Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2024, 00:43   #811
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzikio_rage View Post
Also does anyone know what this display is supposed to do and how i can use it? I didn't get the gforces experienced by the car logic, doesn't seem like something i can use
I had read somewhere that it displays the load distribution across your car(load majorly at front or back). I hardly get to drive mine so cannot confirm but do let me know if that is true. I wish so much that it was a G-Force meter.
ex-innova-guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 18:52   #812
BHPian

Do we know when will the 2024 facelift (with ADAS) get launched? I am about to book one, and wondering how long should I hold out for.
Old 6th February 2024, 15:14   #813

Hi everyone. I own the strong hybrid Alpha+ model bought in Jan 2023.

Just today I got my 12 month annual service done (free). Which actually wasn't free as they charged me for engine oil and filters. Has it been the same for everyone? They told me consumables are not included in the free service.

Also, after draining the oil they realized they don't have the spare drain plug available in workshop so they somehow fixed the old one back. Would that be an issue going forward? I have my doubts to be honest. I wouldn't have accepted it but my Dad went for the service.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you

Last edited by Axe77 : 6th February 2024 at 16:20. Reason: Caps, spacing and punctuation edits.
Old 6th February 2024, 16:53   #814
BHPian

Engine oil and filters are chargeable, the drain plug can be reused if in good condition,not a deal breaker you can change it later if you wish. Most important is to make sure the engine oil grade is as per the manual. If you drive on dusty roads often make sure the air filter is replaced as well.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 17:09   #815
BHPian

I have a Grand Vitara Smart Hybrid ZETA AT March 2023 model.

I got following message from BIMAL Auto Bangalore and they are keep following on same.
Did any of you received the same message and completed the software upgrade ?
What software update is requried for battery update ?

We wish to inform you that Maruti Suzuki India Limited has decided to proactively and voluntarily undertake a battery software update in your vehicle for smooth functioning. This software update will be undertaken free of cost.

Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 12:44   #816
BHPian

Hi All!
I'll be getting the Sigma variant in a few days.
  1. Which music system shall I go for? I'm looking for one with "Android-Auto" and not an "Android" system.
  1. Should I get it installed from Nexa or from outside?
  1. Is it possible to get the SmartPlay system that comes with Delta/Zeta installed instead? If yes, how?
  1. Are they providing any free accessories these days or not? I remember reading threads where they were offering 10-15k worth complimentary accessories.
Old 16th February 2024, 18:12   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Hi,

What is the recommended Engine Oil for Grand Vitara Strong Hybrid version? I went in for the 3rd free service, and the Service advisor used the synthetic oil by default (without asking).

Mine is a sedately driven car and 90% in the city (it had run only 8700 km till now).

What oil does Maruti/Toyota recommend for the 3 cylinder cvt engine?

Thanks!

P.S. - Also, I have noticed a slight drop in fuel efficiency post the 3rd service (1st engine oil change).
Update: Got a refund of 1600 from Maruti. They had used synthetic engine oil without my consent. Seems like this is a common tactic they use to fleece unsuspecting customers. Had I not complained to Maruti about it, they were not even willing to accept that they had pull a fast one on me. Happy with the way Maruti regional area manager handled it, and forced the dealer for a refund.
Old 17th February 2024, 11:02   #818
Distinguished - BHPian

Our December 2022 Grand Vitara Alpha+ has run over 12000kms and this is the current average. It is driven by my sister in law in Gurgaon.

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_20240217_110110.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 19:23   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Our December 2022 Grand Vitara Alpha+ has run over 12000kms and this is the current average. It is driven by my sister in law in Gurgaon.

Attachment 2573636
Am I seeing that correctly?!?!? An average of 30+ over 12K kms?? That's just super! What is her secret? I own a hybrid Hyryder and noticed that ever since my first service, my mileage has dropped. It was 28+ and after 6K kms, I'm just not able to climb over the 25 mark.
Old 19th February 2024, 23:03   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzn View Post
Am I seeing that correctly?!?!? An average of 30+ over 12K kms?? That's just super! What is her secret? I own a hybrid Hyryder and noticed that ever since my first service, my mileage has dropped. It was 28+ and after 6K kms, I'm just not able to climb over the 25 mark.
Check the engine oil used during 1st service. I experienced something similar after the first service, it was due to the heavier engine oil used. My FE dropped from 30 to 27.
Old 20th February 2024, 00:58   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Check the engine oil used during 1st service. I experienced something similar after the first service, it was due to the heavier engine oil used. My FE dropped from 30 to 27.
That's what I suspected as well but when I inquired about this when I went in for my service, they said they have always been using 0W-16. Of course, the bill only says "Synthetic Oil".
Old 20th February 2024, 05:55   #822
BHPian

Quote:
That's what I suspected as well but when I inquired about this when I went in for my service, they said they have always been using 0W-16. Of course, the bill only says "Synthetic Oil".
They don't mention the part number in the bill? This is strange.
Old 25th February 2024, 00:55   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
I had read somewhere that it displays the load distribution across your car(load majorly at front or back). I wish so much that it was a G-Force meter.
How wrong was I!
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzikio_rage View Post
Also does anyone know what this display is supposed to do and how i can use it?
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_6658.jpeg

Last edited by ex-innova-guy : 25th February 2024 at 00:57.
ex-innova-guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 01:10   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am I seeing that correctly?!?!? An average of 30+ over 12K kms??
That should be just for Trip A which is 50.6 kms.
Old 26th February 2024, 17:27   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
That should be just for Trip A which is 50.6 kms.
That's what I thought as well, but as the post said over 12K kms, I wanted to clarify.

@BoneCollector - Could you confirm what the average on 12K kms is?
Cruzn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks