Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2024, 17:07   #796
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

My Grand Vitara - Mild Hybrid Zeta Automatic - retruned 22.33 kmpl - in my recent trip from Munnar to Madurai. The highest milage I achieved is 23.65 KMPL and lowest in Bangalore bumper-to-bumper traffice on ORR - the avg fuel economy I get is 8-9 KMPL.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-gv.jpg  

skumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 08:23   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwet View Post
The door pockets easily accommodate 1 litre bottles in my case as well.

I have not faced any major issue regarding lack of power ,
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
Thanks for your very detailed observations. However, my experience with my Alpha AWD is slightly different. All the door pockets can hold a 1-litre Bisleri bottle each, with space left over for a small packet too.
Also, my acceleration from standstill,
Regarding the bottle holder capacity, I was referring to the steel bottles (1 L) that are very tall. When you close the door with those there is a problem. However, as both of you commented, the plastic bottles like Bisleri is a nice fit.

Happy to hear that both of you do not face any issue with the acceleration. It might be that my engine has not yet opened up completely. It might also have to do with the terrain I drive in. I live in a mountainous area so most of the driving are on gradients. Also, AWD might be giving an additional push for you.
Gedaliah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 10:58   #798
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't gone beyond 125 kmph but it sure felt that it could go a little faster than that too.
Maybe the state of tune of the Alpha is a bit different than that of the Delta?
I think the tune should be same for both the variants as the torque and power figures are the same. I quite agree with your view of it being a Pocket rocket. The K15C engine is really lovely and it gets vocal after 100kph but the engine note is sweet imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwet View Post
Till 120, if one loves the sound of a revving gaosline engine its actually quite addictive.
Your observation is spot on! I have the Hyryder CNG albeit with the same K15C engine. I learnt driving in a diesel car and didn’t know anything about red lining or revving too much; but boy this petrol engine has changed me. Have already completed 21000 km on it and never disappoints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedaliah View Post
Regarding the bottle holder capacity, I was referring to the steel bottles (1 L) that are very tall.
Try using the 750ml stainless steel bottles like this one. I have been using it in my Hyryder and it’s a perfect fit.

My question to all three of you- Does the brake bite feel adequate to you? I had a 2015 Innova earlier and the brakes in this car still haven’t inspired confidence to my dad or me. Have found myself in couple of tricky situations when I thought I would bump into someone ahead but luckily didn’t. I have barely driven 2000 km of the 21000 km and even my dad complains that the brake bite isn’t as great as our Old Innova.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 12:38   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
My question to all three of you- Does the brake bite feel adequate to you? I had a 2015 Innova earlier and the brakes in this car still haven’t inspired confidence to my dad or me. Have found myself in couple of tricky situations when I thought I would bump into someone ahead but luckily didn’t. I have barely driven 2000 km of the 21000 km and even my dad complains that the brake bite isn’t as great as our Old Innova.
Now that you mention it, I too have noticed "late brake bite", to coin a phrase. Perhaps I should show it to the SA during my next service.
On another note, the biggest gripe I have, so far, is the fact that I am unable to stick anything on the interior plastics, whether I use double sided tape or Fevibond. I'm considering roughening a small inconspicuous spot with sandpaper and then trying again, so see if that works. Basically I want to stick an extension board which has three cigarette lighter connectors and two USB connectors somewhere, since right now it just sits in the cupholders next to the handbrake.
FarPatel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 14:22   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Now that you mention it, I too have noticed "late brake bite", to coin a phrase. Perhaps I should show it to the SA during my next service.
Quote:
The braking feels adequate for planned circumstances. Instances where your focus is little off, the last-minute braking is bit scary. Even with disc brakes all around, I am not sure what contributes to it. My EcoSport did not have such a problem and the braking was always sure even when it was last-second panic braking. Are they sharing brake cylinder, lines, sensors etc. from other Maruti products which have lower weight? I guess for now we all need to keep good distance from the vehicle in the front as well as keep the focus on driving. Easier said than done in our roads.
Gedaliah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 15:10   #801
BHPian

Quote:
The braking feels adequate for planned circumstances.
You mentioned earlier that you have not yet driven it to highway speeds. Drive once and you’ll reconsider the statement. Braking is good no doubt but just lacks the bite that ideally should be present.
Old 11th January 2024, 16:36   #802
BHPian

Quote:
You mentioned earlier that you have not yet driven it to highway speeds. Drive once and you’ll reconsider the statement. Braking is good no doubt but just lacks the bite that ideally should be present.
Yes, the braking though very good at speeds below 100 , could be better at highway speeds. This is after having discs all around. Surprisingly the S Cross had better braking dynamics being the only Maruti car earlier with all 4 discs.

Having said that I don't think that the brakes are bad, just that having all four discs should have elevated the braking experience to the next level.
Shwet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 09:33   #803
BHPian

Hi team, my cousin has recently bought a Grand Vitara Sigma and is looking for a headlight upgrade.

Can someone please confirm the bulb/lamp specifications, along with any suggestions on what the best upgrade could look like?
Old 16th January 2024, 11:51   #804
Senior - BHPian

Apologies if this has been posted before but has anyone figured out how to access/clean the traction (hybrid) battery filter that's next to the rear passenger's seat? I've tried looking for a notch to pop open or something to remove the trim piece but no luck.

I have also spoken to Nexa service advisors. One was clueless, the other outright denied any need for this to be cleaned or for the filter to be replaced. Toyota's made a video about the presence of this vent but not much else with regard to long term operation:
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-whatsapp-image-20240116-11.47.07-am.jpeg  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-screenshot-20231230-12.34.39-pm.png  

Last edited by Tushar : 16th January 2024 at 11:54. Reason: OEM YouTube video link added
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 13:41   #805
BHPian

Hi,

What is the recommended Engine Oil for Grand Vitara Strong Hybrid version? I went in for the 3rd free service, and the Service advisor used the synthetic oil by default (without asking).

Mine is a sedately driven car and 90% in the city (it had run only 8700 km till now).

What oil does Maruti/Toyota recommend for the 3 cylinder cvt engine?

Thanks!

P.S. - Also, I have noticed a slight drop in fuel efficiency post the 3rd service (1st engine oil change).

Last edited by dhinchak : 16th January 2024 at 13:48.
Old 16th January 2024, 13:48   #806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Apologies if this has been posted before but has anyone figured out how to access/clean the traction (hybrid) battery filter that's next to the rear passenger's seat? I've tried looking for a notch to pop open or something to remove the trim piece but no luck.
Its not intended to be an user serviceable item. So you will not find it easy to access the filter and no need to clean it until and unless there is a battery temperature warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
I have also spoken to Nexa service advisors. One was clueless, the other outright denied any need for this to be cleaned or for the filter to be replaced. Toyota's made a video about the presence of this vent but not much else with regard to long term operation: https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=VEBaywFjELg
This is the general hybrid battery advisory from Toyota which is applicable to their vehicles.

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-1.png

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-2.png
Old 17th January 2024, 08:40   #807
BHPian

I would like to provide an update on the Grand Vitara Delta variant's headlamp upgrade. As mentioned in my initial review, the headlights in the Delata variant are inadequate for safe driving. I was looking at multiple options and few of the BHPians provided videos and supplier information on upgrades possible. I was just glancing through the classifieds section of TBHP and found a seller who offered Osram LED headlamps at a reasonable price. I placed an order with him and in a couple of days the item arrived by IndiaPost. The packing was fine and there was no damage. I checked couple of Youtube videos on removing HIR2 9012 type of headlamps. It was easy to do since there is lot of space behind the headlamps due to the smaller engine. The results are amazing and I do feel more confident driving at night.
Gedaliah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 12:36   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Got the owner's manual printed through printster.in and it's come out good. Size selected was B5 (details in image). Total cost was ₹448 after discount.
This was a very helpful post. I did the same to get the manual printed. The service provided by printster was great.
Old 24th January 2024, 16:36   #809
BHPian

Quote:
This was a very helpful post. I did the same to get the manual printed. The service provided by printster was great.
Got this printed, somehow the booklet seems to be too fat (as compared to my experiences with booklets of other cars). Not sure, if this is the page thickness or the book has more number of pages.

Last edited by dhinchak : 24th January 2024 at 16:45.
dhinchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 20:12   #810
BHPian

Will also try and get the manual printed. The pdf does not feel easy to refer to. Also does anyone know what this display is supposed to do and how i can use it? I didn't get the gforces experienced by the car logic, doesn't seem like something i can use
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-20240106_110233.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks