetop feature of the car. Whereas the 9 inch Smartplay Pro + is shown for Alpha only.

Has Maruti downgraded the size of touchscreen on the Zeta ?

Note that the brochure still mentions Zeta as having 9 inch screen (Smart Play Pro +).

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-capture.jpg

Last edited by DCEite : 27th May 2024 at 19:04.
Old 31st May 2024, 11:51   #885
BHPian

Hi,

Has anyone changed the sunroof cover to a darker fabric. I prefer doing this over putting a sun film on the sunroof. Thoughts, ideas.

Thanks
indusboy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks