Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2023, 12:07   #751
BANNED

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedaliah View Post
I went through some of those videos. Almost all are about installing Chinese brands. I am not sure about the longevity, sturdiness and water resistance of these brands. I did a search on Amazon and found an Osram plug and play option. I guess I will give it a try. It is bit pricey and hopefully with Osram I will not be stranded on the road at night.

Attachment 2545436
You can get better pricing elsewhere. I have had good experience with this website (no affiliation)
https://www.planetcarcare.com/collections/leds-50w
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 16:15   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzikio_rage View Post
One quick question for all the Vitara owners. Do the rear seat seat belts have to be buckled all the time? It seems like the rear seats do not have a pressure/weight sensor and if the belt is not buckled it will keep beeping.

Is this the norm (very strange) or is this an issue with the car i got.
I don't have this issue in my Alfa AllGrip. The rear seatbelts are not buckled when empty and I get no beeps from them.

One issue I do have, and I'm not sure if its an issue or a safety feature to protect the engine, is this: If I get to the redline in either 1st or 2nd, around 5000 rpm, the engine suddenly 'dies', for want of a better description, with sudden deceleration and regains its composure when I let up on the throttle, as if nothing happened.
This happens in either normal or sport mode. Anyone else with a smart hybrid facing this?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th December 2023 at 10:12. Reason: back to back posts merged
FarPatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 20:07   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzikio_rage View Post
There were a lot of discussions on the smaller boot in the Grand Vitara. We managed to fill our mild hybrid with 2 full size suitcases, one air bag, laptop bag and a car tools bag.

Definitely not light packers
The boot size is an issue for the hybrid version, not mild hybrids.
Old 18th December 2023, 20:17   #754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
One issue I do have, and I'm not sure if its an issue or a safety feature to protect the engine, is this: If I get to the redline in either 1st or 2nd, around 5000 rpm, the engine suddenly 'dies', for want of a better description, with sudden deceleration and regains its composure when I let up on the throttle, as if nothing happened.
This happens in either normal or sport mode. Anyone else with a smart hybrid facing this?
Are you driving an automatic or manual? I have an automatic and have never experienced the issue you mentioned in your post. It could be worthwhile to have your service personnel investigate, as it doesn't appear to be normal.
Old 18th December 2023, 20:47   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Are you driving an automatic or manual? I have an automatic and have never experienced the issue you mentioned in your post. It could be worthwhile to have your service personnel investigate, as it doesn't appear to be normal.
No, mine's a manual. I don't think your automatic would redline before the gear changes occur. Am I right?
Old 18th December 2023, 22:01   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, mine's a manual. I don't think your automatic would redline before the gear changes occur. Am I right?
In manual mode, the automatic transmission holds gears till 6,000 rpm, after that it downshift.
Old 18th December 2023, 22:27   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
In manual mode, the automatic transmission holds gears till 6,000 rpm, after that it downshift.
And you say you have redlined your car without any hiccups? I'll talk to my SA about it and see if he can throw some light on it. Thanks.
Old 22nd December 2023, 16:11   #758
BHPian

Have been doing some long drives in the Vitara. Cross city drives with good highways is absolutely amazing in terms of comfort and fuel efficiency. This was a fully loaded car with the boot packed to the brim, backpacks all over the place in the cabin and 4 adults.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-screenshot_20231222_154451_suzuki-connect.jpg  

izzikio_rage is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 18:15   #759
BHPian

Quote:
I don't have this issue in my Alfa AllGrip. The rear seatbelts are not buckled when empty and I get no beeps from them.
Its a feature added by Maruti in cars made post March 2023, they basically did a cost cutting by not putting weight sensor and instead added a sensor only in the seatbelt buckle hence the rear belts have to be always buckled.
aks812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 11:29   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks812 View Post
Its a feature added by Maruti in cars made post March 2023, they basically did a cost cutting by not putting weight sensor and instead added a sensor only in the seatbelt buckle hence the rear belts have to be always buckled.
I would find that pretty irritating, especially since the centre seatbelt comes down from the ceiling and would interfere with my view in the IRVM.
Old 26th December 2023, 15:23   #761
BHPian

Here is a snapshot of my recent trip from Chennai to Vijayawada in Grand Vitara Strong Hybrid. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-gvsh.jpg  

vvrchandra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 18:53   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Here is a snapshot of my recent trip from Chennai to Vijayawada in Grand Vitara Strong Hybrid. Thanks.
Maybe its a bug in my app. But I've realized that this menu takes a simple average of the fuel efficency across the days when it should ideally be taking the weighted average (distance as base). Seems like a strange error to make
Old 29th December 2023, 09:47   #763
BHPian

Heard there is some sort of recall for a software update on mild hybrid versions. Can someone throw some light on this
Old 29th December 2023, 14:43   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks812 View Post

Is it possible to get the weight sensors installed as an after market accessory?
marutifan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 18:22   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
Heard there is some sort of recall for a software update on mild hybrid versions. Can someone throw some light on this
Not sure about that but you can refer to this post and update it by yourself. You can download the latest software from here.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks