Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2023, 22:31   #766
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
Not sure about that but you can refer to this post and update it by yourself. You can download the latest software from here.
I did this update on my own as well. The app is useless and did not even show an update. Went to the website, got the update file. You'll have to unzip it and add the pkg file to the pendrive. Ensure its not in any folder

As soon as you attach it it'll detect the pendrive and update file and start. It takes a crazy 10-15 min so make sure you are parked and have a lot of time on your hand.

Fairly smooth process though. Not very sure though what changed or what became faster
Old 30th December 2023, 20:30   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzikio_rage View Post

Fairly smooth process though. Not very sure though what changed or what became faster
I asked the SA when I got it done yesterday and he said it was an upgrade of the Li-ion battery management system and would make no difference to the driving experience.
FarPatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 21:11   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzikio_rage View Post
Not very sure though what changed or what became faster
I have a Hyryder and earlier the mic volume was too low on calls and now it has fairly improved.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 14:27   #769
BHPian

Hello members, I am looking for a new car. My main requirements are a smooth driving experience and a great ride quality. Initially I was looking at sub 4m cars crossovers, but I recently drove a friend's Hyryder Hybrid, and I loved the experience. Great suspension, no shift shocks and a very low NVH in city speeds. I reached out to Nexa and Toyota showroom and the Nexa experience has been much better than Toyota. I am strongly considering getting the Grand Vitara Hybrid. However, I am a bit concerned about the large size, since the car will primarily be used in the city and I am not sure if the car would be as manoeuvrable in high traffic, and also easy enough to park in tight spaces (Even though I have a dedicated parking spot in my apartment, I am worried about when we will need to park in other places).
I had an XUV300 D AMT before which I sold off since the drive experience was quite irritating to be honest. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...uv300-amt.html (Fed up of the AMT | Keep or sell my 6-month old Mahindra XUV300 AMT?)). My wife wanted to learn driving, and she wanted to learn by driving a manual, so when opportunity presented itself, we sold the XUV and got an 8 year old Honda City manual. It's a great car, and with some love and maintenance it's been a good comfortable car.
However, as with Bangalore traffic generally everyone who has to experience it on a daily basis driving a manual car daily through traffic is not a pleasant experience.
I am looking for some feedback on the Grand Vitara Strong Hybrid as a car which would be driven daily in B2B traffic. If someone has been driving the Grand Vitara can you please help me to understand if
- the car feels too large to manoeuvre in Bumper to Bumper traffic
- the car is a pain to park due to its size
- and how the car has held up since the time it has been purchased (like rattling sounds and overall interiors)?

I have not highlighted the strong points of the car, like great mileage in traffic and Maruti after sales service , since they are well known and I am already sold on that
Old 31st December 2023, 18:46   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
I asked the SA when I got it done yesterday and he said it was an upgrade of the Li-ion battery management system and would make no difference to the driving experience.
The update izzikio_rage has mentioned is about the infotainment, it has nothing to do with the battery management system.
aks812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 14:44   #771

I’ve been using the Hyryder S Hybrid in Bangalore for over an year now (20K kms), so from my perspective:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchex7 View Post
There’s absolutely no problem manoeuvring it in Bangalore traffic. The visibility up front is great. Steering feedback is good and it centers automatically. The A-pillar creates a bit of a blind spot but will get used to that.
Quote:
The car is long. So parking at tight spots isn’t as easy as a sub compact SUV like the XUV300. But again, the steering has good feel and is very accurate. I find it easier to park the Hyryder than the Toyota Yaris.
Quote:
- and how the car has held up since the time it has been purchased (like rattling sounds and overall interiors)?
There has been a bit of ratting from the rear. The culprit was the seat belt’s metal part brushing against the plastics on the side. Keeping the seat belt plugged in or keeping it out of the way of the plastic solved it. No issues with the interior so far, but yeah the interior doesn’t give an impression of a 20L car.

Some positives I’ve personally felt:
1. Mileage after 20K kms : 23.1 Kmpl mostly driven in Bangalore with occasional highway trips.
2. The suspension is an absolute joy! Feels like you’re on clouds.
3. The steering weighs up nicely. It’s a bit heavier in the city compared to something like the Hector or the Creta, but very accurate and confidence inspiring.

Negatives:
1. Interior plastic screams cheap.
2. Boot space is quite less with the parcel tray in place.
3. Acceleration after 90 kmph is quite lacking. Engine gets loud with very little progress.

I would recommend getting an extended test drive of either the Grand Vitara or Hyryder hybrid preferably on a weekday when there’s traffic so you can make up your mind.
Er_Who is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 20:12   #772
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, what is the FE of the GV Hybrid and the Mild Hybrid - city and highway (please do not give cumulative numbers). Thank you

Last edited by condor : 3rd January 2024 at 20:13.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 20:17   #773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Folks, what is the FE of the GV Hybrid and the Mild Hybrid - city and highway (please do not give cumulative numbers). Thank you
Strong hybrid in our extended family always does 20+ kpl in city and 24+ on the highway. It varies with the driver obviously but the city mileage is phenomenal.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 23:11   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Can tell you about my mild hybrid which has been driven around 3k km. Mostly sedate driving, not revving too much over 3k RPM

Highway : 18.5- 21 most of the times. This was a fully loaded car with 4 adults and an absolutely packed boot

City: 16 - 17, this depends a lot on the traffic. Red lights where the engine and auto shut off tend to be better vs places where you move for a long time at a crawl (something the full hybrid will excel in)
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-screenshot_20231224_180441_suzuki-connect.jpg  

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-screenshot_20240103_185442_suzuki-connect.jpg  

Last edited by izzikio_rage : 3rd January 2024 at 23:14.
izzikio_rage is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 23:42   #775
BANNED

Quote:
Mild hybrid can easily return 16-17 kmpl in city and 21-22 kmpl on highways. Talking about the manual transmission.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 23:45   #776
BANNED

Quote:

I have not highlighted the strong points of the car, like great mileage in traffic and Maruti after sales service , since they are well known and I am already sold on that
1 - Sorry to hear about your experience with the XUV300, it is one of the best cars in the segment, only let down by the terrible AMT.
2 - Have you checked out the Brezza? It is smaller than Grand Vitara but retains most of the great things like great fuel efficiency, enough space, no non-sense approach to everything.
Old 4th January 2024, 06:09   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
Have you checked out the Brezza? It is smaller than Grand Vitara but retains most of the great things like great fuel efficiency, enough space, no non-sense approach to everything.
I had checked out Brezza as well as it seemed the more logical choice. In all my 3 test drives, I didn't feel the same comfort and ride smoothness. I honestly prefer Brezza because of the size and looks (personal opinion), but it didn't feel like the suspension tune was the same in Brezza and Grand Vitara. I also felt that it didn't have the low end punch compared to the Strong Hybrid powertrain of the GV.
Old 4th January 2024, 12:54   #778
BHPian

First Major Accident Update

My GV All Grip had an unfortunate accident where a Honda City banged it from behind just close to aerocity near the Mahipalpur Flyover. The Vehicle was stationery and suddenly a speeding Honda city banged me from behind. Was in a state of shock for some moments before coming down from the vehicle and started inspecting damages. Spoke to the Honda city guy and he promptly apologized that his son had pulled his seat belt and he couldn't slam the brakes on time. I was not convinced with his line of explanation till the time i saw the damage. His bumper had fallen down and was hanging by a thread literally. On closer inspection I was astonished that only the middle portion of my bumper had some scratches and it looked as if some locks were loose . The Honda city guy was in shock and we settled it there despite not being convinced with his argument. Probably it was the biting cold at 7 PM or relief that i got away lightly.

A closer inspection at home revealed some mild scratches on the left side black portion of the bumper and with my keen eye I could deduce some misalignment. Took it to the service centre at Nexa and they fixed the locks of the middle part corrected the alignment of the left side plastic bumper. The bumper as a whole had no alignment problems , they suggested I go for a black cladding over the middle part to cover the scratches, I went for it because it looked cool and anyways I did not have to change the part. The Black middle cladding comes on the Top of the line Hybrid version. I felt it makes a nice contrast with my White Vitara. Thankfully no Chrome there.

The point is I am shocked and pleasantly surprised by the build quality of the vehicle , I was in a state of shock after that crash and to escape with such light scratches does prove that this vehicle is not flimsy by any means. The Old gen Honda city (2008-2014) which hit me in fact came across as badly damaged in this impact. I have some pictures of the part which was taken out for alignment and the whole back bumper has a strong metal Rod re-enforcement just before the plastic cladding. I think the GV should prove to a strong car in the crash tests. I now don't need any convincing.

This is where they took out the middle portion on my prodding to check the locks .

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_20240103_110612-1.jpg

Last edited by Shwet : 4th January 2024 at 12:57. Reason: image
Shwet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 16:14   #779
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwet View Post
First Major Accident Update

The point is I am shocked and pleasantly surprised by the build quality of the vehicle , I was in a state of shock after that crash and to escape with such light scratches does prove that this vehicle is not flimsy by any means. The Old gen Honda city (2008-2014) which hit me in fact came across as badly damaged in this impact. I have some pictures of the part which was taken out for alignment and the whole back bumper has a strong metal Rod re-enforcement just before the plastic cladding. I think the GV should prove to a strong car in the crash tests. I now don't need any convincing.

This is where they took out the middle portion on my prodding to check the locks .

Attachment 2553792
First of all, sorry to hear about the incident, secondly, no need to get shocked by anything here. Don't let the social media memes fool you, modern Marutis have much better build quality than most people will tell you. Recently, a neighbor's Fronx was rear-ended by an auto at city speeds, and the only damage it took was a slightly bent and scratched bumper that was repaired and repainted within a few hours. Grand Vitara/Brezza is a well-built vehicle, as evident by your post.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 16:18   #780
BANNED

Quote:
I had checked out Brezza as well as it seemed the more logical choice. In all my 3 test drives, I didn't feel the same comfort and ride smoothness. I honestly prefer Brezza because of the size and looks (personal opinion), but it didn't feel like the suspension tune was the same in Brezza and Grand Vitara. I also felt that it didn't have the low end punch compared to the Strong Hybrid powertrain of the GV.
Brezza has a slightly stiffer setup than Grand Vitara, but both offer nearly the same level of comfort. Are you sure the cars you tested weren't overfilled with air? Regarding the low-end punch, it is obvious that the mild-hybrid can't match the Strong-hybrid in this aspect but what you do get is a smoother engine with a decent bottom-end and a cool 5 lakh+ saved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks