Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2023, 22:31   #616
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Have any of you got a hard copy of owners manual with your car. My dealer hasn't provided the same and saying that suzuki rewards app will have manual in it but it doesn't. You can only see service history in this app. How come a company sell a car without a manual, be it a paperbook or digital ebook.
Old 6th July 2023, 22:46   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
How come a company sell a car without a manual, be it a paperbook or digital ebook.
The digital copy of the manual is available for download at

https://www.nexaexperience.com/car-manual

Scroll down and select Grand Vitara user manual. The audio system manual is also available.

There is no hard copy provided.

Took delivery of our GV Alpha + strong hybrid today, was a seamless experience with Mandovi Nexa, from booking to delivery, Car was delivered home, could not do a PDI as we were busy. Waiting period for Midnight black was 2 months and regular updates were provided by the dealer.

It feels well put together and there are definitely improvements from first batches.The plastic quality seems improved, no strange noises from the engine bay, whatever noises are there are very subtle, there is a thrum from the 3 cylinder but settles down once warmed up. The transition from battery to engine is smooth.

Loving the hybrid experience!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_20230706_111228.jpg  

Last edited by nirmaljusdoit : 6th July 2023 at 22:58.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 10:14   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
The digital copy of the manual is available for download at

https://www.nexaexperience.com/car-manual

Scroll down and select Grand Vitara user manual. The audio system manual is also available.

There is no hard copy provided.

Loving the hybrid experience!
I too had downloaded and printed out the manual from the same site. However, since it is 608 pages long I printed it out back to back, two pages per sheet and then cut the pages in half and spiral-bound them into two volumes to make it manageable.

Took a bit of trial and error to get the pages to print correctly but got it in the end.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th July 2023 at 12:42. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
FarPatel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 17:19   #619
BHPian

I'd like to share my experience with Nexa for the third free service yesterday. I had read in the manual that the default number of clicks for the lane change feature of the indicators is three and that if I wanted it to be increased to four I should contact the service centre. So I asked the SA if he could oblige. He was not aware of this but promised to check. I asked him not to take too much trouble over this if it will delay the delivery after the service, so on my trip back home after the service I was very pleasantly surprised to see that this had indeed been done.

Also, I wasn't able to go out to my compound to pop the hood till this morning, due to the rain and I was so surprised to see the condition of the engine compartment! It literally looked brand new, straight out of the factory. I've no idea how they did it and I'm thinking I'll get this done every few months, rather than wait for another 10000 km or one year, till the next service.

Further, the SA arranged for me to be dropped off to my office, which is only about 3-4 km away and also had the car delivered to the office when the job was done.

Very pleased with the service provided by Automotive Nerul, Navi Mumbai.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th July 2023 at 12:42. Reason: Minor spacing for improved readability
FarPatel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 19:23   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
My dealer hasn't provided the same and saying that suzuki rewards app will have manual in it but it doesn't. You can only see service history in this app.
The link to the owners manual has already been provided above.

In addition to that, I would like to show you the “S-assist” section screenshot in the Rewards app where owners manual can be found. S-assist section can be opened by clicking at the robot head at the bottom of the Rewards app. Check screenshot below. You must add your car to the Rewards app (to access manual) by the way.

Please revert back, if possible, if you can see the owners manual for Grand Vitara here or not. This can be useful for other owners too as none are getting printed manual these days from Maruti (I support this).

Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_5013.jpeg
PaddleShifter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 11:46   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post

In addition to that, I would like to show you the “S-assist” section screenshot in the Rewards app where owners manual can be found. S-assist section can be opened by clicking at the robot head at the bottom of the Rewards app. Check screenshot below. You must add your car to the Rewards app (to access manual) by the way.

Please revert back, if possible, if you can see the owners manual for Grand Vitara here or not. This can be useful for other owners too as none are getting printed manual these days from Maruti (I support this).

Attachment 2473467
Yes you are right. Actually the sales person said the manual will be there in the Rewads app but I never actually ventured into the s-assist section. I just searched the home page where your service history and all that is available and didn't find the manual. My bad. Thanks for your reply and it will help many owners of current gen Maruti cars as none of their cars (atleast from NEXA outlet) are coming with manual these days.
Carpainter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 01:02   #622
BHPian

Dear Sigma variant owners - Is there a rear defogger available on the sigma variant?
Old 10th July 2023, 12:37   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Took delivery of our Sigma smart hybrid, will update more details once I clock more miles.
Hi Bhpians,

So far we have clocked 20k km and overall experience has been positive and niggle free as expected.

Only thing that needs to be changed are the halogen bulbs, can someone suggest a good upgrade? We often drive through areas with dense fog and heavy rain, so not sure if LEDs will be any better. If it's the only way forward then would love to know the correct colour temperature to opt for these conditions.
giri1.8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 14:11   #624
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
The car is scheduled to go to the workshop in a day or two.
Similar issues, one probable cause is clogged sunroof drain out pipe.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 07:38   #625
BHPian

So the car came back from the workshop after about five days siesta in the workshop compound. Apparently leak was from the rear door and culprit being some rubber beading. The car has been dry till now but will know soon as the rains are looming. If it was due to a rubber beading, isn’t it a design flaw. As an architect, I know we don’t design details that are dependent on rubbber or silicone for preventing water ingress.

OT: after the car came back, we went for an out station trip and found that the front windscreen got a chip and the crack has developed on the drivers side. So it will go again for a few days rest at the NEXA body shop.

Sometimes the excitement just doesn’t end 😀
shivmarwaha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 09:25   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
So the car came back from the workshop after about five days siesta in the workshop compound. Apparently leak was from the rear door and culprit being some rubber beading.
Incidentally, I came across a leaking Grand Vitara at an Arena service centre in Panchkula last Sunday. I saw the ASC washing a carpet in their car wash area behind the ASC. I thought this must be one enthusiast owner who wants to clean the carpet properly to get rid of the tiny food particles and other stuff that accumulates over the years. It turned out that the carpet was from a brand new Grand Vitara standing there with the floor flooded with water and a service personnel clicking photos to identify the problem.

Our March 2000 model Maruti 800 had a similar leakage under the floor that was never found in 20 years of ownership. That car was used exclusively for either rainy days or when 3 people or more were traveling together. The car ran mostly without carpet during monsoons (800 had a removable carpet in those days).

Couldnt resist sharing this after seeing your post as this is the second case I have seen in 4 days.
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 14:57   #627
BHPian

I had booked the Jimny Alpha Manual after returning from the Autoexpo and waited for six months, but after taking a test drive and the price 17L on road in Hyderabad cancelled it and booked the AWD Grand Vitara. Seems more VFM than the over priced and lacking features Jimny. The GV AWD costs about 4L more than the Jimny but it has more interior and boot space , a bigger safer footprint on road specially the highway, better rear seats , better shoulder space, better very important highway and city milage , 360° camera and a sunroof (would not have made a difference though).
I had been looking for a 4×4 Gypsy (own a 2005 King) and a highway cruiser (exchanging my 2016 Ciaz Zxi+) combo thought the Jimny would do it but the GV AWD did it better.
Now the wait starts for Nexa to deliver.

Last edited by rdhan : 3rd August 2023 at 15:18.
rdhan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 23:17   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Only thing that needs to be changed are the halogen bulbs, can someone suggest a good upgrade? We often drive through areas with dense fog and heavy rain, so not sure if LEDs will be any better. If it's the only way forward then would love to know the correct colour temperature to opt for these conditions.
Hi, you should consider upgrading to 50W, 4200K LEDs from OSRAM. I have upgraded my halogens on Honda City to these and they work like a charm.

Here's the link to my post where you could also see the pics of the comparison with halogens and the lighting impact. Hope that helps you.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5589080 (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 23:52   #629

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhan View Post
I had booked the Jimny Alpha Manual after returning from the Autoexpo and waited for six months, but after taking a test drive and the price 17L on road in Hyderabad cancelled it and booked the AWD Grand Vitara. Seems more VFM than the over priced and lacking features Jimny. The GV AWD costs about 4L more than the Jimny but it has more interior and boot space , a bigger safer footprint on road specially the highway, better rear seats , better shoulder space, better very important highway and city milage , 360° camera and a sunroof (would not have made a difference though).
I had been looking for a 4×4 Gypsy (own a 2005 King) and a highway cruiser (exchanging my 2016 Ciaz Zxi+) combo thought the Jimny would do it but the GV AWD did it better.
Now the wait starts for Nexa to deliver.
The grand vitara is indeed a great value for money considering the Jimny costing approximately 17L for the dual tone alpha AT.Grand vitara is a sensible buy for highway runs and occasional offroading.
I took a test drive of the all grip variant and was surprised:
1.The ride quality is just phenomenal.It can't be compared with the Koreans and Germans which are slightly on the stiffer side.
2.It drives like a car.The dynamics are pretty decent for a Maruti.I felt the steering to be a bit disconnected.
3.The engine is also pretty good and refined with ample amount of power and lot of features on offer
4.Jimny in my opinion is very narrow for two well built adults.It is not very stable above 100kmph and not practical too.
The VAG32 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 21:16   #630

Why I booked a Grand Vitara instead of other SUVs in the segment

Hola! As you might have deduced by now, I have recently booked a Grand Vitara Delta AT mild hybrid from Varun Motors Bangalore in last week of July 2023. This was a long 6 month process which finally culminated in the booking of the Suzuki powerhorse.

Start of Search: I come from a defence background with 3 generations of my ancestors serving in defence services ( Father - IAF, Grand Father - Indian Army, Great Grand Father - British Army). I broke that rule ( not for the lack of trying though, failed SSB twice), but have been on the receiving end of breaking the tradition. Coming to the point, my dad is retiring next month and had been on a lookout for a good car. He wanted the car to be delivered before his retirement i.e September 2023.
He intends to enjoy his retired days with peace and exploring West and South India. Because he might be travelling long distance almost every month, we were looking for 3 things as must have - Good Safety Ratings, Decent Mileage and Automatic transmission. Our budget was Max 18 OTR. Based on multiple reviews, we zeroed on 4 cars:
1. Tata Nexon
2. Hyundai Venue and Creta
3. Grand Vitara
4. Kia Seltos

We didn't take test drive of Kia Seltos as the facelift was upon us and we didn't want to buy an older model car.

Test Drive Process:

1. Tata Nexon
We took test drive of Tata Nexon XZA first. Visited Tata Showroom in Rajajinagar and the first impressions of the car were amazing, but the experience left a lot to be desired. The following were our impressions:
  • Nexon feels and drives well. The driver seat is well positioned. The AMT gearbox in the test vehicle was good and shifted quite smooth which was contrary to what I was expecting. Dad liked the car in one go but decided to shift backseat to understand comfort.
  • The backseats were not comfortable. He constantly complained about the abysmal thigh support and lack of space. Since he is planning multiple family trips, he didn't think the space was enough for 3 people to sit comfortably.
  • Tata ASS was another issue for me. Team BHp does not review them favorably and going by multiple ownership threads, they make you run pillar to post the moment something goes wrong.
  • My father also has good experience with vehicles and was not inclining towards a car with 3 cylinder engine. However, he did mention that the car didn't feel like one during the test drive.
  • The final nail in the coffin was tata sales team. The sales representative was constantly on call with others customers during our test drive, so much so that we had to repeat our questions multiple times to get a response. Furthermore, the test drive was pretty short - around 3-4 kms and he seemed in a hurry to end the test drive than to sell the car. Not to mention we had to wait around 45 mins for the test vehicle even after informing the showroom and booking a test drive slot in advance.
We were definitely impressed by the robustness of Nexon. The impressive stance, the loud THUD! of doors, and barely any loose panels had us hooked. But ultimately we decided to keep looking.

2. Hyundai Creta / Venue: These were much simple to reject. We were quite disappointed to see that Venue might look like an SUV, but has much smaller windscreen visibility even when compared to our 2010 Ford Figo. While the Venue certainly sits higher, it didn't seem even as spacious as our old Figo.
Creta was overall good. We liked the looks. It was way more spacious that the tiny Venue. The boot was good. Very feature rich, and a good AT gearbox. We had a good service centre experience as well, and the sales executive gave us a good test drive, answering all our questions, informing us about the features in detail and explaining the price breakup. Our only concern was that even the base Automatic CVT Variant is 20 L OTR in Karnataka, and with no running offers due to higher demand, we had to skip it.

3. Grand Vitara
We were getting a bit frustrated with ourselves and we had started to think that maybe we are asking for too much in our limited budget. One fine evening, we got a call from one of my old buddies and he told me that he has bought a Grand Vitara. He had booked the Strong Hybrid variant and was very impressed about the space, features and overall ride quality. Post call, I had a quick discussion with my father and we decided we give it a shot as well. Called Varun Motors Hebbal and booked a test drive slot. Honestly, we had gone with very low expectations but were pleasantly surprised with the experience at Varun Motors. The following were our impressions:
  • The Sales Executive gave us test drive in Alpha CVT smart hybrid variant. The test drive was almost 50 kms long. He asked us to take the car till the McDonalds signal before Bangalore Airport toll booth. The best part, he gave us this long test drive without even asking.
  • The car has a very linear acceleration pull. It was nothing mind blowing to be honest and felt pretty mid. If at all, it has to be the weakest part of what is a very solid car all around. This car was not made to create track records, or even perform quarter mile drags signal-to-signal.
  • The paddle shifters are a welcome addition though and they do make up for the (lack of) acceleration. They were definitely handy in overtaking fast moving cabs on the airport roads. Otherwise, you will have to plan your overtakes on highways.
  • Very spacious - Both in the front and back. The back has amazing thigh support and they even recline a teeny tiny bit. But nevertheless, they were the most comfortable seats out of all the cars we test drive.
  • While the Alpha variant has good soft touch finishes everywhere, the Delta Variant we booked has hard plastics everywhere. We intend to change them the day car gets delivered.
  • Buttery smooth AT. The AT was as good as the one we experienced in Creta. No complaints there.
  • Smart Hybrid is a sham - Sales executive informed us that the teeny LiOn battery will give us boost only while we are climbing an incline or trying to hard accelerate. Honestly, could not make out if it was even working.
  • Good Satefy Features - 2 Airbags, All Disc brakes, EBD, ABS, Hill Hold assist as standard. While Grand Vitara has not been safety tested, I was informed that the platform has been rated 4 star on Global NCAP.
  • Excellent Mileage: The Smart Hybrid Alpha we test drove had 19.6Km/L as per MID. We were told to expect 15-16 in cities and 18-20 on highways.
  • CSD Offers: The sales executive informed us that we can get an additional 1.2 Lakhs discount on OTR if we buy using CSD. My father has never bought any vehicle from CSD but there's first time for everything.
  • Excellent Sales Experience - The sales executive was not pushy, gave us in depth information on every question we asked, didn't bad mouth other brands when we told him about the other test drives and honestly seemed in giving us honest information about the car rather than trying us to oversell.
Ultimately the Delta AT we booked was his suggestion. When we told him about our requirements, he didn't try to sell us Zeta AT or Alpha AT and instead told us to book Delta since it covers all things we needed - Good Mileage, Good Safety and AT. The fact that Delta AT comes with Cruise Control was cherry on top! All in all, except for the plastics all around, and the not-so-great pickup, we are pretty satisfied with our booking decision.
Quickly paid 11000 as booking amount and booked the Silver Grand Vitara. We saw Silver color Vitara in the showroom and my parents quickly took a liking to it. Herez them posing with it to showoff to my brother:
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_20230805_201254.jpg  

LtStealthy is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks