Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2024, 09:27   #826
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Saw this post on Autocar India website today.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...3-units-430788
Quote:
As we had reported earlier this month, unsold MY2023 stocks of the Grand Vitara hybrid and the turbo-petrol variants of the Fronx are available with benefits of Rs 79,000 and Rs 83,000, respectively. Beyond what is officially listed, Maruti dealers are offering around Rs 50,000 additional cash discount on all models to further incentivise sales. Therefore, one can avail a minimum of Rs 1.30 lakh on the said variants of Grand Vitara and Fronx.
Can anybody confirm if the discounts are available only on the Strong-Hybrid variants or also on the Micro-Hybrid variants of the Grand Vitara?
zxcv444 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 16:10   #827

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcv444 View Post
Saw this post on Autocar India website today.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...3-units-430788

Can anybody confirm if the discounts are available only on the Strong-Hybrid variants or also on the Micro-Hybrid variants of the Grand Vitara?
Available on Smart Hybrid as well, depends from dealer to dealer basis stock/color availability on MY 2023 models. I was told 50000+30000 exchange bonus for Zeta variant (as that was the only one available).

For fronx - 1,20,000 on zeta variant (including exchange bonus)

Location - Delhi
Nathan.drake9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 13:47   #828
Senior - BHPian

I just received a call from my Maruti dealer, informing me that there's a pending software update for the lithium-ion battery management system in my car, which was manufactured in September 2022.

Has anyone else had this update installed? They have termed this as a recall.
Old 6th March 2024, 20:06   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I just received a call from my Maruti dealer, informing me that there's a pending software update for the lithium-ion battery management system in my car, which was manufactured in September 2022.

Has anyone else had this update installed? They have termed this as a recall.
Is this for the strong or mild hybrid?
Old 6th March 2024, 20:25   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzikio_rage View Post
Is this for the strong or mild hybrid?
This is for the mild hybrid version.
Old 11th March 2024, 08:21   #831
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone here having a GV Smart Drive AT (or even the equivalent UC) in South Bangalore ?
Old 11th March 2024, 12:26   #832

Hi All

Just wanted to get some inputs / advice from the forum for my Grand Vitara.

I purchased an AT smart hybrid (Alpha Version) in September 2023. These are few concerns I have.

Next week, I have my 6 month service and I was hoping that I could get some suggestions on specific items that I would need to check during servicing to rectify these issues:
  • Based on what I have seen on the forum, the average mileage for Smart Hybrids should be in the range of 22 – 25 kmpl on highways and 16 – 18 kmpl in city. Most of my rides in the city barely crack 12 kmpl in city and 16 kmpl in highway. City driving is not in peak traffic as I mostly use internal roads. Is there anything specific I should be asking the service center to check? I have seen 22 on the highway just once and that was before my first service.

• The range calibration is quite funky. For example, when I start my drive, the range will show 200 km. I would travel for about 10 – 12 km in a round trip and the DE will now be showing a higher number like 220 km as the range. I do understand that driving style would affect the range calibration, but this seems quite extreme. FYI – I never faced this issue in my Ecosport where the range calibration was more or less in line with the usage..

• The Bluetooth and Android Auto sync with the infotainment is like playing Russian Roulette. It works at times and at other times it does not sync at all. Again, never had this Bluetooth connectivity issue with Ecosport.

Feel very disappointed every time when I get into the car. Especially, when I see the mileage numbers. The other two I can mark it down as an inconvenience (though I paid 22L to go through this inconvenience).

Anyway, looking forward to hear from the forum on suggestions.

Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 14:42   #833
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbnissan View Post
Hi All

I purchased an AT smart hybrid

[list][*]Based on what I have seen on the forum, the average mileage for Smart Hybrids should be in the range of 22 – 25 kmpl on highways and 16 – 18 kmpl in city. Most of my rides in the city barely crack 12 kmpl in city and 16 kmpl in highway. City driving is not in peak traffic as I mostly use internal roads. Is there anything specific I should be asking the service center to check? I have seen 22 on the highway just once and that was before my first service.

Feel very disappointed every time when I get into the car. Especially, when I see the mileage numbers.
The AT variants of the Grand Vitara and Brezza are not as fuel-efficient as their MT versions. The drop in fuel efficiency is higher in city riding. These numbers also depend upon your driving style. In my experience, sudden accelerations greatly affect your FE numbers. Try to drive in a relaxed manner with gradual and smooth accelerator inputs. Also, what is your current odometer reading? Most vehicles tend to deliver better FE as the odometer climbs.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 15:27   #834

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
The AT variants of the Grand Vitara and Brezza are not as fuel-efficient as their MT versions. The drop in fuel efficiency is higher in city riding. These numbers also depend upon your driving style. In my experience, sudden accelerations greatly affect your FE numbers. Try to drive in a relaxed manner with gradual and smooth accelerator inputs. Also, what is your current odometer reading? Most vehicles tend to deliver better FE as the odometer climbs.
Thanks, Amrit.

ODO is at around 3K. I had almost one month in between when I had to refrain from driving due to health issues.

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th March 2024 at 15:36. Reason: Don't use SMS language.
Old 12th March 2024, 02:29   #835
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbnissan View Post
Thanks, Amrit.

ODO is at around 3K. I had almost one month in between when I had to refrain from driving due to health issues.
This is way too early to feel disappointed with your car. Give her some time, at least 10k km before judging. Also, just because you bought a Maruti doesn't mean it is all about fuel efficiency numbers, you have also got a premium product as well
Amrit@wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 09:29   #836

Maybe I am being too harsh on the expectations like you suggested. Let me see what comes up after the second service which is next week.
Old 12th March 2024, 17:17   #837
BHPian

Today I have driven a 5 months old Maruti Grand Vitara Alpha plus eCVT (strong hybrid topend) for 10 kms.
Following are some observations.
Good:
1. Good space inside for avg height and weight ppl except boot space.
2. Has comfortable front and back seats and the driving position is good.
3. Has all of our required features i.e. 360 camera (must), ventilated seats, comfortable front and back seats, wireless android/apple car play and wireless charger, auto dimming irvm, auto dimming head lights etc. Music system is decent.
a. Corridor is very narrow in our parking area. even small hatch it is difficult to park in single turn. here 360 degree camera for GV helped finally to park it after few turns. It was very tight though and without 360 camera it would be impossible to move in and out of our parking daily of this size car.
b. Ventilated seats are so good. best premium feature for half of the year for me when compared to music systems, ambient lights, wireless chargers or carplay etc.
4. Heard about good mileage figures but couldn't verify the same in the short ride.

Okayish:
1. Cabin experience is decent , our expectation was low after going through lot of reviews and never expected it to be in the league of hyundai, kia or MG. So, not much dissapointed.
2. Breaks have some lag. It could've been better.

Bad:
1. Too much engine sound and the noise is not at all good to hear. driven in a newly laid empty semi ghat kind of road. too much irritating engine sound even at 60 kmph speed to climb a low to moderate size up road. Even worst than nexon's 3 cylinder engine noise on the same road. Never heard such sounds from our grand i10 petrol manual and Jazz CVT petrol on the same road even when driven spiritedly with full boot and 5 adults. Even my wife in the back seat could hear that and said car looks like struggling to climb. Also engine noise came up when idlying to recharge depleted battery. Ruined whole experience. Didn't felt like a 20+ lakh car experience. In contrast many people surprised by near silence in my grand i10 which is ~7 lakhs almost 6 years back. Even jazz cvt petrol is decent in engine noise wise.
2. None of us felt comfortable in curves even in 30-40 speeds and felt bit scared. laggy breaks and tall height could be a reason. I enjoy driving at those speeds on these empty curvy roads, so personally it is dissapointing to me.

Overall it is a mixed experience, has all the practical features i needed but noise and driving experience are the big dissapointments (not expecting VW/skoda level, expected just hyundai hatchback level). Planning to drive it's rivals creta, seltos, and elevate too btw.

Last edited by sirius : 12th March 2024 at 17:37.
sirius is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 12:16   #838
Senior - BHPian

Hi @sirius - I too concur on the noise 1.5 liter petrol engine on the Marutis in bit higher revs. It's too much for me as my other car - Safari is well insulated. But, then it's horses for courses for both cars in my case.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 12:38   #839
BHPian

I have taken delivery of the 2024 Grand Vitara Smart Hybrid A/T, ZETA.
I notice a peculiar noise and jerk when there is gear reduction / downshift during deceleration and smooth braking. More prominently noticeable at slower speed from Gear 3 to 2 and to 1. This also happens at high-speed downshift. But easily felt at lower speed.
It's a 6speed A/T (Torque Converter).
The 4-speed A/T (torque Converter) in my Vitara Brezza 2021 model doesn't have this problem.
Informed this to Dealer as a complaint in 1K service.
Anyone facing this issue and any leads to rectification? please do let me know. Thanks in advance.
Old 15th March 2024, 12:48   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velmurugan View Post
I have taken delivery of the 2024 Grand Vitara Smart Hybrid A/T, ZETA.
I notice a peculiar noise and jerk when there is gear reduction / downshift during deceleration and smooth braking
My Friend faced similar issue for 2023 March model and it was fixed during 2nd service by Pratham Nexa -Bangalore.
skumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks