Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2023, 10:37   #646
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Hi everyone,

Recently I noticed that when I press the start button, there is a click from under the glove box. When I turn on the engine I again hear the click from under the glove box. Car starts fine. When I turn off the engine I again hear the click from under the glove box. I realise there is a fuse box there but unsure if this was there already? I recently added an aftermarket horn using a 4-pin relay which one placed in the engine compartment.

Is the click(s) normal while turning on and off the ignition? Please help.
Which car do you own, hybrid or smart hybrid? The click sound is normal in hybrid.
aks812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 11:03   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks812 View Post
Which car do you own, hybrid or smart hybrid? The click sound is normal in hybrid.
It is the smart hybrid.
Old 25th August 2023, 07:28   #648
BHPian

Confused between GV mild hybrid and Honda Elevate.

Daily city drive is 70kms from Delhi to Gurgaon.

Had booked both. GV is available for delivery and Elevate will come in a month or 2.

Look and feel... Heart says Elevate
Fuel Efficiency... Mind says GV

Pls suggest.
Old 9th September 2023, 08:01   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks812 View Post
I own GV alpha+ (Grey, ~ 3 weeks, 280 km) and I have not noticed any clicking sound. With limited driving the MID shows a fuel economy of ~ 20 kmpl. I will post more detailed feedback post 1st service and an upcoming long trip to Delhi.

Additions considered: 70mai 810 dashcam and 3M ceramic coat (~ 2 years).

AnG
Old 10th September 2023, 06:38   #650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearup_1111 View Post
Confused between GV mild hybrid and Honda Elevate.

Daily city drive is 70kms from Delhi to Gurgaon.

Had booked both. GV is available for delivery and Elevate will come in a month or 2.

Look and feel... Heart says Elevate
Fuel Efficiency... Mind says GV

Pls suggest.
Both are really good at that price point. As you told yourself, elevate has a slightly powerful engine than GV mild hybrid. But GV has better fuel economy. Two things which i find missing in elevate which i felt was a must was the missing 3 point seat belt and head rest for the rear passenger middle seat. If you will travel with 5 persons, its absolutely vital to have those two. Other than that, its upto you.
itsmystyle07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 22:41   #651
BHPian

Grand Vitara is inching towards 1 lakh sale dispatches within 12 months of its launch back in September 2022.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-phonto.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 16:13   #652
BHPian

Hello everyone.

I am asking this for a friend who got a Grand Vitara Zeta Mild Hybrid a month ago and is facing the following issue.

Car starts when started initially but when switched off or stalled it will not start back in the first try and shows the following: On entering the car, MID shows this

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img20230909wa0011.jpg

which then turns to this on pressing the start button without the engine turning on

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img20230909wa0010.jpg

He has also installed a mat (NEXA Accessory) after which this issue cropped up. What should be done in this case?

Last edited by Dr.Procastinate : 13th September 2023 at 16:24.
Dr.Procastinate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 16:46   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Procastinate View Post
Hello everyone.

I am asking this for a friend who got a Grand Vitara Zeta Mild Hybrid a month ago and is facing the following issue.

Car starts when started initially but when switched off or stalled it will not start back in the first try and shows the following: On entering the car, MID shows this “IGNITION ACC”

which then turns to this on pressing the start button without the engine turning on

“Ignition ON”

He has also installed a mat (NEXA Accessory) after which this issue cropped up. What should be done in this case?
Firstly, installaing the mats (Nexa or afternarket) do not affect the starting behaviour in any manner. The only affect a poorly designed mat could do is the damage the clutch in the long run if the mat extends beneath the pedals.

Regarding your original query, I apologize for repeating for the sake of clarity because stalling the car and switching it off is a completely different scenario.

Situation 1: When the car engine is running and the car is switch off by pressing the auto on-off button.

The car will go into “ignition off” position since the car has been shut off/switched off.

Now, if the clutch pedal is pressed and engine on-off button is pressed, it will start the car’s engine.

If clutch pedal is not pressed and engine button is pressed, it will go into accessory mode, further press of the button will take the car into ignition on mode and finally it will switch on the engine for which one needs to press the clutch pedal before hitting the engine on-off button.

Situation 2: The car was being driven and it stalled so the engine got shut down

Here, the car stays in ignition on mode. To restart the car, simply press the clutch and press the engine button. If you do not press the clutch pedal, it will turn off the car (ignition).
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 09:49   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Grand Vitara achieves 100,000 sales in 12 months

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-screenshot-20230919-094948.png

Quote:
Launched on September 26, 2022, Maruti Suzuki India’s flagship model wins over buyers with its fuel-efficient hybrid system, clever packaging and interior quality. Despite formidable competition in the midsize SUV segment, the premium Grand Vitara has carved a niche for itself in a short span of time.
It is estimated that the Grand Vitara has, till now, received around 210,000 bookings (of which 100,000 units have been sold) with 45,000 bookings for the strong-hybrid trims, which have a waiting period of around 3 months. This means that of Maruti Suzuki’s total pending orders of 350,000 units, the Grand Vitara accounts for 31% of them.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th September 2023 at 09:53.
volkman10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 19:11   #655
BHPian

1 Lakh sales in a year for petrol only SUV seems really good. Would be interesting to see the split between the mild and strong hybrids, I mostly see mild hybrids on the road, however having experienced the stupidly good mileage of the strong hybrid in city traffic, its surprising I don't see many of them.
Turbolove is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 19:25   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Grand Vitara achieves 100,000 sales in 12 months

Attachment 2505461

It is estimated that the Grand Vitara has, till now, received around 210,000 bookings (of which 100,000 units have been sold) with 45,000 bookings for the strong-hybrid trims, which have a waiting period of around 3 months. This means that of Maruti Suzuki’s total pending orders of 350,000 units, the Grand Vitara accounts for 31% of them.

Link
But CarnBike says this, just 22000 pending, others vanished ?
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-screenshot_202309291752442.png
CarnBike
Old 29th September 2023, 19:32   #657
BANNED

Why Maruti sell these many cars? I want to just give you example of my 2 friends.

First one bought Kia Seltos Turbo petrol AT for 23.75 Lakhs on road. Overall he is happy with car but average he gets in city is 8-9 only. This is his daily drive and only car with not much highways runs, occasional only. Now he is happy but thinking that has he made mistake by going for Seltos as daily expenditure on petrol bills is much more. Previously he had Honda City.

Second friend bought Maruti Grand Vitara petrol AT for 16.xx lakhs. He added accessories worth some 40 K and made it almost like top end. He is getting 13-14 average in city and overall very happy with his purchase. Power is good enough within city and highways are also handled very well with 1.5 NA engine.

I know both cases are very different but still friend who bought Kia Seltos is worried now within 1-2 months only. He said, it has so many features but he hardly uses them in day to day drive. Both my friends are 45+ like me. Now he is thinking whether he has taken right decision or not by getting Seltos. Whereas friend who got Vitara is very happy with his ride. This shows why common mango man prefer Maruti over other cars.
aniketi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 21:19   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
This shows why common mango man prefer Maruti over other cars.
We recently added Grand Vitara Sigma to our garage, was bought for my dad for commuting. As I started using it, fell in love with the no nonsense package and ended up using it more than him!

Engine is refined, has good low end torque and as expected good efficiency as well. As I clocked more miles, my driving style has changed, ended up extract some performance out of it as well. One needs to rev it more than usual, but it does have decent performance.

Clutch is super light, gear shifts are slick, ride and handling feels European.

Equipment list has almost all basics like
-Auto AC.
-Keyless entry.
-Push button start/stop.
-Power folding/adjustable ORVM.
-Arm rest both at front and rear.
-Rear AC vents.
-Dead pedal.
-60/40 split folding rear seats with adjustable headrest.
-Height adjustable driver seat.
-Projector headlights.
-Steering mounted audio control.
And much more

Music system and alloy were added as accessories. Stock was 17inch steel wheel, so just alloy was swapped.

At 13.2L on road with all the additional accessories, it offers unbeatable value too.
giri1.8 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 21:44   #659
BHPian

I got the GV strong hybrid in June and have clocked 4900kms till date. Although the average mileage I'm getting is around 16.5kmpl (100% city driving with 100% AC on) which is not extra ordinary by hybrid standards, I can say that I'm happy with the car. Yes the space is less and can be compared to a B+ segment hatch and I'm yet to experience the highway driving performance but the car feels better built than other Maruti cars. Some say the hybrid is overpriced and I agree but then which car isn't right. Add to that the proven hybrid system from Toyota and the overall package is good for my use case and apart from boot space, I didn't find anything that can be a deal breaker. Hopefully the battery will last for 10+ years.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 09:14   #660
BHPian

My two cents on why people prefer Grand Vitara, being the owner of a GV all grip version. The first set of people as has been clearly mentioned are the one's for whom a big SUV with excellent mileage figures matters and somewhere along the line even people in the second category appreciate that and it is a major decision while finalizing the purchase.

The second category appreciates the vehicle for it's good platform and excellent driving dynamics while compromising slightly on the power aspect , these would include the buyers of the All Grip like yours truly. Having driven both Creta and Seltos I am of the opinion that there is something missing in the handling and overall driving dynamics of the cars. The seltos till it's old avatar had horribly stiff ride quality whereas the Creta is a little floaty for my comfort. The Vitara on the other hand dismisses bad roads with aplomb and the suspension is robust. What this vehicle begs for is a turbo petrol or a 2.4 litre engine which lets be honest is never going to happen. My brother in law who stays in the Gulf drove my Vitara and was mightily impressed with it , his comment was it deserves an engine above 2 litres.

In a crux that's the summary, a very capable chassis , a superb AWD system that can just make mincemeat of bad roads but an ordinary engine which just doesn't complement the chassis. However the engine otherwise is appropriate and I have driven upto 150 kmph on the Mumbai Delhi expressway and it does go there without being raucous, just after 120 the progress is slow by today's standards. However till 120 it does gather pickup very fast.

So there you have it. An engine which is sufficient for most , is rev happy and refined, fuel efficiency plus a capable vehicle with strong reliability and you tick most boxes.

Last edited by Shwet : 30th September 2023 at 09:16.
Shwet is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks