Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2024, 07:33   #856

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
The latest batch of Hyryder and Grand Vitara have much lesser vibrations and noise than before as i have driven both and observed.
I bought mine in January this year. At most it feels like a hum, somewhat similar to a diesel engine. There are no vibrations inside the cabin so I was surprised that every reviewer mentioned NVH levels. I suppose this was the reason.
rahulpandita is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 19:17   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I was back home yesterday evening after a 1700km TN trip, but just few kms into the trip itself, I realised how much of a difference the changed part made.

While earlier it was a ruckus inside the cabin in Engine mode while driving spiritedly, today it’s silence except for a slight engine sound, which is expected. So this faulty part was why the car got bad review in NVH.

Would suggest you get the recalled part replaced asap.
Already did and yes it's a noticeable difference. All the clutter is gone and in engine mode you can only hear the engine sans the vibration that used to creep in the cabin. To compare with an ICE car, it'll feel like the engine refinement has gone up. I appreciate that Maruti took the step to issue this recall.
Carpainter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2024, 22:02   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Already did and yes it's a noticeable difference. All the clutter is gone and in engine mode you can only hear the engine sans the vibration that used to creep in the cabin. To compare with an ICE car, it'll feel like the engine refinement has gone up. I appreciate that Maruti took the step to issue this recall.
Strange there has not been any such recall issued by Toyota yet for Hyryder.
aks812 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 20:07   #859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4Cars View Post
Finally after a long wait of 25 days post booking, got the delivery of my Grand Vitara Zeta Plus Hybrid today!
Sweet choice and congratulations on choosing the technology here to stay for next 2 decades at least.

BTW - Wishing the 2 munchkins turn out the exactly the way you depicted them, 2 Redhorn's Congrats on them too...
svsantosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 14:51   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I received the same letter for my GV Alpha+ hybrid. I got the part replaced yesterday at Popular Maruti service centre, Ernakulam North (KL). Gave the car at 10AM, got back at 3PM..
Hi,

Can I know when did you purchase your vehicle. I got mine in Oct 2022. Will this recall be applicable for my vehicle too. I didn't get any letter / info about the same. Thanks.
Old 16th May 2024, 12:03   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Can I know when did you purchase your vehicle. I got mine in Oct 2022. Will this recall be applicable for my vehicle too. I didn't get any letter / info about the same.
Mine was an Aug2023 manufactured car & I took delivery in Sep2023.

You could check with your dealer/service if the recall applies to your car or not.

Btw, my Grand Vitara has done 8700kms in 8months, with overall FE being around 22kmpl, with Kochi city drives usually giving 22-25kmpl (some drives go down to 17-18, while with some I get 28-30). Kerala highway drives when driven hard & fast give 27-29kmpl, with sedate driving strangely giving same or even couple kms lesser.

Two insanely high FE figures I got were 49 & 91kmpl, both on Idukki ghat roads. I drove as always & am not sure what changed except for :
1) Both drives involved quite some downhill & so I was in B mode. I rarely use B.
2) This was after a long & windy highway journey of 100+kms & possibly battery was fully charged (didn’t check, so not sure) & so car mostly ran in EV mode ?

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_2122.jpeg

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_2123.jpeg
supremeBaleno is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 10:09   #862

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
I've been driving the smart hybrid Alpha Allgrip for about a week now and what I've seen is that the Li-ion battery charges only while decelerating, i e., when you take your foot off the gas, till you slow down to approximately 20 kph. It's reached 4 bars briefly during my commute but generally stays at around 2-3 bars. I've begun to turn off the auto start feature whenever I start my trip in order to allow this battery to charge as much as possible since this is what it is basically used for, apart from giving the car some extra power for a quicker start, I believe.
So see if you too can ease off the gas when going downhill as much as possible, to help with the charging. You'll see an icon come on when this taking place.
Cheers.
Hi,
I got my Toyota Hyryder S Hybrid last week. I too have the same experience of battery charging just 2 bars, and too often switching on/off of the engine. Is this normal in GV too?
I have been driving just 5 days now, but experience is good, though I felt the milage should have crossed 25kmpl by now (still shows below 23).
If you drive in normal mode (whose feels is very good), do we continue to get milage of 23 and above?
Old 17th May 2024, 10:34   #863
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara to enhance safety with ADAS technology integration.

Maruti Suzuki will soon integrate ADAS into the Grand Vitara. This technology enhances safety through cameras and sensors. ADAS includes features such as automatic emergency braking, traffic signal detection and warning, and alerts for vehicles crossing the car's path.

The Grand Vitara with ADAS is anticipated to be available for sale by the end of this year.

Link:
Old 19th May 2024, 12:49   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolkam24 View Post
Hi,
I got my Toyota Hyryder S Hybrid last week. I too have the same experience of battery charging just 2 bars, and too often switching on/off of the engine. Is this normal in GV too?
I have been driving just 5 days now, but experience is good, though I felt the milage should have crossed 25kmpl by now (still shows below 23).
If you drive in normal mode (whose feels is very good), do we continue to get milage of 23 and above?
Hi Bolkam, I think you should wait till at least your first service and preferably your second, before you see a more accurate milage.
In my case, I've crossed 16K kms and I get approx 18 kpl on my particular commute to the office and back, though this drops to 12-15 in slow traffic in the city. I do see the Li ion battery charging to all 5 bars quite often, though for a short while, since it is used for additional help in acceleration.
My fuel consumption figures could be because mine is an AWD and I use the sport mode occasionally.
Old 22nd May 2024, 10:28   #865
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolkam24 View Post
Hi,
Congrats on your purchase. I own Grand Vitara strong hybrid Alpha+( Equivalent to Hyryder V Hybrid)
Even I get 2 bars max in city and those 2 bars then propels the vehicle . What I even observed is in city the battery charges only till 2 and is hesitant to charge the 3rd bar. I have achieved 5 bar charge during highway drive- Hyderabad to Warrangal.
One more interesting point about this hybrid system:-
Initially EV mode did not work and used to display 'EV Mode Unavailable'
But recently after ODO 10k Km, when tried to check if the ev mode gets activated or not(although I had no hope for it to get activated), to my surprise the EV Mode got activated. During ev mode the FE shows 50kmpl. Pls check the attached thumbnail.
So for all owners who get 'EV Mode Unavailable'
It will be available after 10k km.
I get mileage-14.4kmpl
How much ever I try, it did not cross even 18kmpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
Hi Bolkam, I think you should wait till at least your first service and preferably your second, before you see a more accurate milage.
In my case, I've crossed 16K kms and I get approx 18 kpl on my particular commute to the office and back, though this drops to 12-15 in slow traffic in the city. I do see the Li ion battery charging to all 5 bars quite often, though for a short while, since it is used for additional help in acceleration.
My fuel consumption figures could be because mine is an AWD and I use the sport mode occasionally.
Hello
I am getting avg FE 14.4kmpl
In this aspect I am quite disappointed as I expected it to be atleast above 20kmpl against the 27.97kmpl claimed number given by company.
My vehicle has completed 10k km
Any suggestions to increase avg FE???
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img20240501wa0002.jpg  

Vishnu_Nellutla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 12:09   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnu_Nellutla View Post
Hello
I am getting avg FE 14.4kmpl
In this aspect I am quite disappointed as I expected it to be atleast above 20kmpl against the 27.97kmpl claimed number given by company.
My vehicle has completed 10k km
Any suggestions to increase avg FE???
I should point out again that my model is a smart hybrid, with AWD, so my fuel figures cannot really be compared with those of a full hybrid like yours.
However, I have obtained a figure of 22kpl (as seen in the dashboard display) on the Mumbai Pune Expressway, after resetting the mileage to zero and setting the cruise control at 80kph for quite some distance.
FarPatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 13:25   #867
BANNED

Oh ok
Thankyou
Then in that case I should get more than yours.
Any suggestions strong hybrid owners??
Old 22nd May 2024, 16:01   #868

Quote:
Oh ok
Thankyou
Hi Vishnu,

Thanks for the update on the EV mode.

About your such low milage on GV Strong Hybrid:
- What was the milage before & after each service? Did they change or you were getting 14kmpl right from beginning?
- In my case, I got 22 kmpl + milage right from the beginning.
- In the MID, when you keep the energy flow screen, do you see the constant switching between engine & battery? Depending on the terrain you drive, you can expect 60% engine & 40% on battery. Also every time you stop, it should be on battery.
- During any service, did you discuss this with the SA? If you reported, did they take any actions? Non Hybrids on this forum have reported milage as high as 22kmpl on highways.
- Since all strong hybrids have automatic drives, driving style will not matter much.
Hope this helps!!
Old 22nd May 2024, 22:34   #869
BANNED

Hi Bolkam24
Sorry for the late reply
I may not give immediate response as I am travelling right now.
I got avg mileage 18 initially when I took the Delivery.
With successive services, the mileage remained constant with slight +or- 2kmpl.
In between when driven with atmost patience, the FE showed 20kmpl. Coming from a ford TDci engine,
Sedate driving is quite difficult as it has challenged to change my driving style( To an extent, I have revised my driving style but could not see the result which I expected)

On highway , I get 22kmpl. But my driving is 90%-City(Mild Traffic) and 10%-Highway

Yes, I can see the constant switching between engine and battery

When asked with SA, he said that the mileage will increase after 10-12k km(Altough not convinced with this answer)
Also, Warrangal NEXA has nill knowledge about strong hybrid and when sent to the showroom, they started doing experiments on mine
Old 24th May 2024, 09:59   #870

Quote:
Oh ok
Thankyou
Quote:
Hi Bolkam24
Sorry for the late reply
I may not give immediate response as I am travelling right now.
I got avg mileage 18 initially when I took the Delivery.
With successive services, the mileage remained constant with slight +or- 2kmpl.
In between when driven with atmost patience, the FE showed 20kmpl. Coming from a ford TDci engine,
Sedate driving is quite difficult as it has challenged to change my driving style( To an extent, I have revised my driving style but could not see the result which I expected)

On highway , I get 22kmpl. But my driving is 90%-City(Mild Traffic) and 10%-Highway

Yes, I can see the constant switching between engine and battery

When asked with SA, he said that the mileage will increase after 10-12k km(Altough not convinced with this answer)
Also, Warrangal NEXA has nill knowledge about strong hybrid and when sent to the showroom, they started doing experiments on mine

Some other things I forgot to ask you:
-Do you drive in Power or Normal Mode? Try will Eco mode and see if it makes a difference in the milage?
- Also, keep the AC setting at 23 or 24 C for comfort. If you use this at minimum 16 C, it directly affected the milage. In Mumbai, 23C is quote good inspite of 35 C & 70% RH outside.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks